Philippine height

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
chanta76
Experienced Poster

Philippine height

Post by chanta76 »

Here in NYC I work in real estate. I met a young Filipino guy. He told me he is full blooded Filipino but grew up in USA all his life with the occasion visit back to the Philippines. He is 6'3 with a solid built. When I first met him I assumed he had to be mixed but he was not. I also met other Philippine men who grew up in New York City. A fair number of them are anywhere from 5'7-510 not really short.

People mention that Philippine people are short but people used to say that Korean people are short. With a better diet and better environment they are getting taller. I wonder if the Philippine became a 1st world economy how much of their health will improve along with their height?

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Zambales
Experienced Poster

Re: Philippine height

Post by Zambales »

zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

Chanta, Filipino men are quite short. I'm 5'10-5'11, and I felt tall there.

As for Filipino American's, that's a different situation, especially if they grew up in America. The food in America makes everyone big and tall for some reason. I guess it's all the chemicals the food companies put in the food.

I've visited Korea for the past three years, and I could swear Korean men--especially the young generation, keep getting taller. In China, southern Chinese men are short, but the further north you go, the taller the men are in China.
MarcosZeitola
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MarcosZeitola »

It's all a matter of nutrition I think. My grandfather is 5'9", his sons are all six feet and now the tallest of his grandsons is 6'7". Every generations has better health care, better food, better environment, and grows taller as a result. The same way Western girls have their puberty start earlier, have periods at a younger age then Asian and African girls because of chemicals in milk and meat products.

In the Philippines I know a few large and well-built men - my best friend in the Philippines is six feet tall and very big-boned - but the majority is still rather short and stocky. The richer a family tends to be, the larger their members. The mayor of our town right now is 6'1" and the previous mayor was around 5'11". The men in their towns are on average about a head shorter then them.

My father-in-law and his cousins are all very short. Filipinos are not a tall people, overall. But if you look at how tiny the North Koreans are compared to their South Korean counterparts, it is hard not to see the correlation between wealth and physical size. The Philippines is a poor country, and poor people are small people. South Africans are also tiny compared to their African American counterparts; I always thought Nelson Mandela was a very tall man, like 6'4", but I read in his autobiography he was barely six feet. I just assumed he must be very large because everyone around him always looked much smaller.

A hundred years ago, the only really tall white people were found in America, the Nordic countries and the upper classes of Germany. Now white people are the tallest race on the face of the earth, not counting some Maasai tribesmen or the odd Polynesian or Mongolian giant, and it is all because of better food. Other races that are improving their diet, are also catching up in the height department rapidly.
On "Faux-Tradionalists" and why they're heading nowhere: viewtopic.php?style=1&f=37&t=29144
cdnFA
Junior Poster

Post by cdnFA »

In jolly old England back in the day the officers would generally be much taller than the enlisted men. The officers of course being from the upper classes and the rankers being from the lowest of the lower classes.

Food, it's a good thing, unless you want to sneak a ring into Mordor.
chanta76
Experienced Poster

Post by chanta76 »

After the Korean War the height for the average South Korean men was like 5'4 I think. Believe it or not the average IQ was low to like 80 believe it or not.

Now the average height for a South korean man is like 5'8 but that's the average with old guys and young guys. The young guys are much taller to my chagrin or pride (I'm short at 5'7 back in middle school I skipped meals allot.) Just compare North Korea and South Korea height wise.

I think if the Philippines develop better have better nutrition and health care and education system it can rival any of the other Asian countries.
mentor
Freshman Poster

Post by mentor »

Am I the only one that I believe that the small filipina girls' height, add to their attractiveness?
Hero
Experienced Poster

Post by Hero »

mentor wrote:Am I the only one that I believe that the small filipina girls' height, add to their attractiveness?
I actually prefer tall girls. I love Filipinas in spite of their height, not because of it.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on April 1st, 2019, 11:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Taco »

The waters off the coast of Indonesia and Philippines are warmer than in most places because these countries are located at the widest part of the Pacific Ocean and close to the equator. This causes the soils in these countries to have little organic matter (nutrient depleted) which in turn effects the growth of all mammals and people.

There was a Filipino guy on my flight back to Canada that was rather large. I'd say 6'2'', 220lbs. He was obviously raised in Canada.
Paranoia is just having the right information. - William S. Burroughs
mentor
Freshman Poster

Post by mentor »

How do they feel filipina girls about their small height?
Bao3niang
Junior Poster

Post by Bao3niang »

I'm 177. Tall by southern Chinese standards (although this is changing), not bad by northern standards but not particularly tall. Plenty of westernized Chinese / Asians are taller than me. So far I've never been involved with a woman who's at least 5'5 or at least 165. I'd say the maximum height I can accept for a woman is 5'7 or 170. Anything above that is too tall for me. One of the reasons why I like Asian women over women of any other race is because of their smaller frames. A large part of it comes from Asian women being shorter on average compared to other races, but even taller Asian women can have an elegant and feminine frame. As an Asian guy I guess I'm just predisposed towards a certain type of female silhouette or body proportions.
Last edited by Bao3niang on September 15th, 2016, 1:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CYKA BLYAT!!!!!!
The_Adventurer
Experienced Poster

Post by The_Adventurer »

chanta76 wrote:After the Korean War the height for the average South Korean men was like 5'4 I think. Believe it or not the average IQ was low to like 80 believe it or not.
Notice that the Asian countries with the highest IQ are the most westernised. There is a correlation.
“Booty is so strong that there are dudes willing to blow themselves up for the highly unlikely possibility of booty in another dimension." -- Joe Rogan