Male shortages in developing countries

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
MattHanson1990
Junior Poster

Male shortages in developing countries

Post by MattHanson1990 »

Part of the reason American/Western men do better overseas than at home is not only because cultures outside the Anglosphere are more ideal but also because there tends to be a surplus of women. For example, Russia and Ukraine have 6 to 10 million more women than men. Brazil has a female surplus in the cities, but it also has a rural village that's literally all women. In parts of Mexico, the male female ratio is 90 men for every 100 women, but I think the ratios are more pronounced in small towns and villages. The ratios are even in major cities; middle and upper income Mexican men usually don't emigrate to the US to look for work. But in some places, males may outnumber females because thousands of women go missing or are killed. Ciudad Juarez is one example, but recently I read that femicides are also happening in Guadalajara (it may be in danger of becoming a sausage fest); but men in Juarez are put at an even more disadvantage since that part of Mexico is promiscuous, most likely due to influence from the US sexual revolution. Could Colombia have a more pronounced female surplus as its less developed than Mexico?

In countries where females outnumber men, especially if it has a more ideal culture:

- one would meet plenty of decent looking women who aren't taken
- less male competition
GoingAwol
Junior Poster

Re: Male shortages in developing countries

Post by GoingAwol »

This seems to be true based on the Russian girls I talk to. I am more or less average looking, and I get a fair amount of cute Russian girls who seem interested in me. I have told some about the challenges American men face in finding single women to date and marry, and they told me that the situation is reverse in Russia. That is to say that there is a shortage of single men in Russia and the men are much more choosy as a result. One girl told me she is considered fat by Russian men (5'6 and about 130 pounds), but in my opinion she would be considered thin and attractive by most American men.
Traveler
Freshman Poster

Post by Traveler »

The gender ratio isn't so good in those countries if you're looking for women under 25.

Mexico
at birth: 1.05 male(s)/female
0-14 years: 1.05 male(s)/female
15-24 years: 1.03 male(s)/female
25-54 years: 0.93 male(s)/female
55-64 years: 0.85 male(s)/female
65 years and over: 0.82 male(s)/female
total population: 0.96 male(s)/female (2015 est.)

Russia
at birth: 1.06 male(s)/female
0-14 years: 1.06 male(s)/female
15-24 years: 1.05 male(s)/female
25-54 years: 0.96 male(s)/female
55-64 years: 0.75 male(s)/female
65 years and over: 0.45 male(s)/female
total population: 0.86 male(s)/female (2015 est.)

Ukraine
65 years and over: 0.5 male(s)/female
https://www.cia.gov/library/publication ... /2018.html
OutWest
Veteran Poster

Post by OutWest »

Traveler wrote:The gender ratio isn't so good in those countries if you're looking for women under 25.

Mexico

Russia

Ukraine
Ratios don't mean much as quoted here. What counts is the number of CAPABLE MEN, not just census type numbers. In many traditional societies, marriageable young women likely outnumber capable tmen by a factor of 5x or more.
Last edited by OutWest on May 29th, 2016, 5:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama »

GoingAwol wrote:This seems to be true based on the Russian girls I talk to. I am more or less average looking, and I get a fair amount of cute Russian girls who seem interested in me. I have told some about the challenges American men face in finding single women to date and marry, and they told me that the situation is reverse in Russia. That is to say that there is a shortage of single men in Russia and the men are much more choosy as a result. One girl told me she is considered fat by Russian men (5'6 and about 130 pounds), but in my opinion she would be considered thin and attractive by most American men.

I wouldn't go around telling foreign women that though. Part of me just thinks it would inflate their egos, making them think that as long as they aren't as bad as the American women, then they're still good enough.

Unfortunately the gender ratio is not really in men's favor despite what the overall ratio is. The ratio is not an advantage per se until after age 50 or so. The reason men die earlier is simply because they eat more calories on a daily basis than women. More calories consumed means more cellular damage over the long term. In other words, the more food you eat, the faster your body ages. Men are the larger gender and require more food than women. Also men suffer fatal work accidents at a higher rate than women.

It is not because of war or famine. It has been generations since that World War, over 70 years ago, which is at least three generations of correction time.

These are just lifestyle choices. That's why the ratio doesn't skew until people get old, when the body starts to break down.
A good man is above pettiness. He is better than that.
drronnie
Freshman Poster

Post by drronnie »

The male shortage does not play a favorable role for men in Western countries anyways because 80 percent of the women just want 20 percent of the men
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

MattHanson1990 wrote:Part of the reason American/Western men do better overseas than at home is not only because cultures outside the Anglosphere are more ideal but also because there tends to be a surplus of women. For example, Russia and Ukraine have 6 to 10 million more women than men.
This is true, they even have "Pickup classes" for women in Russia but no such classes for men. There are 10 million more women than men in Russia and about 4 million more woman than men in Ukraine.

Anna Davis (who is from Ukraine and is married to Mark Davis) said the men in Ukraine go through dozens of girls every year because they can afford to do so. The men don't want to get married because they can date different women every couple of weeks if they want in Ukraine (and Russia too).
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
GoingAwol
Junior Poster

Post by GoingAwol »

OutWest wrote:
Traveler wrote:The gender ratio isn't so good in those countries if you're looking for women under 25.

Mexico

Russia

Ukraine
Ratios don't mean much as quoted here. What counts is the number of CAPABLE MEN, not just census type numbers. In many traditional societies, marriageable young women likely outnumber capable tmen by a factor of 5x or more.
Outwest is correct. I have heard this from Russian women. One told me that there is a shortage of men who are marriage material. There is also a shortage of men who want to get married there. Supposedly, the men can date and get sex very easily.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on July 30th, 2019, 9:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MattHanson1990
Junior Poster

Post by MattHanson1990 »

Ghost wrote:Like the others said, you have to look at the under 25 demographic. This is why I love places like Philippines. At times it seems like there are 10 young women for every man. :D
I just looked up the statistics for the Philippines, and it says the ratio for ages 15-24 is 1.04 males per female. But ratios don't really say everything. Others have mentioned that a big reason American women get hit on all the time is because p4p is illegal in the States, and men are desperate for sex. The other problem with the US dating scene is that America is a promiscuous culture, and the daddygov subsidizes hypergamy and slutty behavior.

Now, regarding the Philippines, I wonder if you'll find girls who are marriage material in the provinces than in Manila or Angeles. I think the reason there are so many single women is that the local men just want to play around with the women because they can (same reason there are a lot of single women in Russia and Ukraine).