Rock, how do I get a job abroad without teaching English?

Discuss working and making a living overseas, starting a business, or studying abroad.
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Re: Rock, how do I get a job abroad without teaching English

Post by xiongmao »

You can get a job with a multinational then get posted overseas. I tried that 2 jobs ago but it didn't come off, so I'm trying again. My new employer has 50 offices overseas and I should be able to get posted to one of them after I've proved myself in the UK. Not sure how the work permit situation would be, but the offices next to my London one are full of foreigners (mostly investment banks) so there must be some sort of reciprocal arrangement.
I was Happier Abroad for a while but Covid killed that off.
Fed up with being foreveralone.jpg? Check out my comprehensive directory of dating sites.
Love Chinese girls? Read my complete guide to Chinese dating.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Re: Rock, how do I get a job abroad without teaching English

Post by xiongmao »

OK done a bit more research on this...

If you want to go abroad and check places out, work for a company that does corporate events or something. I just got a free all expenses trip to Switzerland that included a room in a 5 star hotel and all the food I could eat.

You can also get jobs in other countries - our staff there were from loads of different countries. Most people who work in places like Dubai are from other countries.

Finally I've done some specific research as I've just applied for a transfer in my own company. You can get a 6 or 12 month work visa for Malaysia if your company has an office there - 12 month has a multi entry visa.

Japan is also possible but you need to have been with your company for at least 12 months and work in a field with skill shortages (e.g. engineering).

More than anything though, it's so important to get some sort of career going.
I was Happier Abroad for a while but Covid killed that off.
Fed up with being foreveralone.jpg? Check out my comprehensive directory of dating sites.
Love Chinese girls? Read my complete guide to Chinese dating.