Free land in Russia

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to Russia, Ukraine, or the former Soviet Republics.
Winston
Site Admin

Re: Free land in Russia

Post by Winston »

I'm not surprised Russia is giving away free land. Most of the land in Russia is unlivable, especially around Siberia. But why? What is there to gain from it? And how would you live off it without food or crops or animals to hunt? When you have your own land though, you can build your own house for free on it.

I wish people would abide by the Native American Indian belief that land is sacred and belongs to Mother Earth, therefore it cannot be bought and sold. Buying and selling land is a white man's philosophy.

Btw, I've gone through a whole Russian winter before, and even though I like the cold, it was extreme and unbearable, not something I would want to repeat again.

Another problem is that we are people acclimated to modern society and its technologies. We cannot adjust to a 19th century lifestyle of building wooden houses and growing your own crops, like people did in the Old West. We don't have those kind of skills and were never taught them.

I've been to Russian villages before though and the amazing thing is that people there build their own houses, so they don't have to pay any mortgage on them to any bank. :)
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Btw check out the Grizzly Adams TV series. It will inspire you to go live off the land independently without depending on money or society. lol

Series intro:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6lB0opgaCQ[/youtube]

Here is the first film that's 90 minutes long.

The Life and Times of Grizzly Adams

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tWwc7wBPJFg[/youtube]
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Adama wrote:Russian women were freed under Communism long before Western women. Many of those anti male laws are word for word translated from Russian and codified into US law. I have not met any Russian women I thought were not argumentative. I have never interacted with a Russian woman I thought would make a submissive wife either. They just seem like American women to me. There are lots of sweet American girls too. I went to school with some of them. So saying there are sweet Russian women or whatever doesn't amount to much.
That's not true. The girls in Russia are a MILLION times more approachable and flirtatious than in America. The difference is as big as the difference between 0 and ONE MILLION!

For an example, see these girls flirting with me in Kazan, Russia in McDonald's.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7fTKdlIQs2M[/youtube]

The girls in Russia were what inspired me to create HappierAbroad in fact.