I Hate Living in America.

What's your story? Discussions your reasons for going abroad.
Eric
Experienced Poster

I Hate Living in America.

Post by Eric »

Of all the places I've ever been, ever lived, ever seen. I dislike America the most. Of all the people I've been around, talked to, cultures I've experienced....America is the most utterly morally bankrupt, depressing, dangerous, unfulfilling & demoralized culture I've ever seen. It's absolutely awful and for the longest time, I've beat myself up over this/these feelings. Not allowing myself to express or have them, because I'm constantly made fun of/ridiculed & made to shut up and feel like it's my fault.... told that Im spoiled, nothing but a spoiled brat, etc., for feeling the way I do.

I can honestly understand why the rest of the world hates America and Americans. If these are the type of interactions they are having, then I don't blame them. It seems like within the last 30 years, America has really, really, Really taken a downslide. Unfortunately, this is the only America I have ever known because I was born in '86. However, there were remnants of the good America I got to see and experience. I love my family and the neighborhoods I used to grow up in. Plenty of good memories of riding bikes, catching turtles, playing with friends out in the streets, nice girls to talk to and people who are friendly and have values.
Now, it's like I look out and see Mad Max all around. It's just depressing. ....everybody, all the young people are SO degraded, depraved, immoral and completely demoralized. It's like ...they are just people whom have never known what it's like to really be alive, love, have friends, etc. It's like all they know is, literally being bad, as bad as they can be, etc., fighting some smokescreen revolutionary cause, nd never taking the time to experience real & lasting communications, building strong friendships, culture...enjoying eachother. They willingly buy into a culture that degrades them, and try to put that pressure onyou to do same. It's like a virus.

I've always felt this darkness on me here. There is the good part of America and the bad part that is overtaking her. I get tired of feeling lonely. I'm tired of feeling so depressed and soul sunken inside, of being attacked for feeling the way I do; always feeling like I need to justify and explain why I don't like degradation and mediocrity. As if it were some good thing, etc. Anyways, just thoughts I'm having. Why go abroad?
Because the only time I've ever felt truly alive, and felt happy - was when I was outside of America . Sorry America, if that offends. It's not my fault and it's nothing I did. It's just how I feel, but attacking me for it doesn't and won't make me like it or you any more. Sorry, I've even tried that too. ...See we all have these things called feelings. They don't often make sense, and are particular to us and our experiences. But, attacking me when I express it ensures that I feel even worse and the further entrenched they go.

Just a thought.
Misery and happiness are only states of mind.
E Irizarry R&B Singer
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: I Hate Living in America.

Post by E Irizarry R&B Singer »

Stay strong and stay thirsty my friend [for non-feminist upstanding resound foreign women]. You will osmotically get through the storm.
Eric
Experienced Poster

Post by Eric »

I am currently in the United Arab Emirates, in Abu Dhabi....I stay here until 9 tonight - I flew all day to get here. Then I'm off to the far East, my final destination.

Thanks for your support support - friend, as always
Take care,

Eric
Hero
Experienced Poster

Post by Hero »

Only good thing about living in America is that it's the best place in the world for making money.
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

Hero wrote:Only good thing about living in America is that it's the best place in the world for making money.
The US used to be the best place to make money not anymore. We have been in a recession since Dec. of 2007.
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
Hero
Experienced Poster

Post by Hero »

jamesbond wrote:The US used to be the best place to make money not anymore. We have been in a recession since Dec. of 2007.
I guess it depends on your skill set and line of work. If you have a background in statistics and predictive modeling and work in financial services, you can do quite well in the USA.
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

Hero wrote:
jamesbond wrote:The US used to be the best place to make money not anymore. We have been in a recession since Dec. of 2007.
I guess it depends on your skill set and line of work. If you have a background in statistics and predictive modeling and work in financial services, you can do quite well in the USA.
What percentage of the population has a background in all of that? Probably less than 1 percent. The economy has been horrible for almost every American since December of 2007, wages have gone DOWN 20% for most Americans since 2007. :shock:

America is no longer the "land of opportunity" most people in the US are just barely getting by, that includes a lot of college graduates.
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
Lorenzo
Freshman Poster

Post by Lorenzo »

If you don't like it then leave. America is not for everyone. I would rather be on an enchanted Asian isle a with a young petite Asian girl working me over any day! Rather than bitch about the changing America which can't be stopped go find happiness...
Eric
Experienced Poster

Post by Eric »

I'm in China. I just got here last night - or this morning, I can't tell. Undergoing extreme culture shock. Everyone seems friendly, but I'm white, caucasian and 6'3" feet tall. Everyone looks at me when I go around outside...I just get stares of surprise/interest/ & sometimes disgust everywhere I go. I don't speak Chinese.

So far the people here seem very friendly/hospitable. It's everything I hoped a foreign country would be...I just feel very incredibly lonely, I want to make friends with people - but not sure how to navigate it. I also don't want to look like an America tool, so just being able to be myself vs. blending to the culture is a challenge. Obviously, want to have fun while I'm here...women, etc., but very sensitive about any cultural mores I may violate here. (Will a Chinese man get mad at me if I'm hitting on a Chinese woman?) I'm very respectful of culture, but I want to be still be able to have lots of fun, relax....and be myself.
I don't see many foreigners here.

Begin on Monday. Head spinning from jet lag, etc. Think it's Saturday.
Anyway, I'm glad still to be out of that politically correct, discrimination riddled, class warfare inducing, mental illness producing feminist shit-hole called America. No matter how hard things are here.
I'll post more later. Thanks
starchild5
Veteran Poster

Post by starchild5 »

Congrats Eric...You made it...Now its just a matter of time and your body adjusting to the new space. Everything will come, read more on what Winston wrote in other threads on China, it should be helpful to you.

You will get women and have fun, just give it some time...Google ...happening places in China, Go to clubs, you will be a King....Chinese women love Caucasian men, all Asian women do.... :lol: :lol:

Happy that you are in China now...
gnosis
Freshman Poster

Post by gnosis »

I'm happy for you, Eric. Start working on your spoken Mandarin. Even a little bit helps. Get a tutor, also think about downloading Pimsleur Mandarin. You can probably get it free on a torrent site.

You'll make more friends as time goes by...And meet girls :D
E Irizarry R&B Singer
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by E Irizarry R&B Singer »

Eric, hey good friend!!!!! Just remember when learning Mandarin to not take shit personally once you find out what it is that they are saying, even if and when they disrespect you. When people bump into on the train or push you on the train or step on your shoes unintentionlly, don't take it personal. Seriously. ONce you learn to suck that up, you will love it over jacka.s.s. U.S. of Gay-a.s.s. America anyday. Good luck!!!!
Eric
Experienced Poster

Post by Eric »

Haha, thanks guys it really helps alot. Will check out Winston's threads on China - I finally got a power converter hooked up to my PC so now I can surf the net and access to this site.

p.s.

Already at the airport I talked to a fine Russian girl - had to be over 6 feet tall. She actually was interested in talking to me! She was kind, sweet and effeminate - it was such a surprise! It was in Abu Dhabi. ALso the stewardesses 2 of them were from Portugal, so fine, so hot. It's a different world out here...

keep in touch.
KaylieKaylee
Freshman Poster

Post by KaylieKaylee »

I am a US citizen. I really hate living here. People think that it can't be that bad. Only if you are very rich can you live in comfort. I'm jealous of all the stories I see/hear of other countries getting free/cheap healthcare, free/cheap education, etc. People say America is great because of purely materialistic things that don't contribute to happiness. Conventions, movies, an abundance of shitty food we don't need, etc. do not make for healthy citizens and are not vital. Once the high from materialism wears off, one can find that America is nothing more than a breeding ground of entitled and uneducated people.

I am so sick of the wealth divided, having to pay in the literal thousands for sub par education, the lack of public transportation system. We are continuously bombarded by MORE, MORE MORE! I'm sick of people making fun of obesity here as well. If anyone else were born in this country from any of part of the world, they would most likely be obese as well. We are brainwashed and given bigger portion sizes, more additives in our food, just so we can get addicted and buy more. Poor people have little to no access to healthy food because it is expensive. We are told to buy unhealthy and inexpensive food because it's "SOO GOOD". People also don't take into account how much Americans work and how little we have to walk. There is very little access to decent public transportation.
GoingAwol
Junior Poster

Post by GoingAwol »

KaylieKaylee wrote:I am a US citizen. I really hate living here. People think that it can't be that bad. Only if you are very rich can you live in comfort. I'm jealous of all the stories I see/hear of other countries getting free/cheap healthcare, free/cheap education, etc. People say America is great because of purely materialistic things that don't contribute to happiness. Conventions, movies, an abundance of shitty food we don't need, etc. do not make for healthy citizens and are not vital. Once the high from materialism wears off, one can find that America is nothing more than a breeding ground of entitled and uneducated people.

I am so sick of the wealth divided, having to pay in the literal thousands for sub par education, the lack of public transportation system. We are continuously bombarded by MORE, MORE MORE! I'm sick of people making fun of obesity here as well. If anyone else were born in this country from any of part of the world, they would most likely be obese as well. We are brainwashed and given bigger portion sizes, more additives in our food, just so we can get addicted and buy more. Poor people have little to no access to healthy food because it is expensive. We are told to buy unhealthy and inexpensive food because it's "SOO GOOD". People also don't take into account how much Americans work and how little we have to walk. There is very little access to decent public transportation.
You completely contradicted yourself. Early in the post, you said you envy other countries because they get free healthcare and education, but later in the post you spoke of entitled people and bitched about paying high taxes. Do you not realize that people in other countries get those things (free education and healthcare)because they pay high taxes?