The grass is always greener on the other side...

Post your trip reports, travel experiences, and updates abroad. Or your expat story if you already live overseas. Note: To post photos and images, insert the image URL between the tags Image after uploading them to a third party site.
newbgold
Freshman Poster

The grass is always greener on the other side...

Post by newbgold »

I would like to go against the grain of the forum and say that American women are probably some of the best in the world. Both in terms of looks and personality. I have limited experience as a traveler, I have not been exposed to multiple countries and cultures, but I will write all that I observed so far. I lived the majority of my life in Minneapolis, and I safely state that Minnesotan women are the best anywhere. I have traveled to Prague, lived there for several months, had been exposed to Czech, Slovak, Ukrainian, and Russian cultures. I have seen couples of all nationalities walk down the street. Men date down everywhere, both in Eastern Europe and in USA. But in Prague, men date farther down than in Minneapolis.

The problem that thin women with a pretty face are scarce. Women that are not overweight and that have a normal face comprise not more than 10% of women in 18-35 age group. It's the same in every country. Other 90% of women in 18-35 age group are overweight, obese, or at best thin with an ugly face. On the other hand, fewer men have extra fat and more men decent faces. As a result, men are forced to date down in every country. The thin women with a pretty face always have extreme requirements. A man must be 185-195 cm tall, have the chiseled jaw and small blue eyes, wear an expensive blazer, have tattoos, have bulging muscles, be chiseled and washboarded, hold a top corporate position, drive the latest model of the car, have an expensive villa, etc, etc,... in short, to have the image of the latest Hollywood hunk. But almost all men want a pretty girl, one who is not overweight, and most men are frustrated that they either have to date down or not date at all.
As a result of that, men like Roosh V and others invented a fantasy for all the frustrated men. They wrote on their blogs that men dating down is a phenomenon unique to the Anglosphere. They wrote how they traveled to places like Eastern Europe where it's the other way around. Many manosphere blogs are dedicated to travel abroad, where they say local men date up and so can you. Places that are so-called "p***y paradises", where most local men are slobs, nerdy, scrawny, short, and their women are mostly thin, with a pretty face, and well-dressed to boot. Unfortunately, such places simply don't exist. Indeed, such a fantasy gives all the frustrated men hope, but it is largely a false hope. The problem is that men date down everywhere.

Before Roosh V Forum became closed, they had a thread called "Do guys date up in Czech Republic/Slovakia?" And most people answered that , yes, Czech guys date girls that are better looking than themselves. But I think that those posters never went to Czech Republic and ever saw their dating scene with their own eyes. If they had traveled there, then they would have immediately realized that their dating scene is very similar that in US. I will give you only my own observations, only what I saw. I grew up in Minneapolis, and I am now in Prague, so I can compare. As a disclaimer, I would like to say though that Minnesota doesn't represent all of America. After all, Minnesota is one of the best states in US. Minnesota has among the best of education, food, health care, and has one of the lowest obesity rates in the country. Minnesota women are among the most beautiful on average in US, due to lowest obesity rate. So, I can only compare Eastern European women only to Minnesotan women, not American women in general.
If you come to Prague, you will see lots of pretty women in the center of the city, in areas with heavy tourism. In places like Narodni Trida, Staromestska Radnice, Wenceslas Square. But those women are extremely bitchy, stuck-up, and full of themselves. They won't even speak to you or look at you unless you are a multimillionaire that looks like Hollywood male models. And women in the center of Prague are not representative of Eastern European women. Outside the center of the city, most Czech women are landwhales. If you go to any Tesco or Kaufland away from the center (their equivalent of Cub Food or Target), most women in 18-35 age group you will see are dumpy, chubby, and poorly dressed. The average Czech woman is fat. There is definitely an issue with female obesity in Czech Republic. However, I think that female obesity is an issue everywhere else too.
In Prague, I estimate that for women aged 18-35, 33% are obese, 33% are overweight, and only the remaining third is nonfat. But many Czech women have masculine faces or long noses. Women that are 18-35, thin, and have pretty face are not more than 5% of women in their age group. In Brno, it's even worse: 40% are obese, 40% are overweight, and only 20% nonfat. Also, it seems like most Czech women have very bad hair. Their hair seems loose, stringy, and rare. Quite a few women have noticeable female pattern baldness by the time they are 30. Here are examples of what average Czech women look like: http://g.denik.cz/63/22/praha-cestujici ... ik-605.jpg, http://www.zenskyweb.eu/wp-content/uplo ... 05_Pro.jpg, http://img.radio.cz/pictures/filmy/zeny ... magda1.jpg, http://img.radio.cz/pictures/zdravi/obezni1.jpg. So much for all the internet babble about Czech women are so beautiful... A few in the center - yes, but not most. On the other hand, there is so much on the internet talk about how their men look like ugly ghosts. This is so not true. Czech men are among the tallest in the world, most are thin and in good shape, and have a healthy symmetrical face. In fact, an average Czech man looks like Ryan Gosling. http://www.malfini.info/img/products/man4.jpg This is how most Czech men look. Ride the tram away from the center of Prague, go to any Tesco, and watch the couples. Almost all couples have a decent looking well dressed man with a dumpy, pasty woman with extra weight and no sense of clothing style. Something like this: http://www.balkaneu.com/wp-content/uplo ... 65x477.jpg. http://www.balkaneu.com/murder-czech-to ... n-albania/ Most couples look very much like that poor couple that was killed.
There is an idiotic commercial that is complete bullshit: http://weknowmemes.com/wp-content/uploa ... lcohol.jpg, http://adsoftheworld.com/sites/default/ ... girls2.jpg. "An average woman in Czech Republic"? Are you kidding me? My guess is that only 2% of Czech women look like this!! And those women have standard that most men would never fulfill. The very few Czech women that look like these ones in these ads are so haughty and vapid. They are glued to their smartphones, are very rude, empowered, and treat men they are not attracted to like these men are subhuman. They have permanent cunt faces and very strong bitch shields. They are harsher than American women when they reject you. I had been told by some of these women that I am too ugly for them and that they are looking only for a male model look-alike. Some of those women were also Slovak and Ukrainian living in Prague. American women at least try to pretend that they are nice when they reject you. So much for European women being down to earth and approachable.

As I just mentioned, the majority of Czech women 18-35 are landwhales. There are many articles on this, such as http://www.expats.cz/prague/article/wee ... in-europe/, http://www.expats.cz/prague/article/wee ... in-prague/, https://answers.yahoo.com/question/inde ... 328AAA6rCT. All of these articles support my own observations. And it's not surprising that so many women are fat. Czech diet includes fattening food, like beef Goulash, pork knee, all kinds of beer and sauces. Also, there is a McDonalds, a KFC, or a Starbucks on almost every corner of Prague and Brno. Fruits and vegetables in Czech Republic are of incomparably lower quality than what I used to buy in Cub Foods in Minnesota. This is really causing their women to get fat. Many men frustrated with the dating scene in US are under a false impression that Eastern European women are so beautiful. They form that opinion by looking at celebrities, and they think that all Czech women look like Veronica Zemanova and that all Russian women look like Anna Kournikova. It's like thinking that all American women look like Angelina Jolie and Scarlett Johanson.

There is obesity epidemic in Russia too and here is website that confirms this: http://deita.ru/news/society/05.08.2015 ... -za-soboy/. The website has an article that today's men in Russia take care of their looks better than the women in Russia. That women have let themselves go, while men are becoming increasingly concerned with the way they look. Also, there are many Russian language manosphere blogs that write about Russian women the same things that Roosh V writes about American women. For example, this a prominent website in the Russian manosphere: http://www.masculist.ru/, and their forum: http://www.masculist.ru/forum. Anyone who can read Russian will immediately realize that it's very similar to our own happier abroad forum. The posters on this site write that Russian women are mostly bitchy and rude, that they disrespect and disregard men, that they only date either oligarchs, hunks, or bad boys.They say that Russian women are interested only in most attractive men, while most men are completely cut off from any sex. They say that many Russian women are single mothers (Razvedenki S Pricepom), many are attention whores with smartphones and instagram, spoiled by feminism. I think that Roosh V is completely wrong when they say that Russia is a patriarchy where men are loved and respected by their women. Men on masculist.ru also say that obesity hit epic proportions in Russia. They write that many women 18-35 are overweight (s lishnim vesom) and that any thin woman has a sky-high ego, and she is hit on my hoarded of men, just by virtue of the fact that she is thin. The men on this site also advocate a happier abroad solution, and they also talk of advantages of foreign women to Russian women. They say that heterosexual young men will have a better time with women in African countries, Thailand, Philippines, Vietnam, Cuba, and .... United States.

So much for Eastern Europe being a "p***y paradise"!!

Minnesota is indeed one of the best places for heterosexual young men. Of course, there are differences between different places in Minnesota. Small towns and outer suburbs have many obese women. If there is a Walmart or a Burger King nearby, the women are generally fat. But inner suburbs and cities Saint Paul and Minneapolis have the highest ratio of pretty women and lowest ratio of obese women. Although men generally date down in Minnesota as well, they do so only slightly. At one time, around 2000-2007, Twin Cities were close to being "p***y paradise". If you walked down Grand Avenue in Saint Paul those days, you were guaranteed to see at least several couples where the guy was a slob or a nerd, and the girl was sexy or pretty. Now those days are gone. But still, the average girl in Twin Cities is so much prettier than in Prague. Here are average girls in Minnesota: http://www.ticketfly.com/event/654245-n ... nneapolis/, http://cdn2.sportngin.com/attachments/p ... medium.jpg and here are average guys in Minnesota: http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2015/03/ ... 990939.jpg. Much better than Eastern Europe, right? And the food is better too. You can buy much better apples, oranges, cucumbers, tomatoes, much fresher meat in Cub Foods and even Target than in Tesco. Twin Cities has many organic food stores, such as Whole Foods and Mississippi Market. And those stores are making their way into the suburbs too.

So, the grass always seems greener on the other side. Men re dating down everywhere. This is a global problem and the only way an individual man can get himself higher on the dating ladder is through plastic surgery. Unfortunately, the only site in the manoshpere that gives men good dating advice is lookism.net. It is the only realistic one. Unfortunately, we are living in an age when young women are getting fat, letting themselves go, forget to dress normally, while young men wear blazers, get tattoos, and spend hours in the gym. I completely understand that many men want to believe that there exists a mythical dream land where your looks won't matter and where you will be surrounded by thin women. There is a large deficit of such women and there is a huge surfeit of men worldwide. The problem only has a biological solution. If male plastic surgeries will become developed and inexpensive, and if women will be able to abort boys painlessly, then there will be a surplus of women and a total hunkization of men. Maybe that will solve the current problems that many men face today. But I think that it's wrong of Roosh V to capitalize on frustrations of men and to create false hope for these men that they will be better off dating in Eastern Europe. The situation is the same everywhere. Men date down everywhere.
Last edited by newbgold on January 27th, 2018, 10:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on January 8th, 2020, 8:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
chanta76
Experienced Poster

Re: The grass is always greener on the other side...

Post by chanta76 »

Got to disagree with you about Asia. I traveled around Asia and I notice most of the thin Asian girls are with Asian guys. At the same time I seen thin Asian girls with foreign guys and everything inbetween.

I say to each their own. If your happy in Minnesota so be it. Other guys are happier abroad. There is no one answer that is right for anyone. The advantage an American guy brings REGARDLESS of race to a third world country is social economics status. Supposedly the stereotype is that American guys are all rich. Being wealthy is the great equalize over looks.

Looks matters but so does wealth.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

The OP has got to be a troll. Who would make statements that are 1000 percent false and go against what everyone knows and sees? Most women abroad are thin or proportionate, not fat. Even if most czech women were fat, that doesnt apply to most countries, and especially is not true in asia. Most guys in asia date attractive or cute girls.

The OP's statements are as accurate as saying, "No one ever died in world war 2 and the vietnam war. Not one. No one was even injured."

Such a statement is so absurd that to even address it is an insult to ones intelligence. Its not worth dignifying with a response.

Also, everyone else i know from Minnesota said that women are fat there and people are antisocial and that its one of the most isolating places in america. Etc.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on January 8th, 2020, 8:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gsjackson
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by gsjackson »

I've spent four months in Prague, and cannot confirm what he says about Czech women. Decidedly more attractive on the whole than women from the upper Midwest, where I lived for five years. Not even close, to my eye.

Lots of good Scandinavian genes floating around Minnesota, and I might rank the women there atop the U.S. pile. But the obesity epidemic and the rotten cultural influences are fully in effect there, no less than the rest of the country.
newbgold
Freshman Poster

Post by newbgold »

The troll OP admitted only having been to Czech Republic. Clearly hasn't been to Asia. Ten minutes on the streets in a Chinese city and you see the guys are clearly dating more attractive girls.
You are right that I have never traveled to Asia. You are right that I should not make rash conclusions about Asia. But still there is no reason to call me a troll. I have always thought of forums as a place where one can speak his opinion without judgment and persecution. Unfortunately, most forums have strict party line, and anyone who doesn't adhere to this party line gets called a troll. Anyone whose views differ from general opinions expressed on a forum gets labeled as a troll just because he expressed a point of view different from others. I thought that this forum is more tolerant of people with different opinions, but was I wrong?

I don't mean to troll the forum. I just posted an observation based on personal experience. The observation is that women in Twin Cities are getting increasingly fatter and men there date down, but in Prague and Brno women are even fatter and men date even further down. I posted many links with both visual and factual evidence that confirm my observations. I also posted links that show that Russian men also date down and that Russian men are experiencing the same problems as us on happier abroad forum.
Don't go abroad, go to Minnesota!
This was not a punchline at all. I wrote that Minnesota women are getting more bitchy and more fat and men have less options than 10 years ago. I only wrote that Minnesota today in 2016 is a SLIGHTLY better option for men than Eastern Europe in 2016. I just spoke to some guys in the cafe in Prague, and they are saying that women in EE were better as late as 2012. In just a few years, they were ruined by smartphones, Instagram, tinder, new loud clubs, explosion of fast food, and obesity. For example, 50 Shaeds of Grey is very popular in Czech Republic, more so than in US. Those guys told me that Czech girls have always had bad hair, but at least they kept their weight in shape. But not anymore. And I can see this with my own eyes in every Tesco where I go. The obesity epidemic and rotten cultural influences are fully in effect in all EE as of 2016. gsjackson, when we're you in Prague? If it was before last year, it's possible that it wasn't as bad back then. The situation in all of EE got exponentially worse in just a year.
Last edited by newbgold on January 27th, 2018, 10:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gsjackson
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by gsjackson »

I was in Prague for three months in 2011, and one month in 2014. Dear God, I hope you're wrong, because in 2011 Czech women were an obviously superior alternative to stateside. I don't doubt the pernicious effects of Americanization, wherever it's inflicted, but it's hard to believe Prague could fall that far that fast.
***JP***
Freshman Poster

Post by ***JP*** »

And I can see this with my own eyes in every Tesco where I go. The obesity epidemic and rotten cultural influences are fully in effect in all EE as of 2016. gsjackson, when we're you in Prague? If it was before last year, it's possible that it wasn't as bad back then. The situation in all of EE got exponentially worse in just a year.
This is really funny. He's only been to the Czech Republic and immediately judges all of Eastern Europe. Here's a fact, I've been living in Lithuania for the past two and a half years and I can say that women here take good care of themselves and are very feminine. Another fact I can give you while living here in Lithuania for two and half years is that women here are still approachable and very feminine and women here take damn good care of their bodies. Truth is you shouldn't generalize other places where you haven't even been cause it makes you sound like the typical american ignorant who thinks that america is the center of the universe. Before throwing stereotypes how about you travel to more and get to know the cultures and people cause your generalization sure made you look ignorant and closed minded.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on January 8th, 2020, 6:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
chanta76
Experienced Poster

Post by chanta76 »

newgold,

You been spending too much time on the internet and reading forum. Asian girls mostly date white guys in Asia? Are you kidding me most Asian girls in Asia are with Asian men. There are some Asian girls that do date non-Asian guys but it's far from the majority. So I have no idea what your smoking.

Your right to your opinion but I would advise you that nothing is black and white as you make it out to be.
newbgold
Freshman Poster

Post by newbgold »

but it's hard to believe Prague could fall that far that fast
I was in Prague in October-November of last year and I returned there right after the New Year. It looked like the number of obese women doubled in just two months! Prague and Brno are in free fall. All non-obese women there are becoming bitchy and entitled as hell too.

When I was talking about men dating down in EE, I was talking not only about Czech republic. I also mentioned Russia too. There is a Russian-language manosphere website called http://www.masculist.ru. It basically says that Russia and Ukraine are getting overrun by third-wave feminism. They make the same complaints about their women that we do about American women: overweight, bitchy, have a laundry list of requirements for men, date hunks or bad boys, most men are lonely, etc, etc.
So I think that the problem of men dating down, men becoming hunkized, and women becoming whalized is a global trend.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on January 8th, 2020, 6:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
newbgold
Freshman Poster

Post by newbgold »

Yes, indeed, I do speak Russian fluently. I am not completely familiar with misandrist laws in EE, but I do know that there are many of them. Masculist.ru talks about draconian divorce laws in Russia and Ukraine. Two misandrist laws in Russia that come to my mind are mandatory service in the army for 3 years and compulsory draft for all men (with women completely exempt) and different retirement ages (55 for women, 60 for men). This is terribly unfair, because life expectancy for Russian men is less than 65, while life expectancy of Russian women is about 75. Men in Russia don't get to enjoy their golden years at all. Also, in nightclubs in the center of the city in Prague, bouncers check all the men that come into clubs, but they let all women come in without getting felt and checked.
I will start a new thread in the Russian section of the forum, where I will translate articles and forum posts from masculist.ru.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on January 8th, 2020, 6:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.