"She's out of your league"

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
Tsar
Elite Upper Class Poster

"She's out of your league"

Post by Tsar »

I was thinking that it must only be in America and the West where the phrase "She's out of your league" is said to guys. I was wondering why people that to men in America/the West? Ever since high school many men keep hearing that, and both men and women will say it to other men.
I'm a visionary and a philosopher king 👑

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on April 2nd, 2020, 8:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tsar
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: "She's out of your league"

Post by Tsar »

Ghost wrote:
Tsar wrote:I was thinking that it must only be in America and the West where the phrase "She's out of your league" is said to guys. I was wondering why people that to men in America/the West? Ever since high school many men keep hearing that, and both men and women will say it to other men.
In can refer to the girl being too good looking, of higher social class, of better "education," and plenty of other things. But it is usually about looks I would say.

So when are you going to go to Eastern Europe where you'll be above the girls' leagues?
I was only making a comment regarding that phrase since it's brought up a lot, especially online stories, characters in entertainment, experienced posted online, and I'm sure everyone has heard it said to them at least once in their life.

Relating your question, I will be going relatively soon to Eastern Europe to get a girl. Stability is important and so is financial security. There's no point in trying to get a bride if I couldn't support a bride or give her a relatively nice life.

I was thinking that the statement "She's out of your league" is meant to make men go lower and indirectly enforce an idea that they as a man "aren't good enough" for an attractive or great girl. So its either to keep the guy's self-esteem lower, tell him he's not good enough or not good enough compared to others, and as a form of suppress or control technique?
Anatol
Junior Poster

Post by Anatol »

Tsar wrote: I was only making a comment regarding that phrase since it's brought up a lot, especially online stories, characters in entertainment, experienced posted online, and I'm sure everyone has heard it said to them at least once in their life.

Relating your question, I will be going relatively soon to Eastern Europe to get a girl. Stability is important and so is financial security. There's no point in trying to get a bride if I couldn't support a bride or give her a relatively nice life.

I was thinking that the statement "She's out of your league" is meant to make men go lower and indirectly enforce an idea that they as a man "aren't good enough" for an attractive or great girl. So its either to keep the guy's self-esteem lower, tell him he's not good enough or not good enough compared to others, and as a form of suppress or control technique?
Hello,

[~} The answer is quite simple if you have lived in a normal patriarchal world. Anywhere outside U.S.A. more than 20 years ago was totally patriarchal. Hence, since I was born in Spain 34 years ago, I remember what a normal society was. Basically, two things happened to cause this strange behaviour ~

~ The females demanded to be free of patriarchal rule {(45-40 years ago)}. Instead of crushing it, the government in U.S.A. encouraged it so that it could be 'different' from the rest of the world and make money from women working {(I always suspected after coming to U.S.A. 25 years ago that American men were a little bit psychologically strange and too greedy)}. At any rate, this led to females having large egos and doing whatever they wanted. Again, instead of crushing this behaviour and controlling the females, the stupid American men {(and presently men everywhere in the world)} encouraged this behaviour so as to curry favours from females. At this previous point in time {(which took place about 20 years ago)}, this happened because if females are introduced into society and the males are not married ~ males will compete for the females and 99% of males will do anything to win a female's favour. The females are aware of this and this malady quickly spread to every female in society. It's a progression that gets worse and worse and worse, as it starts as 'equal rights power' ~ then it becomes 'girl power' ~ then it becomes 'girl power - boys drool' ~ after this point, one doesn't need to say 'girl power' any longer because the controlling positions of politics and every part of everyday life are female {(which became the situation 10 years ago)}. At that point it became 'Men are inferior' ~ and at the present stage it is 'Men are dogs and must be chained' {(2014)} ~ it will continue on this path till U.S.A. is 95% woman-controlled in non-physical positions {(in my estimation this will be in another 10 years)}.

~ It could get much lower for men than even this! 100% of U.S.A. may in the next 20 years become totally woman-dominated in a large sense, except for professional sports and physical activities/jobs like the police, mechanics, army, engineering, etc. Even in many science fields, the mad, demented, mentally-sick creature called American men continue to toil everyday to make women enter engineering. They're trained to the point of dogs and they WANT to be trained to be dogs to feminism. This is all happening because the American males WANT a matriarchal society. They're per*erse and completely detached from reality that they're doing the wrong thing.

~ So to answer your question ~ the thing you are observing has happened because it has become the CULTURE of U.S.A. {(and in much of the world)} to have the woman as the dominant gender. Look at any package. Any computer program with a narrator. Any advertisement selling anything. The news anchors who are the most aggressive. It will be a female in all of these 95% of the time.

~ Lastly, it is the foolish MEN who did all this. For greed. For trying to emulate U.S.A. For favours from women. For hating men. For hating themselves {(it seems men have a large self-loathing problem as soon as females are introduced into a society of unmarried young men, because they start viewing other men as enemies)}.
The
Junior Poster

Post by The »

Ghost wrote:
Tsar wrote:I was thinking that it must only be in America and the West where the phrase "She's out of your league" is said to guys. I was wondering why people that to men in America/the West? Ever since high school many men keep hearing that, and both men and women will say it to other men.
In can refer to the girl being too good looking, of higher social class, of better "education," and plenty of other things. But it is usually about looks I would say.

So when are you going to go to Eastern Europe where you'll be above the girls' leagues?

NEVER! HE AINT GOING NOWHWERE....I THINK HE LIKES IT AT HOME BETTER WHERE HE CAN STUTTER AND STUMBLE AROUND FEELING SORRY FOR HIMSELF!
Tsar
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Tsar »

The wrote:NEVER! HE AINT GOING NOWHWERE....I THINK HE LIKES IT AT HOME BETTER WHERE HE CAN STUTTER AND STUMBLE AROUND FEELING SORRY FOR HIMSELF!
Why are you always rude towards me? Can you start being civil and showing some respect?
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

I think the term, "she is out of your league" is something that the feminists in the US started. I never hear anyone use that term from the Philippines, South America or Europe.

The music video below is called, "Out of my league" by Fitz and the Tantrums. :D

"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

Dating coach Corey Wayne gives some simple principles you can apply that will make the difference so you can start meeting and dating the kind of women who you may presently feel are out of your league.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SgPiMD-TSvU[/youtube]
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
cdnFA
Junior Poster

Post by cdnFA »

I am sure they have other expressions for the same thing elsewhere that don't involve sports metaphors.
The Chinese guy who lacks the house/car/career combo
Anyone from the far east who lacks the 3 bigs.

In seems in China and Japan, if you don't have much to offer, they just give up like the herbivore men in Japan. Telling someone she is out of your league implies you should just try again with someone else.

Also it is a perfectly cromulent concept. Both partners should be roughly equivalent in value and it is pointless telling girls that he is out of your league because they don't do the approaching.

Joke mode
Much like how in the US there are 4 bases as they have baseball from kissing to sex. In india they have 2 because of Cricket. Your parents select the girl, you marry the girl.
drronnie
Freshman Poster

Post by drronnie »

The "out of your league" things is bullshit. Who is the one who sets these standards? Women? We are all human beings and regardless of looks or status if men or women like each other they should be together.
cdnFA
Junior Poster

Post by cdnFA »

drronnie wrote:The "out of your league" things is bullshit. Who is the one who sets these standards? Women? We are all human beings and regardless of looks or status if men or women like each other they should be together.
Unless you are suggesting rape, yeah.

How many guys here bitch about the moocows. Why would you expect a hottie to go out with the male equivalent.

If you had looks, charm, status and money in overwhelming abundance would go even look at a girl who wasn't uber hot and pleasant to be around?

Everyone tried to get the best they can.

What does an attractive person [by looks or other items] call an ugly person who they otherwise like. Friend. There are some who will look past such things but not many and not for long.

Why isn't it reasonable to expect an ugly dude with minimal income, no status and middling charm to go after his female equivalent as opposed to some awesome hottie with good values and charm. Why would you hate the hottie so much to expect her to settle.

I saw this girl tonight [not a date] she is a 0 in looks. I am pretty sure she is actually borderline retarded and I am not in this case throwing the term around loosely.
If she ever asked me out I would be creeped out as hell. I am glad she believes in leagues. I am also glad that as a cultist she would never dream of going out with a sinner like me;) Atheism for the win. It's creepy and uncomfortable to have someone way below your league hit on you. I say this as someone who is desperate.
And I do get to decide who is below my league.
Zambales
Experienced Poster

Post by Zambales »

drronnie wrote:The "out of your league" things is bullshit. Who is the one who sets these standards? Women? We are all human beings and regardless of looks or status if men or women like each other they should be together.
Yup. Too many women judge a book by its cover and this "out of your league" nonsense is just shallow.

Looks/status aren't the most important things when looking for a partner and I'm speaking from experience. Personality wins hands down and I wished I knew this when I was younger as I would have made better choices regarding women.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on July 30th, 2019, 9:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mattyman
Junior Poster

Post by mattyman »

The concept of leagues is based on the simplistic idea that the more attractive one is, the more they'll be expecting in a potential partner. It's often an overly-simplistic conclusion people make when their own love interests are unrequited, or a way to reason why someone they'd find attractive wouldn't find them attractive. The truth is, there is no such thing as leagues, to get a more balanced picture to debunk any evidence in you life that may support the idea of leagues, I recommend you read this article;
http://www.doctornerdlove.com/2013/06/l ... ur-league/

All this cynical 'girls want looks money status' rubbish doesn't really help anyone and is in the most part an overly-simplified (if not cynical) spin on reality which doesn't help anyone.
cdnFA
Junior Poster

Post by cdnFA »

I am pretty sure nobody tells the rich guy, or the charming guy or the guy with loads of status [member of a band] that a girl is out of his league.

It isn't just about looks.

Also are not most guys on this forum also superficial as hell?

As for Doctornerdlove, he is the guy who used Kevin Smith as an example of how chicks will date fat guys completely ignoring the fact that he is famous with many cult classics under his extra sized belt, has wealth and is also pretty charming.

I wonder how many guys who complain about leagues would consider going out with this

I would, but I have really odd messed up tastes.