7 Reasons Why Retiring in Philippines is Your Best Choice

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
Winston
Site Admin

7 Reasons Why Retiring in Philippines is Your Best Choice

Post by Winston »

7 Reasons Why Retiring in the Philippines is Your Best Choice

http://abutinangpangarap.ning.com/profi ... ing-in-the

That guy is renting a townhouse for only $150 a month! See his home and expense sheet above!

Also notice that he put the "getting girls" reason into a category called "people" in order to be more politically correct. hahaha
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama »

What about the hot, humid year round weather???
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

J.Adama wrote:What about the hot, humid year round weather???
Obviously that's a big con for me. But the guy in the link above doesn't seem to mind it. He described PH as having "great weather". See his link above.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
robincolorado
Freshman Poster

weather in PI

Post by robincolorado »

I've heard and have pretty good info that Baguio City has a more moderate climate. Of course not everyone can live in Baguio City for one reason or another. However, the weather there in the Phils has been cause for concern for me considering being retired/expat in the Phils. My gf there in Laog City keeps me posted as to the weather conditions and I have to say it lacks attraction for a year round resident coming from Colorado. If I was coming from someplace like Florida, perhaps I would not mind it so much.
Winston
Site Admin

Re: weather in PI

Post by Winston »

robincolorado wrote:I've heard and have pretty good info that Baguio City has a more moderate climate. Of course not everyone can live in Baguio City for one reason or another. However, the weather there in the Phils has been cause for concern for me considering being retired/expat in the Phils. My gf there in Laog City keeps me posted as to the weather conditions and I have to say it lacks attraction for a year round resident coming from Colorado. If I was coming from someplace like Florida, perhaps I would not mind it so much.
You mean you don't thrive in year long heat and humidity either? Good to know I'm not the only one.

starkeep
Freshman Poster

retirement in pi

Post by starkeep »

8) I think retirement in the pi is fine in a good area but some parts there are a lot of crime and you have to watch that you dont get mugged if alone
early in the morning. So that is my and others worrys is the crime. I was divorced after 25 yrs of marrage but a big age gap between 60 and 20 so i hope it lasts a while but not all do. But i guess there is always plenty there. One thing for sure life there and the disire for foreigners is still there. Over here in the us most older males are almost outcasts and are put on a lepar island so there is definately better.
fed up
The_Adventurer
Experienced Poster

Post by The_Adventurer »

I didn't mind the weather. Nowhere near as hot as Vegas. Still I don't know that I could retire there though. I like a nice, technologically advanced, futuristic city, like Seoul, Shanghai or Tokyo. The reason Seoul might hit the top is that while Shanghai and Tokyo are as expensive, if not more so, than LA, Seoul and outlying areas are a lot close to Philippines prices, but you get the future city, outrageous amounts of food choices, fastest internet in the world and so on...
“Booty is so strong that there are dudes willing to blow themselves up for the highly unlikely possibility of booty in another dimension." -- Joe Rogan
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: 7 Reasons Why Retiring in Philippines is Your Best Choic

Post by momopi »

Winston wrote:7 Reasons Why Retiring in the Philippines is Your Best Choice
http://abutinangpangarap.ning.com/profi ... ing-in-the
That guy is renting a townhouse for only $150 a month! See his home and expense sheet above!
Also notice that he put the "getting girls" reason into a category called "people" in order to be more politically correct. hahaha
@_@! He did a Cebu Restaurant review page:
http://abutinangpangarap.ning.com/profi ... s-wheres-a
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

In regards to Philippines weather, check out this article about how dangerous heat and humidity combined can be. When there's humidity, heat can't evaporate and any heat your body loses is immediately offset by gains in heat. That's what I hate the most.

http://www.islandnet.com/~see/weather/life/heat.htm

Here is another one:

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m ... _87854525/

This part is very revealing and might explain why I always felt drowsy in the Philippines:
Researchers aren't sure why humidity appears to increase aches. However, they do know why hot, humid days can cause fatigue. Normally, your body perspires to cool you down when temperatures are high, according to Malek. But if the humidity is also high, you're trapped in a moist environment where your sweat can't evaporate and escape from your skin. This causes you to expend extra energy, which can leave you feeling sluggish or fatigued.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

The Perks of Retirement in Thailand and the Philippines
These countries are offering special programs of benefits to attract foreign retirees.

http://money.usnews.com/money/blogs/on- ... hilippines

MrMark1972
Freshman Poster

Post by MrMark1972 »

It seems that the original link at the top is no longer active....too bad,would have liked to read it.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on April 17th, 2020, 7:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mentor
Freshman Poster

Post by mentor »

Anybody here that already retired in Philippines?
A cost of living analysis would be very useful.
mentor
Freshman Poster

Post by mentor »

Any real world cost of living analysis?
Basic expenses?
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: retirement in pi

Post by Yohan »

starkeep wrote:... I think retirement in the pi is fine in a good area but some parts there are a lot of crime and you have to watch that you dont get mugged if alone early in the morning. So that is my and others worrys is the crime....
This is very true. It is a big difference between a young backpacker walking around from island to island or an older Western man who is living for a longer time in Philippines renting a house. Such a foreign man is clearly at the risk to become a target of robbery, burglary, even kidnapping.

I can only advice foreign men considering retirement in Philippines to do what rich Filipinos are doing all the time.

Rent or buy property in a guarded community or condominium building, avoid to be out in the streets past 10 PM to 6 AM, never carry any valuables with you like expensive watches, keep in your wallet only the minimum of cash, otherwise use ATM cards etc.
It's about common sense, some Western cities are also dangerous. It's not only about Philippines.