Attention: Please REUPLOAD your Avatars Everyone!

Announcements and site updates.
Forum rules
Welcome. If you are new here, please read the Forum Rules.
Winston
Site Admin

Re: Attention: Please REUPLOAD your Avatars Everyone!

Post by Winston »

Hey come on guys. Most of you still haven't reuploaded your avatars or have broken images in your avatars which look bad. Come on guys. Pick an avatar! Just thought I'd remind you all.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

Winston wrote:Hey come on guys. Most of you still haven't reuploaded your avatars or have broken images in your avatars which look bad. Come on guys. Pick an avatar! Just thought I'd remind you all.
Post some links to free re-sizing software for various file types.
"Well actually, she's not REALLY my daughter. But she does like to call me Daddy... at certain moments..."
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama »

Too much hassle. I tried to upload a new avatar and it wouldnt resize it for me.
A good man is above pettiness. He is better than that.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

Adama wrote:Too much hassle. I tried to upload a new avatar and it wouldnt resize it for me.
Exactly.
"Well actually, she's not REALLY my daughter. But she does like to call me Daddy... at certain moments..."
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Jester wrote:
Winston wrote:Hey come on guys. Most of you still haven't reuploaded your avatars or have broken images in your avatars which look bad. Come on guys. Pick an avatar! Just thought I'd remind you all.
Post some links to free re-sizing software for various file types.
I already told you guys long ago that you can resize your images in the avatar control panel. When you upload your image just select the dimensions of it and it will shrink the image to the specified dimensions. Make sure to set the dimensions UNDER the maximum size, not at the maximum size itself.

You can also resize images using the paint program in your windows accessories. The drop down menu in it has a simple resize function that allows you to specify the dimensions. If you screw up press control and z to undo the resize and start over again.

It's all very simple.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Announcement:

Ok I played around with the avatars and this is what I discovered. In order for them to be automatically resized to the dimensions you specify, you have to enter the URL of the image you want to use in this field:

Code: Select all

Link off-site:
Enter the URL of the location containing the avatar image you wish to link to.
That seems to be the only field that you can enter image URL's in that will resize automatically. It can be any valid image URL, such as this:

Code: Select all

http://www.happierabroad.com/images/image1.jpg
Uploading photos doesn't seem to produce the same effect.

I will also raise avatar dimensions to 200 width by 300 length, as JamesBond wanted. Just make sure to set your avatar dimensions within those limits. Each time you resize the avatar image, if you don't like it or want to change the width or length, just change the appropriate size values in the avatar panel and then hit Submit again.

Hope that makes sense.

Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

Thanks for the explanation -- after many months.

Winston AWAKES!!!!
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Hi Everyone,
Sorry but I accidentally made all your avatars into the green "I AM NEW HERE" stickers. I was trying to set the forum so that all new members would have that as their avatars until they upload a new one, not just until they reach 3 posts approved. In doing so, the system replaced all your avatars. Please reupload the avatar you had before. Sorry for the trouble. Thanks.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Another reminder: Please reupload your avatars everyone, if you haven't done it yet! Thanks. Sorry for the trouble.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Hi everyone,
After the forum was upgraded, it appears that some of the avatars are missing. If your avatar is missing, please reupload it. Thanks.

xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Post by xiongmao »

I am back, now in square format.
I was Happier Abroad for a while but Covid killed that off.
Fed up with being foreveralone.jpg? Check out my comprehensive directory of dating sites.
Love Chinese girls? Read my complete guide to Chinese dating.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Btw everyone, to reupload your avatar, go to your User Control Panel. In this new forum, the UCP is on the top right corner, not the top left corner anymore. Click on your username in the top right corner and you will see a menu with your UCP in it. In your UCP, click on your Profile tab and then the Edit Avatar tab. You can choose an avatar from the gallery or upload your own, or use one from a remote URL.

HouseMD
Veteran Poster

Post by HouseMD »

Winston wrote:
November 21st, 2017, 6:29 pm
Hi everyone,
After the forum was upgraded, it appears that some of the avatars are missing. If your avatar is missing, please reupload it. Thanks.
Hey, it's looking like we went from 2004 to 2009 in here, woo