My current HA plans

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
drealm
Junior Poster

Re: My current HA plans

Post by drealm »

travelsouth wrote:Many guys do get laid regularly by at least decent looking women in college. If you think it's hard for you now, it will get harder for you once you aren't around the young women anymore.
This was not my experience, given I only went to community college. The guys I did see pulling women though were always the better looking guys. I think if a guy is getting laid regularly by decent women in college he is above average looking. I agree it get's harder after college, but my prospects were zero in high school and zero in community college, so it never felt like a downgrade.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on January 8th, 2020, 6:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
travelsouth
Freshman Poster

Post by travelsouth »

Ghost wrote:
travelsouth wrote: I finished my grad work at the end of 2008. Guys of your generation which aint much younger than me will all have their own experiences. Many guys do get laid regularly by at least decent looking women in college. If you think it's hard for you now, it will get harder for you once you aren't around the young women anymore. You need to plan ahead not get buried in debt.
Doubtful. Most guys will lie about how much sex they've had.
I would say some exaggerate. Just because a poster here has trouble getting laid in college doesn't mean it is hard to get laid in college. Personally, in 2016, my concern would not be getting laid as a college student. My concern would be about being accused of assault the next day. These new ways women are trying to define consent are troubling. And it's not that she has to consent at the beginning, it's pretty much to the point where you must ask her for consent before each thrust. May I touch your breast? Yes you may. May I thrust my junk into you for the 100th time? No I changed my mind I'm going to the nearest medical clinic and calling the police. Or worse they wake up the next morning and do it. Those are reasons to go south.
GoingAwol
Junior Poster

Post by GoingAwol »

travelsouth wrote:
Ghost wrote:
travelsouth wrote: I finished my grad work at the end of 2008. Guys of your generation which aint much younger than me will all have their own experiences. Many guys do get laid regularly by at least decent looking women in college. If you think it's hard for you now, it will get harder for you once you aren't around the young women anymore. You need to plan ahead not get buried in debt.
I would say some exaggerate. Just because a poster here has trouble getting laid in college doesn't mean it is hard to get laid in college. Personally, in 2016, my concern would not be getting laid as a college student. My concern would be about being accused of assault the next day. These new ways women are trying to define consent are troubling. And it's not that she has to consent at the beginning, it's pretty much to the point where you must ask her for consent before each thrust. May I touch your breast? Yes you may. May I thrust my junk into you for the 100th time? No I changed my mind I'm going to the nearest medical clinic and calling the police. Or worse they wake up the next morning and do it. Those are reasons to go south.
It's not just one guy. I have a lot of guy friends and only 2 of my friends are what you would call ladies men. These are guys that regularly get decent looking to attractive women. The rest of my friends pretty much settle for what they can get or go without completely. The fact is its tough to get women in America these days, especially if you are a young man. The demographics are against us. It's a sausage fest.
GoingAwol
Junior Poster

Post by GoingAwol »

Ghost wrote:
Exactly. I have caught friends openly lying about their sexual exploits.
GoingAwol
Junior Poster

Post by GoingAwol »

drealm wrote:
travelsouth wrote:Many guys do get laid regularly by at least decent looking women in college. If you think it's hard for you now, it will get harder for you once you aren't around the young women anymore.
This was not my experience, given I only went to community college. The guys I did see pulling women though were always the better looking guys. I think if a guy is getting laid regularly by decent women in college he is above average looking. I agree it get's harder after college, but my prospects were zero in high school and zero in community college, so it never felt like a downgrade.
I go to community college too and it sucks. There simply aren't any available women. They are all taken by the best looking guys.
travelsouth
Freshman Poster

Post by travelsouth »

GoingAwol wrote: The demographics are against us. It's a sausage fest.
You can now count yourself as someone that is exaggerating. The realty is there are just as many girls as there are guys your age. Community colleges can be more technical in nature which would lead to more men enrolled than women. A private 4/6 year college like mine had more women than men.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on January 8th, 2020, 6:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
drealm
Junior Poster

Post by drealm »

travelsouth wrote:
You can now count yourself as someone that is exaggerating. The realty is there are just as many girls as there are guys your age. Community colleges can be more technical in nature which would lead to more men enrolled than women. A private 4/6 year college like mine had more women than men.
If a woman is young and half attractive then she can easily find men in or out of college. I use to work at a car wash and there was a bad boy thug who worked with me. He didn't have a college degree and he was working for minimum wage. His biggest material asset was a fox body mustang that broke down most of the time. However he was good looking and had the whole thug look down. He was banging a freshmen UC Berkeley grad and he was 22. I wonder how many college 4.0 geeks that kunt turned down to take it up the ass from him this handsome low life..

By contrast there was another thug at the car wash who was ugly/average. He had to resort to using prostitutes and never had a steady girl friend.

So it's all about looks.
GoingAwol
Junior Poster

Post by GoingAwol »

travelsouth wrote:
There's actually a lot more women than men in my classes. They are all taken, even the unattractive ones.
droid
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by droid »

Ghost wrote:
travelsouth wrote:
I take it you've never heard of the 80/20 rule?
Understandably, cash-loaded, high-roller, Henry-Cavill-looking travelsouth finds it impossible to relate to the experience of mere mortals
1)Too much of one thing defeats the purpose.
2)Everybody is full of it. What's your hypocrisy?
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on January 8th, 2020, 6:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
travelsouth
Freshman Poster

Post by travelsouth »

droid wrote:
Ghost wrote:
travelsouth wrote:
I take it you've never heard of the 80/20 rule?
Understandably, cash-loaded, high-roller, Henry-Cavill-looking travelsouth finds it impossible to relate to the experience of mere mortals
I've heard of the rule of course. There is always somebody out there with more money, more things, and even better looks. I don't care about any of it. I figured out as a teenager that being a 'nice guy" wasn't going to get me shit. That doesn't mean I embraced thug life or turned into some punk. It just means that I operate under a certain set of rules. I am a nice person, but I would never get emotionally tied up or get friend zoned by some girl I am just interested in.

For all this talk about girls only going for the "most attractive" guys, I've seen guys over and over again ignore/miss all kinds of red flags with really pretty women. Hell even I've let things slide to get with a girl I really have a thing for, but as things go sideways I've always moved on AND I'VE NEVER LOOKED BACK. My advice to friends is always to get your local life together first. Make sure you are in good shape financially and cut ties with any women you've been friend zoned by. Then actually take some trips to Latin America. I have no complaints.
GoingAwol
Junior Poster

Post by GoingAwol »

Ghost wrote:If you're serious about English teaching as a more-than-one-time thing (it's a great way to give yourself an instant "in" to a country after all), then definitely go abroad to do your CELTA, especially given that you'll only have an Associate's degree otherwise. As you noted, doing it in the U.S. will cost a fair amount of cash as well, so go a bit further and do it in your target country. Certifications done on-site-in-country are more respected and it's a great detail you can bring up in interviews. Not to mention it gives you that initial experience abroad that you can build on. And say your target country isn't what you hoped it would be...you could then go elsewhere and try teaching in a different country, and get a step ahead in finding the right place for you.
Yes,
That's what I was thinking. Russia is the country i'm most interested in. I want to see what the country is all about.