Philippines Fail Blog

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

They're probably talking about industrial production meant for freezing and exporting. The FDA would pass just about anything as food, while banning healthy supplements and remedies. We all know the story...

I very much doubt the shrimps I had in Davao had been farmed that way. I am still alive anyway to tell the story. All the food poisoning and all the hygiene-related infections (including a nasty staph, courtesy of a local gym) I have ever had in my life, I had in the UK.
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

publicduende wrote:
They're probably talking about industrial production meant for freezing and exporting. The FDA would pass just about anything as food, while banning healthy supplements and remedies. We all know the story...

I very much doubt the shrimps I had in Davao had been farmed that way. I am still alive anyway to tell the story. All the food poisoning and all the hygiene-related infections (including a nasty staph, courtesy of a local gym) I have ever had in my life, I had in the UK.
How many weeks or months of your life have you spent here in Asia vs. how many weeks or months of your life have you spent in UK? If you are just an extended vacationer or fly in a few days once in awhile for business, it's not surprising that you avoided serious illness.

I tend to eat a lot of salads, veggies, fruits, chicken, nuts, coconut and other oils, honey, some pork, and some types of fish. I do supplements and protein powder fruit smoothies too. I tolerate the fish available in Taiwan Thailand or even USA much better than here in Philippines. Part of the problem I have is that whenever they cook anything here, they often create massive amounts of smoke which also makes me sick. And parts of barbequed food here gets over-cooked (black) which I cannot tolerate.

As for seafood, I can only eat regular fish, not shellfish or anything exotic. When I was in Italy, I wouldn't even touch any of the seafood famous in various areas. It repulses me inside and out. It's just the way I am. On the few occasions where I've been forced to try things which don't agree with me out of business/social obligations, I would make a quick follow-up exit to the loo and throw-up.

When I eat what I feel comfortable with both short and long term, my health stays strong. I get thorough physicals and blood tests every year or so and my results are all good. Even my Vitamin D levels are very high and hormone levels all good too.
Will N. Dowd
Junior Poster

Re: Philippines Fail Blog

Post by Will N. Dowd »

The blog is still active and expanding, although forum posts remain very few.

They have quote about Filipino printed in the New York Times on the page from a long dead American that visited during the Philippine-American War:

Nicholas Longworth IV (November 5, 1869 – April 9, 1931) was an American politician in the Republican Party during the first few decades of the 20th century. He served as House Majority Leader from 1923 to 1925 and subsequently as Speaker of the United States House of Representatives from 1925 to 1931. Longworth visited the Philippines in 1905, and after his trip reported to the House of Representatives on the “Philippine Tariff Debate”. Some of his observations on the Filipino people during that report are worthy of note.

“I liked the Filipino better when I had read of him than I do now that I have seen him.” He remarked. “I like him better in the abstract than I do in the concrete”.

“I differ with my colleague Gen. Grosvenor, as to the brilliant future before the Philippines and the noble character of the Filipino people. I cannot believe there is any brilliant future for them, and with the exception of their love for family and home I cannot find anything noble in their character. I for one am not in favour of holding the islands a moment longer than we absolutely have to.I am in favour of turning them over to the Philippine nation at the first moment they prove to us that they are capable of governing themselves, and the sooner the better.”

“There are two prime characteristics of the Filipinos” he said, “which today render them absolutely unfit for self-government. The average Filipino mind can form no conception of the duty of officials to the people, and it can form no conception of the dignity of labor. The very fact that the Filipino is so shiftless, so worthless, so untrustworthy, and so helpless is all the more reason this Nation should reach out the helping hand to him.”

http://www.philippinefailblog.com/longw ... ince-1906/
Will N. Dowd
Junior Poster

Post by Will N. Dowd »

Sorry to say but it looks like this funny but very truthful blog this thread is about is dead:

http://www.philippinefailblog.com/

Perhaps the guy got threats and shut it down or he was found out and deported. It was becoming pretty active and was posting a lot and getting many comments and was even making fun of Duterte.

Soyummykaya.com is dead too:

http://www.soyummykaya.com/
starchild5
Veteran Poster

Post by starchild5 »

Will N. Dowd wrote:Sorry to say but it looks like this funny but very truthful blog this thread is about is dead:

Perhaps the guy got threats and shut it down or he was found out and deported. It was becoming pretty active and was posting a lot and getting many comments and was even making fun of Duterte.

Its a pattern now...Why do it always has to be a WHITE GUY...You go anywhere and you sh*t where you eat...there are 100 similar sites for Thailand created by WHITE GUYS...complaining about the perils of Thailand...they are starting with Cambodia now...

This is the problem with white race..they eventually destroy the place they come in.... :D ..there only solace is immigrants and refugees...and always quote...ohh if west is so bad..why everyone wants to come there....well..no intellectual worth one cent of brain cells would ever step foot in jewmerica or jewrope...

Soyummykaya was low life bottom feeding monger...he never liked Philippines..just cheap sex..he might as well F goat if women are not available...Philippinesfailedblog guy stopped posting because he might have found he had cancer ...as is with most white people,,,,they eventually die alone and with cancer...I know harsh but that guy deserves it for being the most un-intelligent blogger ever...

don't expect them to come back as they are losers and are afraid of real men like Duterte who they knew would f*k these low lifes'
Citizen
Freshman Poster

Post by Citizen »

starchild5 wrote:This is the problem with white race..they eventually destroy the place they come in.... :D ..there only solace is immigrants and refugees...and always quote...ohh if west is so bad..why everyone wants to come there....well..no intellectual worth one cent of brain cells would ever step foot in jewmerica or jewrope...

Soyummykaya was low life bottom feeding monger...he never liked Philippines..just cheap sex..he might as well F goat if women are not available...Philippinesfailedblog guy stopped posting because he might have found he had cancer ...as is with most white people,,,,they eventually die alone and with cancer...I know harsh but that guy deserves it for being the most un-intelligent blogger ever...

don't expect them to come back as they are losers and are afraid of real men like Duterte who they knew would f*k these low lifes'
You like to poison people with cancer? Another side likes to kill with earthquakes and typhoons. While the pale skins like to shoot and bomb their victims with far advanced technology. Very exciting times. The final death match is upon us. Only one may survive.
OutWest
Veteran Poster

Post by OutWest »

starchild5 wrote:
Will N. Dowd wrote:Sorry to say but it looks like this funny but very truthful blog this thread is about is dead:

Its a pattern now...Why do it always has to be a WHITE GUY...You go anywhere and you sh*t where you eat...there are 100 similar sites for Thailand created by WHITE GUYS...complaining about the perils of Thailand...they are starting with Cambodia now...

This is the problem with white race..they eventually destroy the place they come in.... :D ..there only solace is immigrants and refugees...and always quote...ohh if west is so bad..why everyone wants to come there....well..no intellectual worth one cent of brain cells would ever step foot in jewmerica or jewrope...

Unfortunately, most visitors from the West to the Philippines come as Takers. They take what they can from people in a poor country. The scenery, sex with poor girls, whatever they can. When they cannot take just what they feel entitled to,
they complain complain complain. Someone like PD here is a notable exception to this. Most are not. I avoid most whites and Westerners of all colors in the Philippines like the plague. It's mostly whites as there are a lot more of them, but western blacks and Asians are just as bad or worse. They all drink from the same well. They see the whole world as their Disney Land and take take take. Thankfully, there are some great exceptions to this, but they are not going to be posting on this forum.
Citizen
Freshman Poster

Post by Citizen »

OutWest wrote:
starchild5 wrote:

Unfortunately, most visitors from the West to the Philippines come as Takers. They take what they can from people in a poor country. The scenery, sex with poor girls, whatever they can. When they cannot take just what they feel entitled to,
they complain complain complain. Someone like PD here is a notable exception to this. Most are not. I avoid most whites and Westerners of all colors in the Philippines like the plague. It's mostly whites as there are a lot more of them, but western blacks and Asians are just as bad or worse. They all drink from the same well. They see the whole world as their Disney Land and take take take. Thankfully, there are some great exceptions to this, but they are not going to be posting on this forum.
Yup, you are correct. Western people and Filipinos should cut all contact. Filipinos in the West should be repatriated. Trade tariffs should be enacted and capital controls put in place. That way no Western visitors will be able to "take" from the poor Filipinos.
starchild5
Veteran Poster

Post by starchild5 »

Citizen wrote:
Yup, you are correct. Western people and Filipinos should cut all contact. Filipinos in the West should be repatriated. Trade tariffs should be enacted and capital controls put in place. That way no Western visitors will be able to "take" from the poor Filipinos.
I think you are missing the point with sarcasm :D :D ...

Filipinos are not becoming like soyummykuya or failblogs when they go to Jewmerica...they are also way further down the crime list or muslims list of bad things they do in America.

Filipinos "integrate" well into the country they go to...they have done it wherever they go...

However, I would say...You are right if you had said this about Indians, Chinese, blacks, arabs etc...The parasite race who leech more in America.

Philippines, South East Asia is matriarchal society ..Women are incredibly free, respectful in Philippines...Men feel like kings in Philippines...but some exploit that like above two guys...

Well the bottom line is Fakes has disappeared while the real deal called Philippines is still around :)
starchild5
Veteran Poster

Post by starchild5 »

OutWest wrote:
You are right and they start stupid Youtube Channel and then beg for money via patreon just for showing the natural scenery of Philippines.. :D
Mr S
Veteran Poster

Post by Mr S »

Filipinos are generally 'successful' in Western countries or some upper tier Asian countries due to the strict implementation of laws and repercussions when they are broken. I've noticed Filipinos work hard when they have strong leadership or they know they are being managed with authority. They also become more interested in improving themselves rather than taking from or blaming others when they are in an environment with less regulation and corruption thwarting that initiative and thus they can see their own work efforts pay off, rather than it being stolen through various means by living in the Philippines or other similar corrupt countries. I believe the standard Filipino culture based lifestyle is a detriment to their overall success as a collective nation and they will never get above a certain lifestyle standard until they change their ways to reflect how their brethren behave when they are living/working in 1st world nations in the West and Asia.

Practically everyday you have to guard yourself from being scammed or taken advantage of when living in this country. I've lived here long enough to know most of them and I've grown numb to it all, but just being recently scammed during this past Christmas (yes, my fault for falling for it but still...) has made me reflect upon that fact once again that this country's people are constantly operating in survival mode and they will prey upon their own citizens to get ahead just as much as foreigners. This doesn't bode well for long term country success no matter what the talking heads say in the news about growing GDP and whatnot. There is a SERIOUS lack or morals and ethics when engaging with the average Filipino while in the Philippines. I know that there are problems in the West as well as other countries, and some are worse of course, but The Philippines is in the upper 75% of degenerate morality and ethics as a whole.

I have to interview Filipinos as part of the work I do and I interview from all backgrounds. I'm probably approaching near 15,000 unique individuals since 2009 when I started. I can say this, there is a VAST difference between Filipinos who have lived in Western countries vs. ones who have only lived in PI. The ones living in Western countries, almost all of them do not want to come back and live full time in PI; they all have different personalities and changed ways of doing things and looking at the world in comparison to before they left, as most have related this to me during questioning. Often times they can't relate to native Filipinos anymore and many are disgusted by their negative habits that impede the progress of the nation.

All I'm saying is that their is a dark veil blinding many native Filipinos and only when they actually leave their home land do they understand how their own (negative) customs and behaviors bring themselves down as a whole. It's no different when Westerners leave their own countries and realize how much the cultural propaganda has gotten to them and they have attempted to change their viewpoint of reality with a more open perspective. It would be nice if the majority of Filipinos could overcome the negative aspects of their culture and demeanor and start accelerating the positives of their culture. However, many are brainwashed that the whole package with warts and all is true Filipino culture and one can only take it or leave it, which then continues to perpetuate the degenerative side of their culture.

Overall, I think Filipinos do outperform most foreign immigrants in Western countries when one looks at the statistics. However, this is not because they act in the same manner before living and working in said new country. They are very adaptable people and mimic what brings success well. Unfortunately, because they are mimickers, most native Filipinos in their own country tend to copy the negative traits of their culture which does not create success. they do have a problem thinking for themselves as well as outside the box, so this is why they need strong leadership or an authoritative environment to bring the success out of them.

Duterte is a step in the right direction but he is old and I doubt he will finish his full term. If he does not name a clear successor with a similar viewpoint of how to deal with Filipinos then the government will just regress and it will be back to business just like before he got in. If his VP assumes the presidency she will just undo everything he has done already for the country.

This country always takes 1 step forward 2 steps back, it's pretty much the mode of operation since Ive been living here. This country would probably have a better chance at long term positive economic and lifestyle stability if a majority of the citizens who immigrated to Western countries came back with their new ideas and experiences and would attempt to challenge the current hegemony for good and the long term. However, I don't ever see that happening because most don't come back to live and only visit. IF they do come back it would only be when they are older and retired and by then they don't give a shit anymore.

Don't believe anything that's said about the Philippines improving and going to become one of the next great successful countries in SE Asia, it's not going to happen. IF there is any chance, it will be within a minimum of 40+ years from now, if not more (2/3+ generations from now). And that would be because of outside influences forcing the country and people to change, not because Filipinos themselves want to inherently change their ineffective ways of living within their own country. Remember everything is rhetoric here, disguising itself with smoke and mirrors. As long as it looks and sounds good, then that's all most Filipinos care about. There is little substance to their actions and behaviors. Trust me I've been here long enough to know this for a verifiable fact. I've been living here permanently since 2003. As much as I would like to leave, as there is little point to being here anymore, I'll be sticking around probably until the end of the decade or early 20's, whether I like it or not due to family commitments. Unless of course there is some calamity or some other thing that makes me have to move. Oh well, you pick some you lose some. There's always my next incarnation to improve upon and get things right...
"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." Marcus Aurelius, Roman Emperor and stoic philosopher, 121-180 A.D.