What does "being cool" in America mean exactly?

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: What does "being cool" in America mean exactly?

Post by jamesbond »

Winston wrote:Have any of you ever wondered what it means to "be cool" as Americans define it?
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
CB8
Freshman Poster

Post by CB8 »

Being cool means that enough people like you that followers/sheep think joining in on liking you will make them likeable to others.
Being uncool means that enough people dislike you that followers/sheep think joining in on disliking you will make them likeable to others.

A cool person is someone who is completely comfortable following societal rules and thrives flawlessly in American culture. They are at ease blending into American society. To us, we find such people extremely fake, repulsive, and we would avoid them. To the average American, these people are heroes and role models.
You can also be cool if you're different, but then, it's largely dependent on luck. Afterall, Americans have a low tolerance for originality of any kind.
Eric
Experienced Poster

Post by Eric »

It doesn't mean a damn thing. Because it means different things to different people - it's going to end up pissing certain people off, attracting others - and yet alienating others. It's not a good idea. Really being cool is believing in God, and in applying that knowledge. It's an inner thing that shows through you no matter what. It will attract girls to you - as well. It's the only real way in my opinion.

All these other ways have problems and setbacks - you have to sell your soul to do it, and ultimately not worth it; they are ultimately destructive. You will lose quality as a human man, and then girls won't want you - ironically. The more quality you have, the more girls you will attract. It's very basic.
Misery and happiness are only states of mind.
MatureDJ
Junior Poster

Post by MatureDJ »

Let's face the facts. By us being at this very forum, we are considered uncool by American women, or at least attractive American women.
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

MatureDJ wrote:Let's face the facts. By us being at this very forum, we are considered uncool by American women, or at least attractive American women.
This good looking American woman must think Winston is pretty cool. :lol:

"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Moretorque »

Mr. Wu, he is so handsome......... :D , I think I might be in love!
Time to Hide!
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

Moretorque wrote:Mr. Wu, he is so handsome......... :D , I think I might be in love!
Even dressed up like a clown, Winston is still very handsome! :lol:

jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

Winston want's to look pretty for the ladies. :lol:

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Well here's the dictionary definition. I guess it answers my question. lol

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/cool

: fashionable, stylish, or attractive in a way that is widely approved of

https://www.collinsdictionary.com/us/di ... glish/cool

7. ADJECTIVE
If you say that a person or thing is cool, you mean that they are fashionable and attractive.
[informal, approval]
He was trying to be really cool and trendy.
That's a cool hat.
Synonyms: fashionable, with it [old-fashioned, informal], hip [slang], stylish More Synonyms of cool
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

In part it means not using antiquated boomer terms like "cool". The latest term I am aware of is "based" but that has probably been supplanted.
Guhji
Freshman Poster

Post by Guhji »

Being "cool" means looking like Tom Brady, or his black, asian, hispanic equivalent. It's all about looks, today more than ever.
Tsar
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Tsar »

Cornfed wrote:
June 16th, 2021, 10:11 pm
In part it means not using antiquated boomer terms like "cool". The latest term I am aware of is "based" but that has probably been supplanted.
Does that mean if I use "based" (synonym for cool) then I will look younger? Would foreign girls most likely understand "cool" or "based"?
I'm a visionary and a philosopher king 👑
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

Tsar wrote:
June 18th, 2021, 2:46 pm
Cornfed wrote:
June 16th, 2021, 10:11 pm
Does that mean if I use "based" (synonym for cool) then I will look younger? Would foreign girls most likely understand "cool" or "based"?
Maybe. I have no idea. All I know is that five years ago the word was "based".
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

What does "based" mean? I never heard that as a substitute for cool. I only heard it used in the normal sense of the word, like "What are your beliefs based on?"
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne