China's Sexual Revolution documentary

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
Twobrains
Freshman Poster

China's Sexual Revolution documentary

Post by Twobrains »

From CBC, in 5 parts. Link to part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQUkv9dB-Dw

I found it interesting - things are wilder than I expected, at least in the biggest cities. This genie will not go back in the bottle, for sure. I fear it will lead to rampant feminism, Sex & The City style.
"As long as you make an identity for yourself out of the pain, you cannot become free of it." Eckhart Tolle
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: China's Sexual Revolution documentary

Post by zboy1 »

Twobrains wrote:From CBC, in 5 parts. Link to part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQUkv9dB-Dw

I found it interesting - things are wilder than I expected, at least in the biggest cities. This genie will not go back in the bottle, for sure. I fear it will lead to rampant feminism, Sex & The City style.
Oh crap! Sexual liberation = Man hating feminists: see sexual liberation movement in the United States.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

I had the feeling that Chinese females were on the point of being slutified. While it is tragic to see more females being forced into feminist whoredom, their transition phase between being civilized human beings and vile disease-ridden slags like Western females should present a great opportunity for white guys to get quality casual sex. Now would be the time to get jobs teaching classes of flight attendants, nurses, all-female university students etc. I wonder how the Chinese feel about teachers nailing high school students these days.
Andrewww
Freshman Poster

Post by Andrewww »

Chinese big cities are no different than the US. I mean how could they be ? They're populated by the same money hungry corporate oriented people. The women have entitlemend issues and pricess mentality, not to mention feminist agendas to further their careers...It's not just China, in every country you go the largest cities are also some of the worst cities to raise a family.
Twobrains
Freshman Poster

Post by Twobrains »

Whereas I would be reluctant to cast doubts on Xiongmao's judgement about Chinese women being hot, I must say I saw very few women in that video that I would go crazy for, even the sex models. Some good bodies, but many of the faces and busted teeth ... hmmm.
"As long as you make an identity for yourself out of the pain, you cannot become free of it." Eckhart Tolle
E_Irizarry
Veteran Poster

Post by E_Irizarry »

Andrewww wrote:Chinese big cities are no different than the US. I mean how could they be ? They're populated by the same money hungry corporate oriented people. The women have entitlemend issues and pricess mentality, not to mention feminist agendas to further their careers...It's not just China, in every country you go the largest cities are also some of the worst cities to raise a family.
Yeah look at the Philippines x ejemplo: In Metro-Manila, the women pretty are aloof and salacious in demeanor versus Angeles City among other smaller gems in the Philippines.
"I appreciate the opportunities I have in America. Opportunities that allow me to live abroad." **Smiles** - Have2Fly@H.A. (2013)

"The only way to overcome that is to go abroad to get a broad."
- E. Irizarry (2009)

"MGTOW resilience is the key to foreign residence. You better muthafuckin' ask somebody!!"
- E. Irizarry (2012)

"I rather be ostracized by 157.0 million (27.3% of the US of Gay pop), then to appease 1 feminist." - E. Irizarry (2013)

TanBoy by DNA | Despedido, Hugo Chavez...Descansa en paz!
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by momopi »

The 1990s was the "golden age" for Taiwanese men in coastal cities of China. It was joked that Taiwanese men were genetically predisposed to having a 2nd wife in Shanghai. Real estate was cheap with fewer restrictions, and many Taiwanese men made hundreds of thousands of dollars in RE.

In early 2000's, ABC professionals can score 6 figure positions in China. In 2007 when I was in Tianjing having lunch with my ex-fiance's father, he pointed to his Taiwanese coworkers around the table (it was a large round banquet table) and said that they all have local GF's in China. They all worked for the construction company and many already have wife and kids in Taiwan.

In 2012, I heard from friends who went to China for MBA or were posted there for work that ex-pat salaries are now less than before. A 6 figure position in 2002 might only pay half as much today due to increased competition (both from abroad and local talent). However if you're a professional working for US company that post you to China, then you can usually keep your US salary level. He was able to keep his current pay scale from San Diego plus housing allowance in Beijing.

In 1990s it was rare for Taiwanese girls to marry Mainland Chinese due to economic disparity. But this is changing as China's coastal areas become more wealthy. I personally know a number of Taiwanese women who are dating or married to Mainland Chinese men here in US and in China today.

China today is no longer an "easy" (or easier) place to make money for Taiwanese businessmen as it was in the 1990s. Many Taiwanese men who went to China and failed resort to cheating money to get by. They target fellow Taiwanese recent-arrivals with fake business/investment deals, promising high rate of return, then flake out with the money. Same confidence scams exists elsewhere.

Just as Taiwanese men went to China to invest in cheaper real estate, in future Mainland Chinese will be coming to Taiwan to invest in RE. The advantage in sexual market value ratio for Taiwanese men in China is eroding, though China is such a big place with over 1.3 billion people, one could always go inland to lesser and poorer areas.
RobinHood
Freshman Poster

Post by RobinHood »

Interesting documentaries - 30 million more men than women in 10 years is a time bomb waiting to happen. An average chinese man was saying that Chinese women expect a man to have assets of $200000!

I can see massive problems for China and for your average man trying to find a woman. Make no mistake Chinese women will follow their western sisters in knowing their market value.

The world and women's attitudes are changeling fast, choose your country for a foreign woman carefully. What's might be a good place now, could be terrible within a few years.
Robin Hood.
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by momopi »

RobinHood wrote:Interesting documentaries - 30 million more men than women in 10 years is a time bomb waiting to happen. An average chinese man was saying that Chinese women expect a man to have assets of $200000!
I can see massive problems for China and for your average man trying to find a woman. Make no mistake Chinese women will follow their western sisters in knowing their market value.
The world and women's attitudes are changeling fast, choose your country for a foreign woman carefully. What's might be a good place now, could be terrible within a few years.

China's population is roughly divided equally between urban and rural today. What the gender ratio means is that girls from rural areas will leave and go to urban cities, leaving the poor-er rural men behind in villages.

Look to S. Korea for example, where left-behind men in rural communities have to import brides from China and Vietnam.

http://bbs.chinadaily.com.cn/thread-808786-1-1.html
http://travel.cnn.com/shanghai/none/vie ... ing-889067
http://www.atimes.com/atimes/China/DK14Ad03.html

RobinHood
Freshman Poster

Post by RobinHood »

They also showed thousands of male workers in he cities turning to p4p as unable to find a woman.

The interview with some Chinese teenage girls was also interesting where one of them said she wanted to have at least 20 boyfriends before getting married - sounds just like a western woman to me.

The times are a changing...
Robin Hood.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

Twobrains wrote:From CBC, in 5 parts. Link to part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQUkv9dB-Dw

Nice post, thanks.

BTW, Winston appears briefly at 7:10 with a afew of his young gf's.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Here's the whole documentary about China's sexual revolution. It has a western bias and exaggeration to it. Plus they only show "sexual liberation" in Beijing, not the rest of China. Frankly, I was in China for 7 months and never saw any of this, though I didn't go to Beijing. So perhaps the rest of China isn't like this. The women I met in China were mostly conservative, prim and proper, and with traditional values. They also sought marriage and were not "liberated". And they were down to earth and very feminine of course. But none of them ever talked like the ones in this weird documentary. This is probably a case of Western cherry picking that does not represent average or typical Chinese women at all. Also, I never saw any kissing or making out - aka "public displays of affection" - between couples in China out in public. So where did they get that?!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yMzpQYOvJY8[/youtube]

Description:

Revolution and its sizzling Economic Revolution. But you haven't heard about its other great social upheaval - the Chinese Sexual Revolution - and like everything in that country it's happening at warp speed. It's China's version of the 60s revolution - on steroids.

China's Sexual Revolution is the world's first glimpse - often using secret cameras - into this forbidden new China. It's a surprising portrait of the Chinese today: the new free love generation that's left their parents in shock; the booming sex industry that's creating an HIV crisis; the new generation of career women and feminists that suddenly wants it all - while millions of men feel left out.

This long untold story goes back to the days of Chairman Mao, who made sexuality a great taboo. He ordered everyone to wear unisexual Mao suits, and forbid women from wearing sexy clothing, getting stylish haircuts, or even wearing make-up. Men and women were expected to be comrades - not lovers - though Mao himself enjoyed an emperor's sex life, seeking virgins to retain his "youthö".

China's sexual libido was bottled up for 50 years, but now its bursting loose, with dramatic effects on marriage, personal freedom and the government itself.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne