I've finally done it! I've quit my job/what do I do now?

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
TruthOrConsequences
Freshman Poster

I've finally done it! I've quit my job/what do I do now?

Post by TruthOrConsequences »

This Friday was my last day at my regular day-job. It seemed like having to toil from sun-up to sun-down was not an option anymore in face of constant pressure from attending evening classes, and I've decided to quit my heavy duty full-time blue-collar job to occupy myself more with classes/school, and as they say "academia".
Mind you, this isn't just me breaking out of the cycle of constant abuse and servitude, which was doomed to determine what I am as a person and as a worker.

Just like I've written in my earlier posts, this job was showing me all the tell-tale signs of a job that I had to quit. To reinstate and reiterate or to give you a better picture:

- I was working at a heavy-duty land clearing/landscaping job in addition to attending classes full-time
- I had been there for almost 3 years, but for some reason it felt like a lifetime (don't know why)
- The job was at times stressful and laborious without much of a reward and quite a bit of BS to deal with
- My degree plan isn't even closely related to this former job of mine

Finally, I've made the decision to quit a couple of weeks ago, and I've finally done it this week; it was my last week there. It's absolutely insane how nearly 3 years can drag on forever, and make it seem like an eternity of a vacuum of time that I was literally getting sucked into. Not feeling even slightly zealous or vindictive-like, I have to tell you, folks, I am glad to have done it. It was a calculated move on my part, considering school and other goals, and I've left on good terms.

Now I'm thinking.. What direction or what path should I take on now? How should I direct myself better to achieve my goals of getting an education?
Is it worth getting another day-job or could I do without one? What would your suggestions be?
Jusqu'au bout a tout prix..
Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: I've finally done it! I've quit my job/what do I do now?

Post by Moretorque »

What kind of job are you training for ? academia has turned into a total joke for the mainstream. A medical doctor just released an article in the Lancet a highly respected medical journal explaining he felt over half the science today that is published is plain wrong and bogus.

Good luck with your Joke u cation!
Time to Hide!
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

Congratulations on quitting your job. Most people hate their jobs and would love to quit but can't because they need the money. How much money do you have saved up? Is it enough to live on for a while?

Believe me, we would ALL quit our jobs if we were able to. :D
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
Jonny Law
Experienced Poster

Post by Jonny Law »

TruthOrConsequences wrote:This Friday was my last day at my regular day-job. It seemed like having to toil from sun-up to sun-down was not an option anymore in face of constant pressure from attending evening classes, and I've decided to quit my heavy duty full-time blue-collar job to occupy myself more with classes/school, and as they say "academia".
Mind you, this isn't just me breaking out of the cycle of constant abuse and servitude, which was doomed to determine what I am as a person and as a worker.

Just like I've written in my earlier posts, this job was showing me all the tell-tale signs of a job that I had to quit. To reinstate and reiterate or to give you a better picture:

- I was working at a heavy-duty land clearing/landscaping job in addition to attending classes full-time
- I had been there for almost 3 years, but for some reason it felt like a lifetime (don't know why)
- The job was at times stressful and laborious without much of a reward and quite a bit of BS to deal with
- My degree plan isn't even closely related to this former job of mine

Finally, I've made the decision to quit a couple of weeks ago, and I've finally done it this week; it was my last week there. It's absolutely insane how nearly 3 years can drag on forever, and make it seem like an eternity of a vacuum of time that I was literally getting sucked into. Not feeling even slightly zealous or vindictive-like, I have to tell you, folks, I am glad to have done it. It was a calculated move on my part, considering school and other goals, and I've left on good terms.

Now I'm thinking.. What direction or what path should I take on now? How should I direct myself better to achieve my goals of getting an education?
Is it worth getting another day-job or could I do without one? What would your suggestions be?
-GOOD JOB DUMB ASS-
It takes money to go to school. How the f**k will you go to school or go overseas without an income $$$ ???

Don't worry there is no job (career) waiting for you when you graduate. And if you are lucky to get a career after graduating it is just another shitty job.

WELL DONE :roll: Another product of our worthless American education system. Quit your job, go to college you cannot afford, and graduate to not get a job like everyone else :idea: BRILLIANT!
TruthOrConsequences
Freshman Poster

Post by TruthOrConsequences »

Moretorque, I'm not training for a job. I'm merely taking Math and Science classes at a local community college in hopes to get a high-enough GPA to transfer somewhere one day.

jamesbond, it should be enough for a couple of months at the very least. I understand why most people hate their jobs and everything. The fact that irritates me the most is how over time you tend to get just as judgmental and bitter like most working-class people.

Jonny Law, there's this thing called scholarships, grants and financial aid, in case you have never heard about it. Plus, as I've been reading about, there are alternative ways to making an income other than having a regular day-time job. Imagine that!
Besides, I might as well get super thrifty and scavenger-like to make it in life, surviving off of credit and money that you don't have much like what the Americans do with their pathetic little lives..
Jusqu'au bout a tout prix..
w.p.o.
Freshman Poster

Post by w.p.o. »

TruthOrConsequences wrote:Moretorque, I'm not training for a job. I'm merely taking Math and Science classes at a local community college in hopes to get a high-enough GPA to transfer somewhere one day.

jamesbond, it should be enough for a couple of months at the very least. I understand why most people hate their jobs and everything. The fact that irritates me the most is how over time you tend to get just as judgmental and bitter like most working-class people.

Jonny Law, there's this thing called scholarships, grants and financial aid, in case you have never heard about it. Plus, as I've been reading about, there are alternative ways to making an income other than having a regular day-time job. Imagine that!
Besides, I might as well get super thrifty and scavenger-like to make it in life, surviving off of credit and money that you don't have much like what the Americans do with their pathetic little lives..
Good luck. One third of the country is out of work (last time 1/3 of the country was out of work was during the great depression). The pos in the white house killed the job market so bad, college grads will find themselves with very few jobs to choose from (if any at all). To make matters worse, many companies are looking for cheap labor (illegal aliens hired over americans AND americans being replaced by illegals). Since the college tuitions are through the roof, grads will be in debt with the banks until they're in their 50s/60s! Unfortunately not everyone can get financial aid. The jerks who's in charge are so stingy that they set standards to where only those who are in dire poverty can qualify. "I'm sorry, you make too much money..." and all that crap. If I could do it over again, I would've never gone. I would've gone into fashion (I've been sketching since I was 13 and obsessed with fashion since 12). I'd take my 17 year old ass to italy and never look back.
Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Moretorque »

wpo, YOUR ONLY 17 ? I feel for you.

At least you are awake to a degree. WPO forget about the politicians. This is a world wide hit job on free markets by the creditor class. They are hoping everybody will be Sooo stupid and believe their made up history so they can foist more $hit sandwiches down our throats like WW 3 coming up over what will amount to nothing but lies and their greed for total world domination.
Time to Hide!
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

w.p.o. wrote:Good luck. One third of the country is out of work (last time 1/3 of the country was out of work was during the great depression). The pos in the white house killed the job market so bad, college grads will find themselves with very few jobs to choose from (if any at all).
I just heard a report on the news that said in America, 50% of college graduates are either unemployed or underemployed! :shock:

Also, 25% of all Americans are working at entry level jobs! :shock:

I thought the recession ended in June of 2009 (according to Obama). I guess we are still in a recession. :roll:
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Moretorque »

Taco is right, this country is fixing to go down. The Petro $ is this country and it's going down!

The Shanghai gold exchange opens tomorrow and this is probably the end of America as the world reserve currency.... We are going to see major major inflation on our imports shortly....

People need to understand this financial system is a gigantic con job and we the sheep are to be fleeced!
Time to Hide!
w.p.o.
Freshman Poster

Post by w.p.o. »

Moretorque wrote:wpo, YOUR ONLY 17 ? I feel for you.

At least you are awake to a degree. WPO forget about the politicians. This is a world wide hit job on free markets by the creditor class. They are hoping everybody will be Sooo stupid and believe their made up history so they can foist more $hit sandwiches down our throats like WW 3 coming up over what will amount to nothing but lies and their greed for total world domination.
I graduated highschool in 1999. I'm a hell of a lot more awake than you brother!

Your last sentence isn't accurate. I said it before and I'll say it again: If you don't know history, you're doomed to repeat the mistakes of history. What is going on now are the same that stimulated WWI AND WWII. The difference is that we have the luxury of learning from history (what was done, what wasn't done, the results of the action or inaction, etc). Unfortunately, our politicians (especially the bums in DC) don't know $hit about history. The old saying goes "you learn from your mistakes." History is simply a guideline. It also serves as evidence - which really comes in handy when you find yourself in an argument with a historically challenged know-it-all.
w.p.o.
Freshman Poster

Post by w.p.o. »

jamesbond wrote:
w.p.o. wrote:Good luck. One third of the country is out of work (last time 1/3 of the country was out of work was during the great depression). The pos in the white house killed the job market so bad, college grads will find themselves with very few jobs to choose from (if any at all).
I just heard a report on the news that said in America, 50% of college graduates are either unemployed or underemployed! :shock:

Also, 25% of all Americans are working at entry level jobs! :shock:

I thought the recession ended in June of 2009 (according to Obama). I guess we are still in a recession. :roll:
Correctamundo.

The government media complex strikes again. This corrupt/fraudulent administration screws up the numbers and then passes down the inaccurate poll numbers to the left wing liberal media that gets its orders from this administration (government media complex), and brainwashes everyone who doesn't know any better. Anyone who depends on abc, nbc, cbs, msnbc, cnn (lamestream media) for their news are doomed to be misled. People like you and I come along and tell them something different, and they call us crazy.

If 1/3 of the nation is out of work, how can unemployment be 5%? A contradiction in every sense of the word. They don't take into account the people who are no longer receiving unemployment benefits, those who have given up looking for work and those who decided to work for themselves (mowing their neighbors lawn). There ARE job openings, of course. Unfortunately they are PART TIME jobs.

Again, the last time 1/3 of the country was out of work was during the depression. That being said, does that make this a depression? Just a thought.
Jonny Law
Experienced Poster

Post by Jonny Law »

TruthOrConsequences wrote:Moretorque, I'm not training for a job. I'm merely taking Math and Science classes at a local community college in hopes to get a high-enough GPA to transfer somewhere one day.

You Sir are a sucker.
If you have no income being super thrifty is a useless skill.
Surviving off credit? Genius :idea: ! By the way your future is screwed and your education is worthless. Congrats.

Hey, there is no cure for stupid.
Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Moretorque »

w.p.o. wrote:
Moretorque wrote:wpo, YOUR ONLY 17 ? I feel for you.

I graduated highschool in 1999. I'm a hell of a lot more awake than you brother!

Your last sentence isn't accurate. I said it before and I'll say it again: If you don't know history, you're doomed to repeat the mistakes of history. What is going on now are the same that stimulated WWI AND WWII. The difference is that we have the luxury of learning from history (what was done, what wasn't done, the results of the action or inaction, etc). Unfortunately, our politicians (especially the bums in DC) don't know $hit about history. The old saying goes "you learn from your mistakes." History is simply a guideline. It also serves as evidence - which really comes in handy when you find yourself in an argument with a historically challenged know-it-all.
The politicians are not in charge, the corporations are and tell the politicians what to do. The credit monopoly owns controlling stocks in the corporations that make it all go, The political class is just a TV show the creditor class puts on to make you believe they are in charge when in reality once you give your ability to coin money up you can no longer facilitate trade on a large scale and your economic and national sovereignty no longer exist.

To prove this point go look at what happened in the 2008 2009 economic crisis with the bailouts, congress supposedly granted a 700 billion bailout to prop the system up when in reality the Banks were already handing out trillions starting back in 2007 thru 2010 to the tune of over 16 trillion. You can go to Bernie Sanders website and take a look at it. Why would the creditor class do this ?????, so if bastille day ever arrives you go after the politicians and not the real ruling class.

I know all about WW 1 and 2, all the corporations making the Nazi party go were owned by the operators out of the CITI and Wall Street. Who were the receivers of Germany after WW 1 ?????? our rulers are the greatest con men ever. Hitler was never truly in charge even though he may have thought he was.

Lenin stated he was not really in charge of the Soviet Union even though he was supposedly the absolute dictator, he claimed the country was following another path than his own will.

The CREDIT MONOPOLY, the 5th plank of the communist manifesto. Lenin stated this would get you 90% of the way to communism and he literally found this to be the case when he was powerless because he did not control the Russian system of credit the West did..........
Time to Hide!
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Post by xiongmao »

Definitely get a CAREER. I work with some young interns and they're just starting out doing IT helpdesk stuff. They're on joke money right now but if they read a few books and do a few courses then they can earn the decent money that I get. Young people in my last job did this (but in a different niche) and got $12K payrises. The best of them got a $35K bonus. All it takes is a bit of commitment.

If you're at all geeky then start like this by just answering the phones and move to networks, hardware or programming. But there's plenty of other careers - my ex married a dude who love fixing cars and he's got a much bigger house than I have.
I was Happier Abroad for a while but Covid killed that off.
Fed up with being foreveralone.jpg? Check out my comprehensive directory of dating sites.
Love Chinese girls? Read my complete guide to Chinese dating.