Is A Foreign Affair a scam?

Ask questions and get advice. Disclaimer: Any advice you take here is at your own risk. We are not liable for any consequences you might incur from following advice here. Note: Before posting your question, do a search for it in the Google Search box at the top to see if it's been addressed.
Voyager1
Experienced Poster

Re: Is A Foreign Affair a scam?

Post by Voyager1 »

In the early days agencies used to sell ladies direct contact info (email, telephone, postal address) for $10-$15. This would put you in direct contact with your lady. The problem is that agencies were not making any money with this model. A guy could potentially pay them $10-$15, be in direct contact with the lady, get married and the agency would have no further compensation. They had to figure a way to make money. With the development of the internet along came chat, letter exchange, video, etc. Deploying all these services the agency can now make a huge amount of money from the customer without him ever actually meeting the girl. Case in point. Gsjackson is out $53 and has nothing to show for it. He doesn't even know if he was ever in communication with the real girl. Probably some chat operator sitting in a cubicle but more commonly they let these chat operators work from home.

John Adams of AFA is now charging $250 per (presumably real) contact information but there's no guarantee that the real girl is going to be interested in you or have a relationship with you.

The greater question is, Why is Winston accepting money from him?
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on May 24th, 2018, 8:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mr Natural
Freshman Poster

Post by Mr Natural »

Voyager1 wrote:The greater question is, Why is Winston accepting money from him?
I think we all know the answer. They appear to be his biggest sponsor and Winston probably isn't exactly getting rich here. Losing that revenue might be a really big hurdle for this site. I've asked him about this AFA stuff here on the forum and there isn't much for him to say. In one post he said he had talked to John Adams on the phone and "he seemed legit". I don't know how you can tell that from a phone call, slick people often "seem legit". But here is the interesting thing to me, they seem to be the biggest sponsor on this site, yet other than the ads they have no other presence here. You would think that John Adams or Bud Patterson or someone from there would post here occasionally and come here to answer some of these questions about them. You would think that Winston would have tried to get them to come here and participate in the forum. The silence, as they say, is deafening.

I guess companies like this basically prey on guys who just don't know any better, and there are a lot of guys here who do know better.
Everybody has a plan til they get punched in the mouth
Mike Tyson
gsjackson
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by gsjackson »

I'm hopeful of tracking this girl down to find out if I actually have been in communication with her, but don't open any more emails, including the one that just came. One thing I didn't mention is that these emails -- five of them so far -- all come with 2 photos attached, at a cost to open of $3.99 each. I haven't opened any. I'm wondering though if the agent I'm probably communicating with would have that many photos of all the women in their assigned group. Probably so. It looks like this operation is set up to shake the suckers loose of as much money as possible in a short time before they wise up, and the next one comes along. The agents no doubt have everything they need to create the illusion.
Voyager1
Experienced Poster

Post by Voyager1 »

Last edited by Voyager1 on November 11th, 2022, 10:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Huddo
Freshman Poster

Post by Huddo »

https://youtu.be/nVjdD4682nM

“A foreign affair reviews : join the class action law suit”

It will be interesting to see if this is legit when the video is uploaded. Hopefully karma is in store for the face of one of the most profitable scams on earth and John regrets allowing the FSU mafia syndicates to run his dating site.
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

Is A Foreign Affair the business that puts the pictures of models up throughout the forum? Usually, the women are pretty.

I have heard of companies that hire Russian models, have men go online and click to send them flowers, while the women write letters. I saw a documentary about a woman who liked an American man who was writing her letters. But she had to explain that she was not the model he saw pictures of. They posted pictures of models then other people wrote responses and pretended to be the models.

Does A Foreign Affair do this? Aren't they one of those companies that takes men on tours of Russia to meet dozens of single women looking for husbands? I saw a bit about that in a documentary also.

If they didn't try to have success stories, wouldn't they go out of business after a while? In the documentary, some of the people found matches, but I don't know if that was through A Foreign Affair.

I'd imagine to match up with a Russian woman over there, someone in the US or UK would have to violate the law, probably, to legally see her in person. But there are probably a lot of Ukrainian female refugees who are widows or else who have not married in Poland or somewhere like that.

A man wanting to marry a pretty Ukrainian woman could go over there and volunteer to help in a refugee camp.
TruthSeeker
Junior Poster

Post by TruthSeeker »

Huddo wrote:
November 10th, 2022, 6:01 pm
https://youtu.be/nVjdD4682nM

“A foreign affair reviews : join the class action law suit”
That video is being put out by Joe Rickards of Match Guaranty which has already been exposed.

https://www.meeting-russian-women.com/m ... ranty.html
Class-Action Lawsuit
One of those deceptive sales gimmicks Joe uses to promote Match Guaranty is the reference to a class action lawsuit against big pay-per-letter sites. It has been referenced in the footer of some of their marketing emails and Youtube videos (see the footer of those marketing emails).

Surely if you have been scammed by pay-per-letter services (and if you've used them, you've probably been scammed by them), word of a class action lawsuit is music to your ears. You think, "FINALLY, some JUSTICE!"

I would be very surprised if you ever got details about a lawyer or an actual class-action case from Joe. I would guess that it's just the bait to get you into Match Guaranty's sales funnel that will lead to a sale.
Info on MatchGuaranty.com - Joseph Rickards
beech5860
Freshman Poster

Post by beech5860 »

[quote=Rock post_id=265866 time=1470888500 user_id=5784

There are other alternatives out there I believe to get real contact with real women for a very modest price.
[/quote]

I'm very new into this topic. Do you know of alternatives? Or good sites in general? Not impressed with what I'm seeing out there, such as the various "cupid" dating sites.
69ixine
Junior Poster

Post by 69ixine »

beech5860 wrote:
April 6th, 2023, 2:25 pm
[quote=Rock post_id=265866 time=1470888500 user_id=5784

There are other alternatives out there I believe to get real contact with real women for a very modest price.
I'm very new into this topic. Do you know of alternatives? Or good sites in general? Not impressed with what I'm seeing out there, such as the various "cupid" dating sites.
[/quote]

All cupid sites are scams.
scamming simps,and raking in the dough with my AI female version softcore adult pics to get HA to be a reality.

https://playgroundai.com/search?q=huge+breasts