Nasty health problems in the Philippines - What to do?

Ask questions and get advice. Disclaimer: Any advice you take here is at your own risk. We are not liable for any consequences you might incur from following advice here. Note: Before posting your question, do a search for it in the Google Search box at the top to see if it's been addressed.
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Post by xiongmao »

Hey Winston,

Are you feeling better now?

I've been feeling knackered lately, maybe the SE Asian climate is only good for sitting in a bar drinking beer. After my Mandarin classes I've been feeling really drained.

Maybe I've sweated out all my nutrients or something.

I think not eating well isn't helping either. I need to move to a neighborhood where the food is less alien. Plus a lot of food here is just junk. You can buy a bag of peanuts here for like 2RMB, but honestly half of the packet looks like mud and stones. Food quality was much less of an issue back in Europe.

I don't think there's anything wrong with me apart from general exhaustion. I've just had my Chinese body check, and they tested just about everything!
I was Happier Abroad for a while but Covid killed that off.
Fed up with being foreveralone.jpg? Check out my comprehensive directory of dating sites.
Love Chinese girls? Read my complete guide to Chinese dating.
Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Taco »

xiongmao wrote:Hey Winston,

Are you feeling better now?

I've been feeling knackered lately, maybe the SE Asian climate is only good for sitting in a bar drinking beer. After my Mandarin classes I've been feeling really drained.

Maybe I've sweated out all my nutrients or something.

I think not eating well isn't helping either. I need to move to a neighborhood where the food is less alien. Plus a lot of food here is just junk. You can buy a bag of peanuts here for like 2RMB, but honestly half of the packet looks like mud and stones. Food quality was much less of an issue back in Europe.

I don't think there's anything wrong with me apart from general exhaustion. I've just had my Chinese body check, and they tested just about everything!
A Chinese massage might help, its about $15 for an hour and a half. However, don't get the aggressive massage, that's when two women basically beat the hell out of you.
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Post by xiongmao »

Yeah, like hell am I gonna order a massage. The other day I ordered a tea in a restaurant and ended up with a chocolate milkshake. My Mandarin is terrible, but not that terrible!

Although I did enjoy the couple of massages I had here a couple of years ago ;-) .
I was Happier Abroad for a while but Covid killed that off.
Fed up with being foreveralone.jpg? Check out my comprehensive directory of dating sites.
Love Chinese girls? Read my complete guide to Chinese dating.
C.J.
Experienced Poster

Post by C.J. »

Taco wrote:A Chinese massage might help, its about $15 for an hour and a half. However, don't get the aggressive massage, that's when two women basically beat the hell out of you.
Oooooh, I WANT that! Sounds like a lot of fun. I have a lot of hell I need to get rid of. :D
Renata
Experienced Poster

Post by Renata »

Winston wrote:
momopi wrote:Have you cleaned your air conditioner?

Does the air con unit use a filter?
Well I take the filter and shake off the dust, and then it works again. But I don't clean the filter with soap and water. The store clerk said I didn't need to. Was he right? How else can I clean it?

Btw, my blood pressure is high again. The new ace inhibitor medicine may not be working. Perhaps the high blood pressure is the cause of my constant drowsiness?

The eye doctor in angeles also said that you can get STD's that cause trachoma or eye infections. Anyone know what that might be? Isn't is chlymadia trachomitis?
Ginger reduces hypertension / high blood pressure ... add it to your; food, stir frys & juices, .. it makes a nice tea too.

Make pure green tea & wipe your eyes with it, it has anti-bacterial & anti-fungal fighting properties. Get well soon'
- It's easy to give, when you know what it's like to have nothing. -

- Develop a backbone, not a wishbone. -
Johnny1975
Experienced Poster

Re: Nasty health problems in the Philippines - What to do?

Post by Johnny1975 »

Whenever I've seen photos of Manila in the 50s, 60s and 70s, people are walking around fully dressed (as opposed to tops off, flip flops, etc) and they seem fine. Why is heat and humidity an issue now, but not back then?
dreamofarakis
Freshman Poster

Post by dreamofarakis »

air conditioning makes me sick also i just use a fan when in a tropical area. as long as youre not korean just use a fan
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Johnny1975 wrote:Whenever I've seen photos of Manila in the 50s, 60s and 70s, people are walking around fully dressed (as opposed to tops off, flip flops, etc) and they seem fine. Why is heat and humidity an issue now, but not back then?
I wondered the same thing too. lol. Furthermore, in the 1800's and the Wild West, you see photos of people wearing pants, long sleeve shirts and jackets. Not shorts or short sleeve shirts. I guess no one wore shorts or short sleeves shirts in the past. How did people back then do that when they were in hot weather or in Texas, Arizona or New Mexico during warm weather? Wouldn't they be sweating profusely and die of dehydration? I could not do that since I sweat too easily.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Johnny1975
Experienced Poster

Post by Johnny1975 »

Winston wrote:
Johnny1975 wrote:Whenever I've seen photos of Manila in the 50s, 60s and 70s, people are walking around fully dressed (as opposed to tops off, flip flops, etc) and they seem fine. Why is heat and humidity an issue now, but not back then?
I wondered the same thing too. lol. Furthermore, in the 1800's and the Wild West, you see photos of people wearing pants, long sleeve shirts and jackets. Not shorts or short sleeve shirts. I guess no one wore shorts or short sleeves shirts in the past. How did people back then do that when they were in hot weather or in Texas, Arizona or New Mexico during warm weather? Wouldn't they be sweating profusely and die of dehydration? I could not do that since I sweat too easily.
I suppose it could be that there was less traffic back then, so less pollution, which I imagine would make it hotter. Also, it could be this : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Urban_heat_island

Maybe it could even be simple things such as being more stressed because of the extra effort needed to cross roads, etc.

If Duterte can sort out the traffic, hopefully that will make things easier, at least for those who haven't been shot.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Lol

[2/26, 7:21 AM] Alex From Italy: awwwww
[2/26, 7:22 AM] Alex From Italy: I know what drains you energy here and in Taiwan
[2/26, 7:22 AM] Alex From Italy: in Taiwan the frustration to not be able to f**k the girl you like
[2/26, 7:23 AM] Alex From Italy: here it's too much f**k because of the too many girls you like
[2/26, 7:23 AM] Alex From Italy: :p
[2/26, 7:24 AM] Alex From Italy: so first case it's Psyche energy loss
[2/26, 7:24 AM] Alex From Italy: second case is body energy loss
[2/26, 7:25 AM] Alex From Italy: ;)
[2/26, 7:26 AM] Alex From Italy: if any of the two Psyche or body is low on energy the symptom is tiredness
[2/26, 7:28 AM] Alex From Italy: so... you should f**k less Winston. hold your libido :p
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne