It's (no) more fun in the Philippines.

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
Zambales
Experienced Poster

Re: It's (no) more fun in the Philippines.

Post by Zambales »

I've traveled all over the Phils and the least friendliest places IMO would be Pampanga and Sipalay City in Negros. As for Pinays cursing, I've yet to hear one.
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama »

livefreeordie wrote:Perhaps the title should be changed to : It's (no) more fun in life anymore

Because that's exactly how suicidal this discussion
is in essence. You can take two men of the same age in the same city, and one is living the life of his dreams with no money, and the other is about to kill himself, loaded with money. Blaming circumstances and focusing on the vomit and feces in the gutter when you are right next to one of the world's most beautiful garden parks is depressing and draining, especially when there are more inspiring and empowering things to focus upon. And aren't there some incredible natural places in the Philippines one could visit too?

Each to his own, but making sweeping generalizations about a whole country, and basing that belief partly on the reactions of one woman or a few negative experiences, is absurd, and just as there are major negatives with places like manila, there are equally strong opportunities and positives to those same negatives I can point out. I dont mean to direct this criticism at any particular posters, just towards the negative beliefs that i read loud and clear in between the lines that create a self-fulfilling prophecy where the belief is reinforced, and i think its likely that there are major negative beliefs that are sitting alongside that one, which has less to do with the environment than you would think
And that is all I have been trying to tell everyone here all along, except I think it applies to the whole world, not just that SEA island chain. It is a matter of perspective and focus, which matter much more than location. Location is far lower down on the list than focus and beliefs. Everybody hates me or demands proof when I write it though. That's why they will get what they deserve in the end, by their own hand.
A good man is above pettiness. He is better than that.
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama »

publicduende wrote: To partly vindicate your opinion, I too got the impression that mature men are not seen under a particularly good light. Most of the girls I met in clubs and trendy bars barely noticed me and I had to be quite "noisy" and proactive to elicit their attention, or more. The only easy ones are those who would hang around anybody who will buy them drinks, but nobody would expect much of an enlightened conversation from them (although they might expect something else to come later, in more private settings). Perhaps one of the reasons is that, in a city almost devoid of the wealthy single expat type unlike Manila or Cebu, the young are for the young and it would be unthinkable for a girl to dance with a man twice her age, unless he looks like a seasoned version of Ryan Gosling or a non-gay Piolo Pascual.
That doesn't sound good at all. That makes it sound like Filipina women are pursuing western men for wealth, not for the man.
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama »

tuonsai wrote:I've been going back to the Philippines for about 5 years and interestingly and my attitude keeps swinging back and forth.
My first trip in 2010 definitely blew me away like nothing I could imagine. I had the best time of my life. I never got that feeling again though. After that it was more a question of developing
a relationship with a country and finding a place I liked. If you go there with a good attitude, good things will happen to you.

My first trip (5 wks): totally blew me away, so much fun, I loved the Philippines, started learning Tagalog

My second trip (5 months): tried to live there in various cities, got really sick of Philippines left with a bad attitude

Third trip (2 weeks): Had an awesome time, reevaluated, decided I want to spend more time

Fourth trip (4 weeks): Total culture shock of how much Filipinos imitate Americans, got really pissed, cut my trip short

After... realized I had a bad attitude on my last trip and realize Philippines needs to be accepted for what it is, realized how many good things there
and how unique it is. And how different it is based on where you go.

Now ... looking forward very much to my next trip and realizing how much it depends on me.
Sometimes it really is just a matter of your attitude.
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re:

Post by Adama »

Mr S wrote:
However, from my experience they aren't that much different from Western women as the educated here go through similar feminist brainwashing and have access to all the literature in one way or another. The women here are actually kinda controlling so if you got with an educated one who is a professional or went to one of the elite Uni's here they would probably be just as problamatic as Western women but maybe in slightly different ways.

I will admit I won't settle for trash women, and that's what's out there now and have been celibate for over a year now and I'm supposedly in p***y paradise in comparison to some Western countries. I'm basically not getting laid and its almost no different to when I was in the states.

I don't think I'm interested in living here after my kid is a teen or getting involved with a Filipina again. Not to say there aren't any good ones cause there are, but they are so difficult to find and it's pretty much the same level as trying to find a decent Western chick, so why waste money coming all the way here when the quality of women suck almost as much as they do in the West.
Look at that. No different than in the West. Why isn't anyone hammering Mr S right now?
Zambales
Experienced Poster

Post by Zambales »

I wouldn't take what Mr S said seriously. It's simply not true and I would hazard a very good guess that his lack of success in the Philippines is self-inflicted.
Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Re:

Post by Taco »

Adama wrote:
Mr S wrote:
However, from my experience they aren't that much different from Western women as the educated here go through similar feminist brainwashing and have access to all the literature in one way or another. The women here are actually kinda controlling so if you got with an educated one who is a professional or went to one of the elite Uni's here they would probably be just as problamatic as Western women but maybe in slightly different ways.

I will admit I won't settle for trash women, and that's what's out there now and have been celibate for over a year now and I'm supposedly in p***y paradise in comparison to some Western countries. I'm basically not getting laid and its almost no different to when I was in the states.

I don't think I'm interested in living here after my kid is a teen or getting involved with a Filipina again. Not to say there aren't any good ones cause there are, but they are so difficult to find and it's pretty much the same level as trying to find a decent Western chick, so why waste money coming all the way here when the quality of women suck almost as much as they do in the West.
Look at that. No different than in the West. Why isn't anyone hammering Mr S right now?
I've been a critic of Luzon women for a long time. I believe that's what Mr. S is referring to. However, any Filipina with a college education and works in an air conditioned office will be difficult. Also, any Filipina that has a maid will act like an arrogant bitch.
Paranoia is just having the right information. - William S. Burroughs
Citizen
Freshman Poster

Post by Citizen »

Adama wrote:
publicduende wrote: To partly vindicate your opinion, I too got the impression that mature men are not seen under a particularly good light. Most of the girls I met in clubs and trendy bars barely noticed me and I had to be quite "noisy" and proactive to elicit their attention, or more. The only easy ones are those who would hang around anybody who will buy them drinks, but nobody would expect much of an enlightened conversation from them (although they might expect something else to come later, in more private settings). Perhaps one of the reasons is that, in a city almost devoid of the wealthy single expat type unlike Manila or Cebu, the young are for the young and it would be unthinkable for a girl to dance with a man twice her age, unless he looks like a seasoned version of Ryan Gosling or a non-gay Piolo Pascual.
That doesn't sound good at all. That makes it sound like Filipina women are pursuing western men for wealth, not for the man.
Seriously, Adama, why do young attractive women get with old men? Power, prestige, comfort and wealth, right? If a beggar who is given a job or a loan can have those things then the old man/creative man is outta luck. Better yet for the woman is if the wife kills the husband (family she married into) young and then remarries whom she really wanted giving him all the what the other people created. Can change it up to be kill the husband young and then give the wealth to the daughters husbands. In all cases the new guy is a parasite who cannot/does not create. Just think how the masons, templars, catholic priests and jews betrayed free people by giving beggars jobs and loans.
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Re:

Post by Adama »

Taco wrote:
Adama wrote:
Mr S wrote:

I've been a critic of Luzon women for a long time. I believe that's what Mr. S is referring to. However, any Filipina with a college education and works in an air conditioned office will be difficult. Also, any Filipina that has a maid will act like an arrogant bitch.
That makes sense for the women who are wealthy enough to have maids. Is that the women he is referring to?
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama »

Zambales wrote:I wouldn't take what Mr S said seriously. It's simply not true and I would hazard a very good guess that his lack of success in the Philippines is self-inflicted.
"Self-inflicted" is a term you can use to label anything. A person could say that about someone who's in the states having the same issues. In other words, it is subjective. I would hazard a very good guess that lack of success in North America is self-inflicted. See.
Zambales
Experienced Poster

Post by Zambales »

Adama wrote:
Zambales wrote:I wouldn't take what Mr S said seriously. It's simply not true and I would hazard a very good guess that his lack of success in the Philippines is self-inflicted.
"Self-inflicted" is a term you can use to label anything. A person could say that about someone who's in the states having the same issues. In other words, it is subjective. I would hazard a very good guess that lack of success in North America is self-inflicted. See.
No need to be pedantic! If you look what Mr S wrote in his second paragraph, he states that he's having problems getting laid but doesn't want a trashy woman which is a contradiction is it not? A smart decent self-respecting Filipina won't entertain a guy who's just after sex. They can smell them a mile off just like a smart man can smell a desperate Pinay who is just looking for a better life in the West.
OutWest
Veteran Poster

Post by OutWest »

Zambales wrote:
Adama wrote:
No need to be pedantic! If you look what Mr S wrote in his second paragraph, he states that he's having problems getting laid but doesn't want a trashy woman which is a contradiction is it not? A smart decent self-respecting Filipina won't entertain a guy who's just after sex. They can smell them a mile off just like a smart man can smell a desperate Pinay who is just looking for a better life in the West.
You are correct. This is the same contradictory pose taken by most men here. They want a "nice girl" who for them, will be a cheap-whore...and they are shocked that some girls and families don't go for that...
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama »

Zambales wrote:
Adama wrote:
Maybe so, but it still applies. It's just some of the criteria is somewhat different. A good quality American girl, the few that there may be, can probably smell a bad man a mile away. Women aren't so different.
davewe
Experienced Poster

Post by davewe »

OutWest wrote:
Zambales wrote:
Adama wrote:
You are correct. This is the same contradictory pose taken by most men here. They want a "nice girl" who for them, will be a cheap-whore...and they are shocked that some girls and families don't go for that...
I've said it before and I will say it now - Outwest, you need to stop making sense :)
davewe
Experienced Poster

Post by davewe »

Here's a story that may or may not resonate - you decide.

When my wife was in high school there was a guy who hung around her home. Clearly he liked her and I assume she liked him - at least a bit.

At some point Janet's mother took her aside and the conversation went like this. "Do you know what his father does?" Janet nodded and her mother continued. "He's a fisherman. Now there's nothing wrong with that. It's good work and he works hard. Do you know what his mother does?" Janet shrugged and her mother continued. "She sells the fish. Nothing wrong with that. Do you want to sell fish when you grow up?" Janet replied, "Hell no!" and that was the end of the budding relationship lol.

Our assumption that all Filipinos are poor idiots is totally wrong. Janet's mother knew that Janet was ambitious and wanted a better life than she could get as the wife of a fisherman. Did that mean she told her to marry a rich kano? Of course not. She just asked a simple question - do you want to sell fish for the rest of your life? She's a wise woman.

BTW, my wife worked full time and went to school full time for 5 years so she could get a degree and have a better life. This had nothing to do with someone like me coming along.

All women want love but they also want a life they can be proud of. Filipinas are proud women. Do not expect them to roll over just because you are white.