Why is Taiwan so Cold, Closed, Soulless, Uptight, Unsocial, Repressed, Alienating, Fake, Overly Serious?!

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
D_Athlete
Freshman Poster

Re: Taiwanese are too closed, cold, repressed, frigid, prudi

Post by D_Athlete »

So monkro is black, or something else?

Blacks generally do very poorly in mainland China and it's extremely rare to see them pull, so I also couldn't see how he'd do well in Taiwan with hot Taiwanese girls. Unless it's because Taiwan is more Westernized and open to foreigners, and more like Japan in culture and people than mainland China.
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

MrBlueLight wrote:Share with the forum.
First things first. Let's get you cleared up cus it seems like several guys on the board wanna get to the bottom of Bluelight. You know the deal and so do I. So just PM me and I can keep part of your situation confidential. Don't be afraid, I partially sympathize with you.

Fewer here seem to be interested in Monkro and Taiwan for now but anyway, I've already shared generously with the forum and posted Monkro's first trip number of girls approached, pearls, dates, etc. Results from his second trip were much better than his first too. Anyone interested can search my Taiwan related posts from 2012 and 2014.
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

D_Athlete wrote:So monkro is black, or something else?

Blacks generally do very poorly in mainland China and it's extremely rare to see them pull, so I also couldn't see how he'd do well in Taiwan with hot Taiwanese girls. Unless it's because Taiwan is more Westernized and open to foreigners, and more like Japan in culture and people than mainland China.
1. Monkro is not black, he's Indian American (Asian style, not native American)

2. Taiwan does not equal Mainland China and Mainland China does not equal Taiwan. They share a language, culture, and ethnicity but their development paths over last 100 years have been very different. Yes Taiwan is more westernized and closer in particular to USA. A few decades ago when westerners were still viewed with high suspicion in China (Mao overhang) they were adored in Taiwan as icons of freedom and cool. Further back, Taiwan was under Japan's direct control as a colony for several decades til the end of WWII so there's a significant amount of Japanese influence there too.
MrBlueLight
Freshman Poster

Post by MrBlueLight »

Rock wrote:
MrBlueLight wrote:Share with the forum.
First things first. Let's get you cleared up cus it seems like several guys on the board wanna get to the bottom of Bluelight. You know the deal and so do I. So just PM me and I can keep part of your situation confidential. Don't be afraid, I partially sympathize with you.

Fewer here seem to be interested in Monkro and Taiwan for now but anyway, I've already shared generously with the forum and posted Monkro's first trip number of girls approached, pearls, dates, etc. Results from his second trip were much better than his first too. Anyone interested can search my Taiwan related posts from 2012 and 2014.
Want to get to the bottom of me? Talk about bunch of creepy stalkers.
Winston
Site Admin

Re: Why is Taiwan so unfriendly, antisocial, closed, stuck u

Post by Winston »

Update:

Im in Taiwan again and have some questions that i want logical answers to. Ive sent these questions to my friends but they have no explanations:

How come i get negative closed unfriendly vibes in taiwan but most people claim to get warm friendly vibes in taiwan? How do u logically explain that? Am i imagining things or is everyone lying and pretending?

And if im a negative person who is self reflecting the negativity, then how come i dont get bad vibes in China, Russia or eastern Europe or Philippines?

Ive noticed that asian americans tend to get bad vibes in taiwan. For example, zboy1, falcon, bao3niang, henry king from FB, and Rana (a Taiwanese american girl i knew who moved to new york) all felt the same way and felt disliked in taiwan and got negative vibes too.

So there seems to be a pattern here. Asian americans tend to get negative vibes in taiwan, whereas white people get warmer vibes.

Also taiwanese dont like mainland chinese either, not just asian americans. Heres my educated guess and theory as to why:

Taiwanese are strict and judgmental. They expect asians to act a certain way, namely like them -- super repressed, closed, inhibited, uptight, indirect, square, conventional and conformist. If asians dont act that way, they are considered weird and avoided and disliked. So they get negative vibes in taiwan.

Americanized asians and mainland chinese dont fit this standard, so they are disliked. Mainland chinese are too straightforward, blunt, direct, genuine and down to earth, which isnt how taiwanese are, so they arent on the same wavelength. And westernized asians dont act like repressed taiwanese of course, so they are different. And Taiwanese do not tolerate asians who are different. They look down on them negatively.

But white people arent expected to act like taiwanese, so they arent held to the same standards. Instead they are given extra hospitality. So they get better vibes in Taiwan.

Does that make sense? Sound logical?

Another thing too is chemistry. If u have chemistry with someone or with a specific culture, u will feel positive vibes and energy toward it. But if u dont, u get negative vibes. Naturally, good chemistry and synergy creates good positive vibes. This is logical of course, and is probably a factor here as well.

The thing is, not everything has chemistry. If u put chocolate syrup onto french fries, for example, u get an awkward taste, bad chemistry. (Thats probably what me and Taiwan are like.) But if u put ketchup with fries and chocolate syrup onto vanilla ice cream, it produces good taste and synergy of flavors. See what i mean? So its a victim blaming fallacy to assume that one is obligated to have good chemistry with all cultures.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

I dont see how monkro gets any dates in taiwan at all. Every single taiwanese girl without fail, ignores my texts or blocks me, even on wechat. What the f**k? Is Taiwan the hardest place in the universe to make friends or something?! I cant even get them to go out with me period, let alone reject me. Why does it feel 100 percent impossible to even make normal friends with taiwan girls?!?!?!?

Look what this filipina in taiwan i met on dateinasia told me:

" Uhmm for now i havent have time for off yet dear.. imbgonna waitbup until 6 months or by december"

Geez! Shes not free for 6 months? Who the f**k has the time to wait that long? Why is it f***ing impossible to meet anyone in taiwan? Is taiwan the most antisocial place in the universe? Geez? Why is making any friends or finding people to go out with such an impossible task in taiwan? What the f***ing hell is wrong in taiwan? Is everyone in taiwan crazy and unfriendly as f**k, or what?!?!??!?!

How the f**k do you get a normal social life or dating life here? How do you even make normal friends in Taiwan? How?!?!?! Everyone is so damn closed, stuck up, uptight and antisocial and gives off bad vibes! I swear!!!!!! It feels 100 percent impossible to make normal friends here. I cant even get coffee dates! Everyone rejects me and ignores me here. Definitely the most antisocial country in asia!

If you dont believe me, ask zboy1 or falcon. They got the same bad antisocial vibes in taiwan, which to me is like kryptonite to superman, in that it takes away all my powers and weakens me, in contrast to Russia or Philippines which is like what the yellow sun is to superman and gives him powers.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

SOME SHOCKING UPDATES!

1. First, even Rock now says that he feels too lonely in Taiwan. Everyone ignores him now, and the dating scene is primarily for young people. Older adults don't really have a dating scene in Taiwan, he told me, because Taiwanese women in their 30's and above either have big personality problems or they prefer being single. It's not like China or Philippines where even older single women still dream of being married.

Monkro is also disillusioned with Taiwan and is heading to China on his next overseas trip. His dates kept flaking on him or only giving him one date per month. That's a lot better than I can get in Taiwan, cause all the girls I know won't even give me a coffee date. He also said he didn't get sex in a really long time.

So you see, everything I said about Taiwan being antisocial and very bad for social/dating life is coming true even for Rock and Monkro. Don't forget that Winston's job is telling the truth. It's his strong suit. :)

2. I did get lucky this week and last week in that I met some hot or cute Taiwanese girls at the mall that talked to me for a long time. One talked to me for 30 min and the other talked to me for a whole hour. She was so hot and tall too!

HOWEVER, their "friendliness" lasted only ONE DAY! The next day, they ignored all my messages on LINE app. So you see, even when you meet people in Taiwan at parties or get togethers, or via cold approach, they are just nice to you for ONE DAY and then FORGET you the next! So even when you get results, they turn to nothing the next day!!!!!! Thus Taiwan is a lose-lose situation. And even if the "new friends" you make in Taiwan last longer than a day, still, after a few weeks they tend to forget you anyway, especially if you don't keep in touch a lot. But it's hard to keep in touch with them because there's not much to talk to them about other than ordinary practical matters.

Plus, like in America, "friendships and acquaintances" in Taiwan tend to drift apart easily and quickly. There is no root or genuineness in them. Most people in Taiwan don't have a lot of friends, unless they are young, they tend to have only one or two close friends, similar to America.

Furthermore, look at my WeChat contacts. I have hundreds of mainland Chinese girls on WeChat. Many of them talk to me any time I want to. But when I tried to add girls from Taiwan to WeChat via the Discover tool, which is a great way of meeting girls in China, ALL the Taiwanese girls ignored me, blocked me, or added me and then blocked me 10 seconds later! WTF?! If you look at my WeChat contact list, you will see that. ALL the Taiwanese girls on there ignore me, as though it were impossible to talk to them. Some added me for 10 seconds and then blocked me for no reason! WTF is their problem? So you see, there is definitely something wrong with THEM.

How come in China, many girls will talk to me? How come in China, I meet people everyday or every other day, but not in Taiwan?

3. The problem could also be my parent's town of Chiayi in Taiwan, which is a southern town of uptight people. Even Rock thinks so. Rock visited me in Chiayi a few weeks ago and he said that people here are unusually uptight and unfriendly, as though they have some problem. In fact, when me and Rock were outside near a mall in Chiayi, I approached a girl sitting down and tried starting a conversation with her. She was nice but not very pretty, rather, she was kind of plain and looked low class and a bit ghetto. Not very refined at all. Yet even though she wasn't that attractive, she refused to give me any contact info at all, not even Facebook. She was just very private and preferred to mind her own business and didn't want to make any new friends. Rock was surprised and wondered what her problem was.

Rock said Taipei is not as negative or grumpy as Chiayi is. Taipei is more cosmopolitan of course, so may have more of a social scene. However, it's not like Taipei is China either. Taipei is still Taiwanese and still has Taiwanese traits for the most part, which means people are still uptight and not very open. Taiwanese themselves consider being "open" to be a negative thing and prefer being closed, which they see as more "normal".

Either way, I think Chiayi is the most unfriendly and antisocial town in Asia. I've yet to see a more unfriendly town than Chiayi. It also has a strong negative vibe, which Rock says isn't the case in Taipei or Tainan other parts of Taiwan.

Yet in spite of all this, when Momopi visited me in Chiayi years ago, he told me that I ought to "make new friends here and develop a stable network of friends here". He spoke that as though making friends in Chiayi was as easy as flipping a light switch. You simply decide to do it, and it happens. LOL Yeah right. I don't think Momopi knows what's going on.

Momopi, did you really mean to insinuate that making friends in Chiayi is as easy as flipping a light switch? How can something that seems 100 percent impossible be as easy as flipping a light switch?! LOLOLOL. Crazy. Why don't YOU try making friends in Chiayi, Momopi? See how easy it is. Sure you may do better cause you have more of a Taiwanese soul and personality than me, but still, I see no logical way to meet people who don't want to meet me and don't talk to strangers. It's an oxymoron. Ask Rock. Even he will now tell you that Chiayi is UNUSUALLY UNFRIENDLY AND GRUMPY in terms of its people and vibe.

Plus like I said, even when you meet people in Chiayi, like I did this week and last week, and like I've done at parties here before, still, they are only friendly for one day. Then they forget you after and ignore your messages. So even if you get lucky, it comes to naught. The friendliness in Taiwan is definitely VERY superficial and meaningless.

And again, if the problem is ME, then:

1. How come I don't have problems meeting people or making friends in most other countries? Like China, Russia, Europe, Philippines, etc? How come it's only Taiwan and USA? How come in China, I met people everyday or every other day, and have regular friends and dates?

2. How come most Taiwanese I question, end up admitting that Im RIGHT, that Taiwanese are not open with strangers at all? And that they are very closed (bao so), not open? Why do Taiwanese admit I'm right? Especially since it's obvious?

3. How can the problem be me, when I am NOT the one who refuses to talk to strangers. THEY are. NOT me. So if THEY are the ones who won't talk to strangers and don't like to meet new people, then how can I possibly be the problem?! That is BACKWARD logic!

4. I am not socially awkward. I've been to 14 countries and worked many sales/marketing jobs. So I have talked to literally THOUSANDS of strangers and am good at it and comfortable with it. I am way more confident at it than Taiwanese are, especially Taiwanese women. So with all my skill and experience in communicating with strangers, how can I be the problem? It doesn't make any damn sense!

So again, WTF is wrong with Taiwan? And why do almost all travel blogs say Taiwan is "so friendly!"? WTF?! In spite of all I say, you still do see groups of friends in Taiwan and many couples too. How do you explain that?! How are others able to make friends or get romantic partners in Taiwan, when I find it 100 percent impossible and unnatural, as though everything were against it? Anyone have any logical explanations?

ethan_sg
Freshman Poster

Post by ethan_sg »

I think the anti-social vibe you get in Taiwan may in part be due to the repressive Japanese influence it has received over the years, especially since Taiwan adores Japan. Instead of becoming more open and friendly like the mainland Chinese, they become more cold and repressed like the Japanese. From my understanding though, Taiwanese women are nowhere near as westernized and entitled as Singaporean women though, so I'd place them somewhere in between mainland China and Singapore in terms of female quality.
Chinaebuys - http://www.chinaebuys.com
Buy and Ship any Product Internationally from China
Shipping to more than 200 countries worldwide
chanta76
Experienced Poster

Post by chanta76 »

You might as well add South Korea, Japan and Singapore to the list.

I really think it's because countries like Taiwan is bit wealthy than the Philippines and yes even China. The girls in wealthy countries will be picky. It be harder for older average looking men to do well in those countries. As China become more wealthy I wouldn't be surprise if it becomes the same.

I think to do well in those countries it helps to be young (under 30) and good looking. IF you don't have that forget it.
starchild5
Veteran Poster

Post by starchild5 »

The question that needs to be answered is How Many Girls are you in contact with whom you already slept with in the guise of being "Open and Friendly" :lol:

The western civilisation is running a scam and you want a ride on it. "Getting to know each other" is a big scam.

If you are really honest as you claim to be. Please show us the list of GIRLS you have added in Wechat, you can block there IDs and let's see if all of them are HOT or average or UGLY. A genuine person will have a mix of it or rather more ugly girls than hot because Hot ones are rare. PROVE IT that your intention is NOT TO JUST BEFRIEND HOT WOMEN ..WHICH WOULD MAKE YOU FEEL GOOD.

All you want or rather we all want is to get laid by a super HOT taiwanese girl, which you are unable to nail it down to boost your ego. Winston, you are pretty high in philosophy, conspiracy, your IQ is higher than normal human beings. I fail to understand, what super hot taiwanese girls can give you anymore than sex or "MAKING YOU FEEL GOOD" by being their friends.

What these Taiwanese Girls can possibly give to Winston?

Can these girls ever have a intelligent conversation on jews, winston churchill, HItler, Murphy Law?

You mentioned all EXCEPT...YOUR END GAME. What is your end game in talking to all these unknown girls, online girls, super hot girls, girls on a subway, girls in a coffee shop.

You want to sleep with them? or

You just want to be friends?

You already have 100s of friends from Philippines, Russia, America and now China. You are becoming like the Offline version of Facebook Friends. :lol: Keep on adding as many friends as possible.

-------------------

This is not a Negative Post Winston. I just want to get to the bottom of it. What is your final intention other than sex?

Friendship - You already have Rock and many many more

Sex - You have that in Philippines

As you have posted your frustration. I'm giving my reply, I could give a better one, if you would just post the pictures of girls here and then delete it.

or lets just put it this way. How many ugly Taiwanese Girls are you in friendship with?

------------------------

Taiwan is a very small country and women are stuck up etc etc is true as you mentioned many many times. It would be more clear, if you would clarify what kind of women you are approaching -5s, 6s or all above 9s?
gnosis
Freshman Poster

Post by gnosis »

starchild5 wrote:You already have 100s of friends from Philippines, Russia, America and now China. You are becoming like the Offline version of Facebook Friends. :lol: Keep on adding as many friends as possible.
:lol:
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

ethan_sg wrote:I think the anti-social vibe you get in Taiwan may in part be due to the repressive Japanese influence it has received over the years, especially since Taiwan adores Japan. Instead of becoming more open and friendly like the mainland Chinese, they become more cold and repressed like the Japanese. From my understanding though, Taiwanese women are nowhere near as westernized and entitled as Singaporean women though, so I'd place them somewhere in between mainland China and Singapore in terms of female quality.
But for me, they are the same. If both Taiwanese and Singaporean women ignore me and are antisocial with me and won't even have coffee dates with me, and won't even have a "language exchange" friendship with me, then the net result of both is zero. Japanese influence is definitely a factor. Taiwanese women can at least act kind, polite and innocent on their face. But socially they are distant and superficial. But besides dating, it's even hard to make normal friends in Taiwan. People are all business and aren't open with strangers. And even if they are nice to you for one day, they forget you the next. So even if you socialize with people one day at a party or through mutual friends, etc. they tend to forget you the next day as though you never existed. It's very sad.

I hate not feeling validated or accepted, and not being able to connect with anyone, and treated like I don't exist. At least in mainland China, people are more human, like Ghost told me too. Mainland China is like the world was in the 1960's where people said what they thought and were more human and genuine. And girls are more wholesome with traditional values.

The thing is though, all the travel sites and blogs say "Taiwan is very friendly". But if Taiwan is so "friendly" then how come it's damn near impossible to "make any friends"? WTF? That's an oxymoron and contradiction. Those travel sites are f***ing LIARS. I swear! Google "Travel Taiwan" and you will see what I mean. All the travel sites will talk about Taiwanese being super friendly.

However, the word "friendly" is subjective. Most people think being friendly is simply being polite and helping you with directions. That's not my definition. No way. When I say "friendly", I mean people are "easy to make friends with" and are social and open with strangers. I mean that they will INVITE you to go out with them. Not just say "Hi, nice weather today" like they do in USA or Taiwan, and then ignore you. Or as they say in Seattle, "Have a nice day...... somewhere else."

Even in movies/TV, people talk to strangers easily and form groups and friendships easily as they work together to solve a common problem or achieve a mutual goal. So why not in Taiwan or USA in reality?
chanta76 wrote:You might as well add South Korea, Japan and Singapore to the list.

I really think it's because countries like Taiwan is bit wealthy than the Philippines and yes even China. The girls in wealthy countries will be picky. It be harder for older average looking men to do well in those countries. As China become more wealthy I wouldn't be surprise if it becomes the same.

I think to do well in those countries it helps to be young (under 30) and good looking. IF you don't have that forget it.
Yeah but it's not just about dating. I can't even make normal friends in Taiwan. Everyone is antisocial and wants to be left alone. Even the foreigners are like that, because foreigners tend to adapt to the vibe of the country they are in. It's human nature to adapt to your new surroundings, whether intentionally or not. Zboy1 also noticed that even the foreigners in Taiwan are uptight and antisocial.

Taiwan is like America in that after high school, everyone gets into this bubble where they wanna be left alone, and talking to strangers is taboo unless it's business related. Hard to make friends. Yet no one dares complain about it openly, except me, because complaining about it makes you look like a loser. Because a "winner" is supposed to make friends everywhere he or she goes, and is supposed to connect with everyone in every country, including Taiwan and America.

When I was 18 and went to Taiwan in 1991, I noticed that yeah, girls were friendlier to me back then. But it still wasn't an open country. People still didn't talk to strangers, especially girls. It wasn't easy to meet girls without a proper introduction. And even when I met girls and made friends with them, it was all superficial and platonic. It didn't go anywhere intimate. So it wasn't that easy even back then. Plus I was too westernized to fit into Taiwan back then.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

starchild5 wrote:The question that needs to be answered is How Many Girls are you in contact with whom you already slept with in the guise of being "Open and Friendly" :lol:

The western civilisation is running a scam and you want a ride on it. "Getting to know each other" is a big scam.

If you are really honest as you claim to be. Please show us the list of GIRLS you have added in Wechat, you can block there IDs and let's see if all of them are HOT or average or UGLY. A genuine person will have a mix of it or rather more ugly girls than hot because Hot ones are rare. PROVE IT that your intention is NOT TO JUST BEFRIEND HOT WOMEN ..WHICH WOULD MAKE YOU FEEL GOOD.

All you want or rather we all want is to get laid by a super HOT taiwanese girl, which you are unable to nail it down to boost your ego. Winston, you are pretty high in philosophy, conspiracy, your IQ is higher than normal human beings. I fail to understand, what super hot taiwanese girls can give you anymore than sex or "MAKING YOU FEEL GOOD" by being their friends.

What these Taiwanese Girls can possibly give to Winston?

Can these girls ever have a intelligent conversation on jews, winston churchill, HItler, Murphy Law?

You mentioned all EXCEPT...YOUR END GAME. What is your end game in talking to all these unknown girls, online girls, super hot girls, girls on a subway, girls in a coffee shop.

You want to sleep with them? or

You just want to be friends?

You already have 100s of friends from Philippines, Russia, America and now China. You are becoming like the Offline version of Facebook Friends. :lol: Keep on adding as many friends as possible.

-------------------

This is not a Negative Post Winston. I just want to get to the bottom of it. What is your final intention other than sex?

Friendship - You already have Rock and many many more

Sex - You have that in Philippines

As you have posted your frustration. I'm giving my reply, I could give a better one, if you would just post the pictures of girls here and then delete it.

or lets just put it this way. How many ugly Taiwanese Girls are you in friendship with?

------------------------

Taiwan is a very small country and women are stuck up etc etc is true as you mentioned many many times. It would be more clear, if you would clarify what kind of women you are approaching -5s, 6s or all above 9s?
What do you mean? I'm not talking about sex or bedding Taiwanese women. I cannot even get coffee dates with them. They always make excuses or ignore me. Sure you can see my Wechat. Almost all the Chinese girls on my Wechat are cute or hot. Why is that unbelievable to you? In China, majority of girls are hot or cute. In Shenzhen, for example, I'm attracted to 80 percent of the girls I see. Taiwanese girls tend to be hot or cute too. Why you find that hard to believe?

I hung out with some ugly Taiwanese girls before too. One was a close friend. But she moved to Germany to be with her boyfriend. I had friends in Taiwan in 2004. But they all drifted apart easily. I had little in common with them. Friendships in Taiwan tend to be very short term. Even relatives and families are not as close as they used to be back in the 1980's.

I can hold conversations with anyone, even Taiwanese girls. They just have this barrier around them where they only want to be polite, and nothing beyond that. How is it then that I see so many couples in Taiwan? Even guys that look like Falcon have hot girlfriends in Taiwan. So how come Falcon can't?

I get the sense that it's all destiny and meant to be. If you are meant to be in Taiwan, you will find a girl there. If not, you will not. It's not that those nerdy Taiwanese guys in Taiwan did anything special that I didn't do, or that they have anything that I don't. If you are meant to have a Taiwanese girl, it will happen. You don't make it happen.

Some people find their soulmate when they are 18 and live happily ever after with them. Some never find their soulmate. Some only have temporary relationships because something always goes wrong with their relationships, even if they do nothing wrong. That's life. We can't explain that. It's just destiny. What happens seems to be meant to happen. Finding a girlfriend is not supposed to be rocket science. It's supposed to happen naturally. For some it does, but for others it doesn't. No one knows why. It's just destiny.

So I don't think those nerdy guys in Taiwan who have less money than me and nothing special about them, yet have hot girlfriends, did anything special that I can't do. Having a girl in Taiwan is just part of their life path and destiny. It's just not mine.

Besides all that, Taiwan's culture and vibe and people are plain weird. Not like people in most of the other 200 countries. Come here and you will see what I mean. Zboy1 has and now he knows what I mean.

cdnFA
Junior Poster

Post by cdnFA »

Maybe Taiwan girls are not as desperate to be lifted out of poverty or a polluted shithole country as mainland girls. Taiwan is a pretty liveable place by comparison.
Same reason why middle and upperclass PI and Thai girls won't debase themselves by going out with a foreigner unless he is attractive by some measure and generally won't date some white guy who is old enough to be their father.

When I see girls in film, TV, or even on campus, they are hot. A walk through any Chinatown pretty much kills the Yellow Fever. They become much more normal. If you are finding 80% of them hot, you are probably either fetishizing them for some reason or you are just turning a blind eye to the uggos, you don't notice it. Many people have observation biases. Some people go through a North American mall and see nothing but fat chicks, others can go through and see a wide range of builds, a real horndog will notice nothing but the hotties.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

cdnFA wrote:Maybe Taiwan girls are not as desperate to be lifted out of poverty or a polluted shithole country as mainland girls. Taiwan is a pretty liveable place by comparison.
Same reason why middle and upperclass PI and Thai girls won't debase themselves by going out with a foreigner unless he is attractive by some measure and generally won't date some white guy who is old enough to be their father.

When I see girls in film, TV, or even on campus, they are hot. A walk through any Chinatown pretty much kills the Yellow Fever. They become much more normal. If you are finding 80% of them hot, you are probably either fetishizing them for some reason or you are just turning a blind eye to the uggos, you don't notice it. Many people have observation biases. Some people go through a North American mall and see nothing but fat chicks, others can go through and see a wide range of builds, a real horndog will notice nothing but the hotties.
Of course Taiwanese aren't desperate to go abroad like they were in the 70's and 80's. But that's not the point. Girls in Poland and Russia are also not desperate to go abroad. Most of them prefer to stay in their own country. They like to visit the US, but not live there, they say. But they are a lot more down to earth and easy to talk to than Taiwanese girls are. Taiwan is super uptight and antisocial as well, toward strangers especially. It's a cultural thing as well. Being closed is normal in Taiwan, whereas being open is considered a "bad thing". That's their mentality.

Another factor is that: Taiwanese are also zombie like, with no soul or emotions, similar to how Americans are today. In contrast, mainland Chinese still have real souls and emotions, like the America of the 1960's, so they are a lot more HUMAN. Ask Ghost, Zboy1 or Ethan_sg, they will all confirm this. That's why China is much more refreshing and authentic, because people are a lot more human than in Taiwan or USA. Go watch the TV shows and movies of the 1960's and 1970's, and you will see how HUMAN and normal, with real emotions and souls, people used to be, compared to the people on TV today.

It's hard to feel normal or at ease with yourself in countries like Taiwan and USA where people no longer seem human and have no souls or emotions. Come to Taiwan and you will see, especially here in Chiayi, which I'm told, is the most unfriendly city in Taiwan, similar to how Bellingham, WA is super antisocial in the US. It's my Murphy's Law that my parents always choose to live in the most antisocial cities. Even Rock, who likes Taiwan culture, considers Chiayi to be a very antisocial and uptight city.

Btw, mainland Chinese are not desperate to leave China. Some want to move to the west so they can make more money and invest in more real estate and send their kids to good universities. Yeah. But they are not desperate, and they will not marry any guy to get out of the country. That is a stupid myth. Go to China and you will see what I mean.

You need to travel more and live abroad more. Otherwise you are just speculating.