Anybody know anything about Thongsook College in Thailand?

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
BATESOL teacher
Freshman Poster

Re: Anybody know anything about Thongsook College in Thailan

Post by BATESOL teacher »

no comment
Last edited by BATESOL teacher on December 10th, 2016, 9:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BATESOL teacher
Freshman Poster

Post by BATESOL teacher »

no comment
Last edited by BATESOL teacher on December 10th, 2016, 9:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
chanta76
Experienced Poster

Post by chanta76 »

Wow...just with this one thread with have new posters and all from Thailand.
CTH MAN
Freshman Poster

Post by CTH MAN »

Left forum
Last edited by CTH MAN on December 10th, 2016, 9:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on December 29th, 2017, 3:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jonny Law
Experienced Poster

Post by Jonny Law »

What a f***ing RIP OFF!

The tuition fee for this program is 5,000 baht per three credits, bringing the total cost to 200,000 baht (US dollars $5726.15), excluding administration fees

http://www.thongsook.college/ba-tesol

Go online you can get a TEFL certificarte for about $100
Jonny Law
Experienced Poster

Post by Jonny Law »

What a f***ing RIP OFF!

The tuition fee for this program is 5,000 baht per three credits, bringing the total cost to 200,000 baht (US dollars $5726.15), excluding administration fees

http://www.thongsook.college/ba-tesol

Go online you can get a TEFL certificarte for about $100
Winston
Site Admin

Re: Anybody know anything about Thongsook College in Thailand?

Post by Winston »

I received an email from one of the teachers defamed in this thread. He said this thread caused a lot of damage to his reputation and has threatened legal action if this thread isnt removed.

Should i remove it or archive it in the NSFW board?

Why is this school in Thailand so controversial? Why does it have so much drama and hate? Where theres smoke, theres usually fire right?
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
xtravel
Freshman Poster

Post by xtravel »

Winston wrote:
November 26th, 2017, 12:25 pm
I received an email from one of the teachers defamed in this thread. He said this thread caused a lot of damage to his reputation and has threatened legal action if this thread isnt removed.

Should i remove it or archive it in the NSFW board?

Why is this school in Thailand so controversial? Why does it have so much drama and hate? Where theres smoke, theres usually fire right?
IANAL, but reading between the lines it looks like some students entered into a dispute with the school, and decided to use your website to exact revenge. Justified or not, I would not want to be in the middle of this.

I would remove all the recent posts, including mine, reset the update date to the last post of 2016, and lock the thread.

The thing about Thais is they cannot cope with loss of face, and will do escalating irrational things to save face. It isn't worth it.

My suggestion is you not let your site become the tripadvisor of language schools, unless you are prepared to make the investments in legal assistance that tripadvisor, yelp, etc. have.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

This is an American expat teacher that claims to be slandered, not a Thai. Apparently he now wants it up. But wants to pursue legal action against the poster because he has been trying to defame him on other sites too.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
MrLeft
Freshman Poster

Post by MrLeft »

Ok I’ve been attended this little program for a few years. Here’s my opinion.
It was originally a 3 year 120 credit BA TESOL program which cost 120,000b. Now it’s a 4 year 120 credit BATESOL costing around 240,000b.

Looking at the comments so far this is what I think.

1 There is no “Ellsworth” or anyone who quit and rejoined because of Joe Batesol. Everyone knows who this “Ellsworth” person actually is, a chronic trouble maker.
3. There is no student “Terry Tibbs” (he gave a similar limp review under another alias on google) and if there were a Mr Tibbs, why would he join the program if he knew the former director-creator Bruce was an infamous crook? If so what kind of crook? Is Mr Tibbs owed money or does he know anyone who has been or finally or otherwise cheated by Bruce?
3. BaBoy is probably an alumni and former student council member who everyone knew and respected. He appears to be trying to protect the reputation of the program and the value of his degree, which is very understandable. However, doing so at the expense of people who supported him and are now in need of support is not the right way to do it.
4. Joe Batesol was elected by popular vote as the student body president of this program 2 years in a row. Joe was no bully but he was no push over either, he was very impartial and he helped everyone in his own “tough love” way. Joe was expelled in his final semester by the new CEO apparently out of spite? We students were never given a straight explanation why.
5. Joe Batesol did in fact leave the school in an ambulance, said he felt extremely ill, probably due to traumatic stress caused by the extremely confrontational way that he was treated by the student admin and CEO that morning. I know this because I witnessed the entire event. He was probably extremely distressed after being verbally abused, humiliated and physically pushed by members of the “executive team”. As I understand it, at the date of this incident, Joe was just two classes shy of graduating and he was notified of his expulsion just 12 hours before he was to begin his second to last class which was to start at 9am. To my knowledge Joe is the only person to have ever been expelled from the program. We can see from comments that are some students and admin who perversely see this event as some kind of victory as opposed to the big black eye for the program that it most likely represents.
6. The program does the majority of its communication via Facebook. As a member I have seen what is in my opinion, the brutal tactics that the half a dozen or so site admins use to ostracize anyone they don’t like or to further their personal agendas. There appears to be zero transparency and it seems that there is only ever allowed to be one side to a story. It’s no surprise that these fb site admins are brazenly spilling over into forums forums like TV and HA with their FB antics.
7. Since the new admin and CEO took over in 2015, many students voluntarily quit the program and have been waiting 2 years for the refunds that they were promised in writing by the program’s new CEO. I am one of these people. There have been no updates for well over a year.
8. I wish the best of luck to Joe whether he got what he deserved, or simply got shafted by the program that he worked so hard to help grow and to succeed,still remains to be seen. However I think the right thing to do would have been to just let him graduate and call it a day.
9. Deleting this topic would be a disservice to anyone trying to form an educated opinion about this program. For examplr, despite the negative things that may have been written here, during my time at TSC , it was a great program and there were many outstanding students teachers there. I made some lifelong friends and learned a thing or two as well.
Whether the program is good or bad should be up to the reader to decide and not something to be casually white washed out of existence.