About to finish up my Commerce degree and at a crossroads

Ask questions and get advice. Disclaimer: Any advice you take here is at your own risk. We are not liable for any consequences you might incur from following advice here. Note: Before posting your question, do a search for it in the Google Search box at the top to see if it's been addressed.
DaRick
Freshman Poster

About to finish up my Commerce degree and at a crossroads

Post by DaRick »

Guys,

I'm currently about to finish a three year Commerce degree, then do a Masters for 2 years. What should I do during or after that, to avoid a life of drudgery to be filled only by money and toys (many Anglos would find nothing wrong with this, but I do)? That is what awaits me in Australia, with:
1) A shortage of decent women
2) A father who believes that Australia is the best country in the world and proposes that I do a list of things which I've already tried and which I know will lead nowhere (like joining Asperger's groups)
3) A mother who is leery of immigration laws
4) Distinctly unhelpful psychiatrists, counselors etc, who have blamed me for my issues with women and have refused to give me ideas that I haven't already tried

I'm at a loss, seriously (aside from looking overseas - I know that I should, but I've no idea how to go about it without expending more money than I ought to). I've already begun saving and have made sure not to waste money on crap. Any help would be appreciated.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

have2fly
Junior Poster

just do it

Post by have2fly »

I don't know what to tell you. If you feel like shit in Australia, then go ahead and move abroad. There is no perfection in life. Of course you will need to spend money if you go abroad, of course life quality could be lower or things may not be available etc. However, the girl will love you and you will love her. You can live your whole life the way men do in America and blame themselves, some become gay, some just "give up" on women (WTF????)... I mean, just try telling some Russian 20-something dude that he should or may "give up" on women :) He will laugh for a few days and think it was the best joke ever :) Nevertheless, he will not believe you when you say it is a reality for men in Western English-speaking countries.

However, it seems like Australia is still a much lesser evil compared to the States.
aozora13
Freshman Poster

Post by aozora13 »

@DaRick

I have to agree with have2fly. I would say although western women (especially Anglosphere) are better in Australia than in North America. Honestly, I can tell you that the level of decent women in the United States especially is like finding a needle in a haystack. It is just too rare. I mean even when my parents believe I can find a decent protestant woman, it just seems that there is too much of an entitlement complex and this has happen in all areas of society to which men are horrible, men believe that that the majority of other men are evil that love to take advantage of women, only think about non-intellectual pursuits and do not think of any profound. Of course it is not true but the dating pool for men I would say for the 18-35 range is slim at best. Women at 30+ are pretty much have had several partners and worrying about having a child with a lover instead of a provider makes them find the nice and/or decent man who works hard (like yourself) and is unable to have a serious relationship because the women do not have 'value' in him. This is for me too and I see that really most of the American women I dated were crazy (as in asylum crazy) and I realized that I have to find my way to leave this society and to at least see the world too since I am currently in my mid to late 20s. I would say some options for you is to try to see if you can go to a good school possibly in another country if you can afford it or get your degree in Australia, and then see if you can find a women in another country and possibly bring her to Australia. You are near southeast Asia and not to far from Eastern Europe so those are your best options. Basically to somehow get a decent paying job and/or study for your masters in another country or to work hard get your degree, another job and to find a decent girl in another country and bring her back to the Australia and keep her from being corrupted.

Sadly, most of the 'rich' countries are pretty much influenced by feminism it is even going to the lower tier countries too. It is not affecting the other countries as much because of culture but it will eventually affect them too. I would say that you should try to get a decent women around 2013-2014. You will highly educated and able to be more able to do this. Please do not listen to your parents. They are only deciding what is best for them. I would just first make goals about your future and then do them.

For example, I graduated from university 2 years ago. I am currently trying to do a traineeship/internship in another country. I am hoping that I can either get employed by a company or go to study in Europe. Probably not the best idea since it is in Sweden where I can get the education but the education is not expensive like the United States and possibly with my 2 years of international experience and 2 years work experience I have a higher chance of working with a big company. So you have to at least have some goals so you at least see yourself in a few years achieving that goal.
travel_man
Freshman Poster

Post by travel_man »

Finish up your degree, and leave.

Forget about Australian/western women - forever. They are not serious prospects, and will not be in our lifetimes.

Keep in mind that if you want a better life elsewhere, you'll have to work. Expect to face some degree of drudgery, wherever you go.

You are far ahead in awareness than most guys in the west. Leave, and don't look back.
DaRick
Freshman Poster

Re: just do it

Post by DaRick »

have2fly wrote:I don't know what to tell you. If you feel like shit in Australia, then go ahead and move abroad. There is no perfection in life. Of course you will need to spend money if you go abroad, of course life quality could be lower or things may not be available etc. However, the girl will love you and you will love her. You can live your whole life the way men do in America and blame themselves, some become gay, some just "give up" on women (WTF????)... I mean, just try telling some Russian 20-something dude that he should or may "give up" on women :) He will laugh for a few days and think it was the best joke ever :) Nevertheless, he will not believe you when you say it is a reality for men in Western English-speaking countries.

However, it seems like Australia is still a much lesser evil compared to the States.
Thanks for the advice mate. Australian women are slightly less horrid than American women, in that they are less psychotic and a bit less paranoid. They're still generally of little worth as human beings or as wives though (as sex toys, I don't know - not my kind of thing, TBH). They're also attracted to similar types (even though AUS bad boys look a bit different from American ones).

Australia is somewhat safer than America and the education system (though still leaving a lot to be desired) is better. The public health care system is awful though (i.e - Dr Jayant Patel, etc.). Australia is also profoundly anti-intellectual and often looks down on the less athletic (even though it may not always be obvious). Anyone who deviates from social or intellectual norms is seen as weird (especially by Anglo girls, who are considerably more narrow-minded than the men are).
DaRick
Freshman Poster

Post by DaRick »

travel_man wrote:Finish up your degree, and leave.

Forget about Australian/western women - forever. They are not serious prospects, and will not be in our lifetimes.
I'll forget about Anglo women, for sure. Whilst I don't expect that much out of Western Europe, I haven't completely shut the door. I am part French myself, on my maternal side.
Keep in mind that if you want a better life elsewhere, you'll have to work. Expect to face some degree of drudgery, wherever you go.
Of course. If I remain in Australia, however, it'll be drudgery without much purpose. I'll work hard, pay my taxes...and come home to a social void and possibly an empty house (depending or not if I remain with my parents). Friendships are fragile in Australia. Not much to forward to, unless you like money and toys.
You are far ahead in awareness than most guys in the west. Leave, and don't look back.
Thank you - but I need a coherent plan to do so. Simply leaving for the next flight to god knows where won't do.
DaRick
Freshman Poster

Post by DaRick »

aozora13 wrote:@DaRick

I have to agree with have2fly. I would say although western women (especially Anglosphere) are better in Australia than in North America. Honestly, I can tell you that the level of decent women in the United States especially is like finding a needle in a haystack. It is just too rare. I mean even when my parents believe I can find a decent protestant woman, it just seems that there is too much of an entitlement complex and this has happen in all areas of society to which men are horrible, men believe that that the majority of other men are evil that love to take advantage of women, only think about non-intellectual pursuits and do not think of any profound.
Oh trust me, I believe you.

Your description of America's general perceptions of men actually seem to apply to Anglo women far more, given the shallow, exploitative natures of many of them. Classic projection.

That being said, the Anglosphere in general is quite anti-intellectual and Anglo men do not indeed pursue intellectual interests all that much, especially in a hyper-athletic society like AUS. That being said, they're more likely to do so than their female counterparts.
I would say some options for you is to try to see if you can go to a good school possibly in another country if you can afford it or get your degree in Australia, and then see if you can find a women in another country and possibly bring her to Australia. You are near southeast Asia and not to far from Eastern Europe so those are your best options. Basically to somehow get a decent paying job and/or study for your masters in another country or to work hard get your degree, another job and to find a decent girl in another country and bring her back to the Australia and keep her from being corrupted.
Feminism, from what I've seen, doesn't affect foreign women as readily in AUS as it does in America, for some reason. My mother remains as disdainful of it as she did when she first arrived in this country (in the mid-1980's, before the third wave of feminism). I will have to make sure my partner has strong principles. My principles (such as not being nice to those that intrinsically despise me just for spare affection or sex) have held me in good stead, so I want them in any future partner.
Sadly, most of the 'rich' countries are pretty much influenced by feminism it is even going to the lower tier countries too. It is not affecting the other countries as much because of culture but it will eventually affect them too. I would say that you should try to get a decent women around 2013-2014. You will highly educated and able to be more able to do this. Please do not listen to your parents. They are only deciding what is best for them. I would just first make goals about your future and then do them.
Yeah, I'd like to find a good girl sooner. That being said, whilst feminism is generally not a good thing, it takes on a different, less pernicious variety in Continental Europe to what it does in the Anglosphere. Anglo feminism seems to be more vicious in its misandry and less about equality (with the US being the worst) than say Sweden, which pursues the admittedly ridiculous theory that gender is just a social construct, rather than outright female supremacy. Add to that the distrust of Anglo-American values in many quarters (like in Russia). It will confine feminism, at least as we recognise it.

I think that my parents (especially my mother) are scared that bad things will happen to me overseas (not like they haven't already in Australia). Their concerns for me are genuine, rather than self-serving, but it is probably right to take their advice with caution. I will not like leaving them or the rest of my family, but it's better than me taking my own life in the longer run.

I will need to learn a foreign language, too.
Last edited by DaRick on August 15th, 2010, 7:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jackal
Experienced Poster

Post by Jackal »

Hi DaRick,

Could you arrange to study for your master's degree in a foreign country that interests you? Does your current university have any campuses abroad or does it have any semester abroad programs in your field? Going to a foreign university could be much cheaper than going to your current one (unless you're getting a big scholarship already).

Another thing you could do is to go to some business or economics conferences abroad in countries that interest you and you might even be able to get money to do this from your university. I know there are ways to arrange this at American universities, but I don't know about Australian ones.
DaRick
Freshman Poster

Post by DaRick »

Jackal wrote:Hi DaRick,

Could you arrange to study for your master's degree in a foreign country that interests you? Does your current university have any campuses abroad or does it have any semester abroad programs in your field? Going to a foreign university could be much cheaper than going to your current one (unless you're getting a big scholarship already).
Australian universities are different from American universities in that payment is done through a form of salary sacrifice, rather than taking out interest-bearing (presumably) student loans.

I believe the University of Queensland (my one) does have foreign exchange programs of sort - but then I'd have to find residence and learn a foreign language. It's not something you'd do just on the fly.
Another thing you could do is to go to some business or economics conferences abroad in countries that interest you and you might even be able to get money to do this from your university. I know there are ways to arrange this at American universities, but I don't know about Australian ones.
Possible to do this, but you get to go to Anglophone countries mostly, which is obviously a waste of time.