Why America is about Control/Conformity, not Truth/Freedom

What's your story? Discussions your reasons for going abroad.
Winston
Site Admin

Re: Why America is about Control/Conformity, not Truth/Freed

Post by Winston »

momopi wrote: Image
That oyster photo with the globe in it is neat. We should make that our logo here or something.

Lots of people are bitter. But the most important thing is whether your opinions and observations are TRUE or accurate or not. Why pretend and be fake? I'd rather tell it like it is.

Even Buddhist monks, like that famous Australian one who is funny and always giving lectures, say in their lectures that when they go to America, they see fat angry miserable people everywhere and it does NOT look like a happy country at all.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Think Different
Junior Poster

Post by Think Different »

miss_conduct wrote:A+ post. All Americans are about is "keeping up with the Joneses"....

Look around you...cookie cutter houses that looked stamped out of a rubber stamp....

Look all over Europe or the Soviet Union: towering, majestic cathedrals, magnificent buildings, historic landmarks....

Look at America: Wal Mart, McDonalds, check cashing places, shopping malls.

Europe and the rest of the world: Pagodas, onion dome cathedrals, castles, breathtaking scenery.

I have spoken. Hope everyone is having a great day!
You have to be realistic too. America has its issues, certainly, but it's certainly not the utter hellhole that many here portray it to be. Maybe it's just not what EVERYONE is looking for. Fine. If you look at 1/2 the countries in the world, they are truly "turd-world" cesspools that I would never consider living in. Only a handful of the approximately 195 countries in the world even have castles and nice architecture. Many are still living in grass huts or hovels, and scraping by a meagre existence.

Let's be a little honest and fair-minded here, people.
Think Different
Junior Poster

Post by Think Different »

Winston wrote:
Why is Australia in the middle of the North Atlantic? Must be an American-made map......! Just kidding.......
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

RedDog wrote:
Why is Australia in the middle of the North Atlantic? Must be an American-made map......! Just kidding.......
ROTFL!

Either that or a transparent beach ball type of globe. lol
Last edited by Winston on July 30th, 2010, 8:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Btw Nate, one more thing. I worked really hard on that essay. It all came from the heart too!

So if you don't like it, just shut up and don't say anything. There's no need or point in telling me that I'm wasting time writing bitter nonsense. You have no f***ing right to tell me what to do!

Everything I do comes from the heart and from passion. You can't change that. I don't live to please people like you. So up yours!

That being said, if YOU can do better, then why don't you write a better essay yourself, instead of just being an armchair quarterback who criticizes? Any fool can do that!

You say my essay is too simplistic. Then why don't YOU write a good essay that's not too simplistic, and let us critique it too?

If you can't do better, then don't sit there and mock. If you can't do a triple axle in ice skating, then don't critique others who can!

Nate
Freshman Poster

Time Wasting

Post by Nate »

Winston wrote:Nate,
Don't project your bitterness onto me. You are attacking the messenger rather than the message, and changing the topic. Shame on you.

I'll be the judge of whether I'm happy or not, not you.

You are overstepping in your accusations.

My photo collage speaks for itself.

I could be pleasure seeking and self seeking, like you, but I'm not like that. I'm an awakener. That's my life path, awakening people to truth.

If I was selfish and only cared for my own happiness, I wouldn't have even created this site. I'd be living in anonymity like most expats. It's my PASSION of sharing truth that has created this site and inspired others.

You miss that big picture in your negative condescending remarks.

If you think my essay has errors, then point them out, logically. Of course nothing I say is absolute, but they are true in large degrees.

Anyway, you are just ranting about nothing and contributing nothing in that post of yours. It is YOU who is wasting time writing that, not me. Enlightening minds and freeing them is not wasting time. It is a soul purpose that you don't see.

PS - FYI Nate, I do not sit around and think up these essays consciously. They come to me during sleep. Upon awakening, I already know what my next essay will be about and the main points it will cover. You could say that something is inspiring me through my right brain, which receives and pieces together the message at night while I'm asleep. In other words, I'm almost on automatic pilot when I do this.
Winston-

People on this forum have many points of view, as do you. If you seem bitter and unhappy to me, that is perception. I must have really hit a sore spot based on your reaction. I don't care if you are happy or not. Really I don't. Its up to you.
I don't have to project Winston. You know nothing of my life in the Philippines, the USA or Latin America, nothing at all, and you presume that you do. Some on this board pretty well have you pegged, and you find it uncomfortable. This is my last post on this forum, as I am very short of time, and would rather spend what time I have with people who have clear purposes in life.

Adios Amigo and good luck in Taiwan or wherever you end up.

Nate
Last edited by Nate on July 28th, 2010, 12:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nate
Freshman Poster

time to move on

Post by Nate »

Winston wrote:Btw Nate, one more thing. I worked really hard on that essay. It all came from the heart too!

So if you don't like it, just shut up and don't say anything. There's no need or point in telling me that I'm wasting time writing bitter nonsense. You have no f***ing right to tell me what to do!

Everything I do comes from the heart and from passion. You can't change that. I don't live to please people like you. So up yours!

That being said, if YOU can do better, then why don't you write a better essay yourself, instead of just being an armchair quarterback who criticizes? Any fool can do that!

You say my essay is too simplistic. Then why don't YOU write a good essay that's not too simplistic, and let us critique it too?

If you can't do better, then don't sit there and mock. If you can't do a triple axle in ice skating, then don't critique others who can!

Winston-

You are completely unhinged! Good luck with that! Adios and out...others on this forum, good luck and happy travels. For me, it is time to move on. I have committed to a relief project that is in dire need and will take a lot of my time as a volunteer, so I need to choose my battles and spend my time more wisely.

Good-bye to all and happy sailing !

Nate
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

As you might have noticed I am not participating in political bashing of America here and have accepted the good and the bad and have moved on. Basically I have figured out a way to deal with all the social and recently economic problems there by adding a few countries to it and thus enjoying all the benefits of the combination. I am happy with all the political, educational, credit, and citizenship rights that I have as a US citizen and am grateful for them.

However, I am sure that when those huddled masses finally go up the Maslow Hierarchy of needs after their arrival in the US, getting the job and the car and having eaten their full, and try exploring the dating scene in the US and assimilating into the US society through marriage to its women- which is what should normally be done- ( if they can ever even hope to get to the 1st base with them) , they will too soon find out that combining America with their home country- if they can , or adding another cheaper one with better women is a better idea. Momopi is keeping his ties with TW, and I have been doing this for a long time by living in RP part of the year and working in Saudi. Just recently added my birthplace ( where I do not qualify for citizenship) as another one of my patches in a complete quilted world that I am trying to create.

Many of the immigrants to the US can now keep in touch with their cheaper and friendlier former countries and choose not to assimilate 100% into the US social mainstream because of improved international communication, cheap airfares and a much closer, globalized world. Also, because really, socially America does not offer as colorful a world and as great opportunities as a multi-national combination would.

Are they being ungrateful stepsons? I do not think so. They are simply not buying into the narrow, nationalistic, isolationist messianic philosophy that is very much passe by now. This philosophy of exceptionalism has been espoused by Japan, Russia, China and America alike. And it is myopic, I think we should all aspire to be globalists; loving America for what it has to offer and has offered, but also exposing bullsh1t everywhere and loving other countries for what they can offer and not trying to get blood out of turnips. I don't cuss turnips for having no blood- I would just go to a bloodbank to get it.

In addition to that, immigrants to the US will always be treated as stepsons anyway. America is still rife with racism, nativism, hyphenating people; and 'becoming' an American socially is not that easy. Plus the Constitution will never allow a naturalized citizen to aspire to become President. In France it does!

Look at the recent case with some woman who'd tried to smuggle some scopes to Russia. She is a US citizen but she did something bad and immediately the media keeps calling her Russian expat, Latvian expat, Latvian-born and all that. They 'always' must emphacize that. For the rest of the immigrants' lives regardless of whether they became US citizens or not. In the US they just have to hyphenate people and if they are foreign born, it has to be splashed all over. They stopped doing it to Blacks but immigrants and naturalized citizens are fair game.

Plus even if one succeeds in "becoming" an American, does that mean one should become a nationalist who thinks America is better than other countries?

Why not try and be a good Earthling instead? That is something that no one will ever be able to deny calling you?
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!
Linc4Love
Freshman Poster

Post by Linc4Love »

Nate's a retard.

Winston doesn't need to have a successful long term relationship to prove his thesis. He needs to only show that women in foreign countries are far more approachable and friendlier than they are here, and he demonstrates that quite effectively. How can anyone hope to have a relationship with a girl if she shuts you down before you even say hello? At least in other countries you have more options and more hope. Whether you develop a long term relationship or not is actually up to you for once, and not based on external factors and circumstances that are beyond your control, namely that the only choice you have is to marry a gold digger whore, a Humpback whale with legs, or be gay.

Because women here have an ample dating pool to choose from, they have raised their requirements to absurd heights to the extent that 99% percent of American women are all chasing after the 1% of guys who managed to fit their criteria of being tall, dark, handsome and f**k-ass rich.

Then you have some fucktards that come on here and proclaim based on the 1% of guys in America who can bang any bitch he pleases that it's not so bad here, so it must be us people who are just being small minded!!!11!

Such is the headache of having to deal with institutionalized dickless wonderboy manginas who bang lumbering whale mountain man-beasts with 5 kids, and then having survived that harrowing experience they say, "Thank you, may I have another?"

And I should take advice from these clusterfucks? Um, no thanks.
FreeYourMind
Freshman Poster

Post by FreeYourMind »

U.S. society is being scrutinized and heavily criticized by people on all kinds of websites, not just ones related to the pathetic dating scene. The power structure in the U.S. aims to make everyone into deracinated, conformist, fearful, atomized and alienated consumer units, the better to serve the global imperial empire that has sprung up in a country founded (ironically) on liberty, self-responsibility and small government. This new "model citizen" is intended to be a global template, so if you want to be a global citizen you should also be aware that what's going in America is meant to be exported worldwide.

As for all the criticism of Winston in this thread, I don't understand it. It's his site, of course he is going to put a lot of time and effort into explaining his views and the reasons for them. If his critics don't like the message they should go elsewhere.
dano
Freshman Poster

Post by dano »

The US is the wealthiest country in the history of the world. It makes sense that people would want to exploit that wealth by marginalizing the competition(me and you). I think thats basically the point Winston was trying to make. I didn't think Winstons essay was exaggerated or negative in any way.
Winston
Site Admin

Re: Time Wasting

Post by Winston »

Nate wrote:
Winston-

People on this forum have many points of view, as do you. If you seem bitter and unhappy to me, that is perception. I must have really hit a sore spot based on your reaction. I don't care if you are happy or not. Really I don't. Its up to you.
I don't have to project Winston. You know nothing of my life in the Philippines, the USA or Latin America, nothing at all, and you presume that you do. Some on this board pretty well have you pegged, and you find it uncomfortable. This is my last post on this forum, as I am very short of time, and would rather spend what time I have with people who have clear purposes in life.

Adios Amigo and good luck in Taiwan or wherever you end up.

Nate
You didn't hit a sore spot. You were just rude. I spent a lot of time and effort in that essay, and passion. And you tell me that I shouldn't write it? Who are you to tell me what to do?

You have told us about your life in the Philippines. And I've given you the benefit of the doubt. Everyone is doing as best as they can. I do not judge you. So why do you judge me?

You drew first blood. You are sometimes rude and brass, like many expats there with a temper.

My purpose in life is clear to me. Why can't one's purpose be just to ride the waves? You are so damn closed minded and rigid.

No cynic like you has me pegged. You haven't met me and don't know me and are too shallow to know me and what drives me. You just use dumb shallow standards. How can you have me pegged when you don't know me? You just assume things and take them as fact.

There is a lot of truth in that essay. You haven't pointed out any flaws in it. No essay is free of criticism anyway.

Anyway, you're just a judgmental asshole with an attitude.

I'm not in the slightest bit curious by the way, what was in those two posts you deleted, but I'll complete the deletion process of them.

Good luck with your charity project.
Last edited by Winston on July 28th, 2010, 3:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Linc4Love wrote:Nate's a retard.

Winston doesn't need to have a successful long term relationship to prove his thesis. He needs to only show that women in foreign countries are far more approachable and friendlier than they are here, and he demonstrates that quite effectively. How can anyone hope to have a relationship with a girl if she shuts you down before you even say hello? At least in other countries you have more options and more hope. Whether you develop a long term relationship or not is actually up to you for once, and not based on external factors and circumstances that are beyond your control, namely that the only choice you have is to marry a gold digger whore, a Humpback whale with legs, or be gay.

Because women here have an ample dating pool to choose from, they have raised their requirements to absurd heights to the extent that 99% percent of American women are all chasing after the 1% of guys who managed to fit their criteria of being tall, dark, handsome and f**k-ass rich.

Then you have some fucktards that come on here and proclaim based on the 1% of guys in America who can bang any bitch he pleases that it's not so bad here, so it must be us people who are just being small minded!!!11!

Such is the headache of having to deal with institutionalized dickless wonderboy manginas who bang lumbering whale mountain man-beasts with 5 kids, and then having survived that harrowing experience they say, "Thank you, may I have another?"

And I should take advice from these clusterfucks? Um, no thanks.
That's exactly my point. You understand what's important.

And besides, I do have a long term relationship that's lasted since early 2007.

Approachability and doors opening are what counts. From there on, each of us makes a lifestyle choice, whether we want monogamy, a playboy lifestyle, or something in between. It's opening the doors that's important. From there on, our life is up to us, it's our business.

Nate's negativity and judgmental attitude does not contribute anything positive or useful to that.

Besides, like Dano said, my essay was not negative. It just told you how things are, how we are PRESSURED to conform and agree with things that are given to us. And it's TRUE. That's how it does work!

Isn't the truth what counts?

So what's the problem? It can only be something inside Nate, who isn't seeing the big picture.

That being said, I do apologize for my outburst earlier Nate. But sometimes you rub me the wrong way. Anyway, good luck to you if you don't return.

I would advise though, that you think of the big picture, and before you trash someone think about whether any good will come of it, or not. At least truthful essays enlighten readers. Does your bashing or judgment on others enlighten anyway or do anyone any good? If not, perhaps it's better not to do that.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

swincor_ wrote: Sorry to burst your balloon, Winston, but I'm not Stefan. And it is right that you give your Filipina gf credit for sticking with you despite your flaws - flaws such as not sticking with her, for example. True, you may not be twice divorced, but then you don't seem to provide a woman much incentive for getting married to you in the first place, for it seems the novelty of being a father and husband wore off rather quickly for you.

The fact is, you were the one who jetted on your gf and kid, living with your parents in Taiwan for several months so far this year, just like last year. All for the purpose of pursuing (unsuccessfully) local women, who do not seem taken by your charisma, charm, dashing good looks, and kind looking face. Even here, you show a distinct laziness and lack of willingness to solve problems. Has it ever occurred to you to LEAVE your surroundings for greener pastures? You have the means to do so. But no, all you do is whine incessantly about the lack of opportunities available to you in Taiwan.
I didn't come to Taiwan for the girls you dumbass.

How can you prove you're not Stefan? By you saying so? lol

Dude, I outed you long ago remember? You said very distinct criticism and lines about me in the flaming bashing board that gave you away. They were unique put downs that ONLY Stefan used on me. I recognized your writing style right away too. You are not good at disguising yourself.

How about you prove your identity? Let me call you and listen to your voice and make sure you're not Stefan. If you can't do that, then you have something to hide.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Nate,
One more thing. It's kind of wimpy for you to wanna leave this forum just cause I chewed you out. You act tough, but when the heat is on, you bail.

You say I'm negative, and I say you're negative. But the difference is this:

You throw your negativity/criticism at the TRUTH that I shell out, while I throw my negativity/criticism at the PROPAGANDA and MIND CONTROL that society imposes upon me. Therefore, I am doing it for a just cause, while you are not, you are doing it AGAINST truth.

I'm afraid that doesn't say very good about you dude.