Steve Hoca's impression of Filipinas - pros and cons

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
Winston
Site Admin

Steve Hoca's impression of Filipinas - pros and cons

Post by Winston »

After chatting with a Filipina online, Steve Hoca made these observant pros and cons:

------------------------------------------------------------

Hello Winston:

I must say that I have enjoyed chatting online with this girl thus far, but I am getting a much better feel about what Philippine women are like.

These are the positives:

1.) They are very sweet and innocent. There is no stress their in voice tone. They are very soft-spoken, like to laugh a lot (even at dumb jokes), and seem to be non-confrontational and not overly opinionated. In a nutshell, dialog is simplistic and not based on discussions about politics, religion, social diseases (like feminism), etc. I think this is a good thing because it creates less conflict when a woman asks, "Who is your favorite American actor or actress?"

2.) They are very family-oriented, and much of that can be observed in the ways they talk about their family obligations. This girl, for example, talks about how she wants to help get her parents a new and bigger house. She talks kindly about how nice and shy her brother is. She also told me that a woman should cook for her husband, clean, and be romantic for him when he comes home. This is how American women in the 1950s behaved. Boy how things have changed here.

3.) I also see no comparisons with other men. Philippine women seem to make it clear that once they're with you, there are no other men that will come in the way. That's a far cry from heterosexual American and Western women, that make it quite clear that "whenever I get sick of you honey, I'm going to find another man." Western, feminized women don't have to say that, of course, but it's pretty much assumed that that's what they'll do when the going gets tough and she decides she's board with you.

Now the negatives:

1.) Philippine women assume that Americans are all sweet and kind, and that they all look like movie stars. Having conversed with this girl, I know that truly there are some severe misunderstandings about what's happening today in America. Surely, actresses like Julia Roberts, Cameron Diaz, and Brittany Spears are not the norm in American society, as well as actors like George Clooney, Brad Pitt... and the list goes on.

2.) Phiipine women also assume that American women treat their men well. This is a major bone of contention with me Winston. I don't want to get into a long-winded discussion about it, but this can, at times be almost annoying. I mean think of it. Why in the hell would I be talking to a woman 12,000 miles away if women in this country already treated their men so damm well?

I think for the average Phillipine woman, there is a disconnect on this part. They don't understand the social dynamics of what dating is like for American men today. And they also don't understand that social interractions with Americans are reserved only for the work place, salespeople, family, and close friends. In America, the very idea of walking up to a group of people and trying to squeeze into their clique is unheard of. Even if you're at a sold out ball game with 80,000 roaring fans -- all cheering on the home team -- most of these people want nothing to do with others in the crowd, except of course for their small clique.

3.) The last thing I can think of now is the idea that Americans have unlimited pockets. Having conversed with this girl, I get the impression she may think that I am loaded and not on a limited budget like most people in her country. This again creates a situation where I may be forced to tell her that, although I will buy her dinner and things, I am not going to constantly treat her to shopping sprees at the mall in her home town. It's just that simple. I know it's not going to be a problem, but American guys need to know this quickly so that they can better gauge what they'll be up against. Don't let these women assume you'll break the bank for them. Although they are sweet and kind, for the most part, this one flaw in them needs to be addressed.

Overall everthing beats American feminism:

Let me conclude this letter by saying that overall, going overseas is a 10 to 1 better proposition than staying in the U.S. I say this because, overall, the good outweighs the bad by a long shot.

Talk to you later Winston, and keep up the good work.

Steve

P.S. Feel free to post this on your site. You can list my name if you want.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

dano
Freshman Poster

Post by dano »

Steve Hoca said,
2.) Phiipine women also assume that American women treat their men well. This is a major bone of contention with me Winston. I don't want to get into a long-winded discussion about it, but this can, at times be almost annoying. I mean think of it. Why in the hell would I be talking to a woman 12,000 miles away if women in this country already treated their men so damm well?

There are some Filipinas that know western women are unstable. If they don't know, showing them these videos will convince them.

http://www.youtube.com/user/recklesstor ... MoGj9QtZts

http://somewhatdamaged.net/?p=3306
globetrotter
Experienced Poster

Post by globetrotter »

Very few people on this planet know the score with American and Western Women. It just isn't known or acknowledged. Perhaps .1% know it. That's 150,000 American men out of 150 million.

Usually the men who know it briefly spend time online discussing it, and then they stop.

Why? Because they took action. They moved overseas.

We all know the flaws and faults of the US dating society. Posting the same idea over and over and the same articles about how horrific AW are will not change a thing. We know they are horrific. It is time to move on to the next phase - a plan, action, trips, moving, work abroad, etc.

I see this trait in myself and others who have expatted. A few continue to talk about it but most of us are too busy being happy and living a life to be bothered with posting the same article over and over to scores of fora. We know it's bad, we moved, now we live somewhere else. Problem solved.
rome86
Freshman Poster

Post by rome86 »

globetrotter wrote:Very few people on this planet know the score with American and Western Women. It just isn't known or acknowledged. Perhaps .1% know it. That's 150,000 American men out of 150 million.

Usually the men who know it briefly spend time online discussing it, and then they stop.

We all know the flaws and faults of the US dating society. Posting the same idea over and over and the same articles about how horrific AW are will not change a thing. We know they are horrific. It is time to move on to the next phase - a plan, action, trips, moving, work abroad, etc.

I see this trait in myself and others who have expatted. A few continue to talk about it but most of us are too busy being happy and living a life to be bothered with posting the same article over and over to scores of fora. We know it's bad, we moved, now we live somewhere else. Problem solved.
Je suis d'accord avec toi. je suis fatigue de lire des experiences des problemes en amerique. It is time to stop talking about troubles in america , it is boring. I want to hear stories about success abroad to know how other countries operate when it comes to dating women. For me I was comfortable in all french countries I have been including France.

:)
hello
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

rome86 wrote:
globetrotter wrote:Very few people on this planet know the score with American and Western Women. It just isn't known or acknowledged. Perhaps .1% know it. That's 150,000 American men out of 150 million.

Je suis d'accord avec toi. je suis fatigue de lire des experiences des problemes en amerique. It is time to stop talking about troubles in america , it is boring. I want to hear stories about success abroad to know how other countries operate when it comes to dating women. For me I was comfortable in all french countries I have been including France.

Steve mentioned both positives and negatives in the comparison list. Remember? You gotta give both sides some attention.

If you don't like to hear complaining, then don't read them.

Why don't you start a thread and describe all the things you like about French culture, and compare the women? Were they approachable? How did you meet them? Etc.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama »

Winston wrote:
rome86 wrote:

Steve mentioned both positives and negatives in the comparison list. Remember? You gotta give both sides some attention.

If you don't like to hear complaining, then don't read them.

Why don't you start a thread and describe all the things you like about French culture, and compare the women? Were they approachable? How did you meet them? Etc.
Exactly. He just volunteered to post "positive" posts on foreign experiences. Where are they??
A good man is above pettiness. He is better than that.
dano
Freshman Poster

Post by dano »

One of the positive things about filipinas is they are able to form a strong emotional bond with there partner. This is manifested with displays of affection and a keen interest in sex. The downside to this strong emotional attachment is they want to spend every second of the day with you, if you value your privacy it can be a problem.