Miss La Habra 2010

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to North America. For those looking to relocate within the US or Canada, discuss your experiences and pros/cons of each domestic region.
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Miss La Habra 2010

Post by momopi »

http://www.ocregister.com/articles/habr ... -miss.html

Published: March 21, 2010
Updated: 10:27 a.m.
Perseverance pays off for new Miss La HabraBy LOU PONSI
THE ORANGE COUNTY REGISTERStory Highlights
Kirby Morales is crowned Miss La Habra 2010 on her fourth try.

Next Article »COMMENTS 34| RECOMMEND 1| PRINT | EMAIL | SHARE
Article Photos Videos LA HABRA – For four years, Kirby Morales has shown her poise on stage in her bid to be crowned Miss La Habra.

Her perseverance has paid off.

Kirby Morales, center, is greeted by this year's princesses Veronika Martinez, left, and Teresita Alcala during the 62nd Annual Miss La Habra Pageant at the La Habra Community Center Saturday.

Morales, 20, was crowned Miss La Habra 2010 Saturday from among 14 contestants in the 62nd annual pageant at the La Habra Community Center.

"It's a wonderful feeling," Morales said. "Unexpected ... but I worked hard for it."

The winning princesses were Teresita Alcala, 17, Sarah Elliott, 18, Veronika Martinez, 18, and Jessica Sanchez, 18.

Morales receives $1,000, and the princesses each receive $500.

Morales, a sophomore majoring in dance and justice administration at Fullerton College, said she didn't feel discouraged from entering the 2010 pageant after not winning in her first three tries.

"I said to myself after the first year that I'm not giving up," she said. "After the second year, I learned even more, so I said let's keep on trucking."

As reigning Miss La Habra, Morales and her court will make appearances at La Habra Host Lions Club and city functions and will serve as Corn Festival Queen.

"I'm so excited," Morales said. "I want to shuck corn."

In her farewell speech, Miss La Habra 2009 Emilee Marshall said she tried to serve the community during her reign.

"The pageant experience is not all about having a title and a crown," Marshall said. "It is an opportunity to represent the Lions and your city and truly make a difference."

Contact the writer: lponsi@ocregister.com or 714-704-3730
Last edited by momopi on August 6th, 2010, 12:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by momopi »

This year's contestants:
2009 winner and runner-ups:
Runner-up (Princesses) for 2010:

And the winner for 2010 is...

*Drumroll*

Gentlemen, you may start your flame throwers!

dano
Freshman Poster

Post by dano »

That is so f***ed up !
starkeep
Freshman Poster

beauty queen???

Post by starkeep »

8) Isnt that woman a little plump to be a beausty queen????? I guess different people have a different view of beauty?
fed up
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by momopi »

If anyone is local to LA and actually wants to see her, she'll be at the La Habra annual corn festival tomorrow to shuck corn.
http://lahabracornfestival.com/

momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by momopi »

OK, I went to the La Habra Corn festival tonight and saw the beauty queen and her court.

It's true what they say, photos make you look fat. She's a bit thinner in real person.

But, still 3x the size of the other girls in her court (princesses).

I've dated girls that were a little chubby but this girl... is for guys into BBW range.

Tried to get funnel cake but the lines were just way too long. Great corn dogs though.

globetrotter
Experienced Poster

Post by globetrotter »

It isn't like we all don't know that America is f***ed.

Think about this...if she looks like this at 20 when she will be as smoking hot as she ever will in real life, just imagine her at 35 or 45.
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

globetrotter wrote:It isn't like we all don't know that America is f***ed.

Think about this...if she looks like this at 20 when she will be as smoking hot as she ever will in real life, just imagine her at 35 or 45.
That's a scary thought! This is the best she will ever look! :shock:

Just wait until the Miss USA and Miss America pageant will have women who look like this! :shock:
miles_ahead
Freshman Poster

Post by miles_ahead »

LOL cant believe Hogzila won