Speed Dating in the Philippines

Discuss dating, relationships and foreign women.
Zambales
Experienced Poster

Re: Speed Dating in the Philippines

Post by Zambales »

You have to act. Wow. I would have never have guessed that in a million years. Thanks for the patronizing advice!

Why do you think men pay to go to speed dating events? To stand around scratching their arse for the entirety?

They have a matter of minutes to speak with a woman alone so obviously they'll be noticed. Yes, it helps to make a good impression, but it works both ways. It's not just about what she's looking for, is it? And anyway, your idea of a good impression might not be hers so there's absolutely no guarantee you'll be succesful especially as there's immediate competition around.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

ComingSoon
Freshman Poster

Post by ComingSoon »

I did not say it was a total waste of time and I did leave with more than one girls digits. Furthermore one of them text me many time over the next two weeks and I just could not seem to make time for her. Probably because, as I said, she was average. I said that three were "somewhat attractive", not really what I was after. If there were three hotties and if got the phone number for one of them I would have been happy. For me the speed dating event was a disappointment because there were not that many hotties. Older, not attractive, out of shape. There were plenty of guys there maybe 30 or more and some seem to be interested in the average girls more than me so after it was over I mingles a bit, got the numbers of two I think and left.

I am new to the forum and you guys are quite hard on each other. One word that is not accurate in someones opinion and you pounce on them. Not just this post but throughout. I give my opinion of the speed dating event and Zambules starts his reply with "wrong". Sorry I dont think I was wrong. I formed an opinion of my experience and shared it with the original person that asks. No big deal really, just looks like some guys are just always negative.
Zambales
Experienced Poster

Post by Zambales »

ComingSoon wrote:
Zambules starts his reply with "wrong". Sorry I dont think I was wrong. I formed an opinion of my experience and shared it with the original person that asks. No big deal really, just looks like some guys are just always negative.
I think you've got it mixed up. It was Jester who said that but he didn't direct that at you.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

OK sorry if I came on harsh.

Zambales, youre right about the nature of the event. If you look at the cold hard staitstics, then gender ratios and stuff do matter.

I just look at it a different way. ComingSoon just posted that "somewhat attractive" means he wasn't interested. Well DAMN. To me that's the whole thing. If there is someone I could fall in love with, it was worth going and taking the shot. If there was NOONE I was interested in -- as we now understand to be the case -- then yeah, it was a waste of time. Regardless of how many people were there of either sex.

I am looking for MY TYPE, not just anyone with tits and a cooze.
"Well actually, she's not REALLY my daughter. But she does like to call me Daddy... at certain moments..."
gsjackson
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by gsjackson »

Jester wrote:OK sorry if I came on harsh.

Zambales, youre right about the nature of the event. If you look at the cold hard staitstics, then gender ratios and stuff do matter.

I just look at it a different way. ComingSoon just posted that "somewhat attractive" means he wasn't interested. Well DAMN. To me that's the whole thing. If there is someone I could fall in love with, it was worth going and taking the shot. If there was NOONE I was interested in -- as we now understand to be the case -- then yeah, it was a waste of time. Regardless of how many people were there of either sex.

I am looking for MY TYPE, not just anyone with breasts and a cooze.
I can go weeks (months in the U.S.), venturing out in public every day, and not see my type. Didn't see a single attractive woman (to me) in three weeks in Thailand. That's why my mind is just boggled by being here in Turda, Romania, a city of only 45,000, and seeing a handful every day. It's just amazing. Stunningly attractive women. Something in the water, or their world-famous salt mine?

Jester, did you ever get the post I submitted on your working out thread? I never saw it post anywhere. Got an answer for motivation problems.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

(1) Note to self:
Turda Romania.
(and remember to send GS Jackson a postcard)

(2) No I dont think your post showed up on that thread. I'll try to do an internal google, but my self-improvement-type threads get buried FAST here. Anyway, I'll start a new one if I don't find it. so we can hear what you have to say.
"Well actually, she's not REALLY my daughter. But she does like to call me Daddy... at certain moments..."
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

gsjackson wrote:
Jester, did you ever get the post I submitted on your working out thread? I never saw it post anywhere. Got an answer for motivation problems.
OK I dug till I found it

http://www.happierabroad.com/forum/view ... 88#p254988

Please do add your comment (and link to your blog as well)

As I said above I need the kick in the ass right now
Zambales
Experienced Poster

Post by Zambales »

Jester wrote:OK sorry if I came on harsh.

I am looking for MY TYPE, not just anyone with breasts and a cooze.
No problem Jester.

I was just interested in how many guys went and I'm actually surprised the women outnumbered the men by nearly two to one. Maybe the event is in it's infancy and not many people know about it or perhaps it's got a reputation already for attracting average looking females.

Having said that, ComingSoon's description of them might differ to someone else's although it's probably safe to say it's a rough indication of what to expect. I'd still go if I was in the area. Who knows? The next event may attract one or two hotties and only ten guys turn up! :P
ComingSoon
Freshman Poster

Post by ComingSoon »

I love the Romanian look. Love small women. I am sure I would find many that are my type but are they interested in a 53 year old American? Are they easy to bed? Whats the game plan when in Romania.
gsjackson
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by gsjackson »

ComingSoon wrote:I love the Romanian look. Love small women. I am sure I would find many that are my type but are they interested in a 53 year old American? Are they easy to bed? Whats the game plan when in Romania.
Most of what I have to say relevant to these questions is in an anecdote in the How Older Men can Attract Younger Women thread. As far as easy to bed, I don't think Romania has the rep of a one-night stand or same-day pulls culture, though I wonder in the anecdote whether I missed a spectacular opportunity along those lines. If an American woman had shot the same ten-second, wordless look I got from the Romanian chick, you know you're getting laid in only as long as it takes to find a convenient venue.

And a big yes sir on the "Romanian look." One stunner after another. Or maybe it's just the way they hit my eye. I don't think many of them wear very much makeup, which is very much my preference.