Russian Trip

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to Russia, Ukraine, or the former Soviet Republics.
Enishi
Freshman Poster

Russian Trip

Post by Enishi »

Well, I finally bit the bullet, swallowed my fears and did it. I'm vacationing in Russia right now, visiting a lady friend. :)

I have to say, even with my having read about all this stuff for 3 1/2 years, its still surreal to be outside the anglo-sphere and face to face with the differences. Besides having a nice thin woman sleep next to me at night and cook me nice meals all day long, I can't get over all the hot women I see in the streets. Even out in Tula, which looks kinda crappy at first glance, there are hotties wearing dresses all over the place. Many of the 40+ women are overweight, but still less than one would see in America.

Several days ago we also went out into the country and visited a lake where people were swimming and sunning themselves in bathing suits. Talk about skimpy suits. O.O

I feel like I've never had so much eye candy around me before. It's not just the appearance of the women either, or their dresses, there's just something about them which is very different and alluring.

I will post more observations again soon.
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Russian Trip

Post by momopi »

Enishi wrote:Well, I finally bit the bullet, swallowed my fears and did it. I'm vacationing in Russia right now, visiting a lady friend. :)

I have to say, even with my having read about all this stuff for 3 1/2 years, its still surreal to be outside the anglo-sphere and face to face with the differences. Besides having a nice thin woman sleep next to me at night and cook me nice meals all day long, I can't get over all the hot women I see in the streets. Even out in Tula, which looks kinda crappy at first glance, there are hotties wearing dresses all over the place. Many of the 40+ women are overweight, but still less than one would see in America.

Several days ago we also went out into the country and visited a lake where people were swimming and sunning themselves in bathing suits. Talk about skimpy suits. O.O

I feel like I've never had so much eye candy around me before. It's not just the appearance of the women either, or their dresses, there's just something about them which is very different and alluring.

I will post more observations again soon.

Take photos! We'd love to see them!
Enishi
Freshman Poster

Post by Enishi »

I've taken quite a few photos, unfortunately no photos of the skimpy swimsuit girls though. I feel a bit weird about just taking random photos of women, especially when I have my, er, lady friend beside me at all times. I will try to get in some decent photos on our way back to moscow though. There's tons of hot women wandering around there so they might not care if the end up in the photos. :)
Think Different
Junior Poster

Post by Think Different »

Way to go!! Enjoy it all you can! The Russian women relish their femininity (read: NOT feminism). The pain will come, when you return to the US and see all the p***y-whipped men acting all "metrosexual", and the feminist women, who dress like grungy dudes, have short clipped hair, and push people around all day. The first 6 months I was back in the US from Russia, I was horrified and wanted to go back to Russia. I guess I lowered my standards again, and just got used to it. But, having married an Italian lady blocks me from having to deal with most of the crap around me here.
Jackal
Experienced Poster

Post by Jackal »

Good for you, Enishi! I'm glad you had the balls to take the plunge!

How long will you be there for?

I know what you mean about things feeling surreal. I often still feel that way about living in Europe. I'm thankful every day that I'm not in the US.

Do you speak any Russian?
Think Different
Junior Poster

Post by Think Different »

Jackal, can I ask what country you're in, in Europe? My wife and I are 3 months away from putting our house on the market and relocating to Italy.
Enishi
Freshman Poster

Post by Enishi »

I've been here for about two weeks. Unfortunately I have to leave tomorrow. :(

The thought makes me very sad. Not only will I have to leave my lady friend, but also return to the nails on chalkboard social atmosphere of the US and my 70% rude female employees hospital job.

I know a little Russian, but its confined mostly to basic phrases, although I have gotten much better at reading the alphabet.

I do notice that I feel different here. Some of the Asperger Syndrome traits that I have don't bother me quite as much. Before I came I was quite addicted to the game Elder Scrolls 4: Oblivion, but while here the desire to play it is entirely gone. No withdrawal symptoms. I do still crave the internet though, lol.
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

I spent ten years in Tula. A grimy industrial capital - light weapons manufacturer. But the people there are great and very friendly. So, what are your plans now?
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!
Enishi
Freshman Poster

Post by Enishi »

For the next year I need to scramble to finish my bachelors and get a TEFL certificate. Moving to Moscow or Tula with the lady friend is a possibility, but I'm not sure about Moscow. In some spots they appeared to be adopting the car-centric sprawl of the US which tons of real estate development (only with more apartments in this case). Avoiding areas prone to the rat race lifestyle is a big reason for me wanting to get out of the US. Based on what I'm reading thus far getting a Russian work visa can be quite difficult as well. I'm still considering the option of other FSU countries, China or Mexico.
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

Enishi wrote:For the next year I need to scramble to finish my bachelors and get a TEFL certificate. Moving to Moscow or Tula with the lady friend is a possibility, but I'm not sure about Moscow. In some spots they appeared to be adopting the car-centric sprawl of the US which tons of real estate development (only with more apartments in this case). Avoiding areas prone to the rat race lifestyle is a big reason for me wanting to get out of the US. Based on what I'm reading thus far getting a Russian work visa can be quite difficult as well. I'm still considering the option of other FSU countries, China or Mexico.
Have you Russian gal help you. She may have contacts.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Enishi wrote:I've taken quite a few photos, unfortunately no photos of the skimpy swimsuit girls though. I feel a bit weird about just taking random photos of women, especially when I have my, er, lady friend beside me at all times. I will try to get in some decent photos on our way back to moscow though. There's tons of hot women wandering around there so they might not care if the end up in the photos. :)
Wow congrats. So where did you meet your lady friend?

If you want to take photos of other girls while you're with your lady friend, just point the camera at scenery behind the girls you want to photo, so it'll look like you're taking a general scenic photo. And of course, you can always zoom in on them with the camera from a distance :)

Or just snap lots of pics of cultural sites.

You can upload them to a free album like picasaweb.com

Russian girls are very open and enjoy having their photos taken.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Enishi wrote:For the next year I need to scramble to finish my bachelors and get a TEFL certificate. Moving to Moscow or Tula with the lady friend is a possibility, but I'm not sure about Moscow. In some spots they appeared to be adopting the car-centric sprawl of the US which tons of real estate development (only with more apartments in this case). Avoiding areas prone to the rat race lifestyle is a big reason for me wanting to get out of the US. Based on what I'm reading thus far getting a Russian work visa can be quite difficult as well. I'm still considering the option of other FSU countries, China or Mexico.
Most people who work in Russia don't have Russian work visas. They get paid directly and the company either pays a bribe, or is foreign based and doesn't have to worry about it. Many laws are only on paper only, not in practice. So don't let that stop you. Just negotiate with the company and let them worry about it. They all have their own "ways" to going about it.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Enishi
Freshman Poster

Post by Enishi »

Thanks for the advice guys. :)

I actually meet my lady friend over a paranormal/spirituality forum we had both been using for years. Six months ago we started chatting on skype.
Jackal
Experienced Poster

Post by Jackal »

RedDog wrote:Jackal, can I ask what country you're in, in Europe? My wife and I are 3 months away from putting our house on the market and relocating to Italy.
Hungary

He's a funny similarity:

Flag of Hungary Image

Flag of Italy Image
Last edited by Jackal on July 7th, 2010, 4:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

How do you find the Russians as people in general behavior-wise ? How would you compare their behavior to that portrayed in US media stereotypes?