Thailand Updates from Winston and Rock!

Post your trip reports, travel experiences, and updates abroad. Or your expat story if you already live overseas. Note: To post photos and images, insert the image URL between the tags Image after uploading them to a third party site.
starchild5
Veteran Poster

Re: Thailand Updates from Winston and Rock!

Post by starchild5 »

The whole world is controlled by White Masters whose shadow rulers are Aliens :lol:

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

momopi wrote:
Winston wrote:Update:
Hey theres a problem. Our flight to manila was overbooked. So they put me and rock in a hotel and put us on the next flight tomorrow morning. We also get free roundtrip plane tickets too. So tired. Our hotel is very nice though. Includes free breakfast buffet too.
They should make the practice of overbooking flights illegal. Its unnecessary and causes problems for passengers and is only done out of greed for extra profit.
Wait, free round trip plane tickets?
Yeah. Me and rock have vouchers for free round trip tickets anywhere cebu pacific flies to, including tokyo and sydney. Its part of our compensation for being bumped off the flight due to their overbooking.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Here are pics that Rock took of me and AnAmericaninBangkok when we met him in Bangkok. He's an expat authority in Thailand with a blog and YouTube channel about living in Thailand. We also recorded a podcast together of a roundtable discussion between the three of us, which ill post soon after its been reviewed and edited. You can see his blog and videos about Thailand at: http://www.anamericaninbangkok.com

Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Hi all,
Here's that podcast Rock and I did with AnAmericaninBangkok when we were in Thailand. Well it's not exactly a formal podcast though. It's just a round table discussion we had around a coffee table at Starbucks about life and love in Thailand and some other free flowing topics that came and went. Rock guided most of the discussion. It was very no-nonsense and no-holds-barred, the kind of discussion we all love to have with honest, intelligent, experienced guys without any BS. Hearing it brings back great memories. AIB's voice sounds very confident, passionate, and genuine. He sounds like one of those blunt no-nonsense East Coast guys from the 1970's or 1980's. lol. In the second half, he gave me some good tips and advice. So anytime I need some sense knocked into me, I can listen to this again. :)

It's 2 hours and 25 minutes long, so it's a long one. But a very genuine intelligent informative conversation, so nothing wrong with that, IMO. Besides AIB's take on Thailand related stuff, Rock added a lot of great subpoints as well, and asked a lot of good critical questions. As you can see, Rock has a good clear voice that is easy to follow, and he makes a lot of practical intelligent, albeit critical, points. So he has the potential to be a good moderator too, I think. He also sounds very down to earth as well, without any BS, so I think you guys will like that and vibe with it, since that's how we all are as well.

Hope you all enjoy it. Kick back and relax, Here's the link to stream it online.

Round table discussion between AnAmericaninBangkok, Rock and Winston at a Starbucks in Bangkok, Thailand:

http://www.happierabroad.com/podcasts/A ... ailand.mp3

To visit AnAmericaninBangkok's website, blog and videos, go to:
http://www.anamericaninbangkok.com

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Hi again all.
Before Rock and I left Thailand, when we were at the airport in Bangkok, we recorded this short 20 min podcast about our Trip Report. In it, Rock asked me about my impressions of Thailand and I gave my list of pros and cons in a concise manner. You can listen to it here:

http://www.happierabroad.com/podcasts/T ... inston.mp3

starchild5
Veteran Poster

Post by starchild5 »

sounds good
starchild5
Veteran Poster

Post by starchild5 »

Listening to it now..Will post a honest opinion.
starchild5
Veteran Poster

Post by starchild5 »

Wow..This was very informative...Was looking for precisely this information ...lots of new stuff ...and No F words :lol: :lol:

This would help me really make up my mind to Thailand this time 8) 8)
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

Stunningly great thread here.

Can't believe I missed it before, I guess I had "other stuff" going on. ;)

Thanks to all.

PS

Likewise with the interview w/Scott Mallon aka AmericanInBangkok that Winston posted above
http://www.happierabroad.com/podcasts/A ... ailand.mp3
"Well actually, she's not REALLY my daughter. But she does like to call me Daddy... at certain moments..."
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Meetup in Thailand? Any of you there?

Post by Jester »

Falcon wrote:
But local Thais of all regions and social classes can be quite fake and shallow. In Vietnam, Philippines, China, Myanmar, and many other neighboring countries, the people are so much more authentic. You feel like the friendships are so much more real.
Fundamental, basic, important. Thanks.
Falcon wrote:
If you have a U.S. passport like me, it's easiest to stay long-term in the Philippines and Cambodia, since you rarely have to do visa runs for those countries. China and Vietnam are other good options. Thailand is cracking down on visa runs, so unless you have an education or retirement visa, it's hard to stay here long-term without having to constantly go to the border for visa runs.
While this may seem a bit factual or dry, it is most likely symptomatic of the underlying feeling of local people.

Learning all this stuff myself the way I usually need to learn things... experience.
"Well actually, she's not REALLY my daughter. But she does like to call me Daddy... at certain moments..."
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Meetup in Thailand? Any of you there?

Post by Jester »

GREAT find, JonnyLaw!!!!!!!!!
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Meetup in Thailand? Winston and Rock are there!

Post by Jester »

Winston wrote:
I dont understand why Thailand is called "land of smiles". People dont smile that much in Thailand and when they do, its brief and superficial. You get a lot more warm authentic smiles in the Philippines. So Philippines should be called "the land of smiles", not Thailand.
Noted.

Good observation.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Meetup in Thailand? Winston and Rock are there!

Post by Jester »

Winston wrote:
Hey all, guess what? I contacted anamericaninbangkok, who used to post here before we had a falling out, to see if he can meet us since he lives here in bangkok. He agreed, with the condition that i apologize to him for my insults in the past. I accepted.

This is good news for those of you who are his fans. It means that if we can make amends and get on good terms again, then he may come back here and start posting again. We can also cross promote each other and develop a positive collaborative relationship.

Btw i checked out his website and he now has a new podcast and book hes published. Check them out on his site at:

http://www.anamericaninbangkok.com
So when its in your Self-Interest, you can indeed achieve actual self-examination ...

...and even APOLOGIZE??!!

Who the f**k KNEW?!
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

Winston wrote:
Devon wrote:Cool. Was Thailand much more expensive than the PI?
Not really. It provides better value for what u pay for. And the infrastructure is better too. Things run more efficiently because Thais have Chinese blood in them.

But nothing beats the Philippines when it comes to the warm vibe, sweetness and positivity toward us by the filipina girls. For that reason alone i prefer the Philippines. Social relationships are more important to me than infrastructure and food.
Winston wrote:
Why you deciding on Thailand? Philippines is better for finding a girlfriend who is sweet and wants a relationship. It also has warmer people with more genuine smiles, than Thailand does. Philippines is a friendlier country in general than Thailand. But Thailand is better for food, infrastructure, value for what you pay, and p4p value.

These are the nuggets of gold for which men are mining the "Manosphere".

Not "All The Truth In The World."

Just...
... "Where Should I Go?"
Banano
Veteran Poster

Post by Banano »

Winston, you a bit late to the party, you should have gone there 10-15 years ago to experience real Thailand.
I visited bkk and pattaya during easter holiday and I wasn't happy with reception and attitude of locals. When I visited country 10 years ago it was completely different experience, back then I had high exotic value, girls in the streets and stores would eye f**k me everywhere I go, nowadays TH is flooded with with tourists, then you got Shitloads of NE Asians, Indians and Arabs .
Yes, TH has great infrastructure, hotels and p4p are relatively cheap..for 500-700 bahts you can bang black chick from Madagascar in Pattaya.

If you are hoping of getting free sluts you better be young and handsome, as a white man your exotic wont be that high.

If you look like aminbkk then soi cowboy is where you wanna be.