1 in 6 men in South Korea will not be able to find a wife

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
chanta76
Experienced Poster

1 in 6 men in South Korea will not be able to find a wife

Post by chanta76 »

http://english.chosun.com/site/data/htm ... 00472.html

I have extended cousin in South Korea..and last I visited was last summer. I spoke to some of them about dating . Some of the Korean guys in Korea sound like you guys.. They worry about finding a girl or how stuck up Korean girls are or how a Korean girls wants too much. Considering the gender imbalance and how small the country is there is not too many choices for the Korean guy. There is a growing number of Korean men going overseas...I hear that to some extent Japan has this same problem.
The gender imbalance actually did something that the women rights fail to do back in the 1970's ..it actually raise the women value in Asia.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

droid
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: 1 in 6 men in South Korea will not be able to find a wif

Post by droid »

From your link:

The gender ratio is expected to worsen until 2018 and stabilize somewhat between 2019 to 2024, then worsen again from 2025 to 2037, when there will be over 10 percent more men at first marriage age than women.
The reason is that the traditional preference for male heirs was compounded by rampant abortions of female fetuses once ultrasound technology became available in the late 1980s.
An average of 30,000 female fetuses were aborted each year.

Excuse the crassness here but f**k THAT SH*T!!!
1)Too much of one thing defeats the purpose.
2)Everybody is full of it. What's your hypocrisy?
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama »

See, just because we are able to do something, it doesn't mean nature should be tampered with. Abortion? Who would think there could be nationwide or even worldwide consequence from women exercising their freedom to murder their own children en masse?
A good man is above pettiness. He is better than that.
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

When I was in South Korea in the mid-1990s, I don't know if there was a big gender imbalance, but I heard a lot of Korean women wanted to marry men with good jobs in the cities. Farmers imported ethnic Koreans from China, which was a poorer country back then, to be their brides. But in more recent years, I read that farmers imported Vietnamese and Filippinas to be their wives.

I had a friend who had an idea. Where in the world is it hard for women to get husbands? It's hard for black women in the US. Lots of black men die or end up in jail. So he had an idea to match black American women up with single Asian men. He was joking. I don't think a lot of skinny Chinese and Korean men are going to go for big, hefty inner city black women.
gofishus
Freshman Poster

Post by gofishus »

Lol. Koreans complain about that, but I feel worse for Chinese guys. There are maybe 120 guys to every 100 girls in China. They have it worse than Korea does. The Irony of Korean men marrying Chinese girls when there isn't enough available Chinese girls..
The_Adventurer
Experienced Poster

Post by The_Adventurer »

MrMan wrote: I had a friend who had an idea. Where in the world is it hard for women to get husbands? It's hard for black women in the US. Lots of black men die or end up in jail. So he had an idea to match black American women up with single Asian men. He was joking. I don't think a lot of skinny Chinese and Korean men are going to go for big, hefty inner city black women.
No need to. There are plenty of thinner, sweeter, African women here and a growing number of Chinese men are marrying them.
“Booty is so strong that there are dudes willing to blow themselves up for the highly unlikely possibility of booty in another dimension." -- Joe Rogan
chanta76
Experienced Poster

Post by chanta76 »

the_adventurer,

I think you got something there. Over seas Asian guys who work or live in Africa for extended period of time end up marrying a local girl. Even here in the USA where there is inter-racial imbalance of Asian girl with white guys and black men with white women..There are some groups pushing for black women and asian men. In reality it's rare but it does happen Asian men with black girls. With gender imbalance it can force that to happen more.
Teal Lantern
Veteran Poster

Post by Teal Lantern »

In a world with pre and extramarital sex, abortion on her demand, out-of-wedlock birth, paternity fraud, and his-fault divorce ... what benefit* will the 5/6 get by granting a woman the title of wife that the 1/6 cannot get?

* the rare "rich father-in-law" aside

Just to clarify (before some unibrow jumps in) the point of the paternity fraud & extramarital sex is to show a good looking single guy can still have sex & children (and maybe not have to pay for them) without getting married.
не поглеждай назад. 8)

"Even an American judge is unlikely to award child support for imputed children." - FredOnEverything
chanta76
Experienced Poster

Post by chanta76 »

teal Lantern,

That's the problem . They say supposedly a minority of guys get all the girls . With a gender imbalance it even makes it harder for the average decent guy.

The problem with South Korea is that the standards that they have nowadays is just plain crazy. I blame it on the media with all these pretty Korean boy bands and Korean drama. If you watch any random Korean drama they all have similar story line where it's this tall handsome romantic pretty Korean guy that rescues a poor Korean girl who happens to be helpless. Is it any wonder why Korean girls are so demanding? I should know my wife has some of these traits but I have to really put the breaks on those demands. There was a point where I would recommend Korea as a place to go but nowadays I'm not so sure. I can imagine it maybe still better than the west but for how long.
gofishus
Freshman Poster

Post by gofishus »

I don't think Korean girls are demanding. It depends on her appearance. Any pretty girl might be demanding but thats true of most countries in the world. Are pretty girls in USA, China, Europe, etc not demanding? Go look at youtube videos of Asian Boss. that channel interviews many Asians about different thoughts and you will notice the average girl in Korea is actually not that demanding. You are thinking about the really pretty gangnam ladies
gnosis
Freshman Poster

Post by gnosis »

The_Adventurer wrote:
MrMan wrote: I had a friend who had an idea. Where in the world is it hard for women to get husbands? It's hard for black women in the US. Lots of black men die or end up in jail. So he had an idea to match black American women up with single Asian men. He was joking. I don't think a lot of skinny Chinese and Korean men are going to go for big, hefty inner city black women.
No need to. There are plenty of thinner, sweeter, African women here and a growing number of Chinese men are marrying them.
Really? It's been my experience that Asians do not like blacks.
The_Adventurer
Experienced Poster

Post by The_Adventurer »

gnosis wrote:
The_Adventurer wrote:
How long ago was that experience?

The world is changing quite rapidly. Africans are traveling and doing business everywhere, especially all throughout Asia. People are getting more and more used to them. There are literally hundreds of thousands in southern China.

Thanks to American media and sports stars, there is a rapidly growing number of young people who even like blacks. A large section of Korean popular music imitates black popular culture.
“Booty is so strong that there are dudes willing to blow themselves up for the highly unlikely possibility of booty in another dimension." -- Joe Rogan
gnosis
Freshman Poster

Post by gnosis »

The_Adventurer wrote:
gnosis wrote:
The_Adventurer wrote:

The world is changing quite rapidly. Africans are traveling and doing business everywhere, especially all throughout Asia. People are getting more and more used to them. There are literally hundreds of thousands in southern China.

Thanks to American media and sports stars, there is a rapidly growing number of young people who even like blacks. A large section of Korean popular music imitates black popular culture.
Not that long ago. :)

Question for you: How many men do you know in China who would be happy to have their daughter marry a black?

My guess is not many.

Racial attitudes are not always expressed openly.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

The_Adventurer wrote:The world is changing quite rapidly. Africans are traveling and doing business everywhere, especially all throughout Asia. People are getting more and more used to them. There are literally hundreds of thousands in southern China.

Or, to put it another way, the world is going to hell in a hand basket. No news there.
The_Adventurer
Experienced Poster

Post by The_Adventurer »

gnosis wrote:
The_Adventurer wrote:
gnosis wrote:
The_Adventurer wrote:

Not that long ago. :)

Question for you: How many men do you know in China who would be happy to have their daughter marry a black?

My guess is not many.

Racial attitudes are not always expressed openly.
My guess would be ZERO (except for some known rich black sports star) But, then, how many would accept their daughter marrying any foreigner?

But we are talking about Chinese men marrying black women, usually African, and it is growing. Also tons of Chinese men, not of the affluent variety, are working various projects in Africa (building bridges, hospitals etc.) and marrying black women.