R.I.P. Latest 100 Topics Page

Post your suggestions and feedback for the forum. You can also report a problem, troubleshoot an issue with forum functionality, or suggest new board topics.
drealm
Junior Poster

R.I.P. Latest 100 Topics Page

Post by drealm »

20/100 are real threads.

Red are spam.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: R.I.P. Latest 100

Post by Yohan »

Finally, somebody deleted this data garbage. It's OK again.
Winston
Site Admin

Re: R.I.P. Latest 100 Topics Page

Post by Winston »

Yeah lots of Russian spam threads kept getting posted in the Announcements board. I don't know how it happened since no one is supposed to be able to create threads in the Announcement boards, only reply to them, except for moderators and admin. But the Russian spam (which shows up as ???????? on the Latest 100 topics page) was all in the moderation queue waiting to be approved, so it was not truly posted yet for all to see, fortunately. But they were still appearing on the Latest 100 Topics Page for some reason. Very annoying to have to delete them everyday. I'll see how I can bar them from posting in the Announcements board. They must have taken advantage of some glitch.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Are any of you able to start topics in the Announcements board? What happens when you try? Does it not allow you to submit the post? Or does it allow you to submit the post and wait for it to be approved?
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

No, there is nothing which give me a right to create a new thread in the announcements board.

Maybe best you change your passwords and all other admin and mod should do the same.

It seems there is a 'rat' in your house.
starchild5
Veteran Poster

Post by starchild5 »

If Russians/Ukrainians EE Russian Speaking guys have targeted this Forum, the it really needs to upgrade its security. Russians have incredible hackers and best programmers in the world according to many coding competitions held all over the world.

The whole Eastern European Belt is scary when it comes to spamming and hacking.

Just to stress my point

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gennady_Korotkevich

Gennady Vladimirovich Korotkevich (Russian: Геннадий Владимирович Короткевич, Belarusian: Генадзь Уладзіміравіч Караткевіч, Henadz Uladzimiravich Karatkevich; born 25 September 1994), is a Belarusian sport programmer who has won major international competitions since age 11, as well as numerous national competitions. His top accomplishments include six consecutive gold medals in the International Olympiad in Informatics[1] as well as the world championship in the 2013 and 2015 International Collegiate Programming Contest World Finals.

As of March 2016, Korotkevich is currently the highest-rated programmer at Codeforces,[2] the highest rated algorithm competitor at TopCoder,[3]

--------------------------

Even when NASA was hacked by Garry Mckinon, he used a Ukrainian Software.

You can run Kaspersky software and block these spammers. Russians software can easily hack any American created software forum like this...They might be now auto writing announcements.

Don't take this lightly...The next stage could be members unable to access the forum or our account ID hacked and used by these Russians. :twisted: :twisted:
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Announcement:

Ok I've set the forum so that all new registered users will be on moderation status so that their posts will have to be approved in order to be seen. This will give me a lot of work. But it's the only way to stop these spammers from posting their crap for now. Maybe I should change the humanizer questions too, so that bots will have a harder time registering. I think most spammers are bots.

drealm
Junior Poster

Post by drealm »

Winston wrote:Announcement:

Ok I've set the forum so that all new registered users will be on moderation status so that their posts will have to be approved in order to be seen. This will give me a lot of work. But it's the only way to stop these spammers from posting their crap for now. Maybe I should change the humanizer questions too, so that bots will have a harder time registering. I think most spammers are bots.
Winston, thank you for taking this seriously.
Traveler
Freshman Poster

Post by Traveler »

This continues to be a problem.
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

Plenty of data garbage today, done by sign-up machines, please clean up this forum.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Yohan wrote:Plenty of data garbage today, done by sign-up machines, please clean up this forum.
You can see the posts waiting for approval in the latest 100 topics page? I guess they show up there then. If so, then just use the latest active topics page. The posts waiting for approval shouldn't show up there.

search.php?search_id=active_topics

Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

Thanks for cleaning up these sign-up bots.
It's not only here in this forum, almost every forum is reporting similar problems.