Demographics is the biggest issue

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
wanderlust
Freshman Poster

Re: Demographics is the biggest issue

Post by wanderlust »

Often in commentaries online I'll see women complaining that "there aren't any men." This pops up a lot in commentaries below the news articles in HuffPo, Vox, or progressive-left sites.

The only setting I know of where this holds true is the university setting - enrollments in US campuses are supposedly about 55% female and rising.

Here's another factor to consider. You often hear about the sex ratio, but what you rarely hear about is the operational sex ratio. In other words, of all the men or women, how many are looking or interested in dating, sex, marriage? I'll venture that the proportion of women with little or no interest in sex is a lot higher than among men, even after accounting for factors such as pregnancy and subsequent recovery time. So the numbers will be further lopsided when that's accounted for.

If you have a population of 1000 women and 1200 men, with 40% of that sample being married couples (similar to US demographics), that will leave you with 560 uncoupled women and 760 uncoupled men. That results in an unpaired sex ratio of 1.35 men per women before accounting for any other factors (asexuality, post-sexuality, sharing of top-tier men, and so on) so the operational sex ratio may be above 1.5 to 1, possibly by a significant margin.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Shemp
Experienced Poster

Post by Shemp »

The other factors are what count, which is why demographics is actually NOT the biggest issue. Women are sexually anorexic is the real problem. When men are allowed to have unlimited sex, men's sex drive quickly wanes, as the men realize they are being drained of energy by too much sex. Whereas women are energized by sex. If the women didnt shut themselves down sexually, and society didn't slut shame women and shame men for being cuckolds if they give money to single mothers (lots of guys on this forum shame both ways) there would be plenty of sex for all the men. One woman can satisfy a dozen men. Hypergamy only affects marriage and children. When women get into orgies, all they care about is hard cocks, the more the better.
MattHanson1990
Junior Poster

Post by MattHanson1990 »

Another big issue is that American women are promiscuous thanks to the sexual revolution. If you notice, they tend to monkey branch; they don't break up with their boyfriends until they have another guy lined up, and they're usually single only for a very short time.
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

MattHanson1990 wrote:Another big issue is that American women are promiscuous thanks to the sexual revolution. If you notice, they tend to monkey branch; they don't break up with their boyfriends until they have another guy lined up, and they're usually single only for a very short time.
Exactly Matt, women are hypergamous, a lot of them are always looking for the bigger better deal.

It's also a fact that women won't break up with their boyfriend until they have another guy lined up. This explains why single women in the USA are single for only a short period of time.
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
MatureDJ
Junior Poster

Post by MatureDJ »

wanderlust wrote:In any major city in the western US you can see that they don't have a problem doing so. I'd have to say they're no more dateless or celibate than Americans of the same age bracket; I used to work with LOTS of them, some of them could even juggle multiple GF's or had side action.

The pond we fish in depends largely on what economic class we come from. So for a working class man, that does make for bleak prospects. I've lived in several places and never saw working class women trying to date or marry up to professionals - it was always dominant alphas within their same class. I doubt they inquire about immigration status before hitting the sheets or moving in together.

The economic hypergamy I see (and there's plenty of it) seems to be concentrated among people who think a lot more about finances - upper middle class and above.
I agree. I remember being a newly minted engineer in SOCAL making pretty good money and I was talking to some women out of high school that weren't in college (they didn't really sound stupid), and it was like they couldn't care less. Contrast that with me being a few years older when I started a lot of interest from single mommies. (I am only counting the non-obese women here; fat chicks have always hit on me.) I think that one needed to be quite well-to-do to impress anyone decent.
GoingAwol
Junior Poster

Post by GoingAwol »

cdnFA wrote:
If you are not getting any play, from what I've seen, it's probably something to do with you.
I know because I am one of those guys. Only I can accept it.
You were really vague here, can you elaborate on this? Are you implying that something has to be wrong with a guy if he is unsuccessful in the American dating scene?
GoingAwol
Junior Poster

Post by GoingAwol »

wanderlust wrote:Often in commentaries online I'll see women complaining that "there aren't any men." This pops up a lot in commentaries below the news articles in HuffPo, Vox, or progressive-left sites.

The only setting I know of where this holds true is the university setting - enrollments in US campuses are supposedly about 55% female and rising.

Here's another factor to consider. You often hear about the sex ratio, but what you rarely hear about is the operational sex ratio. In other words, of all the men or women, how many are looking or interested in dating, sex, marriage? I'll venture that the proportion of women with little or no interest in sex is a lot higher than among men, even after accounting for factors such as pregnancy and subsequent recovery time. So the numbers will be further lopsided when that's accounted for.

If you have a population of 1000 women and 1200 men, with 40% of that sample being married couples (similar to US demographics), that will leave you with 560 uncoupled women and 760 uncoupled men. That results in an unpaired sex ratio of 1.35 men per women before accounting for any other factors (asexuality, post-sexuality, sharing of top-tier men, and so on) so the operational sex ratio may be above 1.5 to 1, possibly by a significant margin.
There are a lot of articles talking about how college educated women have trouble finding college educated men. Women may complain about a lack of college educated men, but at the end of the day they'd rather have a good looking blue collar guy than an average looking educated guy. Take it from me, I'm in college now and I don't meet any single women anywhere. They are either dating good looking college educated guys or blue collar guys, or they are lesbian. It's a case of water everywhere and not a drop to drink.
Shemp
Experienced Poster

Post by Shemp »

I'm not cdnFA, but I'll elaborate for him. It is not difficult to get women in America, but these women are often bad plus a man like me has to humiliate himself by pretending to be someone he is not to get even these bad women. I'm not sexually aggressive any more than I'm "food aggressive". For example, I routinely go without food for 24 hours in the city simply because I'm too lazy to go to the store (I keep no food in my hotel room) and I often fast for several days while hiking when I run out of food then. Similarly, I've gone without partner sex for years at a time (using masturbation as my sexual outlet), didn't lose my virginity until I was 27, haven't had an ejaculatory peak orgasm in years, etc. I think it is manly to be tough like this versus guys who are desperate for sex with women and will do anything to get them. But, let's face it, guys like me don't get laid a lot in the USA. LOL st this idea of follow your passion and women will come to you, which is definitely not true in the USA.

It wouldn't be difficult for me to pretend to want sex more than I do, in which case I would get it in the USA, so yes, technically speaking the problem is with me, but the problem is also with a society in which there is such a shortage of women that men like me have to pretend they are something they are not in order to get laid.

By contrast, here in Ukraine, I can be my usual low key self and women do much of the work for me. They exchange glances with me (unfortunately, I'm so battered by years of false leads by American women that I don't follow up, so now I'm the one giving false leads...), they put forth some effort in conversation rather than making me do all the work like I am her royal highness's personal court jester, etc.

I didn't come to Ukraine for women (i came to live cheap, and indeed it is cheap here), precisely because I don't care that much, and I don't really pursue women here, but it is obvious that I'll eventually meet someone. Which is how things SHOULD be. Women SHOULD be choosing men and not vice-versa, and women (at least women in their young 40's, which is my target age) SHOULD be on the lookout for men like me: rich, intelligent, excellent physical condition though bald on top, good in bed, etc. I shouldn't have to jump through hoops and be a dancing clown to get a woman like I would have to do back in the USA.

TL;DR: so yes, the "problem" is with the man if he can't date in the USA/Canada, but this "problem" might simply be that the man is not so desperate that he will do anything to get a woman (nor desperate for male validation, like guys who boast on the RooshV forum about their notch counts).
GoingAwol
Junior Poster

Post by GoingAwol »

retiredfrank wrote:I'm not cdnFA, but I'll elaborate for him. It is not difficult to get women in America, but these women are often bad plus a man like me has to humiliate himself by pretending to be someone he is not to get even these bad women. I'm not sexually aggressive any more than I'm "food aggressive". For example, I routinely go without food for 24 hours in the city simply because I'm too lazy to go to the store (I keep no food in my hotel room) and I often fast for several days while hiking when I run out of food then. Similarly, I've gone without partner sex for years at a time (using masturbation as my sexual outlet), didn't lose my virginity until I was 27, haven't had an ejaculatory peak or***m in years, etc. I think it is manly to be tough like this versus guys who are desperate for sex with women and will do anything to get them. But, let's face it, guys like me don't get laid a lot in the USA. LOL st this idea of follow your passion and women will come to you, which is definitely not true in the USA.

It wouldn't be difficult for me to pretend to want sex more than I do, in which case I would get it in the USA, so yes, technically speaking the problem is with me, but the problem is also with a society in which there is such a shortage of women that men like me have to pretend they are something they are not in order to get laid.

By contrast, here in Ukraine, I can be my usual low key self and women do much of the work for me. They exchange glances with me (unfortunately, I'm so battered by years of false leads by American women that I don't follow up, so now I'm the one giving false leads...), they put forth some effort in conversation rather than making me do all the work like I am her royal highness's personal court jester, etc.

I didn't come to Ukraine for women (i came to live cheap, and indeed it is cheap here), precisely because I don't care that much, and I don't really pursue women here, but it is obvious that I'll eventually meet someone. Which is how things SHOULD be. Women SHOULD be choosing men and not vice-versa, and women (at least women in their young 40's, which is my target age) SHOULD be on the lookout for men like me: rich, intelligent, excellent physical condition though bald on top, good in bed, etc. I shouldn't have to jump through hoops and be a dancing clown to get a woman like I would have to do back in the USA.

TL;DR: so yes, the "problem" is with the man if he can't date in the USA/Canada, but this "problem" might simply be that the man is not so desperate that he will do anything to get a woman (nor desperate for male validation, like guys who boast on the RooshV forum about their notch counts).
I am a 25 year old red blooded male and it is definitely not easy to get laid for most guys. Maybe some of you guys who think it is are older and it would probably be easy for ya'll, but it is not easy for us young guys. Young women are stuck-up and picky as hell. They are also batshit crazy.
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

GoingAwol wrote:I am a 25 year old red blooded male and it is definitely not easy to get laid for most guys. Maybe some of you guys who think it is are older and it would probably be easy for ya'll, but it is not easy for us young guys. Young women are stuck-up and picky as hell. They are also batshit crazy.
The US is one of the most difficult countries in the world to get laid. Studies show that most guys who say they are getting laid a lot in the US are lying (they actually had these guys take lie detector tests).

Now you know why so many guys from the US are taking trips to the Philippines, Thailand, Brazil, Columbia, Ukraine and Russia. :D
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
pete98146
Experienced Poster

Post by pete98146 »

jamesbond wrote:
GoingAwol wrote:I am a 25 year old red blooded male and it is definitely not easy to get laid for most guys. Maybe some of you guys who think it is are older and it would probably be easy for ya'll, but it is not easy for us young guys. Young women are stuck-up and picky as hell. They are also batshit crazy.
The US is one of the most difficult countries in the world to get laid. Studies show that most guys who say they are getting laid a lot in the US are lying (they actually had these guys take lie detector tests).

Now you know why so many guys from the US are taking trips to the Philippines, Thailand, Brazil, Columbia, Ukraine and Russia. :D
No doubt about it! On a related note, I work a few blocks away from Qwest Field in Seattle and yesterday we had 42,000 people in the area for US vs Equador soccer match. It was such a pleasure looking at some of the sexy young Latin ladies running around Pioneer Square pre functioning for the game.

Many of these girls were wearing short shirts and halter tops. They are proud of their bodies and they dress sexy. It was fun to witness :) But compare and contrast with your average Seattle woman who walks around wearing frumpy jeans and sweatshirts and it's obvious the effects of feminism has had on our country. Women have turned into these asexual beings. Long gone are days of flirting, eye contact, sexual energy and when you see ladies parading around who are not afraid to be feminine, all you do is think to yourself, "god I miss those days."

I do feel sorry for the single guys out there. It's not easy!
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

The shortage of single women in America coupled with feminism and the obesity epidemic has made the US the most difficult country in the world to meet women. Now you have women who look like this who feel they are entitled to a rich, handsome man! WTF? :shock:

IraqVet2003
Junior Poster

Post by IraqVet2003 »

jamesbond wrote:

Jamesbond, good post!!!