For Christians: Which Bible version do you read?

Discuss religion and spirituality topics.
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: For Christians: Which Bible version do you read?

Post by Adama »

The_Adventurer wrote:
Adama wrote: That's the problem. You guys are so busy trying so hard not to believe. You're confounded by such things as Greek and Hebrew, which I am 100% certain that none of you are fluent in either one of these unless you were born into it. Laughable how smart you would claim you are, yet you don't even have the basic knowledge you even claim a person would need to discern the truth. There is a Bible in English called the KJV. It doesn't require one to spend their lives learning Greek or Hebrew or Latin. If God can't get us saved in our own native languages then many would simply be damned to hell.
The minister in my mother's church really did spend the bulk of his life learning Greek and Hebrew, because he wants to deepest possible understanding of the scriptures. According to you, though, he wasted all his life because he wasn't born into it.

There's also a Bible called the NIV in English. Then there's the NKJV, ESV, CEB, and many others. How is some random person to know that the KJV is the correct one? How do you know? I've done the comparisons. You think Greek and Hebrew is waste of time, so how do you know?
Adama wrote: Surely God was speaking in parables when He says unbelievers will burn for eternity. I'd almost feel sorry for you men who call God a liar, but I don't one bit.
Show me where exactly God says unbelievers will burn for eternity.
Already did in a previous post.
John 3:18 (KJV)

18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.
As for your minister, yes, he completely wasted his time. If you are one of his followers or you heard his message and that is what you came away with, then yes, it was a waste of time, because he hasnt imparted anything of value to you, except for confusion.

If you were saved, you could discern the difference between Bible versions. Lots of Christians, but few are actually saved.

Most Christians are just like the unbelievers: On the Broad path to hell. Jesus Himself said the way is narrow. Most people just want to believe the way is broad, even though you can tell them all day long that the way is narrow. That's cause they either aren't interested in the narrow way because it exposes their sins, or it is because they've rejected God's Word too many times and in turn God rejects them by giving them over to the heart of a beast, a reprobate mind, and even strong delusion. As I have said many times, I feel no sorrow for such people. I even think we have at least five or six reprobates on this very forum. That is people whose minds have been blinded so that they can't believe and whose hearts have been hardened. These people will have no forgiveness because they are incapable of believing.
A good man is above pettiness. He is better than that.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama »

Show me where exactly God says unbelievers will burn for eternity.
The only thing I don't get is, why wouldn't a person want to believe? Believing in Christ is much easier than trying to work your way into heaven, which is impossible, because no man is righteous in the sight of God except Jesus. It only makes sense to put all your trust in Him for salvation. Work salvation would be like trying to build a tower to get to heaven. First that's impossible, and we've already seen that God destroyed the Tower of Babel.

Christianity is the only religion that is about God, specifically Jesus. Every other religion is about works. Buddhism is about work (abstaining from sin for the sake of karma, although they have a different set of laws). Islam is about work. Catholicism is about work, especially the sacraments (see communion, baptism, and the rest). Even most of the Protestants believe in works, but they add them through the back door by calling it repentance, which is a work.

Christianity is about believing on the Lord. He died for our sins. Did Mohammed die for us? Buddha? Anyone else? But if you don't trust in Jesus, you will die in your sins, which means you get to pay for your sins for an eternity in hell. Why for an eternity? Because that's how God feels about sin. He is Holy, Righteous, Pure. He demands that anyone who sets foot in His presence in heaven also be as righteous as He, because there should be nothing to defile heaven. That's why He made it easy. He died for us. All we have to do is believe in the work HE did for us, rather than trusting on our own work, which can never be perfect.

If that doesn't resonate with you as the true religion, that's because it may be too late for you to believe.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on July 30th, 2019, 9:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on July 30th, 2019, 9:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama »

Ghost wrote:
The_Adventurer wrote:Show me where exactly God says unbelievers will burn for eternity.

Already did in a previous post.
John 3:18 (KJV)

18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.
That verse doesn't mention burning for eternity.
If you were saved, you could discern the difference between Bible versions. Lots of Christians, but few are actually saved.
So it's apparently based on feelings or magic. In your twisted version of religion, ignorance is a virtue.

hahaha, what in the world would condemn mean? Condemned to hell, naturally. Condemnation is the same as damnation. My goodness. And you were once a Christian of some sort? That just shows how much you don't know. You were not Christian. You were just labeled Christian.

The feelings of magic is the Holy Ghost. My goodness. You know nothing about salvation. The Holy Ghost within is what guides the believer in interpreting the Bible.
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama »

Ghost wrote:
Adama wrote:You can call me an idiot all you want to, but get this, you are agreeing with a man who is saying there is NO route to heaven.
I didn't agree with him on the "no heaven" thing, whatever that was. You either lack the ablity to comprehend basic things or you just like bringing up irrelevant details.
Also, you were never a Fundie because you were never a believer, and you'll probably never be one. Heaven is for believers only.
I used to be a fundie Bible-thumper much like yourself and indeed did believe. And still do believe in God and Jesus. Here's the thing: God in the OT didn't emphasize belief, and Jesus didn't either, originally. (Before the interpolations that Winston pointed out in another thread.) Both emphasized doing what is right. In God's example, it was how to build a moral society. Jesus took that made it more personal and said some very profound things that Bible-thumpers like you continue to disregard and misunderstand to this day. You have vague verses to use whenever you feel like it, but disregard verses you don't like (in good Bible-thumper fashion) while also ignoring real-world evidence about the Bible. It's a clusterfuck of a belief system, just as fragile as your belief in the flat earth, which doesn't even stand against a kindergarten level experiment.
You'll twist the scriptures to your own destruction. It would have been better for you if you had never known the way of truth than to turn aside after the world after you've had the knowledge of Christ. You'll pay extra for that in the end.

2 Peter 2:20
For if after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, they are again entangled therein, and overcome, the latter end is worse with them than the beginning.
2 Peter 2:21
For it had been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than, after they have known it, to turn from the holy commandment delivered unto them.

That Holy Commandment being our Salvation.

Besides that, you don't know anything. How could you have thumped that which you don't even know about?

You're incapable of believing. You probably shouldn't even delve into these matters anymore, especially now since you've admitted that you're done with Christianity.

Also, I did not say you are agreeing with him. I said you are agreeing with a man who is saying there is no way to get to heaven. There is a difference. He is denying everything. Why would you side with such a man? Because he is against the gospel of Christ.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on July 30th, 2019, 9:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama »

You all can believe what you want.

I have given the gospel to people who have no problem believing. The people who have trouble believing are the ones who don't want God. Jesus was sent into the world to save the world. It says it right there in John 3:16 and the surrounding verses exactly why God came to world . That was to save the world. From what? From hell, naturally. How do we get saved? Through belief. Just read John 3:16. Everybody knows that verse and the answer is right there without any trickery.

John 3:16-17 KJV
16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

You can believe hell exists for any time period you want. Of course they burn for eternity. What other length of time would it be? Eternal joy, peace and love in heaven, and eternal shame in hell. This doesn't matter though, if you are going to heaven. I mean the topic itself. Either you want to avoid hell or not. Thinking that hell is temporary means acceptance of going to hell, because at least it has an end. Hell doesn't have an ending. Just as there is eternal life in heaven, there is eternal punishment in hell.

Revelation 14:11 KJV

11 And the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever and ever: and they have no rest day nor night, who worship the beast and his image, and whosoever receiveth the mark of his name.

Jude 7 KJV

7 Even as Sodom and Gomorrha, and the cities about them in like manner, giving themselves over to fornication, and going after strange flesh, are set forth for an example, suffering the vengeance of eternal fire.

Matthew 25:46 KJV

46 And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.

I do not lick my lips nor salivate. My intention was only to warn others. You don't have to heed the warning though.

Also, thank you for calling me a false teacher. Take note, however, that you'll condemn me, though I teach from the Bible. However you will not condemn another who denies entry into heaven by faith or by works, which is denying Christianity altogether. That man you will agree with, while you'd curse and condemn me. :)

By the way, Ghost. I don't post here for your edification. I don't post for you at all. I only post because there may be some lurkers who are interested. I don't respond to you to debate you. But rather to prevent lurkers from going down the same road to damnable heresy.

Go in peace.
Last edited by Adama on June 10th, 2016, 3:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama »

1 John 5:13 KJV**
[13] These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.
John 6:47 KJV**
[47] Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath everlasting life.
John 10:42 KJV*
[42] And many believed on him there.
Romans 4:3 KJV**
[3] For what saith the scripture? Abraham believed God, and it was counted unto him for righteousness.
James 2:23 KJV**
[23] And the scripture was fulfilled which saith, Abraham believed God, and it was imputed unto him for righteousness: and he was called the Friend of God.
Acts 16:30-31 KJV**
[30] And brought them out, and said, Sirs, what must I do to be saved? [31] And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.
Genesis 15:6 KJV**
[6] And he believed in the Lord ; and he counted it to him for righteousness.
Galatians 3:26: KJV *
[26]For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.
Jude 1:5 KJV**
[5] I will therefore put you in remembrance, though ye once knew this, how that the Lord, having saved the people out of the land of Egypt, afterward destroyed them that believed not.
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama »

Psalm 89:30 KJV
[30]If his children forsake my law, and walk not in my judgments;
Psalm 89:31 KJV
[31]If they break my statutes, and keep not my commandments;
Psalm 89:32 KJV
[32] Then will I visit their transgression with the rod,
and their iniquity with stripes.
Psalm 89:33 KJV
[33]Nevertheless my lovingkindness will I not utterly take from him, nor suffer my faithfulness to fail.
Psalm 89:34 KJV
[34]My covenant will I not break, nor alter the thing
that is gone out of my lips.

Romans 10:3 KJV
[3]For they being ignorant of God's righteousness, and going about to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted themselves unto the righteousness of God.

John 6:64 KJV
[64]But there are some of you that believe not. For Jesus knew from the beginning who they were that believed not, and who should betray him.
(Judas was not ever saved.)
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama »

Ghost wrote:Not that hell exists, not that the hellfire is eternal (i.e., can't be put out - not the same as eternal torture), but that there is eternal torture. As far as I know, this isn't even in the Bible.
Wow. I just realized how ridiculously stupid the question even is. What would be the point of eternal fire if it isnt for eternal punishment?

Look at how this character makes sure to go out of his way to parse the difference, as if there were one, between eternal hellfire and eternal punishment. As if eternal hellfire wouldn't serve the purpose of eternal torture and punishment. Wow.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama »

Ghost wrote: God torturing people for eternity has nothing to with God. It's all about you. This is your ego talking. Arrogance is the least of it. It goes beyond pride too. You're not talking about what God will do, but what YOU want to do. What you wish would happen.
This is the reasoning he comes up with whenever someone tries to warn others that if they don't believe on Christ that they'll die and go to hell for eternity. Soul winners wish to warn others to prevent them from going to hell. But there are those who want us to believe that warning others is really wishing damnation upon them. Those are two vastly different things.

First I don't know who is going to hell and who isn't. Also, it isnt for me to wish anyone to hell. And lastly, it doesn't matter how I feel, because I do not have the power to send anyone to hell.

All I am doing is citing the warnings which are in the Bible. That's why I post the verses which contain those warnings. But I suppose if you are against the spreading of the gospel, you'll come up with every accusation. I will say though, I do not feel sorry for those who would prevent the gospel from being spread. Nor do I feel sympathy for those who can't believe on the Lord to be saved.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on July 30th, 2019, 9:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.