Hello, everyone!

Introduce yourself here and let us know who you are.
Forum rules
Welcome. If you are new here, please read the Forum Rules.
skeptic
Freshman Poster

Hello, everyone!

Post by skeptic »

First of all, thanks to Winston for his interesting site and videos!

As my choice of username may suggest, I'm rather skeptical about this whole idea of global dating. Perhaps it's because I'm optimistic enough about the society that surrounds me locally, hoping that it's not as rotten and corrupted as you claim it is. Or perhaps it's because of my unwillingness to undergo difficulties and challenges associated with long-distance dating, such as time, cost, etc. Or maybe it's about the difficulty in overcoming the stereotypical perception of international dating as being "only for losers".

But, as someone who looks for truth, I'm open to hear what any you guys have to say about your reasons to look at that directioin, as well as your experiences and, most importantly, success stories that came out as a result of your global dating activity. Even though I don't believe in this approach now, I'm here to find out more about it from those of you who experienced it first-hand. If you prove it strongly enough, then, who knows, maybe I would consider it (even if it's only "just in case"). And if you don't, then I'll be thankful for you for proving myself right.
You can run away from America, but you CAN'T run away from yourself.
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

Welcome skeptic! We do have quite a few people on this board who have either visited foreign countries or currently live abroad and are dating foreign women. Winston grew up in the US and has visited quite a few countries and dated scores of foreign women. He says the Philippines (where he now lives) has provided him with the best opportunities to meet women.

I myself maybe going overseas someday to check out the "dating scene" abroad and compare that to the dating scene here in the US.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Welcome skeptic.

So why aren't my photos and videos enough to convince you? Don't they show you what I claim? Why or why not?

Have you seen these testimonials? They are very compelling and inspiring.

http://www.happierabroad.com/ebook/Page74b.htm

How are your results in the US? Have you approached women there? Or tried Match.com? If so, what happened?
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
skeptic
Freshman Poster

Post by skeptic »

I haven't played with match.com yet. Maybe if I find some free time for that, I'll run this experiment. As I wrote you via email, the videos show only one side of the story. Even you admit that, as a foreigner, you drew special attention from Russian girls just as an interesting person to talk to, which does not mean any of them was interested in dating you. As someone who spent the first 16 years of his life in the Soviet and, subsequently, post Soviet land, I can imagine how these same girls would react to a guy who is perceived by their American counterparts as a "creep". I don't believe that in Russia there are no "nice guys" who fail to draw girls' attetntion. None of your videos can convince me in that.

I also happened to see your video with Q&A, where someone asked you about the situation in New York City and you admitted that, yes, it does offer somewhat better dating and social environment for men than some typical American suburbia does, but that, except for fresh immigrants, New York girls have very high standards. That's an important point. If I had never been to America, I might have doubted whether or not to come here (especially for dating). But once I happen to be here for almost a half of my age already, I want to make it to their standards. I know other guys who made it (and they were not millionaires or movies stars), and I want the same. I just don't feel like giving up. It might not be an ideal society, but I happen to be a part of it, so I'm determined to succeed.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Oh yes I remember who you are.

FYI, I posted your letter here. You can see the responses to it and comment in the thread:

http://www.happierabroad.com/phpBB2/vie ... php?t=8208

Btw, I said that me being a novelty in Russia was a FACTOR, but it was not the only factor. You seem to jump to conclusions fast and assume that one factor is the only one. No way. The women there are a different breed altogether. See Ladislav's explanation and examples of that in the other thread here:

http://www.happierabroad.com/phpBB2/vie ... php?t=8261

The culture in Russia is more open and passionate in general anyway. You forget that fact.

You grew up in Belarus right? So you've never been to Russia and can't comment on that.

Sure you have a right to try to succeed where you are. I once felt that way too. But after repeated failures, even in the best case scenario where I found a compatible beautiful woman (like I did in Nevada), I gave up.

Another guy on here felt the same. He was skeptical about the claims on this site and thought they were too negative. But after a few more years of frustration, he gave up and came back, saying that we were right all along.

I don't remember where his thread was though.

But anyhow, you are free to succeed in your American culture. Let us know how that goes. Everyone is different. We do not represent the feelings of everyone in America. Some believe the opposite of what we do. You may be one of them. Or you may not. Only you can know that. Or you may be in between and stuck on the fence for good. That's another possibility.

In life, there is no "one solution fits all". You simply gotta try everything and see what works best for you.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
skeptic
Freshman Poster

Post by skeptic »

I've been to Moscow a lot of times (primarily before leaving for America, but also once in 2005). I was also once in then-Leningrad (I was only nine back then) and once in Voronezh. And regarding Belarus, so far it remains Russia's closest ally among all other ex-Soviet republics. So, I do have an idea of what Russia is about.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

skeptic wrote:I've been to Moscow a lot of times (primarily before leaving for America, but also once in 2005). I was also once in then-Leningrad (I was only nine back then) and once in Voronezh. And regarding Belarus, so far it remains Russia's closest ally among all other ex-Soviet republics. So, I do have an idea of what Russia is about.
Did you approach girls there or try it? And how many American girls have you approached? Why don't you try it yourself instead of sitting there and doubting? Doubt won't get you anywhere. Real life direct experience will.

Just try it. Go up to them and say "Excuse me. I think you're very attractive and I want to meet you."

Try that in both countries, everywhere, all the time.

DO IT!

Then see.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Hey skeptic,

Check out this article I found. Here is a part of it that addresses why foreign women are not friendlier just cause they want your money or a green card.

http://www.travelguideformen.com/blog/? ... your-money
So, what I want to do, is challenge you right now. I want you to go out into your neighborhood, or find someone in your job or in your social circle who is from one of these regions. I want you to find someone who basically grew up and has lived in Costa Rica, Colombia, Brazil, Philippines, Thailand, Ukraine, Russia, or any of the other countries located in those regions. And what I want you to do is talk to that person and ask them how the dating scene is back in their homeland. Maybe take them out for a beer and if it’s a guy, ask the dude, so how are the women back in your country?

I can put money, a lot of money that if you talk to a guy from another country, the guy will probably confirm that back in his country, the women are more attractive, friendlier and more accessible. And you can talk to any Colombian guy, Brazilian guy, Filipino guy, Russian guy, they will say the same thing. When it comes to women, you can’t beat their homeland.

But here is the funny thing. If you happen to meet a woman from these regions and you ask them the same thing. Most of these women will have an opposite view. They find that they like the dating scene, and the men of here a lot more then back at home. Don’t take my word for it. Do some research of your own. Talk to people that have traveled extensively, people that are from the regions that I describe in my material, and find out for your self.

So what’s my point in all of this? What I want to show you is that any man that comes from let’s say Costa Rica, will tell you that when he was in Costa Rica, he had a great time with women. He was in control. If he wanted flings, he had them. If he wanted something long term he had that too. Same goes for guys in Brazil and guys in Argentina, etc. Even better, when you travel, talk to some of the local Brazilian guys who still live down there, and they will confirm the same sentiment.

So my point is that all of the men down there have a great life, as far as women are concerned. This is all due to the fact that they happen to live in a place that offers them great advantages over the opposite sex. So if all of the Brazilian guys are doing great with women, and you step into the mix in Brazil, why wouldn’t you do good? If a regular Brazilian guy has success down there? Then why does everyone, attribute your success to gold digging? Aren’t you a man also?

My point is that all of the men down there enjoy these environmental advantages and the main reason that foreign women will be more open and friendly to you is because when you step into that environment, you automatically enjoy the same advantages that all of the other Latin American, Eastern European, and South East Asian men share.

Now the icing on the cake, is that as a man who speaks English, and traveling from an economically advanced nation, you will enjoy a positive perception from the women because of your culture, your native language, and where your coming from. This is just the added bonus, on top of the other advantages you will already have in your favor.

Return to “Introduce Yourself”