Batangas City, Philippines?

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
lavezzi
Junior Poster

Batangas City, Philippines?

Post by lavezzi »

Has anyone any knowledge or experience of Batangas City?

I've met a Filipina from there who I'm highly keen on so it will probably be my future destination..

Thanks in advance for any responses.
Johnny1975
Experienced Poster

Re: Batangas City, Philippines?

Post by Johnny1975 »

Poor lavezzi. No one responded, and now it's 4 years on. We owe him.

I'll start. It looks very nice. Hardly any slums, nice houses, and it looks quite civilized and normal. But it's a bit small and there's no beach. But it's close to the lake and the sea. That's all I know. I'd like to know what it's like living there. Hopefully someone will let me know before 2019.
droid
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by droid »

lol how did you dig this thread out
1)Too much of one thing defeats the purpose.
2)Everybody is full of it. What's your hypocrisy?
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

There is Laiya Beach in San Juan which still belongs to Batangas, from Batangas City to east maybe 40 km or so. I have not been there since years, as I am using now always the direct flight Tokyo-Cebu without staying in Manila.

Batangas is about 120 km south of Manila, something like that. Nothing really positive or negative known to me. I don't remember really so well, but Batangas is not so small, there is a SM-shopping mall and other smaller shopping malls there and various colleges and universities, also hospitals and hotels.

For sure Batangas is a better place than the city of Lucena, just my opinion, but I have not been there in both places since many years.
Johnny1975
Experienced Poster

Post by Johnny1975 »

droid wrote:lol how did you dig this thread out
I was looking for information on Batangas, much like our friend lavezzi. I hope he's doing well, wherever he is. Who knows, maybe he made it to Batangas.
Johnny1975
Experienced Poster

Post by Johnny1975 »

Yohan wrote:There is Laiya Beach in San Juan which still belongs to Batangas, from Batangas City to east maybe 40 km or so. I have not been there since years, as I am using now always the direct flight Tokyo-Cebu without staying in Manila.

Batangas is about 120 km south of Manila, something like that. Nothing really positive or negative known to me. I don't remember really so well, but Batangas is not so small, there is a SM-shopping mall and other smaller shopping malls there and various colleges and universities, also hospitals and hotels.

For sure Batangas is a better place than the city of Lucena, just my opinion, but I have not been there in both places since many years.
What was the night life like when you were there? There seems to be some kind of industrial area right next to the coast, where a beach should rightfully be.
Zambales
Experienced Poster

Post by Zambales »

Been to Batangas Port on my way to Puerto Galera which is just across the Verde Passage, but not into the city itself.