Discuss religion and spirituality topics.
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Understanding a belief-based religion: questions for Ada

Post by Adama »

Ghost wrote:
This right here tells me you don't get it. I don't hate the Bible. That you would suggest such a silly thing reaffirms what I already know about you: that this has little to do with the Bible, and is mostly about your fragile ego.
You really suffer from a reprobate mind if you think I am trying to win a popularity contest.
A good man is above pettiness. He is better than that.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on July 30th, 2019, 8:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama »

Ghost wrote:
Adama wrote:Quite frankly, it doesn't disappoint me that you don't get it and that you don't want to get it.
Sure it does. That's why you keep replying to this thread. All I wanted from this thread was to understand your belief system, for you to make it make sense. I am disappointed in you.
No, it was pretty clear to me when you started posting about support for reincarnation in the Bible. At that point, I felt secure that you'd never believe, if you believe that which isn't written there, but somehow refuse to believe that which is there.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on July 30th, 2019, 8:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama »

Ghost wrote:
Adama wrote:In theory you can believe in Jesus and believe there isn't a hell. However, if you believe in Jesus, you will believe His Word. You don't hear the Word, that means you're probably not saved. Most especially if you don't understand verses which are straightforward and easy to understand, that says that you are definitely not saved.
Translation: whoever does not agree with my interpretation of the Bible is going to burn! This. Is. About. Your. Ego.
You keep thinking that.

1 John 4:6 We are of God: he that knoweth God heareth us; he that is not of God heareth not us. Hereby know we the spirit of truth, and the spirit of error.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on July 30th, 2019, 8:35 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama »

John 11:26 KJV

[26] And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this?

Never die = never go to hell.
death of the soul = hell

I think I can use my ego here and say that any reasonable person who comes to this thread will see that it is fact that everlasting punishment takes place in hell for eternity, that death = hell just as eternal life = heaven, that salvation is by faith alone without works, and that never die = never go to hell reinforcing that death and hell go together for the condemned.

This is the faith or belief based religion. It's easy to be saved. All you need is the faith of a child. Take care.
Ghost wrote:
John 9: 1-3 wrote:(1) As he went along, he saw a man blind from birth. (2) His disciples asked him, “Rabbi, who sinned, this man or his parents, that he was born blind?”

(3) “Neither this man nor his parents sinned,” said Jesus, “but this happened so that the works of God might be displayed in him.
It's a clear allusion to reincarnation. I wasn't arguing that reincarnation is true. The disciples clearly were referring to reincarnation in this verse. (How could a man sin before he is born?) There are allusions to it in the Bible. This is a fact. No matter how much you deny it, it is written there.
Exactly. You believe that which is NOT written there, and even posted two or three more verses supporting this "allusion to reincarnation". Yet verses which say that salvation is by faith alone, or which support everlasting punishment in hell, those verses which are explicit and clear you refuse to believe.
Last edited by Adama on June 15th, 2016, 4:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on July 30th, 2019, 8:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on July 30th, 2019, 8:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

Adama wrote: I've given the gospel to strangers and done soul winning. Never have I encountered anyone like you or the Adventurer. Most people accept the gospel with gladness. I have never had anyone be so hateful towards the Bible and the messenger as have you two.
How can you forget to mention me, Adama?

So far you did not answer any of my questions, for example, who is now really a Christian and where are those true Christian churches?
I was asking also about the soul, about its consciousness - just simple questions...

What you write about hell/heaven makes no sense. As far as I understand, you say, only the Christian believer will escape hell - regardless whatever s/he did during life - and a person who does not believe will be in hell forever - regardless whatever s/he did during life.

Sounds rather unfair to me, there are many people who are clearly not Christians but do not harm others and often selflessly help others and they stay in hell - and there are plenty of Christians who are criminals, like in Philippines or in Latin America, and they need only to repent and they move on to a better afterlife...

What about small children who died or any other person who never had any instruction about Christianity? Will they also be sent to hell?

I expect Adama-Church to open soon. Still under construction, looking for donations...
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama »

Yohan wrote:
Adama wrote: I've given the gospel to strangers and done soul winning. Never have I encountered anyone like you or the Adventurer. Most people accept the gospel with gladness. I have never had anyone be so hateful towards the Bible and the messenger as have you two.
How can you forget to mention me, Adama?

So far you did not answer any of my questions, for example, who is now really a Christian and where are those true Christian churches?
I was asking also about the soul, about its consciousness - just simple questions...

What you write about hell/heaven makes no sense. As far as I understand, you say, only the Christian believer will escape hell - regardless whatever s/he did during life - and a person who does not believe will be in hell forever - regardless whatever s/he did during life.

Sounds rather unfair to me, there are many people who are clearly not Christians but do not harm others and often selflessly help others and they stay in hell - and there are plenty of Christians who are criminals, like in Philippines or in Latin America, and they need only to repent and they move on to a better afterlife...

What about small children who died or any other person who never had any instruction about Christianity? Will they also be sent to hell?
See, you understand but you still can't believe. I would not want to be in your position in the end. That is the worst position to find yourself in, that is understanding the plan of salvation and yet rejecting it and holding it in unbelief. That is way worse than never having known the way of truth.

At least you finally got your answer, and look what you've done to yourself in the process. Only making things worse for yourself, because you hate me. That's unfortunate for you, not me.

Any question which you need answered can be found on this website. These are people who believe the same plan of salvation as I do. Here you can learn more about the differences between the different denominations of Christianity, specially the fake Christians known as Catholics, Jehovahs Witnesses, Seventh Day Adventists, Mormons, and most of the protestants as well: http://www.gotquestions.org/questions_Christianity.html http://www.gotquestions.org/
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama »

Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on July 30th, 2019, 8:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama »

Ghost wrote:Why can't you just answer the questions, Adama? It's your belief system, so you should know all about it and be able to explain it.

But I suspect the reason you don't is because you know your answers would be non-sensical.

So...let's try again. People who lived before the time of Jesus and also before the time of the Israelites, what happens to them? How, in your belief system, is their salvation or damnation determined? Remember, this is before there could possibly be any missionaries or messengers, etc. In the same vein, what happens to aborted infants, for example?

Don't give us links or dodge the question (which will only cause me to press the issue further.) Answer it yourself. Just explain what you believe and why.
You're being hostile. I don't want to engage in an argument with you. You can search that site for the answers. The answers there would be just about the same as the answers I would give you. Also, keep in mind that I am just a believer. I am not a pastor. I simply can't sit here and teach you doctrine, because that is beyond my ability as a layman. That's not my job either. That's not my mission in life, as far as I can tell either. So it is not my responsibility or obligation to teach you. Sorry.

http://www.gotquestions.org/aborted-babies-heaven.html

http://www.gotquestions.org/Old-Testame ... ation.html

But look at how angry you are.

"Don't give us links or dodge the question (which will only cause me to press the issue further.) Answer it yourself. " That's just unreasonable. Go ahead and stomp your feet. You're acting like a child. You've lost control of your mind. You don't dictate terms here. Either you accept the answer I give or you reject it. That's it. I will not jump through further hoops for your amusement, especially now since it has become obvious your mind is reprobate.
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

Ghost wrote: Don't give us links or dodge the question (which will only cause me to press the issue further.) Answer it yourself. Just explain what you believe and why.
Well, it is the first time that Adama shows up with a link to show us from where he gets all his religious ideas.

http://www.gotquestions.org/about.html
http://www.gotquestions.org/S-Michael-Houdmann.html

It's not only about a few guys of Happierabroad who are skeptical about such religious teaching.

http://brightcitizen.com/will-the-true- ... -houdmann/

Will The True False Teacher, Please Stand Up? Insights On Hank Hanegraaff And Michael Houdmann
from the text:

..... there are religious witch-hunters in America trying to impose their views of God on others who unfortunately bring politics into the Christian realm. There are those who preclude that they have all the answers and their interpretations on the Bible is God’s truth. Unfortunately, this has brought much anger and resentment in the body of Christ.

Two such examples are Dutch immigrant Hank Hanegraaff and Colorado-based Michael Houdmann. Both men, seem to have self-endowed authority to interpret the Bible as they see fit and impose their views on Christians. Hank is known for his influence in the US through his Christian Research Institute (CRI) and American Bible Answer Man talk show. Michael imposes his views through his GotQuestions.org and family of other related websites he runs. Both men solicit funds through their websites, while critiquing others who do the same.

Instead of fostering unity among the various groups of believers, both men are busy deciding who is a cult and what group is not a cult. What is God, and what is not God.
http://www.blogos.org/gotquestions/s-mi ... acher.html

Is S. Michael Houdmann a false teacher?

Return to “Religion and Spirituality”