Do Southern Belles still exist?

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
stressedtothebone
Freshman Poster

Do Southern Belles still exist?

Post by stressedtothebone »

I used to buy into the misconception that southern women are different from the rest and that they respect men more, like submissive to their men. I was also convinced that infidelity and the divorce rate was low in the South compared to the rest of the United States. Strangely, the South does seem to have a large percentage and population of single mothers.

Are southern women different from the rest of American women, or are they exactly the same? What are your experiences with southern women?

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

No they aren't that common anymore. The ones that are true Southern belles get taken early. There isn't an excess of Southern belles that can't find a good man, like we wish there was.

We already have threads about this topic:

viewtopic.php?t=8325
viewtopic.php?t=1359
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

-----
Last edited by Ghost on October 24th, 2016, 7:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

What about the Southern Belles in the 1860's like in the movie "Gone With The Wind"? lol. Did they disappear after the Civil War?

Check out this soundtrack for "Gone With The Wind" called "Tara's Them". It sounds very romantic, like from a time long gone.

Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Where are the Southern belles like these? lol How come clothes aren't romantic like this anymore? And how come there aren't big ball room dancing events, where single men meet single women, like these anymore? lol

hammanta
Junior Poster

Post by hammanta »

Most are taken at an early age. If you are religious you can find some in churches but then you have to deal with usually no sex before marriage, church 3 nights a week, alcohol is for the devil, and strong approval of her parents. All of which aren't necessarily a bad thing to everyone but I'm sure they would tax most guy's patience and tolerance levels. Plus I'm sure many after having kids let themselves go because they feel no need to workout or look attractive anymore (most american women ideology).

I remember a buddy of mine dated a very attractive hispanic girl that was a devout christian. No drinking or partying, and church 5 days a week. He did eventually talk her into sex before marriage but he ended up cheating on her left and right. Needless to say he was an idiot but I often wonder whether I could deal with a nice "good jewel" like that. I'm not a huge drinker and am somewhat religious but to an extent that is extreme for me.
RickyRetardo
Freshman Poster

Post by RickyRetardo »

People tend to have a romantic, grossly inaccurate view of the south.

Many Southern states have a very high rate of divorce.

http://divorce-laws.findthebest.com/

If I read the chart correctly, seven out of the ten states with the highest divorce rates were southern states.
Let's get together and feel alright.
stressedtothebone
Freshman Poster

Post by stressedtothebone »

RickyRetardo wrote:People tend to have a romantic, grossly inaccurate view of the south.

If I read the chart correctly, seven out of the ten states with the highest divorce rates were southern states.
Wow. Southern chicks are good at putting on an act.
Anatol
Junior Poster

Post by Anatol »

RickyRetardo wrote:People tend to have a grossly inaccurate view of the south.

Hello,

I think that a number of factors are responsible for this:

Divorce became common after feminism. Rural people are influenced just as easily by 'trends' as urban people are. Southern areas, like any traditional area in history, had a lot of Churches. I have said 'HAD' because for the last 20 years, those Churches are just in name. Rural men also tend to be more uneducated and poorer, so without the guidance of a true Church, once they are given freedom they go the wrong way very quickly. Also, the rural population of Southern states declined very quickly as much of the populace started living in cities {(Dallas, St.Louis, Tulsa, etc.)}. Furthermore, tele-communication made rural-areas very susceptible to external society very quickly. Another fact: U.S.A. tends to be a very homogenous culture as well because of its short history and lack of fragmentation. For example, if one looks at Southern states BEFORE 1980, he will find a preponderance of stable marriages and very few divorces. But this is true for urban areas as well, prior to 1970. It is the same with fast-food restaurants such as McDonalds. One can find it in even the most backward towns in U.S.A. Lastly, Western nations, particularly U.S.A., are very efficient in making the national-goal a reality. This means that funding for feminism in the form of the 1972 equal-funds for females bill, was propagated in all sectors of society, even the poorest areas of Tennessee. As one is keenly aware, where there is feminism, there will be divorce as a natural consequence.

~~~~ [{(Out of the frigid ice to the North that no man had ever laid foot on, evil in the form of a man called Agahnim The Wizard came and he cast a type of magic never seen before by mortals. But together with the Ball-And-Chain Trooper and his faithful Master Sword, Link repulsed him and the IMPRISONING WAR was ended, to become the things of legend!)}] ~~~~

The evil that is the purest evil possible is feminism and it must be pushed back into its keep!
Mr.Darcy
Freshman Poster

Post by Mr.Darcy »

The rich aristocratic southern belles hang out in old money parts of the south, so you never see them unless you are old slave money lol. The upper middle class to middle class southern girls usually date within their high school or hometown. The rest are just trash.
Winston
Site Admin

Re: Do Southern Belles still exist?

Post by Winston »

Do Southern Belles today still look like this? This wholesome and ladylike? lol

Winston
Site Admin

Re:

Post by Winston »

Mr.Darcy wrote:The rich aristocratic southern belles hang out in old money parts of the south, so you never see them unless you are old slave money lol. The upper middle class to middle class southern girls usually date within their high school or hometown. The rest are just trash.
You mean like Jacqueline Kennedy? JFK"s wife supposedly came from a wealthy family in Georgia. She looked very refined and protected and aristocratic.

Have you guys tried using dating sites to find southern belles? Do a search for them on Match.com or POF.com or OkCupid. See if you can find any single ones who are looking.

Btw, in my experience, the girls from Tennessee and Kentucky seem friendly, down to earth and are easy to hang out with. I met several in Nevada and they had no problem going out with me or hanging out. They weren't as hung up about it, compared to girls in California or Washington state. West Coast girls are the worst.

Nomad
Freshman Poster

Post by Nomad »

stressedtothebone wrote:I used to buy into the misconception that southern women are different from the rest and that they respect men more, like submissive to their men. I was also convinced that infidelity and the divorce rate was low in the South compared to the rest of the United States. Strangely, the South does seem to have a large percentage and population of single mothers.

Are southern women different from the rest of American women, or are they exactly the same? What are your experiences with southern women?
I lived in Texas all my life. Southern women aren't different.

They grew up watching Disney like all the other girls. They may have Christian parents that give them some religious values, but they don't heed them. They just play the act to pretend like they are a good person, but aren't.

They claim to be "traditional girls" (christian parent values) but in reality, they just want the benefits of chilvary without any work or effort, while still maintaining feminist doctrine in their heads, that they are equal. Not to mention if you really put their test to the metal, do they prefer tradition over feminism, feminism would win most of the time.

A lot of them are very fat because southerners love to eat. Especially if its deep fried.

You will not find special snow flakes in the south. You'll just find a extra layer of values that they claim to have, but in reality don't practice.
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

Nomad wrote:I lived in Texas all my life. Southern women aren't different.

They grew up watching Disney like all the other girls. They may have Christian parents that give them some religious values, but they don't heed them. They just play the act to pretend like they are a good person, but aren't.

You will not find special snow flakes in the south. You'll just find a extra layer of values that they claim to have, but in reality don't practice.
I heard the same thing about girls from the south. I did hear that the women in Texas are at least a little friendlier than most women are in the US. Maybe that's not true either. :roll:
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

-----

Post by Ghost »

-----
Last edited by Ghost on October 24th, 2016, 7:41 am, edited 3 times in total.