Positives About America?

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
Wolfeye
Experienced Poster

Positives About America?

Post by Wolfeye »

I know that these get melted-down or out-balanced by the negatives as a general rule, but what do you guys things the positives are about America? For me, I'd have to lead with gun laws being much looser. I'd say that the traditions that are so stereotypical (in a good way) about America are generally MUCH more emblematic of the places these people or their ancestors came from (honor, intelligence, having the balls to fight bad odds, even independent decision-making). The paranoia is only double-edged because there's plenty of cause for it here (the government is always trying something & so are businesses, for all there's a difference here).

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Eric
Experienced Poster

Re: Positives About America?

Post by Eric »

It's got the best open land and natural scenery available that there is
There is still a lot of space left
We have lot of natural resources
The people are naive and gullible and well meaning (only positive trait)

It's about to end
Misery and happiness are only states of mind.
bostero
Freshman Poster

Post by bostero »

Free speech. You can't be imprisoned for telling a racial joke here, or for winking at a chick. I'm looking at you, Britain and Germany...
Wolfeye
Experienced Poster

Post by Wolfeye »

bostero: On paper, you DO have free speech- in practice, it's getting dicey. Still more than Britain or Germany, though. I'd imagine it's a race crime to fight off a Middle Eastern or African attacker in Germany- never mind protecting your kid.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on December 17th, 2019, 10:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

The variety of the food here. Yum! It's no wonder I wind up gaining a ton of weight whenever I head back to the U.S.
Jonny Law
Experienced Poster

Post by Jonny Law »

zboy1 wrote:The variety of the food here. Yum! It's no wonder I wind up gaining a ton of weight whenever I head back to the U.S.
Food is wonderful- Over Priced and filled with GMO.
http://draxe.com/genetically-modified-f ... rly-death/

Yum Yum Yum
drealm
Junior Poster

Post by drealm »

[1] America has a moderately free market. Places like Hong Kong score higher but they are also corrupt.

[2] America has a moderately high honesty index. Yes there is corruption at the top but an average cop isn't going to shake you down like in Mexico. Also you will not be screwed in business like in China. There are places with a higher honesty index like Denmark, but these places are less free market.

[3] America has diversity. So even if most of the country has laws you do not like you can find states with laws that you agree with more. California and Texas for example might as well be different countries. So even if America is decaying, it is not decaying uniformly either in speed or result. It is a big enough place that you can find somewhere different and forget the rest of the country.

[4] There is legal, historical and cultural precedent for free speech and freedom in general. A country like Russia may not be politically correct, which gives the appearance of freedom but you can still be thrown in prison for violating blasphemy laws where you talk about Putin's family.

[5] Things still work. It may not be this way in 20 years but the electricity, water, phone lines and roads still work better than somewhere like Mexico. This is an inherited result of coming from a previously well organized society.

[6] America is a post Christian society. This means people may say they are an atheist or claim to be non-religious but they still act like Christians at times. So for example if someone is injured and in public your average person will feel obligated to help. This is not like China where people will step over you. In fact there have been cases in China where someone tried helping a stranger and then they were sued, so now most people don't help. In China people don't care about people outside their clan. America is not a clan based society.
The_Adventurer
Experienced Poster

Post by The_Adventurer »

Infrastructure is an important one. I have experienced only one blackout in all my years in America, as opposed to one or two per month in Philippines or China. In American, when you get thing like phone, internet, gas, water etc. they just work. You don't need to know how it works nor have some guy coming out for maintenance often. You can just use it and it work. Always.

High speed internet in America is great. Unless you've been to Japan or Korea, you likely haven't experienced better. And it works all the time. In the Philippines we would actually get two lines, one from each of the major providers, so that when one was down, we could rely not he other.

Cars, gas and electronics are all cheap. I would never think to own a car in Asia. Electronics depends on who makes them and where you are buying them. Buying a 100" Samsung TV may be dreamy cheap in Korea, but nowhere else. Only in America might you get close to that Korea price.

No strings sex was easier to get. In Asia, it is, of course, easier to get girls, but, in my experience, if a girl hops into bed, even if she says its casual, she is hoping to tie the man down and get him in a relationship leading to marriage. In America, you could bang a girl who didn't care if she ever saw you again after that.

Mexican food. Haven't found good Mexican food in any other country. (Of course I mean fake TexMex, not real Mexican food)

Texas! Last time i was there was in the late 90's but it was still open, friendly, with awesome live music clubs and bars, and walking with a groups of guys, a random group of girls would come up to you and start chatting and we could all go to a club together. This was in Austin. Before I left USA, I thought long and hard about just going there again. Unfortunately, I have heard bad stories about it going downhill.

Pizza, pancakes, waffles... can't remember the last time I had a good one. (I can make pancakes from scratch, but good luck finding a decent maple syrup)

Hollywood - No better movies, TV shows, games and other entertainment are made anywhere on the planet.

In fact, I would turn things around and say there are only three bad things in America. The social scene, political BS and the cost of living. Sadly, these three things just happen to be very important to a happy life.
“Booty is so strong that there are dudes willing to blow themselves up for the highly unlikely possibility of booty in another dimension." -- Joe Rogan
Wolfeye
Experienced Poster

Post by Wolfeye »

The_Adventurer: So why did you finally take off? I definitely don't think I'll be able to get things going well & not have it be self-defeating. Even if I found a woman that things were good with, I had kids with her, and everything goes fine- I don't think that I'd ever be able to enjoy it & I'd probably be working so much that it would be something of a side-project.

The Bureaucratic Insanity (title of a book about the subject, as well as a pervasive condition in the United States) is a lot of what I'm looking to move because of. Having an increasingly menacing & high-maintenance environment is not conducive to starting a family or living life in general. It's to the point where I don't see the point in working my ass off to go & get a place to live that I can take a woman back to & get a car (with insurance) to do all this with- pretty much the whole lifestyle here. Of course, since reality isn't really much of a factor anymore, there's always the concept of random prison stays. Not looking to have my kid grow up in a country that will massively overreact to drug offense that didn't even happen!
The_Adventurer
Experienced Poster

Post by The_Adventurer »

Wolfeye wrote:The_Adventurer: So why did you finally take off? I definitely don't think I'll be able to get things going well & not have it be self-defeating. Even if I found a woman that things were good with, I had kids with her, and everything goes fine- I don't think that I'd ever be able to enjoy it & I'd probably be working so much that it would be something of a side-project.
And that is precisely why I took off. I believe that if you're going to do something, you have to go all in. I think it was Napoleon Hill who said that if you plan to work a job and do "your thing" as a side business, chances are it will forever remain a side business. The cost of living in America made it next to impossible to take the plunge and go all in doing my own works. At the time I left, I was lucky if I made $300 per month on my website and indie projects. In the Philippines, that was something I could work with, full time, and grow into something bigger and better.

In America, I don't see how raising a family can be anything but a side project, since work is life there. The very possibility of doing so never entered my mind. Before leaving, I worked under the assumption that I will never marry and never have kids. It was only because of experiences outside of America that I began to believe it was possible.

It does depend heavily on what your goal is though. If raising a family is the priority, you will work just enough to provide for that family and spend the majority of your time doing that. Of course you must be careful to find a girl who can accept that. In China, it seems, a girl may very well expect you to work more and more, chasing larger and larger salaries regardless of whether or not it means you spend less and less time with the family you wish to raise.

In my case, it is difficult to prioritise something like that, as I sometimes feel that my happiness will, instead, come from creating a media property the equivalent of a Game of Thrones or Harry Potter.
“Booty is so strong that there are dudes willing to blow themselves up for the highly unlikely possibility of booty in another dimension." -- Joe Rogan
Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Moretorque »

If the Yellow Stone Caldera goes off up to 2/3 of America could be obliterated... :D
Time to Hide!
travelsouth
Freshman Poster

Post by travelsouth »

Mid sized towns in the midwest really are fine. If all you need to do is import a woman that's really not that bad of a deal. Property is pretty cheap. Young women are pretty easy. Hell you can even figure out a way to get two women together if that's the goal. The economy and jobs while not everyone is happy about it is why guys like me have big wallets in Latin America.

I really have no complaints. I don't need to gringa, and I can intelligently tell one to butt out when and if needed.
Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Moretorque »

You could very well have several feet of good fertile ash to grow the crops in coming up in the mid west also. :shock:
Time to Hide!
Wolfeye
Experienced Poster

Post by Wolfeye »

The_Adventurer: See I don't see chasing larger & larger salaries despite not spending time with the family. And so she can do what? Show up the other women? I've got to imagine it's a situation where all those wives just get together & talk like friends, but act like enemies. Oddly enough- they seem to do that to be competitive for men, like how guys try to show each other up to impress women. YET, these chicks are already married. Is it just wanting more & more & more, but not actually trying to accomplish that- just to satisfy the urge a little bit?