Joel Osteen - Most powerful/successful preacher in America!

Discuss religion and spirituality topics.
Winston
Site Admin

Re: Joel Osteen - Most powerful/inspiring preacher in Americ

Post by Winston »

Kradmelder wrote:It is obvious osteen and his ilk of used car salesman scam artists have never studied their bibles. Do you ever see them use it for a sermon? They peddle their mouths. Certain they never opened their bible to 2 Corinthians 2: unlike so many we do not peddle the word of God for profit.

Whether he is jewish or not, he certainly looks like a jew boy and preaches the values of die Juden: the worship of mamon and the shekel. He has also said Christians should not eat pork ham or bacon and avoids the use of Jesus' name. Jewish traits. Rather than finding his voice and message attractivery, it disgusts me that as a Christian people will associate me the likes of him. He turns Christianity into a laughing stock.
What are you talking about? You never listened to any of Osteen's sermons have you? Of course he uses Bible stories to illustrate his points and he quotes Bible verses. Duh. Why wouldn't he? Anyone can do this. So why can't he? He is a shrewd smart man with a high IQ. He is Jewish too and Jews have the highest IQ. Why wouldn't he be able to quote Bible verses? If you listen to his sermons, you'd see that he does. See, this is an example of judging someone before hearing him out. That's a bad trait that you guys should avoid. Freethinkers should not do that.

Sure he makes money. But why shouldn't he? His profession is that of a pastor. It's his job. And people are supposed to be paid for what they do. It's what he does for a living. Just because he's good at it and successful doesn't mean he's bad. He brings value to millions of Americans. He helps them get through the day and makes them feel good about themselves. He probably makes a lot from TV commercials too. So what? That's capitalism. Bill Gates and Steve Jobs made a lot of money by bringing value to people's lives through technology and smart phones too. Why don't you say they are bad people too or that they are charlatans too?

Besides, I don't hear Osteen asking anyone for money during his sermons or on TV. If people are giving to him freely by putting cash on the plate that's being passed around at his church, then that's giving freely, not being conned. Can you explain why that would be a con?

His last name Osteen may be Jewish. It sounds Jewish. Rock told me that he is a Jew. But I don't hear him worshipping money in his sermons. Can you tell me where he tells people in his sermons to worship money or to try to get rich? He isn't stupid you know. Of course he uses the name of Jesus. Maybe not as much as you want, but he does mention it. How many sermons of his have you listened to? Anyone can listen to one and see that you are mistaken.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

YourTrustedAdvisor wrote:Winston, buddy, please man... this is serious...

I'm on my hands and knees BEGGING you.

Please, please, please, PLEASE!

Don't fall for this slick-talking huckster!!!!!!

He's a CON MAN!

A CON MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

~ YourTrustedAdvisor
You guys. Everyone, please answer my questions:

1. How is Joel Osteen a con man or charlatan exactly? I don't hear him asking anyone for money during his sermons. I don't hear him say that you have to send him money to get to heaven. During his sermons, I only hear him telling you how to release your pain and suffering so you can live a better life, and giving people hope in their lives. It's a message that makes people feel good and get through the day. How is that a con? He does not even talk about sin and salvation that much, because he knows those things turn people off. People want hope and a reason to live, so he tries to give them that.

2. Sure he makes millions of dollars. But he's bringing VALUE into the lives of millions of Americans. So he deserves to be paid and rewarded for his good work. What's wrong with that? Even in the Bible, God rewards people if they are faithful and do good work. For example, Abraham, King David, Job, and King Solomon were all rewarded with riches for being righteous and faithful to God.

The Bible doesn't say that you can't become rich. It says you can't trust in riches or worship money as if it's your God. It says that money can't take the place of God. It says you got to serve God first, and then you may be rewarded with riches. When Jesus said that a rich man can't enter the kingdom of God, he was referring to those who "trust in riches", if you read the original manuscripts of the Gospels.

Besides, being rich and successful is seen as a good thing in American capitalism. Some men are rich and successful and some aren't. What's wrong with that? Not everyone has to be equal.

3. Let me ask you this: If you were Joel Osteen and you had an amazing talent for preaching and public speaking, wouldn't YOU make use of that and do what he does? Wouldn't YOU capitalize on that too? Of course you would! Duh! You aren't stupid are you?

It's the same with everything. If you have an opportunity to become rich and successful, wouldn't you take it? If you had an opportunity to make a lot of money in real estate or stocks or with your own website, wouldn't you take it? Of course you would!

Even Marcos Zeitola, who thinks he may have found an opportunity to become a millionaire, he says, is trying to capitalize on it and make his dream come true. He has found his soulmate, and now he is trying to provide for his family by making a lot of money. If he succeeds, does that make him a con man or charlatan?

Our friend Rock makes money by buying property and then renting it out. He's taking advantage of his capital and investing it to make returns from it. That's capitalism. It's economics. Why does that make him a bad person? If you were in his position, you'd do the same thing wouldn't you?

I'd like to see some evidence or proof that Osteen is a charlatan. Just because he's smooth talking and charismatic, doesn't mean he's a charlatan. It just means he's skillful and talented and gifted in public speaking.

4. Where is Osteen getting his millions from exactly? I don't hear him asking for money during his sermons. Is there a collection box or plate being passed around during his sermons at his church that people are putting cash into? If so then people are giving freely. What's wrong with that? If you had a website and put a PayPal donate button on there, and people donated freely, does that make you a charlatan?

If Osteen is making his millions from TV advertisements and commercials, since he's on TV a lot, well then that's media capitalism. Why does that make him a charlatan? If people want to see him on TV and he gets a lot of viewers and ratings then the system rewards it by paying him for it. How does that make him a con man? Sure the system may be unfair, but that's not his fault.

Can you guys explain or elaborate or provide proof? It seems like you guys just diss him cause he's rich and successful, as though you guys are jealous and envious. If so, that's not a valid reason to call him a con man or charlatan. You understand?

If he brings value to millions of Americans by helping them feel good and get through the day, then he deserves to be rewarded for that. If he's a smart businessman, then he's being rewarded for that because that's just capitalism. If he's doing good work for the Lord or has amazing talent in public speaking and giving sermons, then why shouldn't he make money with his talent?

His profession is being a pastor after all. He's just doing his job. Of course he's going to be paid for what he does. You are supposed to be paid for your job. What's wrong with that? Just because he's very successful doesn't make him a charlatan. You gotta provide logical proof if you're going to claim that. You guys have not. All you've done is call him names and thrown ad hominem attacks at him.

Where's the proof for your claims???!!!
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Kradmelder
Experienced Poster

Post by Kradmelder »

Do you not see the contradictions that make him a prophet of false doctrine, ie a con man?

To attend his national tour meetings you must purchase a ticket. This is asking for money, not just a donation in the plate. You must pay to hear him or you cannot get in the door. Can you imagine Paul asking for an entry fee to hear him speak the Gospel? See 2 Corinthians 2. One of Pauls definitions for a false teacher is someone who sees godliness as a moneymaking operation.

What ever happened to the case against him by the NY attorney office charging that Osteen uses his charity to promote his for-profit books. The church pays to televise his sermons, which are infomercials to promote his for profit books and avoid paying tax. And the judgement against him by a band for stealing their music? Are these not cons?

I have heard enough of his BS on you tube clips to avoid any more of his serpent messages in my ear.

He is a feel good salesman that fits what 2 Timothy 4 warns against: "For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear."

To really see through this charlatan use this simple rules when listening to him or other similar characters that about: Is this from the Bible If so, where? If not, what part of the Bible contradicts it? You would be surprised at the result.
Last edited by Kradmelder on September 11th, 2016, 4:26 am, edited 2 times in total.
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

He's the only preacher I know of who charges an entrance fee to attend his sermons. A real man of God, a man of the Bible, will shun wealth and live a simple life, just the way Jesus did. He could donate his tens of millions to help the poor and needy but instead, he lives a very material centric lifestyle. Most TV preachers in general are an abomination cus they amass huge piles of wealth and spend it selfishly. They also often believe themselves to be prophet or God like. Yes, they major ego issues.

In contrast, Bernie Sanders has been a politician for around 40 years. He's had ample opportunity to become very wealthy like other US congressmen and senators. Yet even in his mid 70s, his net worth is but a few hundred thousand dollars, far short of a million. He flies economy class on commercial airliners. He walks what he talks which is getting money out of politics and reducing poverty. He speaks logically and coherently and can go into great depth on his policy ideas. That's the sort of guy who has real character and selflessly benign intentions. But that's also the sort of person who bores the likes of you and so many other sheep in the USA.

Why do you fall for the charms of this Joel Ostein character Winston. You're smarter than that aren't you?
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama »

Winston wrote: Adama, aren't you a Christian? Why aren't you supporting Osteen since he preaches and promotes YOUR RELIGION? Doesn't that make you a hypocrite? lol. Just because a man is rich and successful doesn't mean he's bad or a charlatan. Some people are just good, so good at what they do that they make millions. What's wrong with that? Isn't that part of capitalism? What about JP Morgan or Andrew Carnegie? Were they bad men too just because they made millions? Or Bill Gates and Steve Jobs? Why can't some people be successful in your book? Is it because you are envious of them?
At best the man is just a pop psychologist. He is more similar to Dr Phil than he is to a real preacher. His Christian doctrine is very scant to barely existent. He teaches the same New Age doctrine that you're used to, which is why you like him. If Joel Osteen preached true Christianity then everyone in this world would hate him, and he would not have a public platform to preach from.
  • True preachers are hated in this world by the majority of the people, and very few people are willing to listen. There's your proof right there. The unbelieving world runs away from Christians, Christianity and Christ. You know this, Winston.
  • Also, you know the Jews would not put him on TV if he was leading people to Christ. The Jews hate our Lord. Osteen is not leading them to Christ, but to worship money.
  • Osteen says that we should have our best lives now on this earth. This is contrary to Christianity, because a Christian's best life will be in heaven. The only way a person can have their best life now is if they are going to hell when they die. Osteen should know this.
  • Also, although being a millionaire by itself isn't bad, Jesus Himself tells us that it is very difficult for rich men to enter into heaven. You see how Osteen preaches about accumulating riches more than he talks about Christ or Christian doctrine.
  • He lets his wife get up there and preach, which is explicitly forbidden by God.
I also find it interesting how unbelievers are so willing to throw around words like hypocrite. Because I don't support a fake, millionaire "Christian" on TV that makes me a hypocrite?

That's the thing, Winston. The reason why you don't recognize a false pastor from a real one, is because all of the preachers of non-Christianity are false prophets. If you ever encountered a real preacher, Winston, you would run away as soon as he mentioned Christ's name to you. Or as soon as he tried to show you a Bible verse, you'd run. So stop pretending like you're into Christ. You're just into sweet sounding words that tickle your ears.
A good man is above pettiness. He is better than that.
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama »

Dear Winston, since you have now called me a hypocrite, I would like to pose something to you. I would be extremely disappointed now, if you didn't stop the worship of your false gods. Now you should turn to Christ. You see Christianity as valid. You're listening to this Christian pastor and you like him. If this is the case, you should now become a Christian again.

To not become a Christian, while uplifting this man as a good Christian prophet, certainly seems like hypocrisy to me.

Put your money where your mouth is and become Christian, since you like this Christian preaching so much. You would not hear me saying how much I like Buddhism, Hinduism, Jainism, Toaism, Confusianiscm or any other false works based religion, because they are each deceptions of Satan.

Are you not a hypocrite by betraying whatever pagan religion you belong to? You've abandoned your false gods to visit the real God.

You would have betrayed Satan* by recommending Osteen, if Osteen were a true prophet.

* In your essay on why you left Christianity, you explicitly state that you knew by Christianity that the false religion you were going into is Satanic.
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama »

Winston wrote: Well why not? Of course I disagree with some things in Christianity, but I also believe in freedom of religion too, don't you? If it helps people get through the day and brings meaning and purpose to people's lives, then that's good, more power to them. But it doesn't mean it's right for everyone or the "only way to God" as Adama claims. So I have a more balanced view of Christianity, not the extreme views like Christian fundamentalists and militant Atheists have.
Too bad for you, Winston, but there is nothing wrong with fundamentalism. It is just they have been demonized by the idiots of Westboro and other false Christians (Christians who believe more similar to you than what it is written in the Bible: that salvation is by works of the law instead of simply by faith alone).
Winston wrote: Joseph Smith may have been charming and charismatic, but we can't compare him because there are no videos or audios of him since he preached his sermons in the 1840's. :p
He is said to have been a Freemason, and we all know the Mormons aren't even Christians but something far, far different. ( Mormons believe Christ and Lucifer are brothers, that everyone will become gods of their own planets, that there is sex taking place in heaven and children being born, and tons of other nonsense that Christians don't believe.) Joseph Smith has unfortunately sent many of his followers to hell, and many of those who are still alive have had their eyes darkened because of their acceptance of his doctrine, which is a doctrine from demons.
Winston wrote: Aren't you an Atheist by the way? If so, do you agree with militant Atheists that religion is completely unnecessary, untrue and has no value? If so, please read my article on 4 extraordinary things about Christianity that Atheists can't explain.
This is one thing that should perplex me about you, Winston, but it doesn't. On the one hand you'll say how great Christianity is. On the other hand, you have written and compiled pages of essays "debunking" Christianity. You see this scatter braining as a good thing, as pan theism. I see it for what it is, just a demonstration of how your mind works.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Kradmelder wrote:Do you not see the contradictions that make him a prophet of false doctrine, ie a con man?

To attend his national tour meetings you must purchase a ticket. This is asking for money, not just a donation in the plate. You must pay to hear him or you cannot get in the door. Can you imagine Paul asking for an entry fee to hear him speak the Gospel? See 2 Corinthians 2. One of Pauls definitions for a false teacher is someone who sees godliness as a moneymaking operation.

What ever happened to the case against him by the NY attorney office charging that Osteen uses his charity to promote his for-profit books. The church pays to televise his sermons, which are infomercials to promote his for profit books and avoid paying tax. And the judgement against him by a band for stealing their music? Are these not cons?

I have heard enough of his BS on you tube clips to avoid any more of his serpent messages in my ear.

He is a feel good salesman that fits what 2 Timothy 4 warns against: "For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear."

To really see through this charlatan use this simple rules when listening to him or other similar characters that about: Is this from the Bible If so, where? If not, what part of the Bible contradicts it? You would be surprised at the result.
How do you know you have to purchase a ticket to attend his sermons? Are you talking about his special events, or his weekly sermons? Can you show me where on his website it says you have to pay to hear him speak? Or from Wikipedia or any other credible source?

Btw, he probably has to rent a huge auditorium for his sermons, so of course there is going to be a cost. Nothing wrong with asking people to pay to help pay for the cost of that. Nothing is free you know. If you held a seminar or concert, you would have to charge too, to help pay for the rental cost of the place. Does he charge an unusually high amount?

I highly doubt that you if you attended a weekly sermon at Lakewood Church, that you'd have to pay for it. No church charges for attending a sermon. They only take donations. But even churches have operating costs, they can't operate for free. Especially the biggest church in America at Lakewood Church.

Your last rule is a fallacy. Anyone can justify anything by taking any Bible verse they want. People can use the Bible to justify slavery, hunting, cruelty to animals, etc. You know that. If ordinary people can use the Bible to justify anything, why can't Joel Osteen? The Bible is a huge book of 66 books. Anyone can find a verse in it to justify whatever they want. Even New Agers can use Bible verses to justify their teachings. And reincarnation has been justified in it as well. So that's a bad rule.

Btw, your post had tons of spelling errors that I had to fix. Next time, please spell check your post before submitting it please.

Kradmelder
Experienced Poster

Post by Kradmelder »

Winston wrote:
Kradmelder wrote:Do you not see the contradictions that make him a prophet of false doctrine, ie a con man?

How do you know you have to purchase a ticket to attend his sermons? Are you talking about his special events, or his weekly sermons? Can you show me where on his website it says you have to pay to hear him speak? Or from Wikipedia or any other credible source?

Btw, he probably has to rent a huge auditorium for his sermons, so of course there is going to be a cost. Nothing wrong with asking people to pay to help pay for the cost of that. Nothing is free you know. If you held a seminar or concert, you would have to charge too, to help pay for the rental cost of the place. Does he charge an unusually high amount?

I highly doubt that you if you attended a weekly sermon at Lakewood Church, that you'd have to pay for it. No church charges for attending a sermon. They only take donations. But even churches have operating costs, they can't operate for free. Especially the biggest church in America at Lakewood Church.

Your last rule is a fallacy. Anyone can justify anything by taking any Bible verse they want. People can use the Bible to justify slavery, hunting, cruelty to animals, etc. You know that. If ordinary people can use the Bible to justify anything, why can't Joel Osteen? The Bible is a huge book of 66 books. Anyone can find a verse in it to justify whatever they want. Even New Agers can use Bible verses to justify their teachings. And reincarnation has been justified in it as well. So that's a bad rule.

Btw, your post had tons of spelling errors that I had to fix. Next time, please spell check your post before submitting it please.
From satan himself: give me money for a ticket to listen to me and save yourself:

https://www.joelosteen.com/Pages/NightOfHope.aspx

Do you think it is right to pay money to go to church? Every church has expenses and operating costs. Which charge admission? Not even money loving jews do this. Oh wait, Osteen is a money loving jew.

Sorry, posted from my phone so typing is difficult.
Last edited by Kradmelder on September 11th, 2016, 5:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Rock wrote:He's the only preacher I know of who charges an entrance fee to attend his sermons. A real man of God, a man of the Bible, will shun wealth and live a simple life, just the way Jesus did. He could donate his tens of millions to help the poor and needy but instead, he lives a very material centric lifestyle. Most TV preachers in general are an abomination cus they amass huge piles of wealth and spend it selfishly. They also often believe themselves to be prophet or God like. Yes, they major ego issues.

In contrast, Bernie Sanders has been a politician for around 40 years. He's had ample opportunity to become very wealthy like other US congressmen and senators. Yet even in his mid 70s, his net worth is but a few hundred thousand dollars, far short of a million. He flies economy class on commercial airliners. He walks what he talks which is getting money out of politics and reducing poverty. He speaks logically and coherently and can go into great depth on his policy ideas. That's the sort of guy who has real character and selflessly benign intentions. But that's also the sort of person who bores the likes of you and so many other sheep in the USA.

Why do you fall for the charms of this Joel Ostein character Winston. You're smarter than that aren't you?
Can you show me evidence that he charges for weekly sermons? I highly doubt that claim. I'd like to see reputable sources for it. Are we talking regular weekly sermons or special events? Every church has operating costs too. They can't operate for free. So of course they are going to take donations.

I don't agree that a rich Christian man ought to donate his millions to the poor. Do you donate money to the poor? We all know that giving money to the poor doesn't solve their problems. You have to teach a man to fish, not give him a fish. Even the Bible teaches that. Do you think giving money to poor Filipinos will solve their problems? lol. You know it won't.

I haven't listened to Bernie Sanders on TV. So I don't know how he talks. So I can't comment on that. I never said he bored me.

The man, Joel Osteen is charming and charismatic. That's all I said. I never said he was a man of truth. Even if he is a con man, he brings value by making millions of Americans feel good about themselves and helping them get through the day. Obvious a rich successful man who earned his money must have brought some value to society. That's common sense.

You are just assuming that he's a charlatan without any proof. That's not logical either Rock. You ought to have some real evidence before making such assumptions.

Kradmelder
Experienced Poster

Post by Kradmelder »

Here is a South African equivalent. Very popular charismatic type preacher

http://www.karoommc.co.za/faq

Note one big difference. Admission for the weekend is free.

"Everyone is invited to attend FREE OF CHARGE. There will be NO Tickets and NO Conference or Camping Fees. The costs to host the conference will be covered by donations."

Which approach would you say is more in line with the Christian spirit?

It is not just pay for 1 charismatic for an hour, but a few of them for a weekend. No light shows, smoke and mirrors etc. Open to all races and not all speakers are white. The money hungry types don't attend as no big profits to be made. We have those as well. Money must go up for blessings to come down. The only thing going up is the pastor's private jet. Google CRC and you will see a similar CV to Osteen. Scammers preaching the money and prosperity feel good gospel.
Last edited by Kradmelder on September 11th, 2016, 5:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Kradmelder wrote: From satan himself: give me money for a ticket to listen to me and save yourself:

https://www.joelosteen.com/Pages/NightOfHope.aspx

Do you think it is right to pay money to go to church? Every church has expenses and operating costs. Which charge admission? Not even money loving jews do this. Oh wait, Osteen is a money loving jew.

Sorry, posted from my phone so typing is difficult.
Sorry man. Those are special events, where he has to rent a huge stadium. So of course he has to charge ticket prices. But they are only 15 dollars, from what I can see. That's not much. These are not regular church sermons. See the website of Lakewood Church below. As you can see, there is no admission fee. See if you can find where it says that there are. Here is the church services page.

https://www.lakewoodchurch.com/Pages/ne ... Times.aspx
https://www.lakewoodchurch.com/Pages/ne ... edule.aspx

I don't see any admission fees. Do you? Also, you can watch the church sermons online for free at the link below. There are other preachers too, not just Joel Osteen.

https://www.lakewoodchurch.com/Pages/Watch-Online.aspx

Wow look at the size of Joel Osteen's audience! Dang!

Also, like Mark Davis, Osteen has a hot blonde wife too. Check out her webpage at Lakewood Church.

https://www.lakewoodchurch.com/Pages/ne ... steen.aspx

Wow. As you can see, Osteen makes use of his gorgeous wife by having her do public ministry and appearances too, just like how Mark Davis has his wife do podcasts and videos for his tours too. lol. The parallels are uncanny here. lol

Image Image

Don't they look like a winning team? lol. You guys must be so envious. lol

Kradmelder
Experienced Poster

Post by Kradmelder »

Having his wife do ministry and preaching:

1 Corinthians 14:34 Women should remain silent in the churches. They are not allowed to speak but must be in submission, as the law says. if they want to inquire about something, they should ask their own husbands at home for it is disgraceful for a woman to speak in the church.

The hot wife to sell the ministry and preach:

1 Timothy 2:9 I also want women to dress modestly....not with braided hair or gold or pearls or expensive clothes. I do not permit a woman to teach or to have authority over a man; she must be silent.

So what part of Osteen being a false prophet don't you get? Sorry, but I just see him as a charlatan using Christianity to get rich.

To see his wife on the pulpit with all her baubles is a mockery of Christianity.

I see by the spell check that it uses american English. To me, much of that is bad spelling, but to be expected from people that call petrol a gas LOL. Ask the brits; they invented the language lol. But I do see that i miss some letters and have typos when I can see it on a proper screen. Again, apologies. I can write proper English.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Kradmelder wrote:Here is a South African equivalent. Very popular charismatic type preacher

http://www.karoommc.co.za/faq

Note one big difference. Admission for the weekend is free.

"Everyone is invited to attend FREE OF CHARGE. There will be NO Tickets and NO Conference or Camping Fees. The costs to host the conference will be covered by donations."

Which approach would you say is more in line with the Christian spirit?

It is not just pay for 1 charismatic for an hour, but a few of them for a weekend. No light shows, smoke and mirrors etc. Open to all races and not all speakers are white. The money hungry types don't attend as no big profits to be made. We have those as well. Money must go up for blessings to come down. The only thing going up is the pastor's private jet. Google CRC and you will see a similar CV to Osteen. Scammers preaching the money and prosperity feel good gospel.
Osteen's Lakewood Church does not charge for their church services. See below.

https://www.lakewoodchurch.com/Pages/ne ... Times.aspx

They have black speakers too. See here:

https://www.lakewoodchurch.com/Pages/ne ... edule.aspx

So please don't lie about Osteen.

Btw, when Osteen charges for his special events, called "Night of Hope" as you showed us, you gotta understand something. The US is not South Africa. To rent a huge stadium in a major US city, costs a lot of money. These events aren't in his home town of Houston, TX, they are in other major US cities. So he has to rent a huge sports stadium for them. So obviously, he has to charge admission prices to cover the cost of renting huge stadiums like that. But he's only charging 15 dollars anyway. That's less than you'd pay for going to a baseball or football game. Do you think baseball and football games should be free too? lol

Also, you can watch the church sermons online for free at the link below. There are other preachers too, not just Joel Osteen, even black ones.

https://www.lakewoodchurch.com/Pages/Watch-Online.aspx

It's not right for you to be misrepresenting him you know. Osteen is not stupid. He would not charge admission to his regular church sermons in Houston, TX and make himself unpopular like that. He's not as stupid as you think. He's a great public speaker and businessman. Obviously he knows something about public relations. He would only charge if he had to. He is concerned about his image too you know.

Kradmelder
Experienced Poster

Post by Kradmelder »

The link i sent you is also a 'special event' not in the pastors' home town. It is a weekend gathering well over 1000 km away from the main pastor, Angus Buchan. Yet none charge admission. They won't rent an expensive venue as Christianity is not about ostentatious displays and big venues. Just Christians coming together to worship, in the cold, rain and mud if they must.

I need not lie about Osteen. He exposes himself enough that anyone who reads his bible can see enough. Yes he is clever and financially successful. Jews usually are. It does not mean he speaks the truth. In biblical times he would have been one of the Pharisees. And you should know what Jesus said about these 'religious leaders'.

God gave you Free Will. Therefore I respect your right to worship as you please. Whether you see it as through Yehovah, Allah, Jesus or Mary. Just please don't see it as through Osteen or such, and don't give them any money. If you feel strongly about the tithe, give it directly to charities.