Great Movies worth checking out - Post your recommendations

Discuss movies, films, TV shows, music, celebrities and entertainment.
IraqVet2003
Junior Poster

Re: Great Movies worth checking out - Post your recommendati

Post by IraqVet2003 »

Winston, please checkout this trailer for Michael Moore's film "WHERE TO INVADE NEXT".

http://www.yahoo.com/movies/watch-the-f ... 50199.html

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Check out the trailer for this movie called "The Untouchables" from the 1980's about Al Capone. It looks pretty good and stars Robert DeNiro (as Al Capone), Kevin Costner and Sean Connery.

Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

This is one of the most underrated films of the 1990's. It's called "Grand Canyon" and about the lives of 6 people in their search for meaning and understanding about their problems and dilemmas. It's very realistic and a philosophical masterpiece about the struggles and paradoxes of life that we all deal with. There are no fake Hollywood endings or cliches. It stars Danny Glover, Kevin Kline and Steve Martin.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0101969/

I can't believe that no one on IMDB understood the meaning of the last scene in the film when everyone looks at the Grand Canyon, and why the movie is called "Grand Canyon". How can I be the only one that understood it? I explained the meaning of the title on the IMDB message board below:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0101969/boa ... /252142460
Am i the only one who understood the title of this movie and what it means? Why has no one else mentioned it? If you watch the end scene when they look at the spectacular grand canyon, it becomes clear.

The grand canyon represents life. Life has many ups and downs, just like the dips and mesas of the grand canyon. But viewed from afar, it all looks spectacular, beautiful and magnificent. The moral is that that is how we should look at life.

I realized this upon first viewing of the film. Why has no one else here?
Trailer:

Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
IraqVet2003
Junior Poster

Post by IraqVet2003 »

Please checkout these two movies :

13 HOURS: THE SECRET SOLDIERS OF BENGHAZI (Premiers on January 15, 2016)

WHERE TO INVADE NEXT? by Michael Moore (Premiers on February 12, 2016)
fschmidt
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by fschmidt »

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Just saw kung fu panda 3 with my son and Dianne. Wow! Much better than I expected. It had a great story, chinese philosophy, suspense, good message, and was meaningful and inspiring, funny, etc. It had everything! Very impressive! A definite MUST SEE! In some ways its better than the first film, and the second too, which is rare since sequels arent usually as good as the originals. Id highly recommend the first kung fu panda movie too by the way, if u haven't seen it.

But u gotta see this new one. Youll be glad you did. Promise you. It will exceed ur expectations. Its rare for an animated film to be this good, meaningful and enjoyable. Ur definitely missing out on an awesome film by not seeing it or thinking that its for kids only. Even all the user reviews on imdb.com agree and say its a must see.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2267968/rev ... _=m_tt_urv

I havent been touched by the magic of an animated film since i was 5 years old.... until now. Wow. U gotta see it. No joke. Its even worth seeing twice.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Btw i know another film to recommend to you all. Its called "Lions for Lambs" from 2007. It stars robert redford, tom cruise and meryl streep. Its about the stupidity of the iraq war and contains 3 meaningful dialogues about the choices we all make in our lives. Its the kind of film that makes u think. Not a usual film. And it contains good points that u will ponder about afterward. Very interesting film. Directed by robert redford too, who also plays a professor in it. I think u guys will like it too.

Lions for Lambs
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0891527/

MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

IraqVet2003
Junior Poster

Post by IraqVet2003 »

Hello my fellow H.A.ers, please checkout the film BATMAN V SUPERMAN: THE DAWN OF JUSTICE. (March 25, 2016)
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

You guys should see this interesting movie called "Pleasantville" where some teens go back in time through their TV set to the 1950's black and white era, where they thought it was the good old days and golden age. But in reality the world they enter is full of people struggling to find more color in their lives and to experience life and reality more beyond their dull b/w narrow existence. It kind of makes you wonder whether the grass is always greener on the other side, and is a very philosophical film that makes you think and ponder.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0120789/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

"David, single, lonely and not happy with his life, flees reality by watching Pleasantville - a 1950's b&w soap opera, where everything is just that... pleasant. His sister Jennifer, sexually far more active than her brother, gets in a fight with him about a very strange remote control. The remote was given to them just seconds after the TV broke, by an equally strange repair man. They suddenly find themselves in Pleasantville, as Bud and Mary-Sue Parker, completely assimilated and therefore black and white, in clothes a little different and with new parents... pleasant ones. David wants to get out of the situation as well as his sister, but whereas he tries to blend in (effortlessly, with his knowledge), she does whatever she wants to do. One event leads to the other, and suddenly there is a red rose growing in Pleasantville. The more rules are broken, the more colorful life gets in Pleasantville, USA."

Trailer:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJ6QzkIwQu0[/youtube]

Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Moretorque »

The guy who made the 2006 movie Idiocracy has changed the movie headimg from comedy to documentary and states we are there 490 years before he predicted it..... :P :oops: :oops: :oops:
Time to Hide!
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

IraqVet2003 wrote:Hello my fellow H.A.ers, please checkout the film BATMAN V SUPERMAN: THE DAWN OF JUSTICE. (March 25, 2016)
We saw batman vs superman last night. It was ok. But superman sucked in it. The actor that plays superman had no emotion, character or soul. He was just a pretty boy with an angry look. Superman is not supposed to look angry, jaded and grim all the time. Stupid movie. Im glad superman died at the end of it. Hope they find a better superman next time. I cant believe kevin costner would show his face in such a trashy movie with no soul. The woman that played wonder woman was hella hot though and feminine and gorgeous.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

I just saw "miracles from heaven" on my laptop. Wow it was so inspiring and meaningful. Tear jerking too. Makes u realize that every day we live is a miracle. And it gives you hope in believing that miracles are very real and possible. Great film to show atheists to make them rethink their closed beliefs. Based on a true story too.

Miracles From Heaven (2016)
http://m.imdb.com/title/tt4257926/

"A young girl suffering from a rare digestive disorder finds herself miraculously cured after surviving a terrible accident."

Will N. Dowd
Junior Poster

Post by Will N. Dowd »

An absolute must watch for any guy is this 1992 Roman Polanski Bitter Moon. If you are a guy in SEA meeting much younger girls, and don't want commitment, this is what can happen if you get too close to a girl. This movie blew me away.

http://putlocker.is/watch-bitter-moon-o ... ocker.html

It shows what happens when you go from really liking someone and banging them like crazy, to finally being sick of them and wishing they would leave, and finally forcing them to leave. The girl wants commitment, marriage and kids, and the guy just wanted to bang her and now they have reached sexual bankruptcy as he puts it, he wants out, and says they should end things on a high note, but she won't leave. A brutally honest look at what happens when the guy is a playboy and the girl still likes him. The guys thinking is exactly like mine, it is better to end things on a high note before things turn sour.

I had a relationship very similar like this with a much younger girl that I just wanted to bang, and she became obsessed with me and wouldn't leave even though I was meeting other girls. I had told her the day we met what I wanted, but she wouldn't leave unless I forced her too, and even then would come back a few hours later crying in the middle of the night. Went on for months until I finally refused her baby ultimatum and she found another foreign guy to get the sperm donation from to my relief.
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

Will N. Dowd wrote:An absolute must watch for any guy is this 1992 Roman Polanski Bitter Moon. If you are a guy in SEA meeting much younger girls, and don't want commitment, this is what can happen if you get too close to a girl. This movie blew me away.

http://putlocker.is/watch-bitter-moon-o ... ocker.html

It shows what happens when you go from really liking someone and banging them like crazy, to finally being sick of them and wishing they would leave, and finally forcing them to leave. The girl wants commitment, marriage and kids, and the guy just wanted to bang her and now they have reached sexual bankruptcy as he puts it, he wants out, and says they should end things on a high note, but she won't leave. A brutally honest look at what happens when the guy is a playboy and the girl still likes him. The guys thinking is exactly like mine, it is better to end things on a high note before things turn sour.

I had a relationship very similar like this with a much younger girl that I just wanted to bang, and she became obsessed with me and wouldn't leave even though I was meeting other girls. I had told her the day we met what I wanted, but she wouldn't leave unless I forced her too, and even then would come back a few hours later crying in the middle of the night. Went on for months until I finally refused her baby ultimatum and she found another foreign guy to get the sperm donation from to my relief.
Well she did finally leave, after they got on a flight to an international destination and abandoned her right before take-off. Before that, he had engaged in several months of abusive fun at her expense.

She didn't come back till he got seriously injured in an accident. Then when she finally exacted her revenge. You see, he was a cruel bastard in a way and that lifestyle would have eluded him as he got older anyway. Notice none of his hook-ups bothered to come see him in the hospital.

Not all guys are like that. Some do want a deep lasting relationship. Note there are modifications which can be made to such relationships such as some open days/weeks or even threesomes. Winston's buddy Stephan is married to a bi and they regularly pick-up third female parties for fun I'm told.

In the movie you reference, the crippled husband and still alluring wife play Hugh Grant for a pathetic chump and it's pretty hilarious in some scenes. If there's any guy you wanna avoid being in that particular movie, I would say it's Grant's character. In contrast, Oscar (Peter Coyote's character) had his fun for like a decade in Paris and died with a loving young woman still with him.