-----

Discuss dating, relationships and foreign women.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

-----

Post by Ghost »

-----
Last edited by Ghost on October 23rd, 2016, 4:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

drealm
Junior Poster

Re: My Attractiveness Scale

Post by drealm »

Dating strikes me as a type of betting. You can only bet the hand you have at any given time. You never know what's going to come tomorrow. Today you can be flushed with averages and feel this is as good as it gets.But tomorrow someone pretty or hot may come along. You can either bet your hand early and guarantee winning something or you can hold out and possibly end up with nothing. My personality leans towards the latter but I think it would be happier if it didn't.
droid
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by droid »

@Ghost
You are basically combining the looks and personality weight into a single grading. Not that useful and it confuses things.
People say it's immature to grade looks from 1 to 10 but it's the only way to convey the perception IMO.
The personality concepts can be graded as well but they're usually described with more or less discreet categories (i.e, virgin or not, bitchy vs easy going)
I'll look up some photos of women online that fall into each of my categories and post them later
That contradicts the concept, except of course for obvious things like tattoos, butch-lesbian look etc.
1)Too much of one thing defeats the purpose.
2)Everybody is full of it. What's your hypocrisy?
droid
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by droid »

Ghost wrote:(Ex: There are no true 10s!)
I don't know, I did bang some 10's in Colombia, p4p of course.
I define "10" as, there is nothing you would change in her, looks-wise.

Having said that, there is also what I term "perfect 8s" lol. Girls you are still very happy with, it's hard to explain, like being 100% happy with a 350 Mercedes, even though it's not a Formula1.
Also behavior-wise too, easier to drive, forgives mistakes, even if not as exhilarating lol.
Last edited by droid on December 31st, 2015, 11:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
1)Too much of one thing defeats the purpose.
2)Everybody is full of it. What's your hypocrisy?
drealm
Junior Poster

Post by drealm »

droid wrote:@Ghost
You are basically combining the looks and personality weight into a single grading. Not that useful and it confuses things.
I think there's a challenge with implementing this approach online. On a dating site do most people really look at every profile? Or do they just skim thumbnails and drill down on selected ones that look good? So I agree combining looks and personality into one grading is not something that you can practically do.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on January 10th, 2020, 5:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on January 10th, 2020, 5:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
drealm
Junior Poster

Post by drealm »

Here's an excellent video showing how people have the exact same preferences for facial beauty: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JO9tOuSrnrk
drealm
Junior Poster

Post by drealm »

Ghost wrote:
drealm wrote:
droid wrote:@Ghost
I think there's a challenge with implementing this approach online. On a dating site do most people really look at every profile? Or do they just skim thumbnails and drill down on selected ones that look good? So I agree combining looks and personality into one grading is not something that you can practically do.
I'll say that it can be done online (with a reasonable margin of error) but it is definitely most ideal for real life, not online dating. Obviously, doing it online requires a ton of discernment, some intuition and a fair amount of time invested.
So how do you approach online dating? Do you just look at profiles of women highest on your scale? Or do you avoid ugly but look at everyone's profile that is average-pretty-hot?
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on January 10th, 2020, 5:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

I don't agree with the idea that 'hot' women are necessarily useless. We have to keep in mind that individual perceptions may vary. I'm sure, based on some posts, that some men put women into the 'hot' category, when there is something about the woman's face I find unappealing.

For me for attractiveness, when I was looking, the face was extremely important. But I didn't like certain body types. I liked the leaner look and didn't care for stoutness. But when it came to breasts, I was okay with apples instead of cantaloupes or watermelons (are those the scientific terms?) if the face and body type was what I was looking for. Usually watermelons go along with a stouter body type that I don't care for. For me, I'd say my when I married my wife her face was in the 9 range and she was perfect for me as far as being perfectly slender with no bulges. I was fine with apples or oranges instead of melons. She's got a scar on one of her shins, and imperfect toes including a pinkie toenail. Does that qualify as 'hot'? She didn't have a stuck up attitude.

My wife has been out going and sociable when I knew her. But in high school she was supershy, so shy she even hid when guests came to visit her. Part of that was the way she was raised. She said she was also embarrassed for the kids from her school to see her running the kiosk when she was in middle school. She wasn't raised being taught that she was so hot and more special than everyone else because she was pretty. She'd developed some confidence before I met her. But she wasn't the stuck up type. I'd consider her face to be in the 'hot' category.

I've also known some very good-looking girls, even in the US, with a sweet, kind demeanor, not the sassy stuck up hot chick attitude. Also, in Asia, some of the poor girls have low self esteem issues from coming from a poor family, even if they are very attractive. You may find that in the Philippines. Americans are a bit more egalitarian in some ways and more individualistic, so people don't look down on you so much because of your family background. But if a girl is good-looking but people look down on her because of her family background, or if her family puts her down growing up (which could cause other issues), she probably won't be the sassy hot snob type.
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

Ghost,

Your average and pretty seem to be on about the same level for me. The 'pretty' one kind of has a wide face, though, which isn't something that I find particularly appealing. I might find your average better looking that your pretty, but less made up. But this stuff is objective. I see her and can tell that a lot of guys would go for that kind of look, the one for your 'pretty' girl. Kind of like Jennifer Lopez.

Interesting the the Filippina-looking ones are average and pretty on your list, but whites get the extremes of ugly and hot in your ranking.

Return to “Dating, Relationships, Foreign Women”