Something I've noticed about foreign women

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
Linc4Love
Freshman Poster

Something I've noticed about foreign women

Post by Linc4Love »

They rarely have tattoos. I've been looking at a lot of profiles and not one of them seems to be sporting a tattoo. Interesting.

Tattoos for me BTW are a dealbreaker for the most part. I've never understood this recent phenomena where American women are seemingly compelled to ink their bodies with tattoos and piercings in places that aren't even classified by science yet.
dano
Freshman Poster

Post by dano »

The filipina that I used to chat with has a tattoo on her arm and she is unstable. I think she was the only asian woman I've seen with one. Women that have tattoos are not marriage material, its a feminist statement.
Think Different
Junior Poster

Post by Think Different »

What about guys with tattoos? Are they considered unstable, too?
skeptic
Freshman Poster

Post by skeptic »

Tattoosa are indeed nonsense. I just don't understand why women get them - it looks ugly and destroys the natural beauty of the woman's body. But this is not the first such nonsense in history. A few decades ago women started smoking. I can't understand what's on their mind that prompts them to adopt these habits that are genuinely men-like and are being discouraged even among men. But with regard to smoking, while there are still women who do, the habit of smoking is generally losing its popularity, largely because of the more and more restrictions on that. It's hard to say now what will happen with the popularity of tattoos, particularly among women. I guess a lot depend on us (i.e. men). By not showing sufficient interest in tattoo's women, we'll teach them a lesson.

Is this phenomenon limited to the United States? I don't know, because during my not-so-frequent vacations abroad I pay more attention to the landscape I'm visiting (especially to transportation facilities). But a short while ago, when meeting-and-greeting Russian Work&Travel students, I noticed a tattoo on one of girls I was helping (the girl was otherwise nice-looking, but, yes, a tattoo is a big turnoff). So, unfortunately, this trend may have a larger scale, even if it happens to originate in the U.S.
You can run away from America, but you CAN'T run away from yourself.
Enishi
Freshman Poster

Post by Enishi »

Even though I hang out with lots of goth people, I could never quite understand the need many people have for tattoos and piercings either. Why? Why permanently alter your body like that? It seems so neurotic and childish. The explanation that it's just for the sake of "artwork" or "self expression" to me sounds like a weak rationalization as well. I know people who've gone out to get tattoos and piercings on the fly just because they're depressed or their boyfriend broke up with them. O.o

I think what often happens is that many people who have a greater level of awareness and depth than most of the herd may feel ostracized and weird. And thus, they rebel against this by doing specific things that the herd tend to dislike as a coping mechanism. It's understandable, but ultimately a neurotic and unhealthy behavior.
Linc4Love
Freshman Poster

Post by Linc4Love »

RedDog wrote:What about guys with tattoos? Are they considered unstable, too?
Yep, pretty much. :D

I'm ok with guys having tattoos, because I see this as a male trait, and when a woman does it she becomes much less feminine to me for that reason. It ruins what could have otherwise been a perfect female body, but then again they don't care about pleasing men but about rebelling against society and competing with other women.
Linc4Love
Freshman Poster

Post by Linc4Love »

Enishi wrote:Even though I hang out with lots of goth people, I could never quite understand the need many people have for tattoos and piercings either. Why? Why permanently alter your body like that? It seems so neurotic and childish. The explanation that it's just for the sake of "artwork" or "self expression" to me sounds like a weak rationalization as well. I know people who've gone out to get tattoos and piercings on the fly just because they're depressed or their boyfriend broke up with them. O.o

I think what often happens is that many people who have a greater level of awareness and depth than most of the herd may feel ostracized and weird. And thus, they rebel against this by doing specific things that the herd tend to dislike as a coping mechanism. It's understandable, but ultimately a neurotic and unhealthy behavior.
The problem is everyone is doing it now, so it's become a mainstream phenomena. You would now be rebelling against society by NOT sporting a tattoo. Some time ago I had a conversation with my best friend about this, and he used to tell me that tattoos were a turn on for him because he rarely saw one. Now that every girl out there has one, they've become a turnoff to him. Interesting.

About a year ago there was this one chick from Alabama who took a real liking to me, but I found her grotesque partly because of her many tattoos. I told her I wasn't into chicks with tattoos and she completely went bugfuck nuts. Even launched a campaign on Facebook against me and how guys like us were bigots because we didn't like the ink, and if we couldn't see how sexy girls are with their tattoos then we can just kiss their asses. :shock:

Yeah that'll really change my mind. :P
Enishi
Freshman Poster

Post by Enishi »

Indeed. "Rebellion for the sake of rebellion" behaviors seem to have a way of becoming mainstream.

I think that some small tattoos on the arms or hips CAN be ok, especially if they look genuinely decent and aren't done just for the sake of the above reasons. Usually the people who get them go overboard though.
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

Enishi wrote:Indeed. "Rebellion for the sake of rebellion" behaviors seem to have a way of becoming mainstream.

I think that some small tattoos on the arms or hips CAN be ok, especially if they look genuinely decent and aren't done just for the sake of the above reasons. Usually the people who get them go overboard though.
I just came back from a wedding and oh my f-ing God, almost ALL the girls in the wedding party had tattoos ALL OVER THIER BODIES! :shock: Their entire backs, arms and necks had tattoos only a few of the guys at the wedding had tattoos.

I couldn't imagine marrying a girl with tattoos. I also don't understand guys who have lot's of tattoos on their body. Someone once said this trend started in the 1990's when the prison sub-culture went mainstream in the US.

Women like guys with tattoos because she preceives the guy to be a "bad boy" and this of course gets her excited! The "bad boy" image and the "thug" image gets women excited. When I think about the idea of marrying a woman with tattoos all over her body, I don't know if I should laugh ......... or vomit! :lol:
skeptic
Freshman Poster

Post by skeptic »

Funny story about tattoos. When I was about 8 or 9, still in the Soviet Byelorussia, I was once riding a trolleybus and noticed that the male driver had some drawings on his arms. I did not know what it was, I had never seen that before and it seemed funny to me. So, when I came home, I took a pen and drew something on my arms. Luckily, my "tattoo" was easy to wash off. It was only later that I found out what tattooing really is about. But by that time I was more mature and did not want it anymore.
You can run away from America, but you CAN'T run away from yourself.
travel_man
Freshman Poster

Post by travel_man »

No, tatoos unfortunately aren't limited to the United States or Canada where you'll also find plenty of girls with ugly, sleazy looking tats. I think it's pretty much a growing trend world wide and the target is definitely females. I've seen it in the Philippines, in Brazil, and even in a conservative culture like Korea where it's being popularized by tattoo artists working in outdoor plazas. So I'd say foreign women deface themselves just like American women do, although perhaps not to the same extent.
Jackal
Experienced Poster

Post by Jackal »

I don't see too many women in Hungary who have tattoos, but a few do.

Tattoos on a woman don't bother me if they're fairly small and the woman is hot.

I could work around these...
Linc4Love
Freshman Poster

Post by Linc4Love »

Those are tramp stamps by the way. You sure you want to be hitting that? Gonorrhea isn't a pleasant picnic ya know. :wink:

Actually I consider any tattoo on a girl to be a tramp stamp.
have2fly
Junior Poster

Well

Post by have2fly »

It seems to be a statement of "badass" for American guys to have tattoos. Because guys in movies and MTV do, I will have one as well! :) So retarded...

I completely agree with statements above, tattoos on girls are "turn off" right away for me. When I was younger, I didn't care much cuz I just wanted to get laid. Now that I think of every girl as a serious relationship - tattoo is a HUGE negative side for me. Thus, about 80% of American women are in the "no-no" zone for me.

Yes, tattoos are getting more wide-spread in the world and I see more and more Russian-Ukrainian Work & Travel students getting them, they see it as a memory of "great time in America" or that it looks "cute". They are just young and dumb. Women in their 30's seem to erase tattoos in Russia-Ukraine or have less of them as they mature and understand that their kids would not appreciate that. As my friend once said: "How will you show your ugly tattoos to your grandkids?" I agree with that. You have to show a good example to your kids and grand kids and not approve their mistakes because you made yours. You never made your mistakes, so they should not either.

Luckily, there are many great looking girls in the world without tattoos. America seems to be the biggest zombied brain-washed country in this matter - everyone I see has a piercing or tattoos or both. WTF? What happened to being "normal" or looking "presentable"?

In Ex USSR there is a bad association with tattoos because guys who had them were mostly former prisoners. It is a prison thing in ex USSR to get a tattoo which will say something associating you with a prison you were at or something from a gang culture.
ultraviolet
Freshman Poster

Post by ultraviolet »

Guide to tattoos (I saved from the original DGM board):

LBTatoo/above ass crack:Slut who likes it from behind. Probably will let you go anal with her. Smokes and drinks quite a bit. Good possibility of VD.

Prominently sized upper back tat (like angel or butterfly wings): Probably bi or lez. Will do sex but probably not into sex in general.

Prominently sized tat along arms (like the shoulder):Nihilistic. Punk or hard core rockabilly. Likes to be slapped/spanked during sex. Beware of psychotic boyfriend.

Prominently sized tat on stomach/surrounding belly button: Dumb as a rock. Usually eventually realizes that the tat they got is stupid, and regrets it.

Small tat on shoulder, arm, ankle, belly, etc.: Typically suburban girls who got the tat when they were really young as a means of “self expression� or “self identity�. Future soccer moms.

Tat on the back of the neck: Usually the smartest of the bunch. Likes to be held, hugged. But are often bipolar.

I was told this by an acquaintance who works in a tattoo parlor.