Does Satan Exist? Nightline Debate

Discuss religion and spirituality topics.
Winston
Site Admin

Does Satan Exist? Nightline Debate

Post by Winston »

Nightline Debate: Does Satan Exist?

This ABC Nightline debate happened at Mars Hill Churchs Ballard campus, and featured Pastor Mark Driscoll and Annie Lobert debating the existence of Satan with Deepak Chopra and Bishop Carlton Pearson.

Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Oh that was an edited version. Well here's the full version, part 1:

Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Re: Does Satan Exist? Nightline Debate

Post by Winston »

Here is the full 1 hour debate on Nightline, all parts put together.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vg3-pwIP0X4[/youtube]

Why is it that only Christians and Muslims believe in Satan? And New Agers never do? How can New Agers be so sure Satan doesn't exist? Why are they so unanimous about it? How can Deepak Chopra be so sure that Satan doesn't exist?

If there's a God, there should be a devil right? It's only logical because everything has an opposite and is defined by its opposite. You cannot have a good without a bad, opposite polarities must exist to define each other right?

Even if Satan doesn't exist, at least demons or dark entities or bad spirits probably exist. Satan is just a label you can use to define one of them or all of them. If there are beings of light, there has to be beings of darkness too, and maybe beings of grayness in between. lol

Btw, that former prostitute in the debate was hot. Too bad she's no longer available anymore. However, I don't see anything Satanic about prostitution like she claims. Why would all her johns be demon possessed? lol

The_Adventurer
Experienced Poster

Post by The_Adventurer »

Isaiah 45:7
"I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things."
“Booty is so strong that there are dudes willing to blow themselves up for the highly unlikely possibility of booty in another dimension." -- Joe Rogan
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama »

We know Satan exists. If you've ever seen a Hindu god, you know who they are depicting. Winston, you know this personally, as when you were initially getting into New Age books, your soul cried out to you, "Satan!," and "Blasphemy!" many times until you hushed it. You admit this in your essay on debunking Christianity. So don't call me a liar or give me a warning point either. I'm just saying you already knew.

http://www.debunkingskeptics.com/Christian_Story.htm
It was all weird to me and my Christian world view taught that Satan was behind these kind of things. But I thought oh well, being a Christian never helped me through those 2 hellish years anyway, so why not give Satan a chance at helping me?
For the next few years, little by little I gradually developed the courage to read books with ideas from other religions and New Age beliefs as well. For a while, each time I picked up one of these books, the words "Satan" and "blasphemy" would come to mind, but I as I learned more and became more confident in my new knowledge, those fears lessened and eventually diminished. One day, I found another profound answer to what I was looking for.
A good man is above pettiness. He is better than that.
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama »

Winston wrote:Here is the full 1 hour debate on Nightline, all parts put together.

Btw, that former prostitute in the debate was hot. Too bad she's no longer available anymore. However, I don't see anything Satanic about prostitution like she claims. Why would all her johns be demon possessed? lol
Maybe she's run into men who have Murphy's Law attached to them. It isn't out of the realm of possibility that her johns are demon possessed. Have you looked ...
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Adama wrote:We know Satan exists. If you've ever seen a Hindu god, you know who they are depicting. Winston, you know this personally, as when you were initially getting into New Age books, your soul cried out to you, "Satan!," and "Blasphemy!" many times until you hushed it. You admit this in your essay on debunking Christianity. So don't call me a liar or give me a warning point either. I'm just saying you already knew.

It was all weird to me and my Christian world view taught that Satan was behind these kind of things. But I thought oh well, being a Christian never helped me through those 2 hellish years anyway, so why not give Satan a chance at helping me?
For the next few years, little by little I gradually developed the courage to read books with ideas from other religions and New Age beliefs as well. For a while, each time I picked up one of these books, the words "Satan" and "blasphemy" would come to mind, but I as I learned more and became more confident in my new knowledge, those fears lessened and eventually diminished. One day, I found another profound answer to what I was looking for.
That's not fair Adama. I wasn't saying that the Holy Spirit was warning me against those things. I was saying that my own FEARS were. Remember Christianity controls people with fear. Once you take it seriously, it hijacks your mind and reason and controls you with fear. That's why I kept getting those fearful thoughts. They were from conditioning. That should have been clear from the context. You are seeing what you want to see. :p

So how do you know Satan exists? Have you seen him?

Also, why do all New Agers claim that he doesn't exist? Why are they so unanimous on that? How can they know?

When it comes to something invisible, it's hard to say with any certainty either way.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

The_Adventurer wrote:Isaiah 45:7
"I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things."
Another possibility is that Satan is God's alter ego, or his dark side? Since we all have a dark side, why can't God? These verses may indicate that.

2 Samuel 24:1
"Once again the anger of the LORD burned against Israel, and he caused David to harm them by taking a census. "Go and count the people of Israel and Judah," the LORD told him."

1 Chronicles 21:1
"Then Satan stood up against Israel and moved David to number Israel. So David said to Joab and to the princes of the people, "Go, number Israel from Beersheba even to Dan, and bring me word that I may know their number."

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Irish philosopher and deep thinker Darryl Sloan explains why he thinks Satan doesn't exist. He acts like he's sure about it for some reason. How can you be sure about something invisible or above you?

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6fakYohScLE[/youtube]

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DxHEI_gHRys[/youtube]

His comments on: "The greatest trick the devil ever pulled"

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hfJClVjh0GQ[/youtube]

He also denies demon possession too.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o3XbwnHxlA4[/youtube]

He sure seems to know a lot about things he can't possibly know. That's odd. How can you be certain about things you can't see?

Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Moretorque »

Winston wrote:Irish philosopher and deep thinker Darryl Sloan explains why he thinks Satan doesn't exist. He acts like he's sure about it for some reason. How can you be sure about something invisible or above you?

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6fakYohScLE[/youtube]

?
The only thing that separates us from other life forms is our ability to have a higher thought level and possibly tears, we have very active imaginations especially father!

A volcano can go off in the distance and man may use his imagination and say that is Satan a entity I made up with my mind or you could be a cow and the extent of your thinking process would be to say Moo before your a$$ is wiped out..........Moooooooooooo that hurt!
Time to Hide!
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama »

Winston wrote:
Adama wrote:We know Satan exists. If you've ever seen a Hindu god, you know who they are depicting. Winston, you know this personally, as when you were initially getting into New Age books, your soul cried out to you, "Satan!," and "Blasphemy!" many times until you hushed it. You admit this in your essay on debunking Christianity. So don't call me a liar or give me a warning point either. I'm just saying you already knew.

That's not fair Adama. I wasn't saying that the Holy Spirit was warning me against those things. I was saying that my own FEARS were. Remember Christianity controls people with fear. Once you take it seriously, it hijacks your mind and reason and controls you with fear. That's why I kept getting those fearful thoughts. They were from conditioning. That should have been clear from the context. You are seeing what you want to see. :p

So how do you know Satan exists? Have you seen him?

Also, why do all New Agers claim that he doesn't exist? Why are they so unanimous on that? How can they know?

When it comes to something invisible, it's hard to say with any certainty either way.
Your fears? You never stopped to consider that God may have been in your heart before you pushed Him out, and that it was Him directing those thoughts as warnings to you? Even when they aren't saved, God still works in the hearts of unbelievers. So if you were having fears that were yelling within your heart that such things were blasphemy and of Satan, then it might have been God within your heart warning you.

As you ignored those warnings over and over, and you used your New Aged beliefs as justification to ignore those warnings, they diminished until they were extinguished. That's unfortunate, Winston. You should read Romans 1 which explains exactly what you did. Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened. And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them up.

There are other verses from Ezekiel 23 (thanks to Quiet Observer for bringing them to my attention), which shows how a person's mind becomes alienated from God. I believe that's what happens when He warns you over and over and you ignore Him. Alienation, Winston.
Last edited by Adama on February 3rd, 2018, 10:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama »

Winston wrote:
The_Adventurer wrote:Isaiah 45:7
Another possibility is that Satan is God's alter ego, or his dark side? Since we all have a dark side, why can't God? These verses may indicate that.

2 Samuel 24:1
"Once again the anger of the LORD burned against Israel, and he caused David to harm them by taking a census. "Go and count the people of Israel and Judah," the LORD told him."

1 Chronicles 21:1
"Then Satan stood up against Israel and moved David to number Israel. So David said to Joab and to the princes of the people, "Go, number Israel from Beersheba even to Dan, and bring me word that I may know their number."
You see how now you're not even afraid of blasphemy. It is just second nature now. To equate God as the evil one is a horrible, horrible sin.