Sainthood for Mother Teresa exposes the delusion of religion

Discuss religion and spirituality topics.
pandabear
Veteran Poster

Sainthood for Mother Teresa exposes the delusion of religion

Post by pandabear »

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

OutWest
Veteran Poster

Re: Sainthood for Mother Teresa exposes the delusion of reli

Post by OutWest »

Well, actually, what is exposed here is his superficial knowledge if Christianity. He is a hate filled atheist who does not even taken the time to inform himself about Christian theology or how much of that might be far removed from Catholic beliefs. As one of his commenters pointed out, you will not see him or his type make such rants about Islam. He knows Christianity is a safe target for his venom.
gsjackson
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by gsjackson »

OutWest wrote:

Well, actually, what is exposed here is his superficial knowledge if Christianity. He is a hate filled atheist who does not even taken the time to inform himself about Christian theology or how much of that might be far removed from Catholic beliefs. As one of his commenters pointed out, you will not see him or his type make such rants about Islam. He knows Christianity is a safe target for his venom.
Agreed. This guy's knowledge of theology is on par with a sixth grader's. A professor of bio-engineering -- it's his own religion, Darwinism, that's in full-bore retreat right now. Tom Wolfe's latest book, The Kingdom of Speech, is just the latest salvo demonstrating that natural selection is an absurdity applied to human beings. There may be a fossil record suggesting some degree of micro-evolution within a given species, but the rest of Darwinism is pure fiction. I guess this clown thinks a good offense is the best defense, as his intellectual edifice comes crumbling down around him.
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

OutWest wrote:
I agree, you will not see him make such statements about Islam. He doesn't like Christians and it shows. I don't think pandabear likes Christians either, then again liberals hate Christians with a passion.
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
OutWest
Veteran Poster

Post by OutWest »

jamesbond wrote:
OutWest wrote:
I agree, you will not see him make such statements about Islam. He doesn't like Christians and it shows. I don't think pandabear likes Christians either, then again liberals hate Christians with a passion.

To clarify, old traditional liberals are a far cry from the new "progressive left. The new progressive left is about lies, deception, totalitarianism and slavery.
gsjackson
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by gsjackson »

OutWest wrote:
jamesbond wrote:
OutWest wrote:

To clarify, old traditional liberals are a far cry from the new "progressive left. The new progressive left is about lies, deception, totalitarianism and slavery.
Agreed, but I would switch the terms around. The progressives of 100+ years ago were concerned with creating a more equitable society. They are to be sharply distinguished from today's liberals, who are very concerned about enforcing public acceptance of their inner woman and appropriate accompanying pronouns. Today's "lifestyle left" and "identity politics" have nothing at all to do with seeking a just society. They are the culture of narcissism turned into a political agenda.
pandabear
Veteran Poster

Post by pandabear »

Is there any religion which isn't ridiculous?
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama »

jamesbond wrote:
OutWest wrote:

It seems to me that OutWest here has made a distinction between the Catholic religion and Christianity. Atheists and Catholics sometimes both agree on one topic: They both think Catholicism has something to do with Christianity when it does not. Catholicism is the worship of Mary and the dead (saints), and it is a cult of the Bishop of Rome, who dares to call himself Holy Father, which is forbidden by Jesus in the NT. Jesus also tells us to beware of men who wear long robes. The NT also tells us that doctrines which command people to abstain from marriage, as in the priestly class for the Catholics and the nuns, and those which command to abstain from meat, are doctrines of devils. Also there is the issue of having statues of people, and often some Catholics will bow down to and/or kiss the statues, as you can see from a simple google search of "Pope kissing statue", which is blatant idolatry without question. Also, the Pope himself says a personal relationship with the Lord is dangerous, but we should yield to other spirits (which is an admission that he himself is possessed). He also says it isn't necessary to believe in God to get into heaven, which is another lie.

Anyone who is Catholic after having been informed of the facts needs to get out.
A good man is above pettiness. He is better than that.
pandabear
Veteran Poster

Post by pandabear »

Adama wrote:Jesus also tells us to beware of men who wear long robes.

Was Jesus' robe shorter than that of other men?
Adama wrote: The NT also tells us that doctrines which command people to abstain from marriage, as in the priestly class for the Catholics and the nuns...are doctrines of devils.
1 Corinthians 7 wrote: Now concerning the things whereof ye wrote unto me: It is good for a man not to touch a woman. Nevertheless, to avoid fornication, let every man have his own wife, and let every woman have her own husband. Let the husband render unto the wife due benevolence: and likewise also the wife unto the husband. The wife hath not power of her own body, but the husband: and likewise also the husband hath not power of his own body, but the wife.

Defraud ye not one the other, except it be with consent for a time, that ye may give yourselves to fasting and prayer; and come together again, that Satan tempt you not for your incontinency. But I speak this by permission, and not of commandment. For I would that all men were even as I myself. But every man hath his proper gift of God, one after this manner, and another after that. I say therefore to the unmarried and widows, it is good for them if they abide even as I.

But if they cannot contain, let them marry: for it is better to marry than to burn.
Asexuality isn't exactly a doctrine of the devil. Paul was asexual, and considered his asexuality a gift.
Adama wrote:Anyone who is Catholic after having been informed of the facts needs to get out.
First Amendment wrote:Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
By worshipping statues, they aren't harming anyone.