are Mexican college students becoming studyaholic?

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
MattHanson1990
Junior Poster

are Mexican college students becoming studyaholic?

Post by MattHanson1990 »

Are Mexican college students becoming just as studyaholic as their counterparts north of the border as well as in the workaholic nations in developed Asia? I'm surprised that students at the Universidad de Guanajuato can get tons of homework and even pull all-nighters, just like students do in the US :shock: . And part of why the social scene in America is isolating is because people are always swamped with their work, or their studies and have almost no time for social interaction. During my final two and a half years of college as an undergrad, I noticed the social scene in college becoming more and more isolating. Homework loads seemed to increase, not only in the upper division level classes. But I also noticed homework loads to increase in the same lower division classes I took my freshman and sophomore years with each passing year.

When I set foot on the Universidad de Guadalajara campus last October, the students were much more down to earth and more welcoming than on any college campus in the US of Gay. And the exact same thing happened when I chatted up college students at the Universidad de Guanajuato. And I even found out that even though they may receive just as much homework as their counterparts north of the border. But is it likely that Mexico's college life will become exactly like it is in America (homework loads being so large to the point where the students won't be able to make time for socializing)? If it does, then I'm writing off Mexico and heading further south to Colombia.

I am looking for a girl to date who's enrolled in university because those types I can hold intelligent conversations with. I would hate to end up dating another uneducated chick, especially if she's a single mom.
drealm
Junior Poster

Re: are Mexican college students becoming studyaholic?

Post by drealm »

I have a hard time believing that can happen.