Steve Buscemi - rich, high status - ugly man

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: steve buscemi - rich, high status - ugly man

Post by Rock »

drealm wrote:Ok you found some exceptions. I'm not absolutely correct. But your examples aren't perfect either.

Most of these are famous or semi-famous people dating other famous or semi-famous people. I don't see too many cases of a super famous person dating an insanely attractive nobody. The exception seems to be Josh Brolin and Kathryn Boyd. Kathryn was just an assistant. This leads me to believe that hollywood scum class has it's own reasons for interbreeding. Though I don't know what they are.

Some of these cases have unique stories. For the example the case of Salma Hayek was that of a formal prostitute in the cannes film festival.
Overwhelming majority of people (women and men) are not super hot. Being super hot is rare and being hot is already quite exceptional. So a couples containing 1 (mismatched) or both hot or super hot physical specimens are gonna be exceptions already.

In real life watching everyday people, I focus more on large physical gaps, say a 3-4 with a 7-8 even tho former may not even have compensating factors OR say 30+ year age gaps of people who are cluster around average looking 5.5 on 10 scale using their 21 year versions as base, again sometime w no apparent compensating factors OR super short and/or obese person w normal looking partner OR a combo of the above.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on January 10th, 2020, 5:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
drealm
Junior Poster

Post by drealm »

Ghost wrote:
drealm wrote:
Adama wrote:Drealm. Some men believe looks do not matter. Not every man is looking for a super model. Lots of men are just looking for a woman who will love them.
Love is just an opportunistic trade to ruthlessly exploit the most out of the highest value genetic suitor.
If you live in that reality, then why not just become MGTOW? Materialism sees very few victors, and even those who win find it short-lived. It strikes me that until you gain real life experience with all this and see that it doesn't correspond to your imagination, you won't be able to temper yourself. You've got conceptions of things, but limited experience. That means imagination takes over and makes you miserable. I don't even necessarily think your cynicism is unwarranted, but that your 'standards' and notions are based in your mind rather than experience, and as a result you leave yourself with few choices aside from misery.
Because I think I can win. If I can't win then I don't how I'll react. My personality is to get exactly what I want or get nothing at all.

I don't think my experience is imaginary. I have had 100% rejection rate towards my target audience. My data is numerical and based on astronomically large sampling sizes. I don't just write things on this board to make myself feel like crap for the hell of it. My thoughts are grounded in objective data that anyone can review and come to the same conclusions from. I wish my data did not say what it says. I think I deserve credit for acknowledging results I don't like instead of rationalizing them away.

Here's an example of tool that can give objective data: https://www.photofeeler.com/

Women don't acknowledge this reality because they are stupid female insects that lack the intelligence to articulate what they're doing. They see their predatory hunting habit of white western men as love. This is because they like the effect of what they get but are unable to distinguish the source of what makes them happy. This is the same as a dog that's happy to see it's master but in reality just wants to be fed.
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

drealm wrote:Women don't acknowledge this reality because they are stupid female insects that lack the intelligence to articulate what they're doing. They see their predatory hunting habit of white western men as love.

This is because they like the effect of what they get but are unable to distinguish the source of what makes them happy. This is the same as a dog that's happy to see it's master but in reality just wants to be fed.
That's a good analogy. The dog acts like it's happy to see it's master but in reality, it just wants to get fed. :roll:
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on January 10th, 2020, 5:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
drealm
Junior Poster

Post by drealm »

Ghost wrote:What will constitute winning? If you think getting a 10 to accept marrying you is going to constitute victory

I don't assign a number to a women till after I notice them, attraction is instinct at first. All the women I like just happen to fall within a certain range. I think 8-10 or top 20% is more representative. Given this 20% needs to be within certain parameters to begin with.
Ghost wrote:So if you could get a 9 but not a 10 to marry you, you'd consider that defeat?
That's how I think, yes. But I may be more open to an 8, 9 or 10. So a 7 or below is defeat.
Ghost wrote:Who? That ONE woman in Mexico you approached?
That one + others.
Ghost wrote:We're dealing with a lot of subjective matters here, so it's not nearly as concrete as you think. You rationalize a lot yourself - just on the opposite side of things.
What do you think about that photo feeler site?
HouseMD
Veteran Poster

Post by HouseMD »

drealm wrote:Ok you found some exceptions. I'm not absolutely correct. But your examples aren't perfect either.

Most of these are famous or semi-famous people dating other famous or semi-famous people. I don't see too many cases of a super famous person dating an insanely attractive nobody. The exception seems to be Josh Brolin and Kathryn Boyd. Kathryn was just an assistant. This leads me to believe that hollywood scum class has it's own reasons for interbreeding. Though I don't know what they are.

Some of these cases have unique stories. For the example the case of Salma Hayek was that of a formal prostitute in the cannes film festival.
Hugh Jackman is a very attractive, successful, tall man who dates a below average looking woman. Sometimes people- and I know this is going to sound shocking- actually fall in love and care less about looks than the other person.
NorthAmericanguy
Veteran Poster

Re: Steve Buscemi - rich, high status with ugly wife?

Post by NorthAmericanguy »

drealm wrote:His networth is reported at 35 million, he's a movie star and this is the best he could do:

Still think looks don't count? Still think money/status conquers everything?
Well, for her age she looks good. But if you Google pictures of her in 1987 she was very attractive.

That said, he is probably still with her because it's cheaper to keep her then dump her for a hotter younger woman. Looks like he married her in 1987 so if he went through a divorce he would be paying her a lot of money.
NorthAmericanguy
Veteran Poster

Post by NorthAmericanguy »

And let's not forget that many married men have sex with other women on the side. Some men bang hot spinners on the side, all while they keep an unattractive boring woman at home for conpaniship.
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

drealm wrote:His networth is reported at 35 million, he's a movie star and this is the best he could do:

Still think looks don't count? Still think money/status conquers everything?
'

I can't really tell if a man is good-looking, but I can kind of tell that this guy isn't. My guess is for looks, he's got a much better looking partner than himself.
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

I don't get why the Hollywood men date Hollywood women. Why? Maybe if they dated really pretty girls, especially from the LA area, who were young and hot, these girls would want to be actresses anyway. Pretty girls from around the country move there, wait tables and try to make it big. So given where they live, they may have difficulty finding hot girls who don't want to act.
HouseMD
Veteran Poster

Post by HouseMD »

MrMan wrote:I don't get why the Hollywood men date Hollywood women. Why? Maybe if they dated really pretty girls, especially from the LA area, who were young and hot, these girls would want to be actresses anyway. Pretty girls from around the country move there, wait tables and try to make it big. So given where they live, they may have difficulty finding hot girls who don't want to act.
Because dating someone near your own income level that understands your lifestyle and the frustrations of celebrity status minimizes the chances that your career will drive them away or that they're digging for gold and will run away with a huge chunk of your cash.
drealm
Junior Poster

Post by drealm »

Who changed my thread title?

It was:

"Steve Buscemi - rich, high status - ugly man"

Now it is:

"Steve Buscemi - rich, high status with ugly wife?"
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on January 10th, 2020, 5:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
drealm
Junior Poster

Post by drealm »

Ghost wrote:All right...but what constitutes a victory for you? Marrying an 8-10?
Yes.
Ghost wrote:Might want to work on some of your thought patterns then. Like I said before, the imagination has a way of making things so much better than the reality is. I'm guessing you'll say something like that's just how you are and can't change it, but that isn't true.
Do you think gay people can change?
Ghost wrote:Which is how many? Given what you want, you'd likely need to go through dozens if not hundreds of rejections before you can say it means defeat.
I exceeded both those figures (dozens and hundreds).
Ghost wrote:Not up my alley. Probably wouldn't ever use it. I'm not big on giving credence to what the masses think about anything.
By not giving credence to what the masses think, does this mean you don't agree with the masses or that you agree with them but don't care?

For example if 100 women are polled individually to rate your attractiveness and they all rate you as ugly, how do you respond to this?