How are Thailand & the Philippines?

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
Wolfeye
Experienced Poster

How are Thailand & the Philippines?

Post by Wolfeye »

Hey, everyone. Was asking Jester about how it was in Thailand & figured I'd start a new thread, since I'm also wondering about the Philippines & he didn't want to take that existing thread too far off-course. The question's in the title, but more specifically I'm wondering about life for a white guy over there (specific dos & don'ts, how things are going with the muslims, money, women, food pros & cons, etc...). I still figure I'll head for Eastern Europe or maybe Latin America, but I think Asia might have some cool parts to it.
HenryF
Freshman Poster

Re: How are Thailand & the Philippines?

Post by HenryF »

I am not a big fan of Thailand, as Thais dont like to speak English and in general are not that open to foreigners.

I will be in Manila in 2 weeks. Anybody else there too, please shoot me a message. I am 36 and from Germany.

I am new to this forum - is there any way I can update my profile here? thanx.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

HenryF wrote:I am not a big fan of Thailand, as Thais dont like to speak English and in general are not that open to foreigners.

I will be in Manila in 2 weeks. Anybody else there too, please shoot me a message. I am 36 and from Germany.

I am new to this forum - is there any way I can update my profile here? thanx.
Our advisor rock lives in southern manila. You can PM him to see if he wants to meet up with you.

To update your profile just click on the user control panel link at the top of the forum. From there its self explanatory. Let me know if you have any questions.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Wolfeye wrote:Hey, everyone. Was asking Jester about how it was in Thailand & figured I'd start a new thread, since I'm also wondering about the Philippines & he didn't want to take that existing thread too far off-course. The question's in the title, but more specifically I'm wondering about life for a white guy over there (specific dos & don'ts, how things are going with the muslims, money, women, food pros & cons, etc...). I still figure I'll head for Eastern Europe or maybe Latin America, but I think Asia might have some cool parts to it.
Basically the consensus of most expats is that Thailand is better for food, infrastructure, p4p value (sex for money), and sex skills of p4p girls, go go bars, tourist activities and value for money. But Philippines is better for finding a sweet caring girlfriend or wife and has more English speakers. But Thai girls are more cold and not as good for relationships. Rock and I came to those conclusions as well. Listen to our podcast about it here:

http://www.happierabroad.com/podcasts/T ... inston.mp3

However, some expats say Thailand is good for finding a wife or girlfriend too, if they themselves have found one. For example, Scott Mallon, aka An American in Bangkok, claims Thailand is good for women as well. He has many dos and don'ts for white guys on his website, podcasts and videos at:

http://www.anamericaninbangkok.com

However, if you are looking for info on the Philippines, there are already MANY MANY threads about the Philippines here already. You can search for them or read the sticky threads in the Asian forum. Thus you didn't need to start a new thread about the Philippines.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne