Video: Why EVERY white guy in Asia is a loser..

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
Traveler
Freshman Poster

Video: Why EVERY white guy in Asia is a loser..

Post by Traveler »

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJaQXj5wVXA[/youtube]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJaQXj5wVXA

How true do you think this stereotype is? Basically, he's talking about English teachers who he says have no skills which would make them employable in their home countries. The only thing they have going for them in life is the ability to speak their native language. He also says they are very socially awkward and can't get any kind of white girl back home.
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Video: Why EVERY white guy in Asia is a loser..

Post by Yohan »

Why EVERY white guy in Asia is a loser..

This title is very insulting from this Vietnamese guy.

I would agree with him if he says, 'there are some really bad and useless Western guys in Vietnam who take advantage of my impoverished and overpopulated communist country.

However to say that 'EVERY WHITE guy in Asia is a loser' is racist and far over the top, this statement is simply said not true.

On the other side I have to say, some of his video on youtube are very nice, they do not deny the reality that Vietnam is a very poor place to live for many locals...

The title of this video 'EVERY WHITE GUY in Asia is a loser' was maybe created out of bad mood or some misunderstandings.

What would he say, if I create a Video 'EVERY VIETNAMESE GUY working abroad is a loser who cannot find a lucrative job in his own country?'
drronnie
Freshman Poster

Post by drronnie »

Yohan wrote:Why EVERY white guy in Asia is a loser..

This title is very insulting from this Vietnamese guy.

I would agree with him if he says, 'there are some really bad and useless Western guys in Vietnam who take advantage of my impoverished and overpopulated communist country.

However to say that 'EVERY WHITE guy in Asia is a loser' is racist and far over the top, this statement is simply said not true.
Agreed. i know German expatriates who work for Siemens, Schenker etc and dont teach English and they need very good college degrees and work experience to even pass human resources. What the Vietnamese man is saying may have applied to 20 years ago but nowadays I see a lot of young to middle aged men from Europe who are doing successfully in Thailand both in working and in relationships. The one who are socially awkward are in the minority and I am one of hem but that is another story. Nowadays the stereottypical old fat man is more and more going out of style
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Contrarian Expatriate »

This guy is resorting to a female shaming tactic because he feels these "white guys" are poaching in his domain. This is nothing but envy disguised as superiority.
yick
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by yick »

I'm not white... but this is my view on it...

The problem with this rhetoric is that it lacks complete and utter original thought. It is the same thing that is squawked out again and again by (usually) jealous, envious local males in places like South Korea, China, Vietnam and Taiwan - it is envy disguised as penis envy.

The thing is in my own case is that I am a working class man who if I went back to the UK - I would be working - I have a masters degree, but it wouldn't be as enjoyable as the life I have in China. Now, whilst I am here - I am respectful, polite, do the job to the best of my ability and law abiding and go around my particular ville with respect and decorum.

Sometimes, people (for no reason) say rude things to me in the local language, take sneak pictures without my permission, overcharge me - things I would never ever do to them if our roles were reversed - but I understand that some people are jerks and the vast majority of local people are wonderful, patient and kind and I try my best to brush such bad behaviour from the jerks off.

My life is great, I have a load of options, I would never swap lives with the Vietnamese guy, he will never have my opportunities - the Chinese could kick me out tomorrow and I will find a job in Spain, or Poland, or Russia, or Peru - I can go wherever I want - my degrees and experiences are welcomed in most places - just like my passport - his? Well...

Is it fair? Well, it doesn't matter if that is fair or it's not - it's not fair the Royal Family in the UK have millions without working for it - I don't care, I understand life isn't particularly fair for anyone - you make best with what you have.

The thing is - the Chinese version of the Vietnamese guy whinging in this video - usually has things they could be doing in regards self improvement - they need a gym, they need to learn how to floss and brush their teeth, they need to learn how to engage people and be interesting - they aren't usually the best and brightest of their male representative - badly dressed, boring and usually single - I bet this fella doesn't have a girlfriend - which if you compare him to most 'white losers in Asia' means he is 1-0 down already.
Zambales
Experienced Poster

Post by Zambales »

Doesn't he realise that .....

a) Not everyone who works abroad is an english teacher
b) Expats own hotels and other businesses in Asia
c) Some expats are already retired
d) Some want to escape the rat race in the west
livefreeordie
Freshman Poster

Post by livefreeordie »

First of all this guy is completely weird, like who just makes a YouTube film after having a shower naked lol

He is so ignorant and depressing its mind boggling. He sounds like he is in Australia, so he is a country that has infrastructure because of white men, and he is whinging about all white guys in asia being losers? If anyone is a loser its this bitter depressive idiot.
Eric
Experienced Poster

Post by Eric »

He has points - like we all know it's true, this stereotype exists... but he's projecting actually his own loser mentality by saying what he is saying. Not all white guys are losers who "can't find jobs back home" but leave because they don't want to find jobs back home - are well qualified but are seeking life better elsewhere - whether it's true or not, remains to be seen and the grass is greener mentality never usually pans out. It's hard life is hard for everyone, but this man looks as if he just put down the IV drugs and hash pipe to make a youtube video about loser white men ...with his shirt off (trolling for attention while acting honest/humble) in a swamp in Vietnam.

What a desperate option-less moron.
Misery and happiness are only states of mind.
Falcon
Experienced Poster

Post by Falcon »

That's a bit far-fetched, but as Everdred said in viewtopic.php?f=11&t=29569&start=15 ,
Tokyo and Japan in general tend to attract a more decent crowd than some of the human slime that descend upon Southeast Asia, particularly Thailand, Cambodia, and the Philippines. Foreigners and tourists in Tokyo are a much more mainstream and clean bunch.
Traveler
Freshman Poster

Post by Traveler »

Of the English teachers I've known, some were retired from careers in their home countries and taught English to supplement their pensions. Others came to Asia to have some kind of gap year experience. They wanted to experience living in a foreign country for a year or so before returning to their normal lives back home. Some English teachers could easily make double or triple their income back home, but preferred a more laid back lifestyle. That being said, I'm sure a significant percentage of English teachers do fit the stereotype.

Troy Nguyen also claims many white guys in Asia are pedos or mongers. He's making a sweeping generalization based on a few white guys who were caught abusing children.
Are 50% of single white men in Southeast Asia pedophiles?

How many english teachers in Asia are paedophiles?
https://troynguyeninc.wordpress.com/
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

Making a video that makes it look like you are possibly naked, in the shower, automatically undermines your credibility as an expert on social issues.

What he is saying is also insulting to Asia, as if Asia is so bad that only losers would go there to work.

And 'Asia' is a whole continent, not just his little neck of the woods. China is the second riches country in the world. China may not be that great for 'expat jobs' outside of English teaching compared to the past, but there are still niches where white guys can go over and get a better job in their home country. In academia, some of the schools offer competitive packages. That is true of some of the schools in other Asian countries. In Indonesia, there are also oil jobs and plenty of other high paying corporate jobs for international corporations that attract expats. I knew an expat in construction back when construction was booming in the 1990's. I don't know a lot of people in construction, but I would be surprised if there aren't a lot of white guys raking in the cash with all the building going on around Jakarta these days. There are booming Asian economies, and there are a lot of opportunities, so the money draws expats besides English teachers.

As far as English teachers goes, I went over to Asia to see the world when I was young, not because I was lousy and second rate. It is interesting to live in a foreign culture, and once you get roots and get connected there, it's easier to stay in one place for a while. I married an Indonesian and stayed in Indonesia for many years. As far as 'coolies' go, that was used for foreign manual laborers, at least in English back when there were Asian laborers working in the US. I don't think it was used, in English, for professional type work like teachers and managers.

As far as getting women goes, some white men prefer Asian women.

I also notice this guy looks Asian and has a native speaker accent. So was one of his recent ancestors a 'coolie' by his own definition?
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

The more interesting question to ponder from this video is this: The West has really gone down the toilet, so more and more Westerners are headed towards Asia. That makes me worried for the future of the West, and whether all the problems of multiculturalism, Islamism, feminism and Zionism, will eventually lead to the total collapse of the Anglosphere. ...

It also verifies my decision to leave America and come to Asia in the first place; people thought I was nuts a few years ago, but now I look like a genius; Asia really is the future, and the West is the past. ...
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

My only thing is this: when the West collapses, Asia better not adopt the policies of liberalism and multiculturalism, that led to the West being in such dire position in the first place; also, Asia better restrict everyone from coming en masse, whether they be White, Jewish, Muslim, Black, etc., because that will lead to increased competition and dilution of culture that will affect expats already here in Asia.

Believe or not, even some of the expats I talk with that are living and working in Asia, Black, White or Asian, don't want more people flooding in this region. We don't want a situation similar to Mexicans flooding and ruining the States to happen here in this part of the world.
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

Why would a person spend time creating such a video? I say it's frustration. Because, when all is said and done, white guys are treated pretty well in Asia socially ( it's mixed in with sporadic, simultaneous racism albeit non violent for the most part), esp. if they have a high position somewhere. They also overwhelmingly get local women and marry/date/sex them. There is no such thing as a white guy who after a relatively short time, does not find a local girl there. Even in Korea, they do. They also find friends and social circles relatively easily there. So, they do have a good life in Asia.

Very average guys have it better than back home. And even losers become lesser losers in Asia. They almost always have a job, they always have money and always get sex.

Otoh,

In a very (socially) racist Anglo society, (Mongolian race) Asian guys are at the bottom of the romantic pecking order. It's just the honest truth. There are also more of them than Asian women and many are left behind as the former abandon them for virile local Anglo men. Thus, many an Asian guy in an Anglo society is an unwanted ( socially speaking) element. There are exceptions to the rule. But they are rare. Mostly, it's no friends, no GF. It sucks.

Asian women, otoh, are a prized commodity even past 30.

This is why you have angry Asian males doing such videos from Anglo countries, writing hateful things online, bashing white guys, etc. They are angry at the unfairness of the whole thing. I would be, too. But i wouldn't waste my time bashing, I'd start getting ready to go to greener pastures.

There are no angry Asian guys in Brazil, for one, making such videos. There could be in Argentina, though.

Smarter Asian guys either bring a virgin bride from Asia or leave for E. Euro/ Baltic/ Scandinavian countries, but the idea is too freaky and too difficult to implement for an average Asian male. It's too untraditional.

This guy isn't bashing white guys.

http://www.chinasmack.com/2014/stories/ ... nvied.html

He is one in hundreds of millions, though.
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

Yes, good post, Ladislav. I know some Asian men who left the States out of anger, so my suggestion for overseas Asian men is to go live in or date woman from countries outside of the 'Anglosphere.'

And anyway, it's not like Asian men are the only ones struggling in the Anglosphere. There's tons of frustrated non-Asian men, Black or White, who are struggling, too, so it's the countries themselves that are the problem, not the men.