Filipina MYTHS

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Filipina MYTHS

Post by ladislav »

Yeah, at least Americans know that President Putin is not American.
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

MrBlueLight
Freshman Poster

Post by MrBlueLight »

Jester wrote:
ladislav wrote:
In short, a perfect example of American style education in its Filipino version.
Just when I thought there was an education system inferior to the USSA, you go and burst my bubble.
I lost count how many times I tell them that I am American, and they say "you are not American! Americans are white!"

So you are telling me what my nationality is now? Really?
newlifeinphilippines
Veteran Poster

Post by newlifeinphilippines »

MrBlueLight wrote:
Jester wrote:
ladislav wrote:
In short, a perfect example of American style education in its Filipino version.
Just when I thought there was an education system inferior to the USSA, you go and burst my bubble.
I lost count how many times I tell them that I am American, and they say "you are not American! Americans are white!"

So you are telling me what my nationality is now? Really?
This old filipino guy was surprised i was american cause i wasn't a blue eyed blond
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

At least, they've heard of America. Unlike in the US:

" Where're you from?"

"I am from ( name of country)"

"Where's that?"
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

According to a Filipino, the world is divided into the following races:

Pinoy- all the brown people with flat noses

(Ameri) Kano aka Porener - all the white ( preferably blond) people with tall noses

N---o - all the black people

Boom-bye/Turco - all the Indian, Pakistani, Bangladeshi, etc

Arabo- all the Arabs and Iranians.

Inchek- All Chinese and Chinese-looking people

Japanees- all the Japanese looking people

Kureano- all the Korean looking people

Kastila- Spaniards ( because of "Castillia") - what is meant by a Spaniard is usually local Filipinos who look like Salvadorans.

That's it basically! Actually, the range is wider than the US 5- race system: white, black, hispanic, asian, native American categorization. No wonder Filipinos are way more cosmopolitan.
davewe
Experienced Poster

Post by davewe »

ladislav wrote:
2) America is the richest nation on earth and we make 44 times more money ( it's based on the exchange rate of the dollar to the peso) - and prices back home must be the same, they guess. Hence we are all fabulously rich. There is no poverty or homelessness in the country where poreners live, no beggars, etc.
No matter how often I told her, Janet was shocked to see what America is really like. Despite the fact that I live in a relatively affluent city, she was shocked at all the homeless people and beggars.

She works (and works hard) at a relatively low paying job. Unlike her, her co-workers actually have to pay the bills and live off of their wages and they live very simply and poorly - and this was a huge shock to her. Yet OTOH she knows that her hourly wage, as small as it is in the US, is huge in the Philippines. It's an interesting dynamic and fun to watch her learn and grow.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

ladislav wrote:At least, they've heard of America. Unlike in the US:

" Where're you from?"

"I am from ( name of country)"

"Where's that?"
LOL I sure used to get that when Southerners heard my name
...asked how to spell it...
...how to pronounce it...
....asked what it was
....I said Armenian...
...then they asked....
etc
etc
etc
"Well actually, she's not REALLY my daughter. But she does like to call me Daddy... at certain moments..."
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

davewe wrote:
....she was shocked at all the homeless people and beggars.
I had the same reaction from Filipinos from Davao new to Los Angeles.

I asked dont you have poor people there, right?

Yes, they said. But they dont live in the street. They have houses.
"Well actually, she's not REALLY my daughter. But she does like to call me Daddy... at certain moments..."
mentor
Freshman Poster

Post by mentor »

Seriousness?
After some months of online contacting/dating with even a careful selection of filipina girls,
I start to wonder if there are really serious girls there.
I am totally serious in my communication, and I mean that I talk nicely, I keep a good level in conversation, I am interested and ask to know about each girl, etc. And all these, with girls chosen by me, and I mean I select the most serious profiles, at least this is what I can do at the beginning.

Until now, most girls quit conversation and our contact during one or two weeks!
We talk for some days, and then, they stop...I did not come back (begging! no!) asking why every girl stops talking to me. I just find it weird.
I can't find myself doing something wrong, so I am starting wondering about them!
What is going on? Is there any serious girl? Or there are only scammers looking to cheat fast over guys to get some easy money?
Until now, I cannot explain such a strange attitude...
hammanta
Junior Poster

Post by hammanta »

mentor wrote:Seriousness?
After some months of online contacting/dating with even a careful selection of filipina girls,
I start to wonder if there are really serious girls there.
I am totally serious in my communication, and I mean that I talk nicely, I keep a good level in conversation, I am interested and ask to know about each girl, etc. And all these, with girls chosen by me, and I mean I select the most serious profiles, at least this is what I can do at the beginning.

Until now, most girls quit conversation and our contact during one or two weeks!
We talk for some days, and then, they stop...I did not come back (begging! no!) asking why every girl stops talking to me. I just find it weird.
I can't find myself doing something wrong, so I am starting wondering about them!
What is going on? Is there any serious girl? Or there are only scammers looking to cheat fast over guys to get some easy money?
Until now, I cannot explain such a strange attitude...

I used to post on here awhile ago but stopped about a year ago. Came back to check it out again and saw that this thread was still going.

I just got back from my 4th trip to the Philippines. Stayed a month traveling around this time, have dated, slept with, met many Filipino girls over my 4 trips not to mention have Filipino friends and connections all over the country. I don't know you or your story but I will try to address your question. I've kinda changed my stance a little after my recent trip.

Filipino girls vary as much as girls from any culture, potentially even more. You can find religious girls, party girls, feminists, workoholics, poor province girls, big city modern girls, backwards farm girls, sex freaks and 40 year old virgins and everything in between. Mindsets vary drastically between women especially younger woman. Not sure how the country was 20 years ago but the internet, more importantly social media and American media has influenced this country a good bit. That doesn't mean that they are changing into fat feminist bitches but you shouldn't be surprised if the girl watches The Voice and True Blood religiously and knows every Boyce Avenue and Adam Levine song. Keep this in mind when conversing with these girls. Not every girl, correction, majority of girls are not the classic stay at home wife/maid material type submissive Asian that most foreigners want to believe they are. Yes some exist, probably exist more in the Philippines than in a lot of nations but still most will be bad for you.

Now to get to your question. Most aren't returning your messages because probably...

1) You bore them or aren't that interesting. This isn't a shot at you but as mentioned, a lot of younger Filipinas are more interested in what Zack Efron is doing than what you do. Keeping up with convos without ever meeting the person is serious work and redundant "Hi how are you's" get exhausting after awhile.

2) You aren't the only guy messaging them. I met a girl from DIA in one of the large cities that literally had over 800 inbox messages in 2 months. I sent her a cute funny message, I got her number after 3 messages, was on a date the next night with her, and screwed her the next 4 nights and mornings. This wasn't some girl showing slutty photos or a bar girl. She was well educated, came from an upper middle class family, and had a good job. We would lay in bed looking and sometimes laughing at all of the messages from guys, some of them quite desperate sending her messages around the clock. First thing you need to know is that these girls don't love you, you aren't special because you are a foreigner, there are gonna be other guys she meets, possibly f***s, and that you shouldn't expect a relationship to blossom online without meeting them.

3) She doesn't trust you. Let's face it, most foreigners that go over to the Philippines aren't looking for love, they are looking for quick and easy p***y. These girls know that and the good ones are often cautious of being let down again. For every Filipina I've met and dated, all of them have a story about either a foreigner or local guy screwing them over somehow. So if there are any warning signs she might pull the plug on you.

4) Age does matter. I've asked a lot of Filipinas this question. "What is your age range preference?" Normally they respond with 5-10 years, 15 at max. I've never heard one say that it didn't matter. A lot of the girls that date middle-aged to older foreigners (45+), of course not all, are damaged goods. They are either ugly, single mothers, a gold digger, poor and uneducated, or something else that makes them undesirable to the local population. Again not all are like this and that doesn't necessarily mean that the ones mentioned above couldn't be good either. I've actually went on dates with 2 single mothers, one of which was quite wealthy, and the other was a sweet girl whose boyfriend cheated and was an abuser. But if you are an older guy looking for hot, young 18-25 year olds you are gonna be at a disadvantage when finding quality girls.

5) They are online just for fun. I've heard this one multiple times. Some girls just get online for the attention or for some laughs. Yes it is a game to some girls unfortunately.

I'm sure there are other reasons but those are the big ones I've seen. Really the best way to find a girl is to message the ones you like, get their Viber, Skype, etc. as quick as possible, try not to fall for any, and go meet them as soon as you can. Nothing beats on the ground meetings and if you hit it off, it's a lot easier continuing the relationship having met and been intimate in person rather than online.

The Philippines is no secret anymore, and more and more foreigners are coming each day, all over the country. I'm 26 and was in Cebu and was astounded by how many young, tall, handsome guys were walking around everywhere. There is competition not just online, but within the country and a hot quality girl is gonna be swept up fast. You need to set yourself a part but more importantly, don't fall hard just because she seems sweet and cute. Keep your wits about you.
mentor
Freshman Poster

Post by mentor »

hammanta, thanks for all the valuable information you shared with us.
Mr S
Veteran Poster

Post by Mr S »

Yes, what you have described about the Philippines is indeed correct. I've tried to explain that there are changes afoot multiple times, but I get labeled a hater and some demented bitter quack, even though I currently live here and been here for over 10 years now. This is probably because I am a bit too direct and not diplomatic about explaining things like it is, unlike your methods of explanation which are more balanced. Yes, you can still find decent women, but you will have to really try hard. Because of globalism the competition is much more than it was just less than 10 years ago.

I'm afraid moving forward older Western guys who don't have as much to offer and are rough looking will have a harder time mixing it up with much younger women unless they are willing to compromise for a poor, uneducated, lower socio-economically classed woman. The ones that don't want that will have to deal with women who more resemble their Western counterparts, albeit maybe not as nasty, but more than happy to be the dominant 'A' personality in the relationship. Most of the foreigner guys I know married to middle and upper Filipino women, are not the boss in the home. No joke.

I probably missed a golden opportunity to find a halfway decent Filipina before the window closed a while back. I only found half, the child, but not the woman. All I can do now is learn from my mistakes and move forward without repeating them. Maintaining my health and sanity are top priority over the coming years as my kid becomes a teenager. From there depending on my life situation, I'll be moving on to explore other areas of the world, hopefully those countries won't be as tainted with mutual behaving globalism as parts of Asia, like the Philippines, are hinting and starting to become.

I guess if I'm already considered washed up goods by then at least I'll have my kid to be proud of, raising her right without all the Western indoctrination.
I suppose being alone has its benefits than being with someone you would rather not be with or stuck with because of the law. I'm not afraid to be alone, as that seems to be a natural state for me during most of my life, it's more realizing how there really aren't many compatible people left in the world for individuals with an INTJ personality type. I'm less than 2% of the world population and maybe only compatible with less than 10% perhaps, probably less than that. Getting older doesn't help much either, ha ha.

I'd suggest if you're looking for a serious relationship with a woman, find one before your mid 30's if possible. It just gets progressively more difficult when you start hitting your 40's and upward, especially if you're looking for someone younger than yourself. Age starts hitting you hard in ones late 30's and you have to make serious lifestyle decisions to maintain health and looks or your body will just go to shit. Processed food is your biggest enemy, as well as eating out. If you don't modify those two nasties, fat and old age will creep up on you before you know it. I make all my own food now and limit meat intake to almost nothing, only east selected small fish, eggs, some dairy and I just drink smoothie fruit and vegetable drinks as half or more of my calorie intake to maintain my weight and health. Had to do it as my stomach within the last couple of years was turning into one of those big guts younger guys make fun of when they see the older guy wearing the Hawain shirt with the big rolly polly stomach sticking out. Even if you were skinny in the past it just creeps up on you all of a sudden if you don't nip it in the bud early before its too late.
"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." Marcus Aurelius, Roman Emperor and stoic philosopher, 121-180 A.D.
mentor
Freshman Poster

Post by mentor »

Nice advice Mr S.

How much effect does have the so bad globalization in Philippines?
hammanta
Junior Poster

Post by hammanta »

mentor wrote:Nice advice Mr S.

How much effect does have the so bad globalization in Philippines?
Tough question to try to explain. I think social media is the biggest influence on the country socially. Every girl and her mother has facebook and are exposed to a lot of the damaging effects of Liberal American Ideologies. Mentalities of the younger generation are changing especially in the middle and upper class. Now they aren't nearly as bad as American mindsets and the girls still have a very sweet demeanor but don't be surprised if a Filipina has an aggressive personality and refuses to cook, clean, or do your laundry, even if she is not working at the time. She "isn't your maid," a reply I've heard several times. They can also be quite opinionated. However, as mentioned Filipinas vary greatly.

Aside from that multinational corporations have popped up everywhere including many popular fast food chains, hotels and coffee shops. Not sure if you've been to the country but the malls make American malls look like small shopping centers. Was just walking around SM Seaside in Cebu a few weeks ago and is the 4th or 5th biggest mall in the world with all types of top notch clothing brands from around the world. The cities all have massive dance clubs blasting the latest hits from around the world. Drug use is regular in these clubs as well as promiscuous dancing and drinking. Many of the city girls are quite progressive. One night stands, threesomes, drug use and sleeping around are quite common with the youth.

The Philippines is still an amazing country and my favorite destination, why I keep coming back. Mr. S has sound advice as far as finding a girl when you are younger. If you are 20-35 and are not horrible looking, you can kill it with good looking girls here. 45 and below still have the ability to pull young good looking quality girls but generally they are gonna be 25+. Once you reach the older thresholds its gonna continue to get harder, though of course not impossible.
Mr S
Veteran Poster

Post by Mr S »

Right, the proliferation of social media, access to cheap smart phones and easier access to the internet has been the main contributors to the slow downfall of the upcoming female generation in PI. I noticed the changes starting to take affect around 2010 or so, give or take a year. This is around the time social media started really catching on here combined with cheaper smart phones available for the average person rather than just higher social classes.

Because Filippine society is generally non-intellectual and emotion driven, the majority of people here just have sheeple thinking and follow the popular crowd. Thus, what they now are observing concerning modern Western values and behaviours on the internet through various platforms, many copy and inject into their everyday life, whether good or bad. This is more common with the younger people of course as there is an age divide regarding technology here, so maybe early 30's and below are going to be less traditionalist Filipino than the older ones.

One other thing that many people don't realize is that because the Philippines is mandating that their education system be taught in English, including up to k12, plus the country's official 2nd language is English, many of the big American text book companies have lobbied and incorporated large parts of the American 'Common Core' educational experiement into the upcoming 2016 k12 curriculum, no joke! Thus, there will be a long term effort to bring into the fold the current conservative traditional Filipino mindset into the modern Western wackadoodle liberal socialist, globalist, etc. Of course it won't be noticeable right away but I assume within another generation, 20 years or so, The typical younger Filipino mindset will be much different to what a typical Filipoino's mindset is now. I'm sure there will be political conflict in the future with the conservative traditional Christians infighting with the new up and coming leftist liberal mindset. Basically the same kind of conflict that is going on in Western countries right now with the traditionalists/nationalists/conservatives taking on the liberals/socialists/leftists. I've already noticed a distinct change with how women in their early 20's here act and respond to foreigners, and older ones also. They aren't as nice and sweet and tend to have more of an attitude issue.

I highly recommend to guys that are interested in pursuing a younger Filipina as a serious GF or wife to do it within the next 10 years or so. I believe the women here, especially the younger ones, will not be much different to their Western counterparts in the near future. Think about it, it's one of the easiest countries outside the West to subvert because English is already a widely spoken medium here and all they have to really do here is 'reeducate' the younger generation to whatever the globalists want and it will happen much faster than in neighboring Asian countries where English is not widely used on a daily basis in communication.

Before the high speed internet and easy access to smart phones, the Philippines was still relatively isolated and its own culture remained dominant, thus ensuring decent mannered and behaved women of all ages. Now you will only notice this in the older women here and less so with each coming year with the younger ones in their 20's and teens. Mark my words, The Philippines will be a possible dating horror place for Westerners by 2030. That may seem like a long ways from now and of little consequence to men as of the moment, but once the change occurs it will be difficult to reverse and it will be just another country that men who once praised it as a dating paradise will find not much different to the dating hell holes of what Western countries have become for the average male.

Enjoy what the Philippines has to offer now while it's still in its current form because there are strong forces wanting to change the culture of the Philippines to be used as a global pawn for various social agendas to further global socialism and corporate trade policies.

I know I plan on running to a country where English is not the normal mode of communication cause at least there might be more of a buffer between the corruptible Western values and the native ones. Although, it's possible technology will break down all barriers in the future and the youth will be inundated with Western brainwashing one way or another no matter where one is located. We'll see how governments respond and whether they create technological barriers of their own or not. My kid will be in high school by early 2020's, so hopefully I'll either have a game plan to get out of PI by then or already be out before various shit really becomes annoying and unbearable here.
"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." Marcus Aurelius, Roman Emperor and stoic philosopher, 121-180 A.D.