Do you believe in love?

Discuss and talk about any general topic.

Do you believe in love?

Yes
87%
No
13%

Total votes: 15
MarcosZeitola
Elite Upper Class Poster

Do you believe in love?

Post by MarcosZeitola »

A pretty simple, yes or no question. I will give only two options, but an unwritten third would be: "I believe in love, but do not believe it's something I want
aspire to or think is good for me".

Let's see how the divide between romantics and cynics is on this site. And if people actually want to chase romance abroad, or just p***y and pleasure. I have a feeling that a LOT of folks here are very, very jaded and cynical. I would like to see how many, in terms of percentages. Or if there's still some hopeful people and optimists out there. Some idealism.

What your answer will be likely will boil down to how you view women in general. Are they all the same, or do you believe there's differences depending on what country and culture they hail from. The whole NAWALT-thing. Have you guys Redpilled yourself out of romance, yet?
On "Faux-Tradionalists" and why they're heading nowhere: viewtopic.php?style=1&f=37&t=29144
droid
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Do you believe in love?

Post by droid »

Yes, with some of the "I believe in love, but do not believe it's something I want
aspire to or think is good for me
" sprinkled in there.

Love is amazing, but i think having grown up in the west, with both frustration and individualism, makes the desire to travel to more places and meet more or possibly hotter women win over settling down. I think Winston has a similar issue.
Like I've said Marcos, you're the only one here that seems to fully believe in love :wink:

The guys saying "AWALT" seem too jaded and haven't probably experienced a nice empathetic connection with someone.
Of course one could say that "AWALT" since if they are exposed to a bad environment, they will become spoiled, but that applies to everyone.
But the reality, and the premise of this site actually is that there are different environments. It's moot to ponder whether a good person would get spoiled, when spoiled.
1)Too much of one thing defeats the purpose.
2)Everybody is full of it. What's your hypocrisy?
Nomad
Freshman Poster

Post by Nomad »

I have a feeling that a LOT of folks here are very, very jaded and cynical.
They should be jaded and cynical. Its not exactly a lover's roost of good women out there who want nothing more than to be sweet little house wives. This is the 21st century and I have never seen women stoop this low when it comes to being degenerates.

Obviously i'm married, so I can't say "ALL" women, then I would just be a fool for getting married, wouldn't I?

But the truth be told, when it comes to woman hunting, if a woman shows you interest, then you check her character. That is what will determine what will make or break your marriage.

Men have options out there, but they should not be "positive" about what’s currently running around. This generation has one of the most toxic and hostile dating environments, and one shouldn't just push your head in the sand and pretends it not there because not all the basket of apples are bad, most are, few aren't.

To put it another way, my cousin who has the "bad boy look", who literally scrolls through his phone like a waterfall of half naked to nudies from girls wanting to be his GF... said this, when I asked him how is the dating scene..

"Its a wasteland".
Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Moretorque »

LOVE :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: , look around you at what we are leaving our children, two animals who cannot control themselves is all love is ! :oops:
Time to Hide!
Teal Lantern
Veteran Poster

Post by Teal Lantern »

Yes. I've even seen the structural formulas of some of the chemicals that give rise to it. Helluva drug. :P

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N6uEMOeDZsA[/youtube]
не поглеждай назад. 8)

"Even an American judge is unlikely to award child support for imputed children." - FredOnEverything
Banano
Veteran Poster

Post by Banano »

Question is not clear enough

Love - strong feeling of affection towards someone or something

Every human experiences feelings of love on a daily basis i.e love for women, parents, kids, dogs,horses, cars ...

Nothin to believe or not believe
chanta76
Experienced Poster

Post by chanta76 »

I didn't vote...I'm married ..and my wife is form overseas. Being married for these years marriage is tough..Even if you find a woman overseas they are not toys or objects that you just do what you please. If you want a slave..don't get married. Women are women .I mean yes overseas women may have different values but when it comes to wants expectation and feelings it's no different from any other women. I think in the west the culture is just so messed up and confusing that western women don't know what they want.

Anyway, getting back to love. Love is a feeling but in order to maintain it takes works but if you never experience love you really miss out. Love is so much better than just p4p..I know because I did p4p early in my life . p4p if anything is a temporary fix at least to me. I mean if your lonely or empty going to p4p can help but short term wise . I remember afterwards depression setting in afterwards .

I think guys who either just do p4p or monger just want the short term fix . Love on the other hand is hard...you have to expose yourself and it does leave you vulnerable to pain. At the same time love is feeling and like any other feelings if it is not maintain can go away..so in many marriage or relationship if there is no love people do break up. Believe it or not I heard that man fall in love more so than women.

Anyway, I think for marriage or long term relationship there are couples who stay together not for love but for convenience. Kind of like a long term p4p or buy in girl friend. I think that's what allot of mongers do. They go to Asia rent a girl friend for months and it feels like the real thing and maybe it is to some extent but only if you fulfill your role that is. I can understand why guys would monger it's like playing safe..
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on April 5th, 2019, 6:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Moretorque »

Ghost wrote:, such as pretty-boys getting on message forums .
You are referring to Mr. Wu of course ?
Time to Hide!
OutWest
Veteran Poster

Post by OutWest »

MarcosZeitola wrote:A pretty simple, yes or no question. I will give only two options, but an unwritten third would be: "I believe in love, but do not believe it's something I want

Let's see how the divide between romantics and cynics is on this site. And if people actually want to chase romance abroad, or just p***y and pleasure. I have a feeling that a LOT of folks here are very, very jaded and cynical. I would like to see how many, in terms of percentages. Or if there's still some hopeful people and optimists out there. Some idealism.

What your answer will be likely will boil down to how you view women in general. Are they all the same, or do you believe there's differences depending on what country and culture they hail from. The whole NAWALT-thing. Have you guys Redpilled yourself out of romance, yet?
Weak question, but I'll say yes. Shall we call it intense dedication and affection bound up with commitment...flavored with mercy and grace. My wife loves me, as do my children. . With that, I figure I've won the jackpot enough to not push my luck...
Nomad
Freshman Poster

Post by Nomad »

OutWest wrote:
MarcosZeitola wrote:A pretty simple, yes or no question. I will give only two options, but an unwritten third would be: "I believe in love, but do not believe it's something I want

Weak question, but I'll say yes. Shall we call it intense dedication and affection bound up with commitment...flavored with mercy and grace. My wife loves me, as do my children. . With that, I figure I've won the jackpot enough to not push my luck...
In this day and age, just having a wife love you and stick with you is worth its weight in gold. See'ing what happens to divorced men and what the legal system does to them and all their hard earnings makes one really 2nd guess getting married.

Basically marriage, which is a good noble institution, has been corrupted. Relationships are absolutely neccessary for the health and well-being of people, and the governments have basically come in to a bad situation and weaponized it. The suicide rate for men is 11x times higher after a divorce.

So yeah, having a wife that loves you, should definitely keep a man content with his lot in life.
S_Parc
Veteran Poster

Post by S_Parc »

Teal Lantern wrote:Yes. I've even seen the structural formulas of some of the chemicals that give rise to it. Helluva drug. :P

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N6uEMOeDZsA[/youtube]
You forgot the primary Huey Lewis reference, the actual title of this thread :lol:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EedcpeHBmro[/youtube]

There's a great story about Huey's first hit song. He was in his early 30s, desperate to launch his career since he wasn't getting any younger, his musical passion, R&B, simply wasn't paying the bills and then, like all other artists, sold out and bought himself a packaged top 40 type of bubble pop from a ghostwriter, who knew that it would chart.
Many years ago, the Best Picture of 1999, "American Beauty", telegraphed the message of Happier Abroad to the world.

Beware of long term engagements with AWs, you may find yourself in a coffin.

AB discussion thread

BTW, despite settling down with an AW, myself, the warning is still in effect.
S_Parc
Veteran Poster

Post by S_Parc »

Since I'd entered the world of Clooney-hood ...

http://www.happierabroad.com/forum/view ... =1&t=31007

I'd say that I'm probably even more suspicious than before.

For me, I'm in love with Mel but at the same time, we'd known each other for eons and have always been best of friends. There was really nothing to work on, besides a sexual compatibility thing. We are not *young, dumb, and full of cum*. Sure, a J Lo look-a-like can generate the latter :lol: but really, it's not that important in the grand scheme of things.

So now that practically every other woman in New England is interested in me, it tells me that they want the spoils of the good life (meaning tall, good-looking, successful man, and everything which goes with it) w/o actually producing anything of value other than merely being vessels where one deposit his semen alongside insipid conversations about belonging, boring bubble gum pop, New Age slogans, etc.
Many years ago, the Best Picture of 1999, "American Beauty", telegraphed the message of Happier Abroad to the world.

Beware of long term engagements with AWs, you may find yourself in a coffin.

AB discussion thread

BTW, despite settling down with an AW, myself, the warning is still in effect.
Zambales
Experienced Poster

Post by Zambales »

Nomad wrote:
OutWest wrote:

In this day and age, just having a wife love you and stick with you is worth its weight in gold.
This.
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

Whitney Houston's famous song, "How Will I know" (if he really loves me). :D

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m3-hY-hlhBg[/youtube]
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."