Why did 17 Million Students Go To College?

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Taco »

8,000 waiters and waitresses have a Phd.

http://chronicle.com/blogs/innovations/ ... to-college
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Why did 17 Million Students Go To College?

Post by jamesbond »

Taco wrote:8,000 waiters and waitresses have a Phd.

Also, a lot of people who went to good colleges and got good grades are working in retail, fast food and telemarketing jobs. I never used my college degree (majored in psychology) I got good grades too.

It's true, college is a scam and more americans are finally coming to that conclusion.
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
Mr.Darcy
Freshman Poster

Post by Mr.Darcy »

It is because they majored in some liberal arts major. I have questioned college grads working at places they shouldnt be what their major was and it was all some bs liberal arts major. Some of these majors I have never heard of.
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

I know a guy who has an MBA and graduated on the honor roll and he is now working in a call center! :shock:

So, it's not just people who majored in "liberal arts" even people with business degrees and accounting degrees are working in shitty jobs! :shock:
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
S_Parc
Veteran Poster

Post by S_Parc »

jamesbond wrote:I know a guy who has an MBA and graduated on the honor roll and he is now working in a call center! :shock:

So, it's not just people who majored in "liberal arts" even people with business degrees and accounting degrees are working in shitty jobs! :shock:
It's the whole idea that colleges mass produce graduates and then, employers cherry pick exactly the right person, with the right profile, etc, for whatever positions they have. Usually, the education/coursework has little to do with it.

Only a dozen years ago, we had paralegals with HS diplomas and some community college/AA work under their belts. Today, the same paralegal is suppose to present a bachelors degree in some worthless ancient basket-weaving major, to be seen as proper in a white collar setting. What changed in the past dozen years, where that education in ancient Persian or Babylonian baskets became practical? Nothing at all. It's just that there were so many college grads that HR depts decided to make being a 'white collar' paralegal, a degree-ed profession.
Many years ago, the Best Picture of 1999, "American Beauty", telegraphed the message of Happier Abroad to the world.

Beware of long term engagements with AWs, you may find yourself in a coffin.

AB discussion thread

BTW, despite settling down with an AW, myself, the warning is still in effect.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on May 16th, 2020, 2:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Teal Lantern
Veteran Poster

Post by Teal Lantern »

In by-gone eras, it was tulips, gold mines, and railroads.
More recently, dot coms, housing, and now higher-ed, the last ones to buy in always get hosed.

Want to make money on a gold mine? Sell the mining equipment.
Want to make money in higher-ed? Sell the course materials.
не поглеждай назад. 8)

"Even an American judge is unlikely to award child support for imputed children." - FredOnEverything
onethousandknives
Junior Poster

Post by onethousandknives »

To look like I was "doing something with my life" because random adults thought I was a lazy POS who just worked out all day and cooked. Thankfully I'm stopping after this one semester trial as it's useless and pointless and even for free it's not cost effective compared to CLEP just for the sheer driving and time it requires.
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

The average college graduate will have $ 30,000 in student loans when they graduate. It will take them 10 to 15 years to pay that off (these loans accrue interest monthly). On top of that, they will probably not being able to put any money away for savings or retirement during those 10 to 15 years that they are paying off their student loans.

I heard a report on the news recently that stated, 50% of college graduates are either unemployed or underemployed. :shock:

Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama »

This is collusion between the government, bankers and larger institutes of "learning" (more like programming and regurgitation). This needs to become known because, just like television, college is an indoctrination center that ruins lives, with their mandatory women's studies and non-western courses. Life for everyone would be better if almost no one went there (and turned off their TV while under age 25).

For those lurkers who still have trust, everything you've been taught your whole life is based on lies, and often the opposite is true. Yes, the owners of this world simply want to further enslave everyone, while dividing them with feminism and racial issues of no importance. Income tax isn't enough for them. They also want to make debt slaves even before people have earned $1 as an employee. They want to turn everyone into a slave in order to become a slave; get into debt before becoming a worker drone. That's how screwed up our owners are. So you don't think they'd lie about everything from A to Z? Well, they are. You could name practically any cultural phenomenon they've brainwashed us with, you'll find that it is either a blatant hoax altogether (like professional sports, which are rigged, to staged fake shootings) to reality being the complete opposite of what they claim.
A good man is above pettiness. He is better than that.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on July 30th, 2019, 11:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Teal Lantern
Veteran Poster

Post by Teal Lantern »

jamesbond wrote:The average college graduate will have $ 30,000 in student loans when they graduate. It will take them 10 to 15 years to pay that off (these loans accrue interest monthly).
If she's pretty and not a ham planet, a couple years of GFE/sugar-babying should knock that debt right out. :mrgreen:
не поглеждай назад. 8)

"Even an American judge is unlikely to award child support for imputed children." - FredOnEverything
w.p.o.
Freshman Poster

Post by w.p.o. »

They wanted to go broke. A perfect punchline if you ask me. One third of the nation is out of work. Perhaps they didn't get the memo.

Like I tell people, all I got was a piece of paper and a wiped out bank account. If I could do it over again... Italy baby! Get paid to wear nice clothes.
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

Here are a couple of interesting comments to the article, posted one right after the other.

williamwilliam • 3 years ago
Women outnumber men now in university. I think this is partly based on admissions policy, but am increasingly thinking it's based on men's more inate ability to sense the true ROI of education. The latter stages of almost every bubble has women piling in: real estate, stocks, etc always have women stampeding into the latter stages of a bubble, borrowing money along the way. The press usually touts this latter stage of 'women's progress' in a man's world.

Guest • 3 years ago
Degrees in Lady Ga Ga study, alternative lifestyle study (a.k.a.homo studies)
PhD in multiculturalism (a.k.a. hate against white European) Tolerance study (a.k.a. poor misunderstood serial killer/rapist)
Women study (a.k.a. Lifestyle of bull-dykes & how to be one)
This is YOUR EDUCATION TODAY IN YOUR CAMPUSES!
gnosis
Freshman Poster

Post by gnosis »

There are simply fewer jobs available. A lot of work has been automated or outsourced. The flood of H-1B visa holders and illegal immigrants doesn't help either.