Anyone of you guys get along with your family?

Ask questions and get advice. Disclaimer: Any advice you take here is at your own risk. We are not liable for any consequences you might incur from following advice here. Note: Before posting your question, do a search for it in the Google Search box at the top to see if it's been addressed.
chanta76
Experienced Poster

Anyone of you guys get along with your family?

Post by chanta76 »

I mean granted wanting to live abroad or having way different world views might create conflict in family. Like your parents or sibling or other family members. Do you guys have this problem? And how do you deal with it?
I realize sometimes the world view people have on happier abroad is way different from the masses. Sometimes those views you feel so alone.
ishwri
Freshman Poster

Re: Anyone of you guys get along with your family?

Post by ishwri »

yes, my family is dysfunctional. Im overseas now, and I dont really want to deal with my immediate family. Its the fork in the road, either stay in the U.S. with your brainwashed family, that only care about Ipads, stupid TV shows, 9-5 corporate jobs, or go overseas with feminine women and happiness.
E Irizarry R&B Singer
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by E Irizarry R&B Singer »

ishwri wrote:yes, my family is dysfunctional. Im overseas now, and I dont really want to deal with my immediate family. Its the fork in the road, either stay in the U.S. with your brainwashed family, that only care about Ipads, stupid TV shows, 9-5 corporate jobs, or go overseas with feminine women and happiness.
Boom Shak-ka-la-ka! AGreed.
MarcosZeitola
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MarcosZeitola »

My family agrees with me on so many levels... my father visited me in the Philippines to see the birth of his first grandchild. We drank with Filipino guys, went sight seeing, had a blast. He made some Filipino friends and told me, he could see himself retiring there in a few years. My mother, likewise, had a great time. However for her retirement she is thinking more along the lines of Spain.

In a way, I have been blessed with a "happier abroad" family. My younger siblings are quite adventurous themselves. They all agree Western Europe and America are, in many ways, toxic. In ten years I can see all of us living abroad, somewhere, probably spread across different countries.

My grandfather, btw, was a naval officer. He traveled the world as a young man. It is his stories of beautiful latina women he danced with and African safari's he went on that got me into traveling, when I was a teenager.
On "Faux-Tradionalists" and why they're heading nowhere: viewtopic.php?style=1&f=37&t=29144
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

chanta76 wrote:I mean granted wanting to live abroad or having way different world views might create conflict in family. Like your parents or sibling or other family members. Do you guys have this problem? And how do you deal with it?
I realize sometimes the world view people have on happier abroad is way different from the masses. Sometimes those views you feel so alone.
I never had this problem. I felt alone and rejected in Europe, but never in Asia. About family members, they never cared about me, even were acting against me, and I never missed them during the last 40 years. Most of them who made my life rather difficult and unhappy in Europe are now dead, but whatever, I have no connection with them.
Bao3niang
Junior Poster

Post by Bao3niang »

I don't get along with my blood "family" at all. We are not of the same soul, they have been emotionally and mentally abusive to me, it got physical a few times. They constantly belittle me, try to tear me down, and do the same to each other. There is no sense of warmth, kinship whatsoever. They are not family to me, not at all. I will sever all ties with them in the very near future. In the first half of this year I got to know my biological father as a man, and what I can say is he is not the more relaxed, compassionate guy I thought he was. He is very typical of Chinese immigrants / overseas Chinese. He is remarried and has a stepdaughter and says he prefers the West, so, to each his own. Fortunately I have a good adoptive father, a Western man who prefers Asia and has an Asian soul.

One of the things I have learned in life is: Family may or may not be about blood. It's the people who love you, accept you, and are there for you when you need them the most. And of course people who want you and need you in their lives, not just because they need to use you to fulfill their own agendas because they are manipulative and selfish. The only way I will be able to heal and move on with life is if I sever all ties with my abusers / oppressors. Just because you share DNA with someone does not mean you are obligated to give in to their whims. There's a difference between genetics and a real family, a huge one. I am not emotionally attached to them on any level, and as time goes on it grows ever more distant. Decades from now when I have a loving, peaceful family of my own they will be nothing but a faint memory. Whether they live or die, whether they are rich or poor, whether they are still BS-ing with each other, none of that will be my business. If they are so cold hearted, cruel and calculating, then the best way for me to get revenge is to be happy. Karma will always find its way, and they will have to pay their due. Their downfall is imminent, so I guess they should laugh and indulge in their foolishness while they still can. Sometimes I have nightmares about them.

When I am forced to communicate with them, it is brief and impersonal. No exchange of emotions, just question and answer. I always have to say what they want to hear, but when it is time for me to sever all ties for good (1.5 to 2 years from now) I will make sure to devastate them emotionally and psychologically, to turn their world upside down. They will never be allowed to see me or talk to me again. As it is often said in China: "人在做,天在看。" They don't have the favor of the heavens. When they die even the crows and ravens will find their corpses too disgusting to pick on. This is how much I despise them.
CYKA BLYAT!!!!!!
MattHanson1990
Junior Poster

Post by MattHanson1990 »

My family has been paranoid since I went off to college, and it got even worse after my mom passed away. I understand that it's natural to get depressed after losing a loved one, especially in a non-inclusive social environment. But it went too far. And TWICE my dad tried calling campus police to check up on me. No wonder my life got worse when I moved back home after graduating university. I basically had less freedom. I couldn't just up and go anywhere as I pleased without telling my dad first. In other words I was free to leave the house but had to tell him if I was leaving Los Alamos for longer term. Not to mention I was also treated as a second class citizen even in my own family. My dad is a mangina claiming my sister is superior over me in just about every way. And both my dad and my c**t sister are brainwashed with political correctness. Not to mention they're extremely judgmental as most people in Los Alamos (aka California in New Mexico) are like that. This all added up to my life spiraling downhill even more than when I lived in Albuquerque.

Now that I'm abroad again, I feel more liberated again, and this time I am sacrificing pretty much everything in the US of Gay except for my passive income.

I will only go back under these circumstances:
- to get a residence visa from a Mexican consulate
- tourism
- "renew" the 180 day tourist visa by crossing the border
- if I had to live in America, I would ONLY live in El Paso
yick
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by yick »

My family are very happy that I am abroad and that I am happy. I don't think they ever expect me to come back. They would never ask, they are just happy that I am thriving.

I get on with my parents, we have a good relationship, my brother and sisters - we don't see each other all that often, we're not close but everything is OK, I wish them well in their lives, cousins, aunties and uncles - some of them are OK and some of them are complete and utter twats - none of them are any kind of influence to my 'Happier Abroad' plans.

The main people are my parents and they are happy I am happy, they would never ask me to come home. For that I am grateful.
Citizen
Freshman Poster

Post by Citizen »

My family is all dead.
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

Yohan wrote:About family members, they never cared about me, even were acting against me, and I never missed them during the last 40 years. Most of them who made my life rather difficult and unhappy in Europe are now dead, but whatever, I have no connection with them.
Sounds like you had a lovely family upbringing. :roll:
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."