Do you believe in love?

Discuss and talk about any general topic.

Do you believe in love?

Yes
87%
No
13%

Total votes: 15
Teal Lantern
Veteran Poster

Re: Do you believe in love?

Post by Teal Lantern »

S_Parc wrote:You forgot the primary Huey Lewis reference, the actual title of this thread :lol:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EedcpeHBmro[/youtube]
Heh. Yeah. :mrgreen:
Gotta slip "Power of love" in there somewhere too, and close it out with "If this is it .." when it all goes sideways.
Now you got me thinking about all those cool songs that came out in the 80's.

http://noblemania.blogspot.com/2013/07/ ... -1983.html
http://www.goodreads.com/author_blog_po ... is-it-1984
</threadjack> :D :D
не поглеждай назад. 8)

"Even an American judge is unlikely to award child support for imputed children." - FredOnEverything

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

NorthAmericanguy
Veteran Poster

Post by NorthAmericanguy »

MarcosZeitola wrote:A pretty simple, yes or no question. I will give only two options, but an unwritten third would be: "I believe in love, but do not believe it's something I want
aspire to or think is good for me".

Let's see how the divide between romantics and cynics is on this site. And if people actually want to chase romance abroad, or just p***y and pleasure. I have a feeling that a LOT of folks here are very, very jaded and cynical. I would like to see how many, in terms of percentages. Or if there's still some hopeful people and optimists out there. Some idealism.

What your answer will be likely will boil down to how you view women in general. Are they all the same, or do you believe there's differences depending on what country and culture they hail from. The whole NAWALT-thing. Have you guys Redpilled yourself out of romance, yet?
I voted "Yes" because I do believe that love between men and women does exist, and that's speaking as a man who was once in love many years ago.

Where I differ from most is that I don't believe in looking for love, or that my life is incomplete without being in love with someone. Many people simply cannot comprehend that a person can be content with their life without being emotionally attached to a specific person of the opposite sex.
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

NorthAmericanguy wrote:Many people simply cannot comprehend that a person can be content with their life without being emotionally attached to a specific person of the opposite sex.
Exactly, a lot of people think they are "incomplete" without being in a relationship with someone.

Some people will use the term, "Your better half." :roll:
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
S_Parc
Veteran Poster

Post by S_Parc »

Teal Lantern wrote:Heh. Yeah. :mrgreen:
Gotta slip "Power of love" in there somewhere too, and close it out with "If this is it .." when it all goes sideways.
Now you got me thinking about all those cool songs that came out in the 80's.

http://noblemania.blogspot.com/2013/07/ ... -1983.html
http://www.goodreads.com/author_blog_po ... is-it-1984
</threadjack> :D :D
But didn't Huey finally throw in the towel, when he said he was simply happy to be stuck with someone?

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1SFWU5tXAE[/youtube]
Many years ago, the Best Picture of 1999, "American Beauty", telegraphed the message of Happier Abroad to the world.

Beware of long term engagements with AWs, you may find yourself in a coffin.

AB discussion thread

BTW, despite settling down with an AW, myself, the warning is still in effect.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

A more interesting question would be: do females really believe in love? I suspect the answer is no.
NorthAmericanguy
Veteran Poster

jamesbond wrote:
NorthAmericanguy wrote:Many people simply cannot comprehend that a person can be content with their life without being emotionally attached to a specific person of the opposite sex.
Exactly, a lot of people think they are "incomplete" without being in a relationship with someone.

Some people will use the term, "Your better half." :roll:
Yea, "your better half", as they call it. Whatever.
NorthAmericanguy
Veteran Poster

Cornfed wrote:A more interesting question would be: do females really believe in love? I suspect the answer is no.
I have seen women truly love a man, but that man is always an unsavoury character. Serial killers, womanizers, criminals, street thugs, verbally or physically abusive men, drug addicts, ect, ect.

I have never seen a woman genuinely love what I would consider a decent man.
Last edited by NorthAmericanguy on June 29th, 2016, 8:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Banano
Veteran Poster

Post by Banano »

When people talk about love between male and female they almost always think that love should last forever and that you can love only one person at the time or else it is not true love

There is nowhere that says you cant love multiple persons at the same time (I assume most people lover their mum and dad, sister and brother), so why cant you love 2 girls at the same time? Women will argue till they are blue in the face how you can only love just one person or else

Love doesn't have to last forever, some love for 5 minutes while others can be in love for 50 years. Who is to say the longer relationship lasts its more real or genuine?

Love is real but it can end anytime and there is no limit how many people you can love, its just feeling or emotion like hunger, thirst, anger, happiness
S_Parc
Veteran Poster

Post by S_Parc »

For many men, don't bother with this stuff, just bang some hoes and enjoy life.

You never know how long you'll live. There's no need for this silent vigil ... waiting for 'the one'.
Many years ago, the Best Picture of 1999, "American Beauty", telegraphed the message of Happier Abroad to the world.

Beware of long term engagements with AWs, you may find yourself in a coffin.

AB discussion thread

BTW, despite settling down with an AW, myself, the warning is still in effect.
NorthAmericanguy
Veteran Poster

S_Parc wrote:For many men, don't bother with this stuff, just bang some hoes and enjoy life.

You never know how long you'll live. There's no need for this silent vigil ... waiting for 'the one'.
It's really just that simple.
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama »

I absolutely believe in love. The only thing is, you just have to make sure you pick a woman who is capable of it and wants it. There are lots of jaded women out there who don't believe in love. But much worse than that, there are many women who enjoy stomping on hearts of men because their souls are dead. Learn to recognize these women. Most of them are openly disobedient.
A good man is above pettiness. He is better than that.
ethan_sg
Freshman Poster

Post by ethan_sg »

Depends on how you define love.
Chinaebuys - http://www.chinaebuys.com
Buy and Ship any Product Internationally from China
Shipping to more than 200 countries worldwide